Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about vampires in the sims 4?

Vampires game pack is a welcomed addition for us occult players, do you think vampires are needing a refresh ? Or do you think it's solid the way it is, also what kind of jobs do you give them ?, would you add to vampires? to give more options for them?

Comments

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Personally, I think Vampires was well done and I don't really think it needs that much added, given the Sims tone and teen rating.

If it were refreshed, however, I certainly wouldn't object to some more CAS assets; a tangible reward for becoming a Head Vampire and maybe something around enthrallment, like becoming a Vampire thrall for a day and a method for human's to resist enthrallment.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I think the only thing needed is that if your active sim is a vampire and you go visit some world at 3am, it should populate with things to do.

My biggest issue with my Vampire sims is I have to mostly leave them in Forgotten Hollow with a mod that lets them wander there at day (and I could get another mod to let them do that in any world but then one of the features of them is gone...)

I would love to have them spend a lot of time in the more urban worlds in particular, but these largely depopulate in the evening outside of a few sims in racoon cosplay.

We kind of need a 'Nightlife' pack.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have yet to play a Vampire, despite owning the pack since the first time it was on sale, so unfortunately I'm limited in knowing what I'd like to see if such a pack refresh happened.

I do know that I would like them to re-enable the vampire break-ins. And I'd like the Vampires to be a bit more active at night, showing up more often on appropriate community lots and creeping around other neighborhoods even, all at night of course.
    It kind of sucks almost NEVER seeing them. I wouldn't know I even owned the pack most of the time without seeing the stuff when I go into BB and CAS. It wasn't a Stuff Pack, last I checked...

I have a vampire club in my game right now, so I'd also like to see them add more club activities specific to vampires. Some good, some bad. I want to be able to have 2 vampire clubs, one for the wicked vampires and one for the vampires that want to pretend they are still decent human beings rather than undead blood suckers. I'd use the club system to simulate covens or bloodlines or whatever and right now there's just not enough vampire-specific club activities to make them very distinctive.

I plan to play a Vampire soon™, she's already in my game, I just haven't added her into my rotation yet.

I'm saying all of the above as someone who was extremely bothered by how Vampires "took over" the worlds completely in TS2, because I only play the occult types occasionally. There's a happy medium between making them spread like a zombie plague (TS2) and having them feel almost non-existent (TS4). I wish they'd find that happy medium...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I was thinking more recipes for vampire with plasma fruit, plasma fruit pancakes for example, we already have obviously drinking from sims, plasma packs 2 types, plasma fruit salad, fizzy plasma juice if you have eco lifestyle and of course the new wedding cake from my weddings stories, with vampires I either have them in forgotten hollow or in the city to protect them from sun exposure
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I want my vampires to work in a morgue or as medical examiner. Maybe even a funeral director. If you are going to be a creature of the night, you should have solid allies that cover things up for you.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    A couple immediate things that come to mind:

Vampire sims should answer their phone at night, no they are NOT sleeping.

Bring back night time break ins. A vampire turning up and knocking on the door isn't a break in. Despite populating my worlds with loads of vampires the only time I get a break in is in certain apartments in San Myshuno and even there it's super rare.

What happened to the calls asking you meet the vampire, where they then offer to turn you? I realize that I often play occults and they can't be turned but my humans never get the call either and they're usually besties with at least one vampire.

Please for my sanity, fix how food works with vampires and vampire children. I have to have human food in the fridge because the children can't eat plasma salad. But no matter how high quality the plasma salad in the fridge is, the vampire adults will always instead go for whatever human food is in there. I understand that asking this team to manage to make adults choose appropriate food is probably asking too much of them, so can they at least just make juvenile vampires be able to eat plasma fruit recipes? Then add more recipes.

I'll think of more, this was my first thoughts on seeing the thread.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would love to have little additions to the vampires pack

even as it is its definitely in my favourites of all sims packs ever

but there is few things i would add

for example standing up coffins for space saving in big vampire families would be cool

and it would be lovely to have more plasma things like plasma tea plasma bath plasma wine etc

I also think that they should tweak the plasma bags just a little so they fill up more thirst because as much as i like vegan vampire options its just really tedious to keep them fed with fruits vs sims

and I would like toggle to disable randomized townie vampire generation

because despite loving vampires i wish i could keep the power among sims i actually play with and am willing to turn vampire

and this way if you deleted all vampires you wouldn't have them spawning over and over to annoy you mid your non occult save

which means realism players could stop the " please nerf vampires" cries too and everyone could be happy

I would love to have toddler and child vampires or at least be able to give my vampire kids their own cute coffins to sleep in... or i simplify it more give them coffin shaped bed at least so they can join the family for a snooze

it would also be cool to have vampire hunters that fight your vampires to try to turn them human with vampire hunter lot challenge

but only if i can assign sim of choice cause im tired of random townies for important npc

aand i kinda wish we could do something about the graves in forgotten hollow like if some of them were real graves or we could bind sims to them or something

oh! and i wish we could have vlad statue of our own sims and replace it in the town center when we take over forgotten hollow but i suppose thats reaching :lol:

oh and they could also make vampire break in a lot challenge so people who dont want it ever dont have to deal with and those of us who love it actually get it sometimes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited February 2022
    I had a similar idea for a thread but I never got around to making it. I've often wondered if occult players played vampires and spellcasters like normal sims, giving them day jobs, etc.

I never saw a need for my occult sims to have jobs or normal sim lives because in my mind, they've already done all that life stuff. Having lived for "centuries," wouldn't they already have all the wealth they need? Or am I overthinking it? That's why I've always struggled to enjoy occults, especially vampires.

As for the vampires game pack, I think it was really well done. I actually tend to like all the game packs better than stuff packs and a few expansions.

If they were to refresh vampires, I don't think we really need anything else added, except for maybe more CAS assets. I would love a few extra lots in Forgotten Hollow but I think that would be pushing it.

ETA: I think more recipes would be useful. Cooking is my favorite skill so more recipes are always welcome.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    My vampires work at jobs that are at night criminal, paranormal investigationer and night shift at the fast food restaurant lol
  • Options
    I'm disappointed on the lack of break ins aswell, it made it unpredictable @CelSims
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think it's a very solid pack, but I would welcome a refresh for any pack especially this one since it's one of my favourites.

I don't give them any jobs because I think they would be terrible co-workers. I loved the Anne Rice vampire books when I was a teenager, so to me vampires are very artistic since they've been alive for centuries, so I have my vampires paint, write, compose music or sell plasma fruits if they need money.

In a refresh:
    • Plasma food and beverages to fill up their thirst.
    • Hair, especially side hairstyles for the male vamps because I like to give all my vampires the earring that came with the pack.
    • Clothing and jewelry, especially old fashioned since they are alive for centuries.
    • More bat and sun tattoos would be nice. I give them the bat tattoo when they first become a vampire and then the sun ankle tattoo if they can walk in daylight.
    • I'd also like the evil and good vampires to autonomously fight each other and to naturally not get along. It would be fun to catch a vampire fight at a festival.
    • I don't want them to autonomously eat human food if they can't digest it.
    • Some kind of trait for evil vamps so they always bite people for snacks and break into houses more.
    • Traits for the good vamps, so they always try to help human sims.
    • Moodlets related to their vampire life and how they feel about other types of vampires, occult Sims and human Sims.
    • I would really love it if vampire children could start gaining some vampire powers like the bat transformation, fast running, extra boost to skill building at night.
    • And I wish they could learn magic as well and we could have vampire spellcasters.
    • Edited to add one more thing, I'd like pregnant human Sims to be able to get vampirism like disease while visiting Forgotten Hollow or interacting with other vampires and have a vampire baby.
  • Options
    Oh and one more thing - there should definitely be an option to tell humans that you're a vampire. The de-nerfing issue goes without saying.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I never saw a need for my occult sims to have jobs or normal sim lives because in my mind, they've already done all that life stuff. Having lived for "centuries," wouldn't they already have all the wealth they need? Or am I overthinking it? That's why I've always struggled to enjoy occults, especially vampires.

They'd only have done all that life-stuff and lived for centuries already if that's the type of Vampire you choose to play.

The vampire sim I have in my game with plans to play is a teenager and her backstory is that she is newly-turned and doesn't even know who her sire is, left alone and afraid in a world suddenly turned upside down.
    She has no money at all and is sitting on an empty lot...she'll definitely need to learn both how to be a vampire and how to make a living as well as just how to survive when the sun comes up.

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Oh and one more thing - there should definitely be an option to tell humans that you're a vampire. The de-nerfing issue goes without saying.

@Kironide Yes, I would like this option too. It would be really fun if they had different reactions, some impressed, others got the scared emotion and ran away haha
    Stormkeep wrote: »

They'd only have done all that life-stuff and lived for centuries already if that's the type of Vampire you choose to play.

The vampire sim I have in my game with plans to play is a teenager and her backstory is that she is newly-turned and doesn't even know who her sire is, left alone and afraid in a world suddenly turned upside down.
    She has no money at all and is sitting on an empty lot...she'll definitely need to learn both how to be a vampire and how to make a living as well as just how to survive when the sun comes up.

@Stormkeep Aww your lost fledgling should find a Grand Master to take her in and train her. :cry: Are you going to keep her in a human world? My fledglings can be poor, but I usually have them quit their jobs and seek out other vampires for training and they stay at their mansion, learn from them and master skills. I've never left a fledgling on their own, that actually sounds fun, I might do that tonight. My Grandmasters though, since they are ancient, I like to cheat them loads and loads of money so they are very rich and they live in huge mansions I downloaded from the gallery since I'm a terrible builder. I really wish we had more lots in Forgotten Hollow.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    I pretty much like the pack the way it is and am still quite happy with it. Though most of the things people are suggesting are things I would probably like.

I think that, now that there is a "no vampires" setting option on the door, we could up the frequency of vampire invasions again. I am one of those players who actually does not want vampires invading in all of my households, but also doesn't want to use visible deterrents such as garlic all the time, so I really like that door-setting option. It gives me an invisible vampire deterrent option, which I like. With that working, I think we can safely un-nerf the invasions.

My main addition, though, is that I wish child vampires started getting their powers and dark form, and started drinking plasma fruits, as children. It feels weird to have a fully vampire family, with a kid born from vampire parents, who just acts completely like a normal human kid.

I play with vampires a lot. My two favorite vampires I play with are an artist and a detective. I do like the funeral home director idea that @SikoahGrace suggested though. That could be fun, and fitting for some vampire personalities.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »

@Stormkeep Aww your lost fledgling should find a Grand Master to take her in and train her. :cry: Are you going to keep her in a human world? My fledglings can be poor, but I usually have them quit their jobs and seek out other vampires for training and they stay at their mansion, learn from them and master skills. I've never left a fledgling on their own, that actually sounds fun, I might do that tonight.

Right now, plans beyond her backstory are up in the air. If she meets another vampire and they hit it off, I might have them take her under their wing, but if not she's going to be on her own. It will depend on their compatibility, I'm not going to force a relationship, but will let it develop if that's what the game wants to do and that all even depends on if she meets one sooner rather than later.

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I think this game pack is almost perfect, but I can think of a few things:

- Make Vampire Nexus a lot challenge that increases the likelihood of vampire break-ins
    - Small chance of being drank from or turned if you are wandering alone late at night or through Forgotten Hallow. (would have to be able to turn option off though)
    - Allow children and toddlers to eat plasma fruit and perhaps drink with permission from wrists
    - Make plasma fruit fulfill more thirst. Maybe tie it to traits: less for evil or mean vamps, more for good, vegetarian, or Regained Humanity vamps.
    - More plasma fruit recipes
    - Special interactions with other occults, including special buffs/benefits from drinking from other occults.
    - I'd really like a special fight animation between spellcasters and vampires where the spellcaster is slinging magic and the vampire is dodging and/or trying to use mind control. If the vampire wins they get a deep drink, if the spellcaster wins the vampire either has a random spell or curse placed on them. Vampire powers should also be less effective on higher ranked spellcasters and vice versa.
    - Maybe some special sentiments between vampires and their masters

• Options
    edited February 2022
    My current vampire play through is a rag to riches no paid employment.

It's about a orphaned runaway human teenager who befriends a recently turned homeless vampire who is living in containers in Evergreen harbour. The vampire is avoiding humanity because he's struggling with his Vampirism and his sire is mysteriously absent. In his previous life he was a highly educated engineer professional.

The goal is for the human to survive and eventually improve her skills enough go to college through scholarship.
    The goal for the vampire is to survive and learn about vampirism his condition, eventually to buy a house and get back to his former life.
    But just as they are both getting on their feet, his evil sire returns to cause trouble.

I'm finding it a real challenge to be a good vampire in winter without access to a computer, but it's been untold fun. <3
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    One of my favorite vampires is a top ranked oracle in the criminal career, other vampires are often free lancers who work in their homes during daylight.

In addition to what everyone else has suggested I'd like to see more reaction from other sims when they see a vampire doing bad things. If a vampire drained someone and dropped them unconscious in middle of the dance floor you'd think there would be a stampede for the exits, or at least something more severe than a moment of panic and some reduction of relationship.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I think the Vampires pack is one of the best additions to Sims4. My understanding is that break-ins are broken(bugged) and about a year ago I remember SimGuruNick was getting all the info on it - i guess it's just never been a priority to fix. I love the suggestion to make Vampire Nexus increase the likelihood of Vampire attacks. I'd like to see more lasting effects of people witnessing a vampire attack also.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Vampires is one of my favourite packs, and by far, the best executed occult. It’s only a shame vampires were nerfed early on :( .. The cas is unique (especially compared to other repetitive sims 4 dlc), the Bb is surprisingly universal whilst still being perfect for a Victorian themed vampire mansion.

The vampire power perk system, new plants with unique qualities, aspirations, along with a new world, it feels like a fully fleshed out and realised pack, near perfection by TS4 standards.. Compare it to the recent wedding pack and they are worlds apart in terms of quality and added gameplay..

I wouldn’t necessarily want a refresh but I always felt they missed an opportunity to add a vampire slayer for some extra spice? Also I feel like the random cave in forgotten hollow should lead somewhere..? I would also happily take more Victorian assets tbh. I loved they added subtle hints towards werewolves, and have long awaited a sister werewolf pack to compliment the Vampire one. However, I feel the quality of dlc has dramatically dropped over the years and honestly I can only dread a werewolf pack being released now.. ROM, mermaids, occults have been pretty tragic since vampires :(
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    The pack is solid. A few bugfixes and oversights need addressing, but not many. I would like the "Influence Emotion" to include Fear, the "Sit" command to be fixed, and the answering of calls at night. Otherwise, perhaps more plasma options and a tweak of the amount of thirst the existing options replenish. Any further, and I fear what they'd end up breaking in the process.

As for jobs, I usually just end up giving them whatever suits their personalities/goals. A vampire is just an enhanced mortal with more banes and boons in my gameplay. If it's a day-job, they imbibe Sunlight Reversal drinks or have their umbrellas handy (if they're not already sunlight immune). If they can't go out in the day, they can do a freelance/wFH job, or undertake a non-traditional means of income accrual. Rarely do my vampires have night jobs, funnily enough. After all, they have to keep up appearances, and have lives to coordinate.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    T for Teen is "generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language."

in Sims4, blood can't even be mentioned by name, or shown at all. This makes it hard to have credible vampires in the game and makes werewolves, even in Sims3, just furry people who howl.

I like vampires in sims 4 rather than if they weren't there at all, and thank goodness they don't sparkle like in Sims3 Supernatural. In sims4 they have lots of scope for the imagination, which is good because you'll need it.

The only way vampires in Sims4 are interesting is through the use of mods, and there are loads of them.

Otherwise they are just these paler, nice people who occasionally knock on your door at night, and stand outside all night unless you invite them in. If you invite them in, they play on your computer, or if you have none, read or watch TV while you go back to sleep, or else sit there being nice company (even if they are supposed to be evil) if you stay awake and engage them in conversation. Then they leave around 4 in the morning. And that's it, that's all. Nothing else to it.

So they depend 100% on the volunteer labor of modders to have any gameplay worth having, and the same can be said for maybe 70% of the game aside from Vampires.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    One of my favorite vampires is a top ranked oracle in the criminal career, other vampires are often free lancers who work in their homes during daylight.

In addition to what everyone else has suggested I'd like to see more reaction from other sims when they see a vampire doing bad things. If a vampire drained someone and dropped them unconscious in middle of the dance floor you'd think there would be a stampede for the exits, or at least something more severe than a moment of panic and some reduction of relationship.

speaking of which i wish there was a way to determine if our sims dislike vampire activity or not
    like my sims wife knows her husband is vampire she doesn't have to lose relationship everytime he hisses
    in fact id like to argue she finds it kinda hot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'd like them to give them some of their fangs back so to speak. I mean, the only way I got to have any vampire break-ins in my games was thanks to mods. I find this pretty asinine since it was a feature belonging to the Gamepack which was VERY clear about its' focus, yet they nerfed it because for some stupid reason people who don't want vampires in their game still insisted to buy the pack, not taking any responsibility for their own actions and then complaining about it when there's vampires being like vampires (therefore ruining the fun for the actual target audience).
    Now it's like the only way you can even see vampires acting like vampires in your games is by playing them yourself or using mods. Therefore I'd love it if they would introduce settings (akin to Sims 3) in which you can control the presence of vampires. And that of any other occults. I think it'd the best solution for everyone. Even us occult lovers might have their favorites you know so options to control their presence would be highly appreciated.
    Other than that I'm very satisfied with vampires and think their TS4 iteration is definitely the best. Absolutely in love with how you must pick weaknesses for them. Makes them much more interesting than spellcasters IMO. (Actually the only reason I got RoM was after I made sure there's mods to make them more challenging.)