Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie, Play, or Kill It With Fire

VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
Sometimes I do a sort of variation on the Kiss Marry Kill game for a bit of fun and potential inspiration for story bits in my game. I do this with the CAS option to start a new sim using the questionnaire to make their "story." I decide ahead of time a certain pattern of answers to give, but I never read the questions or answers at all. I want it to seem as random as possible without actually being random. For example, I might answer every question, no matter what it's about, with the first answer. Or I might go with a 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1 sort of thing for the 10 questions you get. My rules include not changing anything about the sim the game generates until I've made up the bare bones of a story to explain the traits they have and why they look the way they do.

I rarely actually use the sims they give me (in the game), because it's usually far less work to make my own than to remake the horror shows the game often generates. :fearful: But it's always worth a laugh, and sometimes inspiration strikes for possible use at a later time. I do occasionally use one or two of the generated sims for townies, but the rarest case is the super-rare sim that I might choose to play in order to explore or expand their story more, at least for a while.

I did a batch of these sims this morning, and I decided to make a sort of forum game out of it as well. I'll post their screenshots and a snippet of my thoughts so far on each sim, then leave you all to decide whether you'd personally choose to make them a Townie, Play them yourself, or Kill it with fire! Each of the following sim is a Young Adult, and I left them completely unaltered from the way they were generated by the game. Believe it or not, this batch is one of the less horrible ones I've ever seen. I did some yesterday and every one of them hit the Kill It With Fire mark for me. :lol:

Oh, and I didn't give them names. You can, if you like, even though I'm not keeping these sims. Also, I added fewer detailed thoughts about the sims following the first one, but that doesn't mean I didn't think some thoughts about them. Because I did. Ohhhh yes, I did. Edited to add: If you'd like to make up your own stories about these sims, please do! Or if you'd like to add a screenie or two of your own, those are welcome, too. :)

Got a message when I tried to save a draft: "You are not allowed to post attachments in this category. Please remove any attachments to proceed." So I'll try adding the screenies in the next post.
FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
Post edited by VeeDub on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    First up: Man In Black! My thoughts about him below the screenie.

XulC1KK.png

He seems to have a whole black-and-white thing going on, even incorporating his hair into the theme. I think he went prematurely grey because of his six messy kids, which is also why he developed his obsession with neatness in addition to his dislike for kids in general. Pretty sure all of that drove his wife out of his life along with the messy kids. But not to worry, our man has the big bucks to handle all the alimony and child support payments. And now that they're out of the house, he can enjoy his secret passion and do his cross-stitching without having to hide it from his pesky family. People think he's a gardener, but a guy in his line of work does need a legit excuse for digging holes and having so many sharp objects in his possession, right? I wonder what's buried in that bed of roses over there...

Next is ORANGE HAIR MAN. Yes, it's very loud.
    imFqzEW.png

I think this dude's got some seeecrets. For one thing, how does a glutton stay so very, very thin? Maybe it has something to do with how he acquired his interest in mixology. That's all I'll say about that. Pretty sure he's an investigative journalist, so maybe he joined the military to write some kind of expose. Or because of the mess hall. There has to be huge amounts of food there.

Next up: Woman Who Thinks She's A Cartoon.
    JUTzSDD.png

She wants to be a body-builder? Really?

Next is Purple Pony-tail Guy.
    92w6NaJ.png

I think he chose that mad purple hair and those orangey-yellow eyebrows because he thought it would make him more interesting. Did it work? Yes, I have opinions...

Next we have Woman Who Uses Hair-Must-Match-Shoes Fashion Rule.
    rq6vOdq.png

She's kinda cute, isn't she? And for a wonder, her traits and things seem to make sense. Shock! :astonished: Wait. Another Glutton? And another thin one, at that? Ok, scratch the making-sense thing.

Next up: Ginger Girl.
    SI7ZXgd.png

Looks-wise one might think "hot and spicy" and maybe she is. I guess that'll help with her plans to create all those kids in her big happy family someday.

And finally, The Usual Pear.
    BIcbHzM.png

Ok, so this is familiar. This is the kind of stuff the game is so very good at generating. At first I thought I'd have nothing to say about this guy because he's just so... I mean, his stats are all over the place. Apparently he's a good-hearted bum who has to tell the ladies lined up to meet him that he can't commit to just one of them. Because he's that much of catch and he won't be caught. I guess they give him gifts to try and win him over, which he promptly sells to finance his dreams of exploring jungle ruins so that he can tidy them up. It'll take a long time, though, with those tiny brushes...

Next up: Your Play, Townie, or Kill It With Fire ratings (or just thoughts). :smiley:
    Post edited by VeeDub on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    1. Man in black

I would play him as a serial killer who uses his gardening and stitching knowledge on his victims making fabulous crime scenes he seems like lots of fun

2. orange hair man
    this man could have found out about man 1 activities while on military duty but after he followed man 1 to the bar he unfortunately drink and snack too much and hence after being passed out he is discovered by man 1 and killed for what he knows.

3. woman who thinks shes a cartoon

I would play her as girl who watched too much anime and decided to become anime protagonist,move to sulani for eternal beach episode and grow lots of plants to fit her aesthetic

she soon realizes her anime dream isn't complete without getting fit as plum and finding villain to fight and that is guy 1.
    play.

4.Purple ponytail guy
    this guy is probably useless corporation leader in that anime girls story that gets killed by the guy 1 fast so death

5.Woman Who Uses Hair-Must-Match-Shoes Fashion Rule.

this is anime girls love interest who is being stalked by the guy 1 and provides the musical entertainment to the anime story
    she likes eating a lot and anime girl finds it cute undecided if she is a townie or if she dies

6.Ginger girl is the mom friend who cooks woman 5 the food she tries to help them to fight the guy 1 but also dies protecting her family

7. this guy is another guy having anime fantasy in isekai style he thinks all these girls love him just cause they're nice and finds out about the whole situation but dies because he thought he could fight but actually he is useless at it cause he is freaking nerd and too scared of germs to touch the villain
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2022
    There are seven sims, so 2 kill, 2 play and 2 townie, with one joker, I suppose?

Play myself: Black and white criminal guy and Skinny Cartoon Girl

Blackwhite isn't even a question, he's in. As a Neat sim he might be more the organizing/planning/sheming criminal rather than the one who goes around breaking into houses or stealing purses. Oh, and he hates children? Sounds like a former babysitter of the Villareal trio, probably Jacques' well paid gardener. I'm partial to the idea that he uses his cross-stitch skill to hide the fact that he practises Voodoo and he might at some point have been the lover of Jacques' ex-wife.
    Congrats, Blackwhite, that particular bunch of sims you're going to join has major played sims status. (Not main characters, but important/often played ones.)

Cartoon girl is from Sulani, where she grew up at a banana or coconut planation (Gardening skill). She used to be fat, then her diving career slimmed her down (the fate of way too many formerly beautiful curvy professional pearl divers in my game. Either that or they randomly find kelp and become mermaids.). That's not quite what she wanted, or rather, too much of it, so now she wants to achieve a happy medium. My townies cannot change bodyshape, so she needs to get played for at least a week before she gets the boot.

Towniefy: Purple pony tail and The Pear

I first had Skinny Girl here and Pear played, but then the story hook for Skinny required her to be playable.

Purple could easily find work in my canned fish factory or as an office grunt in my electronics/bots company, what would give him enough backstory to appear in the occasional screenshot. He likes food and music, well, that's pretty normal, everyone does to some degree. He also looks forgetable and won't give neither my cops or the gangs trouble due to his Good trait, that reads like perfect background sims material.

The Pear somehow gives me the vibes of one who lives in Strangerville and makes his living from scavenging from the car graveyard. Neat trait plus Handyness skill somehow add to "Recycling enthusiast" for me. Give him a fabricator and you're set.
    He doesn't have to be playable for that role, though, so for the time being I'd add him to the Junkyard Crew, a club led by my junkyard owner.
    Soon as Skinny has put on some meat and muscles, I'd swap her into the unplayed bin and play The Pear instead. By then he'd also get a real name and most likely quit his junkyard job to go treasure hunting (non-committal + aspiration).

Kill with fire: Ginger, Orange and Matching Shoes

- Matchy has the guitar skill, she'd hog the busking stations and steal the spotlight from my established townies. Can't have that.
    - Ginger is just boring all around, I can't connect to her.
    - Orange I can see as a military member who is involved in the development of bio-weapons (mixology = food chemistry) and probably taste-tested one concoction too many (Glutton). I already have enough intrigue going on and he's not looking interesting enough for townie-status, so he'll suffer an off screen lab accident.
  • Options
    @Simmingal I love the way you tied them all together in a tale both terrifying and hilarious. I hadn't actually considered them as a joint venture, but it works! :lol:

@EnkiSchmidt This particular "game" has no real rules, so it's fine to choose as many or as few as you wish at your pleasure. Your take on the sims is fascinating! I happen to agree with your opinion on Ginger. I might actually use her as a townie (if I'd been planning to keep any of these, that is), but she might have put me to sleep if I'd put her in a played household. :lol:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited February 2022
    also the man 1 could make cross stitch from reference of his victims while stalking them and he could have like evil lair full of them as he keeps stabbing the image on creepily :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    also the man 1 could make cross stitch from reference of his victims while stalking them and he could have like evil lair full of them as he keeps stabbing the image on creepily :lol:

Awesome idea! I just hope there are no mysterious red stains on the keepsakes of his... art de la mort. :hushed:
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This is like Squid Game for random CAS Sims :joy:

This is what I would do:

Lyle Stitch
    XulC1KK.png
    KILL. Oh no. This is an evil gardener who cross stitches. I'm afraid of what will he do in my game. Bully all my stay-at-home elders and parents with toddlers who garden to support themselves, then steal their plants, and then sit in a rocking chair and make cross stitch patterns of the fruits and veggies he stole? No. I will not allow that. His evil spirit will be released.

Shakespeare Orange
    imFqzEW.png
    PLAY. He is very handsome and has good metabolism. Plus, he is a bookworm and a writer. I would never kill him. Plus, his hair like the color of fire and his confident posture indicates that you couldn't kill him with fire even if you tried. He'd just extinguish himself from the oven flames and then eat the burned food. He is a soldier. I need him in Strangerville.

Akihabara Otaku
    JUTzSDD.png
    PLAY. This Sim is obsessed with Japan and wants to live there. Me too, I want to live in Japan. I will happily take this Sim on a trip to Mt. Komorebi. Relaxing at the Onsen and climbing mountains will boost her body confidence.

Purple Rain
    92w6NaJ.png
    TOWNIE. This Sim appreciates food and music and is reasonably dressed for a San Myshuno festival compared to my other guests. He is a city dweller who likes to spend his weekends outside of the city, camping and fishing. A logical, successful business man, and yet he dyed his hair purple and his eyebrows blond. He is a good Sim. His T-Shirt says a lot. I think he is a high tech professional with a good sense of humor, just trying to fit in with rich San Myshuno artists. He can stay as a townie.

Purple Boots
    rq6vOdq.png
    TOWNIE. Oh wow. This Sim also appreciates food and music and likes purple and money. She can stay as a townie for San Myshuno festivals. Maybe one day she will marry Purple Rain and they will dye their children's hair purple too.

Jenny Ginger
    SI7ZXgd.png
    PLAY.She's a working business woman, has savings, is logical, can cook, and wants a large family. She's perfect for family gameplay. Her children will be beautiful. And I like her dress.

Jungle Pear
    BIcbHzM.png
    KILL. He wants to be a jungle explorer and an archeologist, but you need strong upper body strength for all that digging and lifting heavy relics. Even though he's a bit geeky, he's non-committal, so I don't think he will stick to my Star Wars light sabre fitness routines. Plus, he's a neat Sim, he won't be able to cope with digging in the dirt and mud of the jungle. Once dead, I will let him stay in my game as a jungle ruin ghost for an extra tourism boost.
  • Options
    @Elliandre Those are some brilliant names! One of their bios made me have to clean my screen (laughing soda-spit happened), but all were very fun to read. :lol:
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @Elliandre Those are some brilliant names! One of their bios made me have to clean my screen (laughing soda-spit happened), but all were very fun to read. :lol:

@VeeDub Aww thank you. :blush: I'm glad you liked it.

That was a really fun topic. Now that I gave them names and bios, I kind of wish I had them in my game for real haha