Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wants and Nots? Memories?

In the blog post for the upcoming pack 'memories' and 'wants and nots' have been mentioned.

"After you’ve established your Sim couple’s likes, dislikes, wants and nots, you can move on to setting a date and choosing your venue. "

"Memories to Last a Lifetime

You and your partner’s celebration doesn’t stop after the reception. You’ll have a lifetime together to memorialize your matrimony, starting with the photos you captured and vacations you planned."

This has me wondering. Wants and nots? Like wants and fears from Sims 2? Are wants and nots a new feature coming to the game? If so are they only part of the new pack? Are we also by any chance getting a better memories system? These words have captured my attention more than the pack itself. I really hope there's more to it than just some obscure word play to flesh out the blog post.

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm also curious to know what this means.
    Wants and Nots could just mean more Likes/Dislikes, like favorite Foods, flowers, décor etc. It could also be a proper Want/Fears system like the Sims 2, maybe they're redoing Whims completely.
    Wants and Nots could also be a hint towards an attraction system as well. An Attraction system could be built out of the Likes/Dislikes system.

I'm not sure how a Memory system would work. Would they just be Sentiments that last longer? I'm hoping they can make some type of Memory system before the Sims 4 is over.

I hope they announce something during the Livestream!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yep I wonder of they will be called wants and nots officially. And what it would entail?

I never played the previous games so idk how it was like in them. But I guess it would be like whims but revamped. Which would make sense since they stopped supporting whims a while ago. This would be good because then your sims can have wants based on their traits, relationships, sentiments and etc. And with the "nots" part what would be the consequences for your sim doing something they don’t want?

As for memory system I think it will have to do with photos. Kind of like it already does but as a revamped version. This would be really cool additions. Like imagine if they added a memory system, wants and nots, AND an attraction system in the next update. That would be a lot. I think if they are gonna add it they will announce it on livestream after they talked about the pack.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Maybe wants and nots will just be for the Big Day, and will be like the criteria to have a successful Harvest Fest. Want to have a grand meal and play with animals. Don't want to get a sad mood or to talk to anyone dressed casually.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was waiting for someone to mention this 😆
    I think there could be a few surprises coming😌 I would love love better memories even if it has to be a simple system to prevent game corruption.
    But my sims have many moments to remember!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I am super worried about wants and nots just being something specifically tied to weddings. I would really love for a proper wabre and fears system like TS2, an attraction/chemistry system, and adding more likes/dislikes such as food, fashion, television and some hobbies/skills that haven’t been included yet. I guess we’ll find out more on Friday but I’m not getting my hopes up.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I’m almost certain that the wants and nots thing will be tied to wedding gameplay but it would be so cool if it’s something patched in for preferences, etc. I wondered about an overhauled memory system when I was watching the trailer. I hope that’s something they are adding.
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    Right now I’m keeping expectations low and assuming wants and nots is going to be an extension of likes and dislikes but for wedding planning. ie what theme, clothes, food, flowers they want/ don’t want at their wedding. I’m assuming this is the case because the couple in the trailer had completely different interests for their wedding and couldn’t agree on things like the cake or flowers
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    It certainly sounds like we'll get some kind of photo-memory system. Or at least the ability to frame our own screenshots. It was heavily featured in the trailer too.

Wants and nots could be another term for turn-ons and turn-offs? It's interesting that they chose those words and put them after Likes and Dislikes like they're a separate thing.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It'ld be so cool if we got some kind of a family memories book where we could add screenshots and a bit of text and attach an emotion...
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I'm so excited about the memories I mean I know there are already memories in sims 4 but like they could flesh it out and make it better or something right do you think its memories because it'd be cool as well as wants and nots which I think are just new likes and dislikes options, prob new food preferences.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I guess not, how disappointing :( This patch (and pack) sounds quite underwhelming. I just don’t understand what the team has been doing for this past year. It would have been the perfect time to release a new attraction/favorites/memories system.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I guess not, how disappointing :( This patch (and pack) sounds quite underwhelming. I just don’t understand what the team has been doing for this past year. It would have been the perfect time to release a new attraction/favorites/memories system.

Ugh, it might be time for me detach from the community and content releases, go incognito and enjoy my modded sims 4 game completely offline, and only update the game when really necessary. I'm tired of the team constantly making it seem like they will address certain things/wishes but then just don't. I feel like they lead players on with their marketing and interactions on social media and it's just annoying at this point, it all feels very manipulative on their part, giving scraps of things we want over time in-between content nobody really asked for.