March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't use drone.

AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
edited February 2022 in Mods Bugs & Issues
It's such a weird problem I can't figure out. So I have one sim who lives in Britechester with his toddler. I want him to be able to use a drone to stream, but when I click on the drone, it doesn't give me any options other than to open and put in inventory. I didn't know why it wasn't working, because another sim I'd been playing for a while in the same file can use a drone just fine on their home lot. So I tried to go back to that house and use the drone, and it worked for that sim. I then placed drones in different households in different worlds and lots to check, and every sim was able to use the drone just fine, even in the same neighborhood (Britechester).

The weirdest thing is, this sim can use a drone if he's at someone else's house, but he can't use his own (and I've tried purchasing new ones, I've tried restarting the game, nothing worked.

I thought, well maybe it's the lot I'm on specifically. So I had my sim move to another lot in another town; same issue. Replacing the lot and house failed. He can use a drone everywhere else but his own house, no matter where he lives. I even thought maybe his toddler was the issue, but even after moving them out on their own, it still did not work.

The only thing that has worked so far is if I copied his household and played him on a brand new save file. But I really don't want to do that. I have no idea why he can't use a drone on this save file, when literally every other sim can, and even he can use a drone if it's not on his own lot.
PromSig.png
Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.

Comments