Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear God, let there be strippers!

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2022
    That's a really good question.

If the answer turns out to be chronology... whoo boy.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I loved the cake dancers in the Sims 1. :D I doubt that we’ll get anything like them because of how times have changed, but I am curious as to what, if anything, will differentiate the bachelor/bachelorette parties from the other ones.

I assume it’s more like asking the Sim of Honor, and probably is just like a party that happens before the wedding besides that.

Now, the rehearsal dinner would be interesting as well. It would involve having families meet each other and rehearse (practice) the ceremony before having a dinner. (Or the Chinese tea ceremony, if one is doing a wedding in the Chinese tradition, and is another type of special celebration option, according to the wedding blog.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    My daughter & I have only experienced Sims 3 & 4. However, we did see the throwback video of a sim jumping out of a very big cake from Sims 2. We thought it was way too funny & would be a hoot to play it in Sims 4. :D:p
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    They could never get away with it in a T for teen game. They could have dancers like in sims 3, with sexier clothing but that's it.

They got away with it in TS3, I just don't think they'll be able to get away with it in TS4 due to how sensitive people are these days. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    They could never get away with it in a T for teen game. They could have dancers like in sims 3, with sexier clothing but that's it.

They got away with it in TS3, I just don't think they'll be able to get away with it in TS4 due to how sensitive people are these days. :-/

Twerking has become mainstream, I don't think people have become more sensitive.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    There are more video games and movies as well as TV shows that make the cake dancers seem tame in comparison. Heck, there are movies with strippers in them! I may not be a fan of the cake dancers/strippers, I do think there should be an option on whether or not your Sims can have dancers/strippers at their bachelorette/bachelor parties.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    This is a game with woohoo, streaking, skinny dipping. Clothing optional venues and the like. I am sure not quite nude dancers will not be pushing the limits. The only reason it is likely not coming is they did not want to pay for the animations. It was in older sims games and more risqué things are in game already.

Yes, this is exactly why there should be an option to have strippers/cake dancers in the game. Since there are violent superhero video games and other type of violent video games, we should be allowed the right to choose whether or not we want cake dancers/strippers at our Sims bachelorette/bachelor parties.
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    My daughter & I have only experienced Sims 3 & 4. However, we did see the throwback video of a sim jumping out of a very big cake from Sims 2. We thought it was way too funny & would be a hoot to play it in Sims 4. :D:p

I miss this so much! Sims 2 was silly and fun.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I felt the title to this post deep in my soul :D We get bach parties...now, not gonna lie, Sims 4 is a lot more toned down than 3 was, so I'm not holding my breath, and I didn't see any hint of them in the trailer...but...there could still be surprises lol
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    *crosses fingers for the sexy firefighter dance*
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm afraid they're actually just house parties with the name changed to "bach parties". They didn't show it in the livestream though, so I could be wrong. There might be new interactions that comes with it. I dunno.

I'm hoping for strippers too.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2022
    Forget about it. EA is too worried about it's teen audience being too young for our type of content.

Meanwhile, teens today are watching shows like Riverdale and Euphoria. EA forgets they're rated T for teen and not E for everyone.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    YellowLady wrote: »
    Strippers aren’t a thing I would like because plenty of younger people play and if they saw that it might get weird.

We survived seeing the cake dancers when we were young just fine though :p

Actually I liked cake dancers when i was kid they reminded me of circus :lol: I didn't know it was supposed to relate to adult fun time

also i preferred the female cake dancer because she was beautiful and i always thought the dude was bummer :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »

Twerking has become mainstream, I don't think people have become more sensitive.

Honestly, I think they have - altho this applies esp. to American culture. It's extremely easy to offend people nowadays and with how overly protective some people are, video games have to adhere to extremely strict ratings depending on what age group they want to market to. And ultimately EA made a choice: market this game primarily to kids, teens and YAs. That isn't to say adults don't play this, I'm in my 30s as well, but with every new pack, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that we are simply not their primary target audience. The trailer VOs alone make this abundantly clear.

Which if I'm being honest scares me a little thinking of TS5. A multiplayer game that they want to be able to target at young people will be incredibly tame in nearly all respects - and I mean, for good reasons. Just makes me wish someone would make a slightly more adult-oriented life simulation game. And with adult, I don't even mean anything hyper risque or dangerous or illegal. Just.. less tame.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    In TS3, the strippers at my club are wild! :P
    QYTnva3.png
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I don't like the concept of ppl having strippers at bach parties right before their wedding but I think it would be a good idea to put in venues like nightclubs and lounges.

That's me. I despise that type of thing and way of dressing IRL, but this is a game and I wouldn't have minded. It isn't like anyone has to use them or that type of play if they don't select it.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sims 3 bachelor(ette) parties gave us dancers, people spraying champagne, and just a very festive, fun atmosphere. All sorts of drama could happen. A tea party atmosphere is not nearly as much fun. It would be nice to have an option for a bit more of a wild time.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think the best we can hope for is a mod that might add them as I doubt it is happening. That is one of the things watered down in this game. I want the parties to not just be house parties and tea ceremonies. Sims 3 ones weren't bad as they were dressed and just dance and had champaign. They could of just done that to stick with T rating.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    From what i've seen of some of the game changers videos, we're not getting them. Bach parties, rehearsal dinners, and family gatherings are all the same thing with different names. You can choose what you want them to do at said parties from a list(same list for all new parties) like you do for holiday traditions but none of them are party dancers.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    From what i've seen of some of the game changers videos, we're not getting them. Bach parties, rehearsal dinners, and family gatherings are all the same thing with different names. You can choose what you want them to do at said parties from a list(same list for all new parties) like you do for holiday traditions but none of them are party dancers.

um nope they AREN'T the same thing "with different names"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Bachelor and Bachelorette parties are not the same as any family gathering unless you consider wild adult abandon and Bacchanalian revelry appropriate for a family gathering, which most people do not, which is why children aren't invited to Bachelor/Bachelorette parties ans neither are the Mrs. Crumplebottoms of the world whose hearts couldn't take the vulgar excitement.😆

The whole point of these pre-wedding bacchanalian revels, is traditionally to "whoop it up" one last time before being expected to adhere to the social restraints that decorum required of married folk after the wedding. To get it out of their system, so to speak.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited February 2022
    MadameLee wrote: »

From what I saw of the different parties in this video they were all pretty much the same.:

https://youtu.be/E5uk2iq9evM?t=1044

She even mentions it in the video at around the 19:25 mark. They could add different stuff to differentiate the party types before release, and I could be completely wrong, but from what i'm seeing here, they are. Don't get me wrong I would love to be wrong but it doesn't look that way. As of right now at least.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Sure looks like they are to me. As are a lot of interactions and activities throughout the game, same thing different names.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    Astro wrote: »

Sure looks like they are to me. As are a lot of interactions and activities throughout the game, same thing different names.

The "new" parties all look essentially the same to me too. The Bach parties are particularly disappointing. Bach parties are limited to: giving toasts, dancing, having drinks, eating desserts, and a celebration feast. Things that you can already do in base game.

ee76a1d136935964063d296ffe55284633e413c9.jpg

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    My parents once went to a Family New Years Party. I stress Family, 'cause that is who was there, everybody who was over about 12, grandparents, parents, adults, teens. They said "leave the little bitty kids at home 'cause we'll be up late" and oh boy, they were not only up late, but also there was major drinking going on. My cousin, who was 19, wore a dress that was mostly a short smock that covered the front and back. There was no fabric on the sides and the gap was about 5 inches, all the way from armpit to the short bottom of the skirt. It was held together in a couple of strategic places with gold chains - and no, she didn't wear stockings or underwear. Her mother had helped her redesign the dress specifically for this party! At about 11 pm she wound up on top of a table and danced up there the rest of the night, pulling various male cousins and uncles (even her brothers) up to dance with her. My parents got home about 2 am. Now I wasn't there, but all those cousins who were over 12 were, and nobody cared.

Seriously, kids see way worse than the Sim 1 cake dancer/stripper on TV, movies, and in their other games.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top