August 19th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Should Having Multiple Spouses Be an Option?

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,016 Member
SimGuruNinja shared this Tweet:



Due to discussion not allowed on the thread used to gather info on My Wedding Story Game Pack, I have created this discussion. I wanted to create a poll, but that failed.

So what do you think? Please respect others' opinions.

Edit.
EgonVM wrote: »
Ok. Let us all calm down. Remember, this discussion is about the game.

Let me state my opinion on the matter.

For me, The Sims should be a sandbox game, meaning players should be able to play it however they want. So I won't be against it coming to the game. However, I would like some toggles due to the Neighborhood Stories feature.
The Sims should be played the way the player feels comfortable.
Post edited by EgonVM on

Comments

  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 2,587 Member
    So there going to add pologomy?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,464 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja shared this Tweet:



    Due to discussion not allowed on the thread used to gather info on My Wedding Story Game Pack, I have created this discussion. I wanted to create a poll, but that failed.

    So what do you think? Please respect others' opinions.

    Some folks (the same folks I believe that believed that we would never get hijabs in the game do to a certain symbolism) thought that the option of having more then one spouse could turn the game into M-rated thing. So either they realize how common it still is in some countries, or they notice how popular it is with a certain Mod's extra function? I mean how many spouses are we talking about only 2 or more? Since if it's more then 2, I can see why in real life it would be a problem *cough* thinking of a certain story in the texts *cough* well the main spouse favours one of their extra spouse over one of the other ones?
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • PeralPeral Posts: 749 Member
    Done correctly it could add alot of drama
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,016 Member
    edited February 13
    So there going to add pologomy?

    The tweet suggests so...

    Though I don't know if it could be said "returns", because getting married in The Sims 1 won't disallow your sim getting married to other sims, but in there, getting married is essentially asking an opposite gender sim to move in...
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 7,742 Member
    It would help me when I play certain Targaryens (a theme I play now and then) so I vote yes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,604 Member
    yes, sims is a sandbox simulation game, the less restrictions we have in areas like relationships the more sandboxy the game becomes.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 641 Member
    Hate me all you want, but I don’t support polygamy irl, but some of my sims are definitely the type to have multiple husbands/wives.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 5,510 Member
    I can already see a 100 wife challenge taking youtube by storm. :lol:
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 305 Member
    I hope they do it throple style and not religious style.
    Happy simming!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 3,696 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    Hate me all you want, but I don’t support polygamy irl, but some of my sims are definitely the type to have multiple husbands/wives.

    This would be me as well. LOL I feel if you find your soul mate in life that should be it.

    However Sims is a game and for me adding some extra chaos would be welcome.

    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 796 Member
    As long it remains completely optional and it's not autonomous, I don't really have a huge problem with it coming into the game. But it absolutely has to be 100% optional with some way of preventing it from happening with townies randomly. I don't support polyamory, much less polygamy in real life at all and would like the option to turn this completely off.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,375 Member
    More options? Sure why not!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,464 Member
    I wonder if there might be the possiblity to increase the number of sims in a house hold because if both of the spouses have children, it would cause certain problems
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,799 Member
    The more the merrier 😇
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited February 9
    Personally I would prefer for that to be enabled with mods so we don't have to deal with the potential drama if they will make that a feature.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 6,255 Member
    edited February 9
    I think it should be possible if all the sims involved agree to it

    but then again for that you would need like romantic preferences system so you could select if they vibe with multiple partners or nah and which gender(s) of partners they're into and all that

    and also like separately like do they mind if their spouse has multiple partners even tho they themselves don't want multiple partners
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Hmmm... Polygamy is considered illegal in the US. Can a video game promote an illegal activity and still keep a teen rating? I don't know the answer to that.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 460 Member
    Sure! I'd have no problem with that.
    JwVd8ug.png?1
    she/her
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 9
    No thanks, and hopefully townies wont be able to have multiple wives/husbands. Its not something I support either. If they do add it it should be completely opt-in.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,526 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Hmmm... Polygamy is considered illegal in the US. Can a video game promote an illegal activity and still keep a teen rating? I don't know the answer to that.

    Stealing is illegal too and we have a whole trait surrounding that. But I wouldn't say polygamy and stealing are the same thing morally. Just answering your question.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,464 Member
    I don't see anything the problem because at the moment only YAs and up can get married,
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,080 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Hmmm... Polygamy is considered illegal in the US. Can a video game promote an illegal activity and still keep a teen rating? I don't know the answer to that.

    Stealing is illegal too and we have a whole trait surrounding that. But I wouldn't say polygamy and stealing are the same thing morally. Just answering your question.

    Your point is well taken. However, kleptomania is, to my understanding, still considered a disability, disorder, or illness by the medical community. It is a compulsion that cannot be controlled without treatment. Polygamy does not fall into that category.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,135 Member
    For me, it really depends on how it's handled. I'd probably be okay with it if it required getting the okay from all sims involved. I'd be less okay (adapting an "it would be better as a mod" stance) if a sim could have multiple independent families that don't know about each other, but I can still see value in that for drama's sake.
    Situations where the original spouse(s) don't get input and they are all expected to live in the same house with each other would make me actively uncomfortable.

    For the record, while I'm not poly, I know people who are, and everyone involved in those relationships are on the same page.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,464 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    For me, it really depends on how it's handled. I'd probably be okay with it if it required getting the okay from all sims involved. I'd be less okay (adapting an "it would be better as a mod" stance) if a sim could have multiple independent families that don't know about each other, but I can still see value in that for drama's sake.
    Situations where the original spouse(s) don't get input and they are all expected to live in the same house with each other would make me actively uncomfortable.

    For the record, while I'm not poly, I know people who are, and everyone involved in those relationships are on the same page.

    um I think you're confusing Polygamy (which is more then one spouse) with Polyamory (which means an "open relationship" sometimes three-way relation, or sometimes an "open relationship" and the couple see other people. Since when people talk about people being poly they generally mean the latter instead, of the former because of the whole "it's not legal" thing.

    Even though my Dad has said when he worked the border he would see men bringing two full grown women in (sometimes with kids in the car) and if kids talk one of the two women was always called "aunt". But dad supsects the said "aunt" was the man's other spouse.
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 2,551 Member
    The Free Love NAP already allows for polyamorous relationships, so it's like w/e
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top