Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care About Your Townies' Legacy?

With mods like MCCC, NPCs can get married and have children. If you play with legacy families, do you often wonder what "legacies" your NPC families have? Do you wonder who married who, how many kids did they have, what are their careers?

I care way too much about my townies' lives and I wonder if anyone else does too.

I set up MCCC to notify me when marriages, babies, birthdays, and deaths happen in my world. Everytime some ages up, I give them a makeover and set their skills and preferences. I really love watching the townies live their lives alongside with my Sims.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I care a lot. In fact, watching how their families grow, what their offspring look like, who marries who, and who moves where is probably among my favorite things to do in the game.
    I forced myself to turn off notifications in MCCC for all townies except for those which my played Sims are friends with, just so I wouldn't spend quite so much time paying attention to them. But I still pop out to manage worlds and go around all the different neighborhoods just to spy on them all too often.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @Stormkeep I'm glad I'm not the only one! <3
    I used to have notifications turned off, but I'm too much of a control freak. I need to micromanage my town, too. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Not at all. 😄
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    @Stormkeep @NightlyCoffee Absolutely! I play remarkably similar to the way both of you do. I keep all MCCC notifications on, and I'm such a control freak I take notes when they come up to help me remember! Especially with born out of wedlock sims, I take note of the mother and father so that when they age up to toddler I can go into CAS and change the kid's name to the father's name. Makes it so much easier to keep up with who is who. Some of the townie family trees are pretty complicated LOL. But yes, I am very much interested in the townies legacies.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I want to, but I don't right now. I've been struggling to find the right balance of settings to keep their families going without taking over. Maybe once the townie update eventually comes through I'll make a save where I pay micromanage them in the background.
    @simgirl1010 That's okay. <3 I actually expect most people wouldn't bother with townies, especially because it can be really tedious keeping up with them. One of the great things about the game is that it can accomodate so many different playstyles.

@FatTribble23 Yes! Another one for Team Townie Control Freak. <3

@HavenRose Finding the right balance was really important for me. I had to tweak a lot of the settings in MCCC to make sure I wasn't overwhelmed with all of the progression.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Nope, never care much about NPCs. I age them with my active sims, so I assume they go to neverland eventually. Playing 120 households on rotation, so I think that is keeping me busy enough without the NPCs ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Not particularly, but they do play a vital role in my town's history. Sometimes one of them is elevated to main character status if they do something that would change the course of my town...rarely does that happen in this game, though, only 2 times that I can think of off the top of my head.

Mostly I have a cast of main characters who do things, important things, that develop my world. Most others don't matter much other than just living day to day lives. I do enjoy when they eventually get married and have children with my main characters. I don't use MCCC so everything that happens in my game is manual.
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    I've been working on my own save where I'm rebuilding everything and adding my own families.
    Looking forward to actually playing it once I'm done, it's still going to take a long while to finish though. :# But once I'm all set, I'll be noting everything that happens in my save. Already feeling so attached to the few households I made; I can't wait to see where it all goes!
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    No, not even a little bit lol
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

To answer the question, "Yes". It is interesting.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I vote "Yes," too. Once my featured Sim interacts with other Sims in their world, they cease to be "townies" to me. They're supporting characters, and I'm often fascinated by their doings. While I don't play rotationally, I definitely think about the bigger story of the world in which my saves play out.

My main save right now is populated with my own Sims, those my daughter and I have created or Sims we've chosen from the Gallery. That makes them even more interesting than the lineup that comes with the game.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    For the first generation or two after I start a Save with MCCC installed (I always have a couple I play while waiting for patch updates) I'll sometimes scroll through the unplayed families section to see what MCCC has done with the premades. But once I can't easily spot who is descended from whom any more, I stop caring unless they somehow end up connected to my main family tree. :wink:
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Sometimes depends on my mood, when I have a quick legacy on normal or short I may pop in before people go gray to pair off an extra person or maybe adopt something to help my family keep going. Other times I have played sims to a point and then removed them from my heart section or whatever and left them to decide the rest of their lives for themselves those ones I tend to care more about. Aside from that I can get curious with those I don't bother at all. So yeah I just gave a long answer for no reason......heheheheh :p
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes, absolutely. When I play my legacy save with MCCC all townies are mirco managed. One of my fav things to do in that save is pop into a random but familiar house and check out the family tree.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I care about what the townies are up to. I want to know all the latest gossip. I really want the Sim to check email on the computer and get updates on other Sim's personal lives.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    edited February 2022
    I care to some extent. I care about the townies my sims have ongoing friendships with. I occasionally hop in and play them, or try to influence them through Get Together or Neighborhood Stories functions.

In general though, I'm playing a city-oriented save, and I want to have lots of sims in my game who are not related to each other. Having a game full of people from the same few families feels to me like more of a small-town experience.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Premades? Yes, I only play with them. I turn off MC commander because I want to decide who they marry, if they have kids, etc.

I’ve been playing for years on long life. And I’m still on the first generation 😆
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited February 2022
    Personally, no, not usually. I use MCCC sort as a story progression and to make sure the world stays populated (such as when elder and other sims die); but I mostly focus on the households I play and let the townies and premades just live their lives unless one of sims get close to one.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nah, once I let them go into the wild, they're on their own. Actually, even if I play them in rotation but they're not directly involved in a current story building block, they're also pretty much on their own. At least until I get back to them. If ever. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes I do care.
    I'm playing with ALL premade families and marriages between wealth families are always happening.
    For example, Cassandra Goth is having 5 girls and 2 sons with Malcolm Landgraab.
    One girl is going to marry Judith Ward's son.
    One girl is going to marry Victor Feng & Lily Feng's son.
    One boy and Morgan Fyres have engaged.

For occults families, I want to keep their bloodline.
    Therefore, Darrel Charm & Emilia Ernest's daughter will marry Morgyn Ember's son (yes I have enabled his "ability" to father female).
    Caleb Vatore's son will be arranged to marry another female vampire.

I used to set the family as un-played after playing it for a while.

Because of this reason, the total population in my save is now 521...
    @Simmerville Wow! 120 households?! That's really impressive. I'm just playing 1 household. :D

@chonkie I made my own save file and added my own townies to the world. It's probably why I tend to be a bit more invested in them. I would sometimes spend hours in CAS making families and creating their backstories. I think making a starter save and adding all of my own characters was definitely worth the time spent. Good luck on yours!

@HopeyStarr I love checking family trees! Seeing who's related to who is always interesting.

@Elliandre I wish we had town gossip!

@imhappy I understand wanting to manually decide who gets with who and so on. There have been times in my game where I see two people interacting and I'll play matchmaker and marry them off manually. Sometimes, even if MCCC married off a couple, I'll intervene and divorce couples. There is a setting in MCCC that allows breakups to happen, but even at the lowest settings, I feel like too many couples were breaking up.

I play on custom settings (I try to make it ultra long) so each generation takes months IRL. Don't worry how long it takes, just enjoy the ride. <3

@Arca I really love the idea of keeping the bloodlines for occults. I don't necessarily mind occults marrying the human Sims when they are in my game, especially spellcasters since they have the bloodline trait. It gives me some ideas of a Sim wanting to learn more about their ancestors. Like a Sim who is drawn to Sulani and the ocean, only to later learn their ancestors were mermaids.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Only when looking for a homeless townie to move in somewhere.
    The premade sims who still lives in a residental home are playable sims in my game.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Can I ask how you set MCCC to alert you of those events? So I can also get notifications?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

My understanding of the question is: "Do you care?"
    Not: "Do you micro-managed them?"
    :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png