Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A moment when my sims felt alive.

Two of my sims are Hogwarts students.
They were in the potions class working on potions. I was also having them work on their friendship by chatting. For some reason, they just gave me the feeling of being more alive, so to speak.

[Adding images in a second post, as it won't allow me to add hosted images here]
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    12-30-21_3-56-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Marielle had become cursed from a potions accident, so I decided to have her get rid of it with a curse banishing potion. She went about it like they were continuing their conversation.
    12-30-21_3-57-37_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-30-21_3-57-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It all just felt so natural.
    12-30-21_3-57-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I noticed Marielle was getting a little hungry, so I had her munch on an apple to get her through potions lab.
    12-30-21_3-59-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So she sat down with her apple, not breaking eye contact with Monique.
    12-30-21_3-59-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-30-21_3-59-20_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Smushing the apple into her face (an unfortunate side effect of the shorter teens mod)
    12-30-21_3-59-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-30-21_3-59-46_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-30-21_3-59-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then it was back to potions.
    12-30-21_4-00-42_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was weird, as I kind of see my sims as acting out a conversation instead of actually having one. but this felt like they actually talked about something going on in their world.12-30-21_4-01-02_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Anyway, just one of those stand-out moments. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Very cool moment. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Ah I like that, it's always the little things and moments you can't explain that are just there Ifeel that way when I'm doing something random or hanging onto saves where I don't even know what I'm doing. Then you get stuff like this with the rest of the sims, nice.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I love it when these "computer-generated" Sims actually start seeming like real people! <3
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    This sequence in my game stands out for me. The game went to great lengths to create a best friends relationship between Morgyn Ember and Guidry. I had Guidry at the festival and the game brought Morgyn over.

Guidry played a little ghost scare on Vlad.

ezPVc0l.png

It didn’t go well, and Vlad began chewing him out. You can’t see it, but the relationship bar was going into the red very quickly due to an unpleasant conversation. Note Morgyn, controlled at this point by the game, watching intently.

sZOxw3G.png

As the conversation heated up, Morgyn got up and moved in.

QWCZrzh.png

It was such a “I’ve got your back, bro” moment that was completely realistic and took me by surprise.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

@cyncie Like this sim, 'Admiral 8Q' being silly autonomously... :D
    mJ47wei.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    That's nice! Mine is when I invited the Pancakes over for dinner. They were sitting and talking together, and suddenly the Pancakes went out and had an argument or something. The Pancakes didn't want my sims to see them fighting I guess, so they went out. Then they both came back all smiles, pretending as if nothing happened. It was a very interesting moment for me lol
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The game I've been playing for the past month or so has had an unusually large number of breaking the 4th wall moments, with the sim having expressions very much like a human would in the same situation, not just the usual sim ones. It feels more like we are having adventures together, not just me playing a game.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    When Alexander invited Axel to "hang out with friends" but then when Axel arrived, the all 6 were fiddling around with their stupid phones. Axel autonomously laughed, then proceeded to insult the nearest person. Lmao. I mean, I'm happy my IRL friends aren't like that because when we see face-to-face we all want to freaking pay attention to each other but the overall situation in the game was so much like what I've seen among some other people. Plus I just found it hilariously appropriate how Axel decided to give them a piece of his mind without my input.