Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To release my weddings stories in Russia

Comments

• Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    My answer to the question is both I think. I think that Russian players should absolutely get the chance to play this pack! However, we don't know a lot of details right now, so I think that the pack shouldn't be released to them until we know more. There could be something happening that we don't know about that could cause harm if the pack is released right now or something. And if changes have to be made to release the pack to them, we should give them time to make these changes so that Russian players can have a pack. I think we should listen to both sides of this so we know exactly what is going on.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes
    Unfortunately, I think this situation is more complex than we think and probably really has more to do with the sanctions that were just placed on Russia recently. In that case, it is really out of our hands and even EAs; though EA could of been more transparent and honest about it. It has nothing to do with laws in Russia as they weren't the ones to banned it and since it is rated 18+ there, EA isn't violating any laws in that regard and have nothing to worry about in that case. So what I said above seems the most logical as nothing else makes sense.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I think @GalacticGal is entitled to her opinion. Rather one might see it as wrong or right doesn't matter because it's still HER OPINION. This a poll and it didn't have a disclaimer stating that you would be ganged up on if you chose the wrong answer. The majority agrees that it should be released to Russia including me. But not everyone has to agree. No one should get attacked for their opinions.

People reacted to her comment. Not the fact that she voted no. She used the term in an insulting manner applied to everyone who had voted yes. So actually she attacked first.

Well maybe she will explain the reasoning behind her choice. If she wants to that is.
    Either way I really really really hope this whole thing gets resolved in a manner that everyone is happy with. Especially the Russians so they can enjoy this pack too. And everyone can go back to video game excitement instead of politics and controversy 🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    Well maybe she will explain the reasoning behind her choice. If she wants to that is.Either way I really really really hope this whole thing gets resolved in a manner that everyone is happy with. Especially the Russians so they can enjoy this pack too. And everyone can go back to video game excitement instead of politics and controversy 🙏

It doesn't feel like we have a new pack releasing in a few days. Nary a peep out of the Gurus today. I totally understand that. Wouldn't want them subjected to harassment. Hope there's something coming to appease all involved.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes
    @GalacticGal - I’m sorry I challenged your answer. From my perspective, you chose the ‘woke’ answer and it didn’t seem like that was your intention. That was the only reason I commented about it.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Well maybe she will explain the reasoning behind her choice. If she wants to that is.Either way I really really really hope this whole thing gets resolved in a manner that everyone is happy with. Especially the Russians so they can enjoy this pack too. And everyone can go back to video game excitement instead of politics and controversy 🙏

It doesn't feel like we have a new pack releasing in a few days. Nary a peep out of the Gurus today. I totally understand that. Wouldn't want them subjected to harassment. Hope there's something coming to appease all involved.

I felt so bad for the gurus during the livestream. I know they love interacting with fans. It's a shame they keep getting harassed over something that was likely not their decision.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I wasn't ganging up on anyone, I was only curious of why someone would vote no, it is curious of why a simmer would vote no for another simmer to play a pack they can, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so im i, I was also curious of their wording "woke", yes I've started a poll but it doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion at all
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    No
    I voted no. Not very popular, I know.

My thought is that when EA was going through the approval process, the Russian demands for compliance were too onerous. This is EA basically telling the Russian censors "all or nothing" and they've chosen nothing. I suspect that the requirements to make the pack fit must have been pretty bad for EA to forego the sales they would have had from Russia. It would be equivalent to painting a great picture, but in order to sell it in Russia you have to paint a big blue rectangle in the centre of it. Nope. Not gonna.

I might be completely wrong about this, but that's my gut instinct.
    The Russian Sims players get shafted though, and that's regrettable.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I think it's very unclear of what's happened, a simmer from russia has told me that it isn't the cover, gameplay or trailer, in Russia the sims is 18+, alot of simmers are thinking EA is refusing to rate this pack 18+ @StuffyMarx

Edit: I think EA needs to give the simmers from russia a proper explanation of why they can't complete their collection as it stands just now, they deserve that
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    No
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think it's very unclear of what's happened, a simmer from russia has told me that it isn't the cover, gameplay or trailer, in Russia the sims is 18+, alot of simmers are thinking EA is refusing to rate this pack 18+ @StuffyMarx

I guess time will tell. It sounds like I'm hedging my bets, but I want EA to stick to it's guns (re: censorship) AND see it released over there.
    Russia probably has other things on it's mind at the moment though.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    Perhaps something to be excited about is what they are needing especially now even something as simple as a game
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I would like to know more about what happened... however it's also possible that we will never know more about what happened because it could make the situation worse.

If it was because of a small change (for example just put an 18+ label on the cover), then a lot of people could be angry at EA, if it was because of a large change (decisions would had to be made that would remove a lot from the pack), then a lot of people could be angry at Russia.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Yes
    I'm sorry not everyone on this planet is 'woke'.

This seems unnecessary and it’s definitely unkind. It’s not about being “woke” it’s simply about accepting people as they are. All anyone wants no matter their race, gender, religion or orientation it to feel seen, heard, and accepted. There’s room for all of us to belong and have our voices heard.

Agreed. Guess this is too hard for some people. Is sad.
    He/Him
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Yes
    I read a Twitter thread .So here is the gif.Apparently they send out your invitited to everyone including Russia.Than they release the trailer than the remove the pack from Russia.Than they gave twosligtly different response.Us laws and Russian

• Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes

If you go to the Activity page, you will find GalacticGal's attempts to elaborate on her opinion. She basically said she feared releasing MWS in Russia could "backfire." It could result in the ban of TS4 altogether for Russian players.

Edit: clarity
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Yes
    lunaoddity wrote: »

If you go to the Activity page, you will find GalacticGal's attempts to elaborate on her opinion. She basically said she feared releasing MWS in Russia would result in the ban of TS4 altogether for Russian players.

Why would be it?
    Is +18
  • Options
    Yes
    leo3487 wrote: »

If you go to the Activity page, you will find GalacticGal's attempts to elaborate on her opinion. She basically said she feared releasing MWS in Russia would result in the ban of TS4 altogether for Russian players.

Why would be it?
    Is +18

She probably did not know that .
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes

Why would be it?
    Is +18

She probably did not know that .

Exactly. Now back to the topic at hand.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes

Are you serious? All the developers would have to do is rate it 18+ in order to release it in Russia, I'm sorry but voting no for simmers to play a pack ? really

You start a poll and then criticize the participants for giving the "wrong" answer ? Not really democratic. 😉

You had to put 2 options, good job I'm not politician 😆 and I'm kind of curious why someone would vote no

I'm guessing you've never seen any of Colton's polls, lol.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995570/would-you-like-open-neighborhoods/p1

With that said, I don't know enough about the Russia situation to make an informed judgment, I just know how I'd feel if I was in that position, so I had to vote yes.
  • Options
    Yes

Why would be it?
    Is +18

I just realized I forgot to add something to my comment. She said the decision could "backfire" and result in the ban of the game. So there's that.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because it isn't right to single out one country when several other countries have the same laws and rating requirements to sell games in their country.
  • Options
    Yes
    Plumbella would not be doing wedding stories videos.
  • Options
    wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    Meanwhile, I’m staying neutral because I don’t want to get harassed or deal with hostile simmers on this issue.

For me: As long as the cover is not censored, then EA should try to figure out whatever other way they can do it in order to make the pack available to Russian players.

I assume there has to be a more deeper and more complex legal issue that is involved than just putting an 18+ Label, and the gurus are bound by US law (and the US corporation) not to say. I wonder if this is because this is the most explicit LGBT+ cover in Sims 4 ever…?

So, yeah, I’m just waiting to see if there is more to this issue.

Yeah, this has become one of those things where if you say anything on either side about it on twitter, you'll get attacked by a bunch of people. I feel like everyone read the statement and then kind of jumped to conclusions and now everyone's at each others throats. I saw one tweet saying how Ukraine is lumped together with Russia on Origin and somehow that became the narrative that a bunch of other countries near russia also wouldn't be able to get the pack.

Because I really don't think that EA would make this decision lightly, I imagine a lot must have gone into it. It's kind of EA's fault for making their statement so vague and letting things get this bad but, idk, maybe there's another reason they can't say anything about it. I just don't think EA would have done this out of some bizarre dislike of Russia or misunderstanding of their laws.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited February 2022
    No
    I didn't mean to vote at all, as I am indecisive, but my fat thumbs got in the way. 😅 It is unfortunate that the pack won't be released in Russia. There are many aspects in it that I would love to have in my game, and I feel bad for the Russians that would also like those features. However, EA made their decision. Time will tell I suppose how things will go.
  • Options
    Yes
    I would see the point of it not being released in Russia if for example the sims 4 was rated 12+ in Russia and the developers didn't have same gender couples etc in the game until now with this pack, because they would need to change the rating on one pack if that was the case, but it's not, the sims 4 has always been inclusive with different sexualities, there's alot of countries that don't believe in same gender marriages yet only Russia has been hit with this, I'll say one more time its not fair