Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying My Wedding Stories?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are so willing to buy something that is demonstrated to be broken on release. Do you guys go buy broken appliances and torn clothes?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I watched the livestream and almost everything the nay-sayers are crying about as "broken" was actually user error.
    As for the rest, a modder will fix it if Maxis doesn't. I'm more than willing to buy something that is not in brand-new condition if the price is reasonable and, I'm sorry, but the price of games as compared to how much enjoyment I get out of them is lower than any other form of entertainment that I have. I spend over 80 bucks a MONTH on my streaming Television services, for example, and watch TV like 10-20% as much as I play Sims games.

Exactly this. Most of it were not "broken" but bad setup. Simmers say everything is "broken and unplayable" but I've been playing since 2015.
    I wish I could have taken over the livestream lol. Everything in sims has potential to go haywire that's it's nature but I rarely ever have actual bugs or problems and I work out any that arise, laugh about it and have fun. This it's a definite buy for me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    This is definitely my kind of play style, so I'll be getting it at some point. Not right away because I haven't been playing lately, I have too much going on at the moment.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I don't understand why people are so willing to buy something that is demonstrated to be broken on release. Do you guys go buy broken appliances and torn clothes?

Bugs are a very rare occurrence in my game and as said the problems appear to have been user caused. If there are a few issues that actually affect my game then I still have the items and that beautiful world to play with until fixed.

As for the cost I spend almost that in Chai Lattes in a month when I walk the waterfront.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yeah, I like the world and the clothes and if my sims actually get married with the new features I’ll consider it a good buy…

I wish we got a pack that would give us more than getting married we need more parties in general. Rave parties, prom (insert party here)

I also wish kid sims could do crush like things with other kid sims… Sims being attracted to each other would be great.

But despite the worlds small size it’s a world I’ll actually use and play in, and I love that we actually get the married trailer couple in game… So I’m excited about that.

I wish we got more cas items, none of the dresses scream bride for me but the hair is great.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Sims 3 was not bug-free or glitch-free, either (and Sims 3 sims get distracted in weddings, too), and most of the time, my games do work, and I do enjoy all of the games, including Sims 4.

And there’s bound to be patches, of course. We are customers who can still give feedback, and I trust some things will get fixed.

Though, the livestream wedding was not entirely bugs/glitches. I think some of it was how it was set up and then the streamer had the bride get distracted with bouquet, etc.

But, please. Don’t assume and be rude and judge us based on what we choose to spend our money on, especially a luxury item that may have worked for us.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Yes, the number of appliances that I have had to return increases every year. In the old days, it worked out of the box.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    As for the cost I spend almost that in Chai Lattes in a month when I walk the waterfront.

I live for chai lattes the way lots of people live for coffee 😅. I’d probably save more if I could stand the taste of the powdered stuff (got a whole stash of that, but it’s only for uber-emergencies) but I make my own every morning using the liquid concentrate and foam up my oat milk for body.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I live for chai lattes the way lots of people live for coffee 😅. I’d probably save more if I could stand the taste of the powdered stuff (got a whole stash of that, but it’s only for uber-emergencies) but I make my own every morning using the liquid concentrate and foam up my oat milk for body.

Been a challenge finding the concentrate here but at least my way I get a nice walk. Well when the weather cooperates that is.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)

I originally planned to buy it on release day. Now, I am not so sure. I've never had a single wedding in this game because I haven't been interested in doing so. I was open to changing my mind. That livestream didn't do it for me. I do think the world is very lovely, and there are a few things that appeal to me. I will wait to see what the gamechangers and other players have to say about it first.

I wish they would let gamechangers or someone else do the livestreams. Some people are really fantastic at that type of thing, and some people are average. That's not a slam against any guru. I personally think it is a very difficult thing to do, and some personalities do better at it than others. (I don't even do streamed meetings very well.) I just think it would be beneficial to have someone who is very comfortable with streaming, more experienced at it, and who is more connected with players expectations, host the livestreams. I was left with a lot of questions about this pack. I will wait for answers before plunking down my money.
  • ElnVldElnVld Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2022
    Undecided
    I have "Sims 4" with all expansions in russian language and if there is no russian language in this package ... then no, I won't buy it. Although I live in Israel and I can purchase "My wedding stories".
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Undecided
    I'm changing my mind and buying it as I've thought of several other things I could do with it.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I plan on buying it on release. I already have my days requested off from work to explore the new pack. I feel like I can pull off a more organized wedding better than what the gurus showed off in the livestream. Some people are saying there's not enough content, well that may be their opinion but when have we ever gotten a pack that came with 7 new events? Even if I don't plan to use them all, it's nice to have options.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Undecided
    Haven't decided yet, as I'm not overly excited for this pack because it should have been a base game overhaul, the wedding system anyway. But that's just me. Might wait for a review before ultimately deciding.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    Undecided
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Some people are saying there's not enough content, well that may be their opinion but when have we ever gotten a pack that came with 7 new events? Even if I don't plan to use them all, it's nice to have options.

There may be several new event titles, but so far, there has been nothing shown that demonstrates that any of these "new" events are significantly different from the weddings, dinner, and other parties that we can already do in base game. So far, the only new additions to the pack appear to be: the functional tea set, drawing in the sand, "coupled" dancing, walking up/down the aisle at a wedding, the ability to have wedding participants, the ability to craft a bouquet, the "be seated" prompt, a bottle collection, and cake tasting (which may be tied to the shop window). I expect more from a GP. Perhaps the Game Changers will reveal more, but right now, I'm not hopeful.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    No

The best one so far :D
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    There may be several new event titles, but so far, there has been nothing shown that demonstrates that any of these "new" events are significantly different from the weddings, dinner, and other parties that we can already do in base game.

We saw with how the Wedding events are set up that you can customize the exact activities specific to the events in the pack and based on what was in the list of choices, there is no doubt that the same selection will be used for at least some of the other new events, because some of those choices most clearly applied to those other events more than the wedding itself.

That alone, meets my definition of them being "significantly different" from the events in the base game. I wish they'd redo ALL of the events in the game with a base game patch to make them that customizable. I think that's a fantastic feature...and not one I would have even thought of asking for. Which makes it a pleasant addition to the game.

If it doesn't meet your definition of "significantly different", then I don't think there's anything that could, considering at the core all events are going to be at least a little similiar, because they all are a "gathering of sims".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I really wish they had shown more of the new events. I did notice in the screenshots that they are listed as "Activity Events" rather than "Goaled Events." I'm assuming Activity Events are the ones that you customize, which makes them different than the parties we already have with predetermined goals.

The blog also mentioned going on a romantic vacation after and it doesn't sound like they even mentioned that in the stream. I wonder if there is any actual difference to a honeymoon or if you just have the option to schedule a vacation differently to count as a honeymoon.

My primary disappointment with the livestream is what wasn't shown. My decision to buy the pack on sale has not changed. The pack doesn't have everything I want, but it will add enough to my gameplay to be worth its part of the bundle sale price.
    Undecided
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If it doesn't meet your definition, then I don't think there's anything that could, considering at the core all events are going to be at least a little similiar, because they all are a "gathering of sims".

To me, the wedding & party customizatons presently shown could and should have achieved through a SP & base game update. In fact, this pack appears to be what Luxury Party Stuff should have been. The new world of Tartosa is primarily what is elevating it to a GP. However, for a GP, I was expecting to see at least some of the following also included: new traits, new careers, new aspirations, new skills, new likes/dislikes, more romantic interactions, new proposal variations, new woohoo options, new harvestables or Mediterranean foods, the return of the entertainers, etc. Some of these may be included in MWS, but they have not been mentioned yet.

edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Well, @EternalSunshine, that's the problem with expectations. Having them is pretty much a guarantee that you will be disappointed. Millions of people play The Sims game, and we all have different things on our wants list. No single person that plays will ever get everything they want. It's just not possible.

My decision to buy a pack or not buy a pack is not based on what I think should have been included, but rather whether what was included is something I want in my game, even if it is not something I would have asked for. This pack is pretty much not at all what I would have asked for, in any way shape or form, to be honest. But, and it's a big but, I liked everything I saw. So, I'm going to buy it.

I don't even disagree with you that some of the stuff would have been included in a base game update if I got to make those kinds of decisions. But I don't.

I could deprive myself of the enjoyment a pack could bring me out of principle because I don't agree with what they did or did not include, but at the end of the day it's just a game. Standing on principle isn't going to change what EA/Maxis does in the future one bit. All it's going to do is mean I don't get the stuff that is in the pack. Ultimately the decision really just boils down to "Do I want that or don't I".
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    The livestream only cemented my decision to buy it. The world is gorgeous, I feel it offers lots of gameplay and I’m not too worried about the mishaps in stream because they were trying to run the game, a 4 way zoom call and streaming software all on a home set up. I noticed their call audio cut out a few times so I assume someone’s computer may have been struggling under the load. I don’t run anything in the background when I play except maybe an internet window and my antivirus software. When I play vanilla I rarely experience the glitches so many complain about and rarely had any lag until we got SDX. But, once I set that to only search for content on startup for the game the lag went away. Now once I start adding mods, I do very occasionally see some minor slowdown, occasional T posing, and some other minor visual glitches, depending on how many mods I add even though they’re stable mods from reliable creators and up to date, but that’s on me not the game. So yes I am buying it, because it not only offers new wedding gameplay but new retail gameplay too. I can finally have a proper one stop wedding shop.
    Undecided
    @Stormkeep
    I know that it is not possible to include everything in a pack and I don't expect that. My decision on purchasing a pack is not based on a particular expectation, but on my own personal perceived value of the pack. My biggest issue with TS4 is the continuous splitting of content, and unfortunately lately, TS4 packs seem to be more and more "bare bones," with gameplay being neglected the most. Based on what I've seen so far, the content in MWS is not worth the $20 GP price, and I was just trying to explain why. I may still eventually purchase MWS on sale, if and when, it is priced closer to a SP, because I do like the new world, and I don't own LPS.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I’m buying on sale. I always buy on sale because it gives the team a few months to fix the bugs.

I play rotation, and have lots of couples who can marry or renew vows. This is a great pack for rotational players.
    edited February 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yah, @EternalSunshine, I don't entirely disagree with you regarding the "value" judgement of what is in the pack. I'd agree for sure if it didn't include a New World, or even if the world was a lot smaller. The World is pretty much what clinches it for me as a buy.

I mean, if I had my druthers, they would have made it an expansion pack, rather than a game pack, and rolled a bunch of new romance and dating gameplay into it along with all of the wedding stuff. Seriously, I think it would have been one of their highest selling EP's for the game if they had done that.
    I sometimes don't understand what the creative director at Maxis is thinking; so many missed opportunities.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I haven't seen much about the events but the new world looks wonderful and I can't wait to see the little things like algae blooms and fireflies. Swimmable lots are a big deal for me so I'm happy with what we're getting. Wedding Events seem like a good idea but distracted sims are always a reality so I'll hope for the best and expect chaos.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'll be buying it primarily for the world, which has been my plan pretty much every since the leak. The world is as gorgeous (and even bigger) as I hoped, so that's still the plan.

That being said, as much as people were disappointed by the livestream, I found things in it that also made me like the theme and content more than I expected. I'm still happy about the tea set; even if it's not perfect, it's still something I've wanted for a long time and it will be a good addition. Looks like there are also two new tea flavors as well. I like the drawing in the sand and the message in a bottle items. I probably won't throw a lot of weddings, but I do have one couple (the first household I ever created) who have been engaged for at least four years. So I will probably have them make it official once I buy this pack. After that, we'll see. On the whole, even if I don't use weddings much, there are plenty of locations, items, and outfits that I can incorporate into my main save to improve things.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the CAS being boring or dowdy or whatever, but after some of the recent kits, I'm ready for something a bit more elegant and classy. There are definitely a lot of items here that I will enjoy incorporating into my formal wear options in general, not just for weddings.

Someone mentioned harvestables, and I would also have liked to see at least one or two more that could have made the world even more unique. Almond trees would have been lovely for a Mediterranean setting. But who knows, maybe we will be surprised. If not, perhaps the modders will step in. Same goes for more Mediterranean foods. Even if they weren't included in the stalls (and I have mixed feelings about that), I would really like to put in a restaurant where the lounge is now, and it would have been nice to see a few new regional dishes, perhaps Croatian and/or Greek-inspired.

I do think I will wait to buy it at least until I know what the bugs are and how likely they are to impact me. After that, I'll decide whether or not to wait for a sale and/or major patches. In the meantime, I'll go through my households to see who I might want to move there eventually and watch the gallery to see the interesting venues other people create.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top