Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New functional tea set coming to the sims 4 via weddings pack

Omg I was soo excited for this, really wanted this item after having the tea set table from the sims 3 store, I think the weddings and cottage living items compliment each other, yes I did wrote a discussion for a tea set but I'm soo happy, my vampires will be drinking a pot of tea lol

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I too was happy to see a working tea set. Hope they make working versions of the decorative tea sets that came with the Moroccan kit and Cottage Living and Snowy Escape packs.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I too am looking forward to.

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having to have my sims repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for serving with the Tea Set that we saw in the LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

crocobaura wrote: »
    I too was happy to see a working tea set. Hope they make working versions of the decorative tea sets that came with the Moroccan kit and Cottage Living and Snowy Escape packs.

Gawds, I hope so too! Was one of the first things that went through my mind when I heard we were getting the tea sets.
    I'm sure modders will do conversions that make them functional if Maxis doesn't, but it would be better if they did it themselves.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I am looking forward to actually brewing tea in the game, instead of the tea machine we have now. Weddings sound fun for once or twice but a functional tea pot sounds like something I might end up using a lot. My spellcasters will definitely enjoy a nice cup of real tea.

Let's hope we can get the same kinds of tea as we can get with the tea machine because I like the green tea with it's +2 happy moodlet.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having the repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for the Tea Set that we saw in LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

The drinking tea animation seemed fine. Do you mean how they pick it up and put it down 6 feet away from the table? Is it that much to animate them getting close and picking it up? Lol
    I know sims 4 are known for incomplete animations so I'm pretty forgiving but I thought that was ridiculous! 6 feet away!!! Lol 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited February 2022
    @BabyKittyjade, The serving animations is what I was talking about; One quick pore and all of the cups were filled. And it was a pretty basic, and quick animation. Just a little disappointing. I think it may have been just a re-use of the existing drink tray serving animation (which also disappoints me).

But I agree with you that the game does a lot of that. What's weird is it also has some other things which have the best animations I could imagine. I don't understand how they decide what gets good attention and what gets quicky jobs. :lol:
    I don't mind the animation too much, but I hope they can sit at the table and drink it while seated there, and not take it to drink somewhere else. I saw in the livestream that there's an option for orange blossom and dragon tea, think those are new because I don't remember seeing them in the game before.
    @BabyKittyjade, The serving animations is what I was talking about; One quick pore and all of the cups were filled. And it was a pretty basic, and quick animation. Just a little disappointing. I think it may have been just a re-use of the existing drink tray serving animation (which also disappoints me).

But I agree with you that the game does a lot of that. What's weird is it also has some other things which have the best animations I could imagine. I don't understand how they decide what gets good attention and what gets quicky jobs. :lol:

Oh yeah the serving part..... would have loved to see them properly fill the cups....😒
    edited February 2022
    I don't mind the animation too much, but I hope they can sit at the table and drink it while seated there, and not take it to drink somewhere else. I saw in the livestream that there's an option for orange blossom and dragon tea, think those are new because I don't remember seeing them in the game before.

Yah, there are definitely some new teas in the list. My Sims all drink a LOT of tea, so I'm pretty familiar with all of the teas that the game has right now. The menu went by too fast for me to see if all the existing teas were available on the tray or not, all I saw was ones I know for sure are new. (And I was too lazy to pause and go back to read them all).

The tea should work the same as all the drinks we have right now in the game, where you can direct a sim to sit if they don't do it automatically. I always have my sims drink and eat at the same time, by having them pick up a meal (rather than grab, pick up puts it in inventory), grab a drink, and then sit down. I then pull the plate out of their inventory and set it on the table in front of them to be eaten, if they don't do it automatically; they do it automatically only if they are really, really hungry.

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having to have my sims repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for serving with the Tea Set that we saw in the LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

Gawds, I hope so too! Was one of the first things that went through my mind when I heard we were getting the tea sets.
    I'm sure modders will do conversions that make them functional if Maxis doesn't, but it would be better if they did it themselves.

I hope Maxis does it, and while they are updating stuff, they should totally update the decorative champagne bucket and stack of bottles with the toasting functionality too. :smiley:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I do hope what comes along with it, is a chance for our Sims to invite their guests to have tea. Currently, just brewing up a pot doesn't necessitate that any other Sim, outside of the household, will partake. Oversight, I'm certain.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2022
    I really hope they remember to make the tea sets functional off-grid. There's still a ton of stuff in the game that should be functional off-grid and isn't. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure candles and lanterns and teapots don't require electricity. :|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I really hope they remember to make the tea sets functional off-grid. There's still a ton of stuff in the game that should be functional off-grid and isn't. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure candles and lanterns and teapots don't require electricity. :|

Depends on how you boil the water, I suppose. ;) I too hope this item will be available off the grid.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The drinks tray works off the grid probably has the same functionality @Atreya33
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to actually brewing tea in the game, instead of the tea machine we have now. Weddings sound fun for once or twice but a functional tea pot sounds like something I might end up using a lot. My spellcasters will definitely enjoy a nice cup of real tea.

Let's hope we can get the same kinds of tea as we can get with the tea machine because I like the green tea with it's +2 happy moodlet.

Varieties of teas connected to the tea set (put in spoiler in case you prefer to find out later):
    Calming Chamomile
    Cozy Apple Juice
    Earl Grey
    Healthy Green Tea
    Orange Blossom
    Pitch Black
    Run Oolong
    Black Dragon

edited February 2022
    Thank you so very much @Greyling. I was too lazy to find it in the livestream again and pause so I could read them all.

I spot 2 new types of tea in that list that the current tea maker can't make (plus the one Juice that the current tea maker can't make). But it's also missing several varieties that the current tea-maker can make.

At least one of those "missing" varieties takes a skill to be unlocked, and another requires you have honey in the refrigerator or sim inventory, so maybe the new serving set can actually make those but we didn't see them due to the sim not having the requisite .

For anyone who doesn't want to look at the spoilers to see which teas are missing, the missing ones are Bee Tea, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox and Steamy Ginseng.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think the weddings and cottage living items compliment each other, yes I did wrote a discussion for a tea set but I'm soo happy

Agnes will enjoy actually sipping tea ;)
    I just wish Cottage Living tea set was also functional its so cute
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    I might have to make Mulan and the matchmaker and try re-create the tea scene!
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thank you so very much @Greyling. I was too lazy to find it in the livestream again and pause so I could read them all.

I spot 2 new types of tea in that list that the current tea maker can't make (plus the one Juice that the current tea maker can't make). But it's also missing several varieties that the current tea-maker can make.

At least one of those "missing" varieties takes a skill to be unlocked, and another requires you have honey in the refrigerator or sim inventory, so maybe the new serving set can actually make those but we didn't see them due to the sim not having the requisite .

For anyone who doesn't want to look at the spoilers to see which teas are missing, the missing ones are Bee Tea, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox and Steamy Ginseng.

You’re welcome 😊

I’m pretty sure I’ve actually seen the cozy apple juice as being available on my sim’s tea maker on occasion although it doesn’t show up all the time. I haven’t played that save in a while, though, so I can’t remember what triggers it.

And I think you’re probably right about missing ingredients and skills in terms of some of the missing types of tea.
    edited February 2022
    Greyling wrote: »

I’m pretty sure I’ve actually seen the cozy apple juice as being available on my sim’s tea maker on occasion although it doesn’t show up all the time. I haven’t played that save in a while, though, so I can’t remember what triggers it.

And I think you’re probably right about missing ingredients and skills in terms of some of the missing types of tea.

You're right! The cozy apple juice shows up during some holiday, now that you've mentioned it.
    I totally forgot, because that holiday only comes around once every 16 sim weeks in my game. I don't even remember what holiday it shows up during, but I do recall having seen it now.
    I think it's Winterfest.

That basically means all 3 of the 4 "missing" teas/drinks are tied to some other trigger, which explains why they are missing. The Gingseng may be the same, I honestly don't know for sure. I just know all my Sim households can make it on the electric one

I'm very excited that they are adding 2 new teas, personally. I freaking <3 tea. You really did make my night by sharing the details on the available types.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having the repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for the Tea Set that we saw in LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

The drinking tea animation seemed fine. Do you mean how they pick it up and put it down 6 feet away from the table? Is it that much to animate them getting close and picking it up? Lol
    I know sims 4 are known for incomplete animations so I'm pretty forgiving but I thought that was ridiculous! 6 feet away!!! Lol 😆

@Babykittyjade Ahahahaha :joy: omg I can't stop laughing at your comment :joy: ... What do you mean? Is that not how you pour tea in your home? The trick is to toss the pot and teacups gently towards the tray, so they don't break. This what I do:

EJxwBOq.png
    Jgol6nN.png
    zIFL65K.png
    r1SFt2a.png
    edqDgm5.png
    AlvPeSs.png

Wasn't there an option also for peppermint tea?
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    My heart sank when I saw the serving animation in the livestream. Yes it's not unusual for this game to have animations like that and I can understand it, but it still wasn't what I had dreamt of. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to having the tea sets in my game :smile:
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    To be fair, I think it was just because the Sim walked over and happened to be standing on the long side of the coffee table. I'm sure if he is on the couch or directly in front, or if the set is on a dining table or kitchen counter, he will be much closer to it haha. Maybe it will be better on the small, round table. I'm really excited for the tea set as well. I love how we are getting two different types and they both look so pretty.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    To be fair, I think it was just because the Sim walked over and happened to be standing on the long side of the coffee table. I'm sure if he is on the couch or directly in front, or if the set is on a dining table or kitchen counter, he will be much closer to it haha. Maybe it will be better on the small, round table. I'm really excited for the tea set as well. I love how we are getting two different types and they both look so pretty.

yeah i mean at least he wouldn't need to yeet the cup so far that it would be bothersome to look at if they can sit at table and use tea thingy on that table :lol: hoping it works with the low tables from SE so my sims tea rooms could actually be used to sip tea
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Elliandre wrote: »

@Babykittyjade Ahahahaha :joy: omg I can't stop laughing at your comment :joy: ... What do you mean? Is that not how you pour tea in your home? The trick is to toss the pot and teacups gently towards the tray, so they don't break. This what I do:

EJxwBOq.png
    Jgol6nN.png
    zIFL65K.png
    r1SFt2a.png
    edqDgm5.png
    AlvPeSs.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂lmao