Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation on spring roadmap

What do you think the April/May/June roadmap will look like?

My guess would be 2 kits and a pack. Hopefully an expansion pack, I worry that if they wait till summer to release the next expansion pack we will only see one again this year. We probably won't see another game pack since we are getting one with this roadmap.

I'm going to guess 2 kits and an EP, music and/or hobbies related.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I think two kits and an expansion is a solid guess. probably Kit, Kit, Expansion, with the expansion late in June so it's still "summer" (which starts June 22nd) but within the 3 month road map.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    What do you think the April/May/June roadmap will look like?

My guess would be 2 kits and a pack. Hopefully an expansion pack, I worry that if they wait till summer to release the next expansion pack we will only see one again this year. We probably won't see another game pack since we are getting one with this roadmap.

I'm going to guess 2 kits and an EP, music and/or hobbies related.

For sure I forsee another Stuffpack releasing and of course more kits. I also think we ll get that story progression update they were talking about.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2022
    Summer of Sims : May, June, July, … and Aug. (2 Kits, 1 GP and 1 EP)
    Season of Selves : Oct., Nov., Dec. (4 Kits)
    Simthing to Celebrate : Feb., March (1 GP and 2 Kits)

I'm not sure about Spring, it could be Summer.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd be surprised to see another GP but if it is I hope it's an Outdoor Retreat Refresh.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I hope we get an early Expansion, and that we get at least 1 stuff pack and another GP, I’m sure we will see kits, but I’d love to see a full spring.
  • Options
    GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP07 StrangerVille (Feb.)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP08 Realm of Magic (Sep.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP09 Star Wars : Journey to Batuu (Sep.)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP10 Dream Home Decorator (June)
    <-- 8 months -->
    GP11 My Wedding Stories (Feb.)

In theory the next GP shouldn't be released before September (7 months later)
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    there could be a refresh ... I would like something like OR or GTW
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm thinking ep will be summer

we could maybe see stuff pack in between
    cause its been ages since stuff packs were a thing

ooor then they just keep with the kit kit kit kit kit kit kit
    oooor then they're releasing like nothing until summer
    ( i mean the last kit from this map is probably march so that just leaves april and may between this map and summer)
    hopefully some bigger updates/bug fixes at very least

spring is usually reaaaallly quiet anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'd be surprised to see another GP but if it is I hope it's an Outdoor Retreat Refresh.

Me too
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I predict we'll get 2 Kits and 1 Stuffpack.
    Honestly, I'd prefer 1 Stuffpack and 1 Expansion Pack, but I think that's too optimistic.
    They really seem determined to release as many Kits as possible... :/
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    BL5036 wrote: »

I'd love to see Get to Work refreshed.
    That pack has a lot more potential. They could improve aliens, make it so we can make our own Hospitals, Police Stations and Science Centers, and expand the retail system to make it more complex.
    I think if they refreshed it, it might be one of my favorite packs.
  • Options
    I think they are looking to drop new content every month. They will release kits every month that a pack isn't released.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    April: Kit
    May: Kit
    June: EP
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Still Work at home...

April : Nothing
    May : Kit and ... kit
    June : Kit

July : Kit
    August : Kit
    September : Nothing (Back to Redwood Shores office)

October : Kit + Kit
    November : EP
    December : Kit
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Still Work at home...

OMG, this is the saddest thing I've ever seen. :'(
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Kits, kits and more kits.
  • Options
    If we get that many kits I hope atleast one of them is a pool float kit. I really want an inflatable giant doughnut for my sims to float on...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    FY16 : EP01, GP02, EP02
    FY17 : GP03, EP03, GP04
    FY18 : GP05, EP04, GP06
    FY19 : EP05, EP06, GP07
    FY20 : EP07, GP08, EP08
    FY21 : EP09, GP09, EP10
    FY22 : GP10, EP11, GP11

3 major packs for each fiscal year (April 1st to March 31st ).

FY23 could be EP12 (June), GP12 (Sep.), EP13 (Nov.)

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think there won't be much in the next Road Map. There might be only kits even - unlike we're getting an EP in June already and not later in Summer. I was thinking they might have been working on Pack Refreshes before the pandemic and stopped working on them when the Pandemic hit for the time being - that could be the reason they didn't want to state whether more pack refreshes are to come or not.

Also, I've seen so many people buying kits on only one or two assets they love that I'm convinced EA are making good money out of them and have no incentive to stop releasing kits whatsoever.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Still Work at home...

How many more ethnic cultures will they try to sell back to us by this point?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think we will get an expansion in either June or July; at this point, I'd put it at 50-50 odds which month it is. Which means it could potentially be in either the spring or summer roadmap.

However, I also think that either way we will get an announcement about the expansion during the spring road map.

Why? Well, we had an unusually long lead time between the announcement and the release of Cottage Living last year. I believe the longest ever in TS4. At the time, we speculated that it was announced so early for one or both of the following reasons: (1) lots of people were underwhelmed by DHD and they knew there would be a lot of (well deserved) hype for Cottage Living. (2) The EP was being released much later than the usual June EP release.

In this case, if it's a June release, it will be both announced and released in the spring roadmap. If it's in July, then much like Cottage Living, it will probably be announced earlier, both because of the later release and because of all the MWS drama.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    BL5036 wrote: »

I'd love to see Get to Work refreshed.
    That pack has a lot more potential. They could improve aliens, make it so we can make our own Hospitals, Police Stations and Science Centers, and expand the retail system to make it more complex.
    I think if they refreshed it, it might be one of my favorite packs.
    I’d also like to see them make it like dine out, where we don’t have to own it to set the menu. I would love to be able to go in and set items for sell without having to own them ( including plates of food ), normal vegetables, herbs and fruit too. And, also, besides setting up mannequins to buy off of, they should bring out a simple clothing challenge, where we have to buy clothing pieces to open it up in our sims inventory.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hopefully neighborhood stories gets a little attention as they said that they would be doing more with it this year. Also would love a refresh of get to work because it’s incredibly buggy or island living because it’s basically a beautiful lifeless expansion pack.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think we will get an expansion in either June or July; at this point, I'd put it at 50-50 odds which month it is. Which means it could potentially be in either the spring or summer roadmap.

However, I also think that either way we will get an announcement about the expansion during the spring road map.

Why? Well, we had an unusually long lead time between the announcement and the release of Cottage Living last year. I believe the longest ever in TS4. At the time, we speculated that it was announced so early for one or both of the following reasons: (1) lots of people were underwhelmed by DHD and they knew there would be a lot of (well deserved) hype for Cottage Living. (2) The EP was being released much later than the usual June EP release.

In this case, if it's a June release, it will be both announced and released in the spring roadmap. If it's in July, then much like Cottage Living, it will probably be announced earlier, both because of the later release and because of all the MWS drama.

If the Team doesn't manage to fix the majority of the new bugs and/or the Wedding Pack isn't well revived, an esrly announement ist indeed likely. That's based on the assumption though that the EP has a widely accomplished theme and good quality, which I'm not so sure of. Weddings/Romance actually would have been such a theme If Not executed poorly, so they might not have seen the negativity coming.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Still Work at home...

Hehe - mine is slightly more optimistic 😁

April : Kit
    May : Kit
    June : Kit and update to neighborhood stories or premades

July : EP
    September : Kit

October : GP (occult)
    November : Kit