Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A concern and a question about the Wedding Pack and Myshuno Meadows!

I like weddings in my game, I always have fun building venues, planning and enjoying the gameplay. I want the new pack, I will use it and I wanted another beach world.

But I have a question for the devs, I hope they can answer it next Friday (or maybe any simmer can ask about this at the stream?).

This is my Myshuno Meadows, Central Park. I built it years ago, I have played it a lot (not only for weddings).
GyApfkZ.png

My question is: It will be compatible with the new wedding pack?? It is a Special Lot so I'm curious about its functionality :o

Comments

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2022
    I hope so. Almost all my weddings are there too.

Love your lot!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have never been able to have a successful wedding there. The guests don't show up. I don't know why.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    What a beautiful build. I love it! Is it in gallery available for download?
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    I wish I had an answer for you. I have the new pack, but haven't yet played with anything it comes with. My new save had to go back to its beginning, and the second time through my Sim wasn't meeting his 'intended' the way he randomly bumped into her in the save I had to regress. Just before I made my purchase, he ran into her. In the nick of time. They are, however, still Teens in high school. So, they are promised and that's all.

I love what you did to that park!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I was unable to select Myshuno Meadows for a wedding event with the new pack (I always used that lot for weddings before so I checked it right after release). You'll have to place the lot somewhere else and change it to another venue type unlike it's an oversight that will be patched - or you're willing to use a mod.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Myshuno Meadows was not available for me and where I used to have my weddings prior. It was better at the park with base game in my opinion and have considered removing MWS all together
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @Evilyn_1007 @Diassa I've played this lot for years not only for weddings. This type of lot is unique in the game, is so versatile! Good a family gathering (toddler friendly), any clubs, teens getaway, and perfect dates as nobody gonna interrupt your sims :# It is full of activities, I play there whatever I want. Also I built it when I have a no gamer PC so it was design to avoid lag: is simple but immersive. I want to update it with the stuff from Snowy Escape, but at the same time I want to keep it the same way it is because I have enjoyed it a lot <3

Here is the Gallery Link

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @emere oh wow very pretty! I love the ponds and outdoor spa

Thanks @GalacticGal now we have an answer: it does not work with the new pack!

Thanks @83bienchen @wahini2024 for the info. I'm not surprised, now I know that the base game weddings are completly banned with the new GP :|

I do not use mods neither CC, and I will keep my game vainilla ;) I understand why simmers love mods, but mods should not be intended for fixes. Mods originally serve to give variety to a game.

EA should fix this pack. Better EA should sell us packs with the same quality as years ago.

I have not bought nor will I buy this unfinished pack.

I will keep enjoying my base game weddings and all the wedding venues that I have built over the years with all the beautiful packs that I have purchased.

Thanks @elliandre they are fake ponds (pools)... now we can built real ponds, it is an old lot but I still love fake ponds because sims can swim there.

There is a hot tub at the yoga nook, also I have already played this lot with a yoga club after Spa Day refresh :#
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    Oof good thought @emere and thank you to those who shared the info
    This will be another bug that makes me wait to get the new pack till fixed. I also built a favorite wedding venue on Myshuno Meadows.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Oof good thought @emere and thank you to those who shared the info
    This will be another bug that makes me wait to get the new pack till fixed. I also built a favorite wedding venue on Myshuno Meadows.

It's not actually a bug. They explicitly only allow 4 lot types for the new wedding ceremony; beach, park, wedding venue and residential. That's it. I mean, it's definitely nonsense, but they did it on purpose.

Hopefully with the number of times it has been brought up here in various threads, they recognize the error of their ways and add more lot types. At the very least Myshudo Meadows and Chalet Gardens should allow weddings.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

OMG @Stormkeep so the new devs from this wedding pack forgot about Myshudo Meadows? Those the new devs even know that Myshudo Meadows was specially designed for WEDDINGS for City Living EP?

So simmers that have both packs will never be able to enjoy Myshudo Meadows as it was intended?

I am in shock! :o

Yes @mightysprite all special lots are unique <3 Myshudo Meadows forever! :D
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I hope so. Almost all my weddings are there too.

Love your lot!
    An important thing about the wedding pack. According to Lilsimmer on YouTube, the new pack overwrites the old wedding system completely and can't be undone. Also, there are many issues with the pack as of right now.

That's again all according to Lilsimmer. For those who don't know her, she gets pre-releases so that she can give reviews before the game releases.

Do a search for her on YouTube to get all of the details.
    edited March 2022
    emere wrote: »
    OMG @Stormkeep so the new devs from this wedding pack forgot about Myshudo Meadows? Those the new devs even know that Myshudo Meadows was specially designed for WEDDINGS for City Living EP?

So simmers that have both packs will never be able to enjoy Myshudo Meadows as it was intended?

I am in shock! :o

Yep, I feel like the people who worked on this pack never play the game and aren't particularly familiar with it, because a LOT of the things that "aren't working" aren't actual glitches....they are just how the developers coded it in the first place. Anyone who has even done a little bit of modding for the game who looks at what they did would have been able to predict a lot of the "issues" people are having simply by looking at the code and tuning files.

In the case of the lot types allowed for wedding ceremonies, it's a tuning file where you put in a list of the allowed lot types. They only put in 4, that's it.

I modded it for my own game to allow more venues, including Myshuno Meadows. Bienchen has also released a mod for public consumption which does the same thing.
    An important thing about the wedding pack. According to Lilsimmer on YouTube, the new pack overwrites the old wedding system completely and can't be undone.

"Can't be undone" is a gross overstatement. It can be easily undone. There's already 2 mods which allow people who have the pack to hold either the old BG wedding event or the new Wedding Ceremony. It's actually a quick and easy job to 'undo' it.
    The new system doesn't overwrite the old one at all. It uses completely separate tunings. They (EA/Maxis) just decided to "disable" the old one if you have the pack installed.

Yes, I have the same feeling: devs do not play the game anymore. unbelievable! they should know their product better than customers.

I saw the stream and I was shoked when I saw TWO wedding arches at the same lot! Who built that? Since day one you can not place two arches at the same lot, sims do not see them as Arch #1 or Arch #2... same happens with bar counters or computers :/

You learn all this by playing the game, try and failure.

I hope EA-Maxis can stop this chaos :/
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    An important thing about the wedding pack. According to Lilsimmer on YouTube, the new pack overwrites the old wedding system completely and can't be undone.

"Can't be undone" is a gross overstatement. It can be easily undone. 1) There's already 2 mods which allow people who have the pack to hold either the old BG wedding event or the new Wedding Ceremony. It's actually a quick and easy job to 'undo' it.
    The new system doesn't overwrite the old one at all. It uses completely separate tunings. 2) They (EA/Maxis) just decided to "disable" the old one if you have the pack installed.

1) And for those of us who can't use mods?

2) Doesn't that mean that they overwrote it? I mean, can you use the old way if you've bought the new pack?

Why do we have to rely so heavily on mods? Why has the response to "this is broken," become immediately "oh but there's a mod to fix that?" Is this the future of The Sims?

Don't get me wrong, I still love, support and trust the devs, but get-the-mod is way too common as the goto solution.
    @PenguinFoop, No, they did not overwrite it, just disabled it if you have the pack installed. Think of it like it is a house that has one bathroom and if you buy the pack it adds a second bathroom, but locks the door on the first one.

I totally get it that it's a problem for those who do not, or cannot use mods. I wasn't saying that it's at all okay that they did it...merely that "can't be easily undone" wasn't an accurate portrayal.
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    It seems ridiculous to reduce weddding venue options in a pack meant to expand the experience. I don't even hold weddings often, but I'm irked by this though I only bought the pack for the new world. I assume you can temporarily turn other venues - museums, lounges like Club Calico and so on - into venue weddings and then turn them back after the event. But it seems daft to exclude places like Von Haunt Estate and Myshuno Meadows which already have wedding facilities. It doesn't make any sense.

Despite holding few weddings, I have gone all out for the ones I've done in the past. I've temporarily made over both both Plumbob Pictures Museum and Studio PBP for lavish celebrity nuptials. Choosing a unique wedding venue that suits the sim couple is part of the fun of these occasional celebrations for me.

Also, I'm with whoever it was above who bemoaned the two arches on the official wedding lot in Tartosa. Does it break the wedding? I'm inclined to replace that lot with some high ranked player build if I ever hold a wedding there.
    edited March 2022
    Aleia1 wrote: »
    Does it break the wedding? I'm inclined to replace that lot with some high ranked player build if I ever hold a wedding there.

No, it doesn't break it, it just confuses the sims who are guests when you give them instructions to gather for the wedding functions at the specified object type.
    It's relatively easy to get around this (mostly) by putting the guests all in groups and first instructing the visitors to "go here together" near whichever object you are actually going to use...and then waiting for them all to get there before giving the object based commands. But if you don't do that, then the visitors will be split up between all the different ones.

It's nothing new to the game. Without mods the same kinds of issues exist in all sorts of aspects of the game. A bar lot type that has more than one bar object, for example, only gets a bartender at one of them and the bartenders aren't consistent about which one they will go to.
    First thing I did after installing the pack is edit the venue in Tartosa to eliminate the duplicate objects; knowing that it's a given with the game that it would cause issues.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    It seems a patch is coming to include Myshuno Meadows as a wedding venue location within a few weeks
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    It seems a patch is coming to include Myshuno Meadows as a wedding venue location within a few weeks

I hope even though they weren’t mentioned it includes Von Haunt Estates, The Bluffs, and The Ruins in Windenburg.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    I built a really nice wedding chapel in the ruins. I would really like to be able to continue using it.