Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To release my weddings stories in Russia

The poll says it all simmers, let's help our fellow simmers out, why shouldn't they not enjoy this pack like the rest of us

To release my weddings stories in Russia 169 votes

Yes
93%
Akl500PcrocobauraCK213BreeSashaverlainemKita5399Sara1010PIcewolfSamadamsPlayerIceyJXPRINCESSpopxCabelle1863Omri147AlexaiColorist40suetoopStormkeepEvilWitch83mcruddIsb917 158 votes
No
6%
GalacticGalalan650111SimburianBoergeAarg61LizzychicagoWaytoomanyUIDstwinklestick TTNsimmerStuffyMarxHandelLynnPlayz1 11 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Yes
    I do hope something happens so the game can be released for the Russian simming community.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping if there's more yes, the developers will see it and maybe release it for them
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yes
    In my opinion EA should release the pack in Russia and the other countries they banned it from. Or if they really cared about taking a stand, they could release the pack for free in the russian language locale on Origin - problem solved!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes
    I can't see anyone voting anything other than Yes. There's no good reason that we, as players, are aware of to say no. Well, other than players who are related to Agatha Crumblebottom, that is.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I had to put 2 options unfortunately and that's the idea lol well who is going to vote no,maybe I should of wrote Heck aye
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Yes
    They need to put this right, can you imagine seeing everyone else so excited and knowing you've been refused access? Just horrible.
    Yes
    I know it's not fair
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    It’s short-sighted to deny part of the Sims community the ability to play out/tell their stories just because the Sims team is unwilling to budge on a marketing story.
  • EnchantingdustEnchantingdust Posts: 156 Member
    Yes
    May the russian simmers get it soon.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Yes
    I think Russia should get the pack.
    In another thread, I feel that EA/Sims team can keep their cover, but just use a blacked out cover over the actual cover to fit in within the Russian laws.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yes
    Sure, why not? I don't see why they should be excluded
    Yes
    That's it simmers yes, think of this poll as a petition, imagine if this was your country wouldn't you want your fellow simmer to vote yes for you
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I don't think anybody should be left out of being able to buy and enjoy the pack. When I think how I would feel if it was my country that was being excluded it makes me feel sad for the Russian players.

#weddingsforrussia
    Yes
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    I think Russia should get the pack.
    In another thread, I feel that EA/Sims team can keep their cover, but just use a blacked out cover over the actual cover to fit in within the Russian laws.

Recently I've learned it's not the cover, all the developers would have to do is rate it 18+ the sims 4 is 18+ anyways in Russia @Umbreon12
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I’d say folks would be too afraid to vote NO. 😅
    For me it’s a yes of course. This game pack should be accessible to all countries, but until we find out about the deeper meaning of this entire ordeal, there’s not much we can do except for urging Team Maxis to cast some light on the matter.

Meanwhile we should add a couple of different vote options, including your own:

1. HECK AYE!
    2. Shrug.
    3. I WANT BUGFIXES AND LIBERATED BABIES!!
    4. What’s that?
    5. OMG I’d love a Russia inspired pack!
    6. Meh. The Russians should just pirate the pack. They’re clever enough.
    7. NO WAY! Russians don’t even get married,like. I read that in some tabloid, like.
    8. All of the above.
    9. None of the above.
    10. Some of the above.
    11. Other. Please elaborate.
    Yes
    You should of started this poll your options are more better 🤣 i wish i wrote heck aye @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Ben_VorobievBen_Vorobiev Posts: 63 Member
    Yes
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said:
    >
    > 7. NO WAY! Russians don’t even get married,like. I read that in some tabloid, like.

:D
    With love from Moscow. :smile:
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    To my fellow Russian simmers I have your back, love from Scotland 😊 hopefully this poll makes a difference for you guys and it gets released
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    Everyone of you including myself, is privileged enough to play this game. Despite the flaws, despite us bashing it to the ground. We should all be happy we can play it to escape from the real world & live a life some of us can only dream of. Now, imagine being in their shoes. A country that might even go to war even. This game is their outlet. I would HATE to live in a country where I was oppressed & hated on just for being me. It sucks that a big company like EA is making this all political & diving us even more. I want everyone to enjoy this buggy wedding pack together. I want us all to be able to complain/love it together. Each and everyone of us deserves that.
    Yes
    > @Nikkih said:
    > To my fellow Russian simmers I have your back, love from Scotland 😊 hopefully this poll makes a difference for you guys and it gets released

I have a scarf that I bought in Edinburgh, it warms better than Russian fur coats. Love <3
    Yes
    I've seen Russian fur coats and what you said that's saying something 😊 us Scots can make a good scarf lol @Ben_Vorobiev
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Yes
    From my understanding, it's not that they can't release it in Russia, but that they think marketing would be too hard there.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    According to a Russian Twitter thread this is what EA would have to do to legally sell the game in Russia:
    • Censor the game case with a wrapper/sleeve (any they already distributed in Russian would have to be returned to a factory somewhere or sent that to a Russian speaking country without the same law, they would need to design the new wrapper, add to the production line to add the wrapper and redistribute/continue distributing the game).
    • Change the trailer thumbnail to not include the couple. The video of the trailer itself is OK because of the age rating at the start.
    • Redesign and launch an entire separate print ad scheme (the cover art cannot be used anywhere children could see it such as billboards and posters).

In their letter to the players, they have basically said they aren't going to censor LGBT+ couples, so none of these 3 things will happen unless they change their mind on that point.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Second option should be I hate other simmers instead of no
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Yes
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > According to a Russian Twitter thread this is what EA would have to do to legally sell the game in Russia:
    > * Censor the game case with a wrapper/sleeve (any they already distributed in Russian would have to be returned to a factory somewhere or sent that to a Russian speaking country without the same law, they would need to design the new wrapper, add to the production line to add the wrapper and redistribute/continue distributing the game).
    > * Change the trailer thumbnail to not include the couple. The video of the trailer itself is OK because of the age rating at the start.
    > * Redesign and launch an entire separate print ad scheme (the cover art cannot be used anywhere children could see it such as billboards and posters).

This is incorrect information.

I will explain these points again, although in another topic about letters my Russian fella and I already explained all the nuances, including excerpts from our law.

1. The only "censorship of the cover" that should be (please if someone can add the image code so that it can be seen, I will be grateful).

See this. That's all it takes:

https://i.imgur.com/5awEfmg.png

In general, you don’t need to send something somewhere, because almost no one buys discs of The Sims in Russia, everyone buys the game through Steam or Origin, and censorship was never required there.

2. The trailer does not need to be changed, we do not have a ban on the homocouples in trailers (see our Cats and Dogs trailers and others: they are the same as in America).

3. This is not necessary, see point 1.