Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims 4 dlc do you wish was in TS3?

Either ep, gp, or sp. Or kit i guess :p

Like when playing TS3, 'Man I wish X was in this game too' do you have any?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I only got to play with Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work so far. But from what I see, most of the packs are redescribed ones from older games. So basically, they use the same themes in other ways.

But this doesn't go for some packs. I wish we had a village lifestyle in The Sims 3. So, my vote goes to Cottage Living expansion pack.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I wish we had proper groups like from Get Together, besides that I'm pretty happy with everything else.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cottage Living, basically. Loved my garden in 3, but I needed more than the store pack in 3.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The only thing I think would be nice to have from the Sims 4 is the calendar.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I guess I would take the acting career from GF without the fame system. :D

ETA: Oh I'd love to have the full photography system from BG, GTW and the Moschino Stuff pack.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    none because I don't really play ts3 that much despite few good things it does have and adding a thing would just make it even more laggy

but if i ignore that i feel like ambitions could have little bit of get to work in it

like i feel like get to work is just kinda like extension of the ts3 thinking and with aliens from ts3 that can actually do stuff i could have more fun with the science stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Snowy Escape perhaps. Though there are two things Sims 4 has that would make Sims 3 the perfect game for me: the calendar and the search bar.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    My vote is for Cottage Living. Check out some conversions from sims 4 to 3 here - https://martassimsbookcc.tumblr.com/s4packs
    There are a few others that have converted sims 4 to 3 objects but I don't feel like looking them up right now, sorry.

Shameless plug - I'm attempting to make a world that resembles the Cottage Living world, Henford-on-Bagley.
    https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    My vote is for Cottage Living. Check out some conversions from sims 4 to 3 here - https://martassimsbookcc.tumblr.com/s4packs
    There are a few others that have converted sims 4 to 3 objects but I don't feel like looking them up right now, sorry.

Shameless plug - I'm attempting to make a world that resembles the Cottage Living world, Henford-on-Bagley.
    https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/

This is so cool! Thanks!

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    The toddlers. I know that's technically not dlc, but if I could have the adorable toddlers from 4 I'd be happy.
    And I really like the knitting pack and the cross stitching from CL, we never did get crafts in 3.
  • AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    but if i ignore that i feel like ambitions could have little bit of get to work in it
    Besides the buggy retail system, there's nothing about GtW that's anything special compared to Ambitions.

I really did wish Sims 3 had a business type pack like the Sims 2's Open for Business. The Sims 3 Store stuff for retail is just not it at all, and the Sims 2 business system still reigns supreme to this day.

As for the Sims 4 expansions: none of them. They're either lesser versions of the Sims 3 ones or too scatterbrained when it comes to theme and gameplay content.
    I do like the knitting stuff from the Nifty Knitting a lot though, definitely one thing I wish would be retroactively added. It's just a cute hobby for elders to have.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2022
    Just cottage for the fully fledged farm, there's already plenty of custom world andofficial worlds that fit to build a farm on for example Riverview, Appaloosa Plains Moonlight Falls and half part of Hidden Springs
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    The toddlers. I know that's technically not dlc, but if I could have the adorable toddlers from 4 I'd be happy.
    And I really like the knitting pack and the cross stitching from CL, we never did get crafts in 3.

True toddlers are really cool in TS4

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Not really a whole pack... but I´d like to have the chickens from Cottage living.
    And the search bar in buy/build.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member

Thank you, didn't know this! Will go look right now.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would have loved the yoga stuff in Sims 3. Always wanted them to be able to do yoga.
    Oh and the craft stuff too.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2022
    A lot of little things like improved toddlers, vampires, and all of the elements of the Sims 4 mermaids (with tail showing in bathtub, attracting fish, befriending the dolphins and having dolphins fetch stuff, the sweet intertwining the of the tails of the mermaids as both mermaids kiss in the water, the lovely singing, the customization of sharp teeth and tail fin types, etc) combining with Sims 3 mermaid elements, and whatever else is in Sims 4 packs that weren’t in Sims 3 like calendar, Parenthood content, and various little things from various packs, etc.

I actually love a lot of Sims 4 content as well as content from Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3, and I hope Sims 5 has a lot of stuff from all four Sims games, from as far back as Sims 1 all through Sims 4.

I am glad to have all of the Sims games, but I often have trouble deciding which ones to play, lol. (I have Sims 2 ultimate collection on origin plus Sims 2 CDs. I even have some Sims 1 and Sims 3 cds still.)

I’ve been back and forth between Sims 2 and Sims 3 alongside Sims 4 in the past.

But now, lately, I’ve been going back and forth between Sims 3 and Sims 4 since they have elements I love, like the mermaids, vampires, and toddlers and various other content stuff in both games.

(I love Sims 4 toddlers and a lot of elements of the Sims 4 mermaids, but I often miss a lot of Sims 3 content and Sims 3’s mermaid elements like exploring underwater and calling the Kraken/sharks, etc.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I wish we had the search. very useful. So now that you asked us, what is yours.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Paranormal.I know we have supernatural but I like paranormals features better
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

That's what I would like. I don't know how many times I've scrolled through all the items in miscellaneous decor knowing what I want is in there and still can't find it. Search would definitely help and is the only thing I remember from my brief time playing 4 that I liked.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

That's what I would like. I don't know how many times I've scrolled through all the items in miscellaneous decor knowing what I want is in there and still can't find it. Search would definitely help and is the only thing I remember from my brief time playing 4 that I liked.

But at the same time, not having the search bar has forced me to memorize where everything is. Which I feel like I do. :D
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

What I do when I can't find something, is to find it in Edit Town in one of the houses I've built that has the item, then grab it so it will bring up the information on it. Knowing the price for it makes it easier to find, since I have a much smaller area to look through.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I use the collection folders as my search tool. I have a folder for kitchen clutter, bathroom clutter, farming and garden item and so on. Finding items or rather objects is easier when I place them into a category.