We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    @Nushka

Of course, but male children? Oh nevermind, the Tweet in your post just answered my question 🙂
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Because I love throwing parties and or a variety of family events, this game pack is a welcome addition. Adding the event to the calendar and then planning a social gathering on that date makes the experience 10 times better.

One reason I hope tiaras are added is because I want to have a proper my little princess party. So, I am hoping children are able to wear a tiara.

I have so many weekly party ideas that I am looking forward to throwing.

The world looks beautiful and I am eagerly awaiting to watch the livestream. Perhaps they added a new lot venue type.

Regarding the new cake animation and new cakes added is such a plus. I’ve been playing with my Sim who owns a bakery. This pack could not have come at a better time because I wanted more cakes to add to my bakery. Definitely going to remodel my bakery when I get the game pack next week.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Because I love throwing parties and or a variety of family events, this game pack is a welcome addition. Adding the event to the calendar and then planning a social gathering on that date makes the experience 10 times better.

One reason I hope tiaras are added is because I want to have a proper my little princess party. So, I am hoping children are able to wear a tiara.

The world looks beautiful and I am eagerly awaiting to watch the livestream. Perhaps they added a new lot venue type.

Regarding the new cake animation and new cakes added is such a plus. I’ve been playing with my Sim who owns a bakery. This pack could not have come at a better time because I wanted more cakes to add to my bakery. Definitely going to remodel my bakery when I get the game pack next week.

there is a crown for kids in spooky pack @Hearts4u
    more for sim kids and more drama please

there is a crown for kids in spooky pack @Hearts4u

Oh. I actually don’t own that pack. I shall need to take a look at the CAS items in it. Thanks a bunches.

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It only shows you the weather in your home world. Doesn't help if don't live in Tartosa.

Oh I know that. Was under the impression if you live in that world to know the weather since it's residential, but that's realkt understandable when you go to another world and the weather could be anything though I do wonder what weather type will be there and have to replan going again.

Wish they'd refresh seasons so one can know how the weather is in other worlds. Would make the weather channel more useful. :s
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Aw, this is both sweet/cute and funny! 😄Looks like Flower Pal can be any age (as long as it’s Child or older, I assume).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I really hope flower pals and ring bearers can also be toddlers and pets, too.
    edited February 2022
    How do you check the weather in other worlds? Do you just travel to other worlds first or can you check ahead of time?

I want to know so I can try to set up an outdoor wedding in another world, if the game allows us to do so in other worlds.

It’s been awhile since I did weddings in Sims 4, and I usually did it within the same world or same lot area.
    (She/her)
    edited February 2022
    How do you check the weather in other worlds? Do you just travel to other worlds first or can you check ahead of time?

I want to know so I can try to set up an outdoor wedding in another world, if the game allows us to do so in other worlds.

It’s been awhile since I did weddings in Sims 4, and I usually did it within the same world or same lot area.

You have to travel to the location where you plan to have the wedding and then open the calendar to check the weather. Doing this is a must so that your wedding doesn’t get ruined by bad weather.

I never elope. Although it takes a lot of time to get to that big day, planning my wedding is so enjoyable.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Aw, this is both sweet/cute and funny! 😄Looks like Flower Pal can be any age (as long as it’s Child or older, I assume).

I'm hoping for toddlers too.

You can't.

If you use mods then @Bienchen has one that tweaks "Sunny Aspect" lot trait to provide 24 hours of sunshine when travelling to that lot.

lottraitsunnyaspecttweak
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 672 Member
    If you have it MCC lets you also change the weather and the season.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    If you have it MCC lets you also change the weather and the season.

I forgot about that aspect of MCC. Thanks for the reminder.
    edited February 2022
    This was actually the first time it ever crossed my mind to have my dog at a wedding. Daniel's dog, Butter, was there for a lot of pivotal moments as Daniel met, dated, fell in love and married, Emily. So, I thought it only natural that he should be at the wedding.

Butter gave his approval the night before the proposal.
    The-Proposal.jpg

Daniel fitted Butter in his bow tie for the wedding. Although Butter did not have a role to play, he was in attendance for the big event. Unfortunately, Butter did not receive an invite; I had to use the whistle to get him there. That being said, this is one of the many couples I'm excited to see renew their vows. My only issue is that I wish you could invite more than 15 people without having to use a mod. Being that we are getting a wedding pack, it would be nice if that number could be bumped up to 25--wishful thinking.
    Butter-Wedding-Photo.jpg

This is always been my go to cake for the wedding; finally, we have more options to select from. Hoping the champagne bucket that was shown in the trailer is functional for getting drinks in a wine glass.
    Cake.jpg
  • RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    I'm also hoping toddlers can be flower pals or ring bearers
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I'm pretty excited about this pack. There have been multiple discussions about weddings and different interactions that are finally coming with Wedding Stories. It's been awhile, but I remember discussing the need for slow dancing and my desire for better wedding photos. Haha. I also remember someone else saying they wanted children to be able to dance with adults, and we're getting that interaction! I feel like they actually listened to us, and I feel like they might have actually read some of the stuff posted on the forums. I could be completely wrong, but it feels like they are doing things we've requested. I'm reserving full judgement until I see some game play, but I am thinking this might be the very first Sims 4 pack I will pre-order or buy on release day.
    edited February 2022
    My only issue is that I wish you could invite more than 15 people without having to use a mod. Being that we are getting a wedding pack, it would be nice if that number could be bumped up to 25--wishful thinking.

For the Sims team to do it they would also need to increase lot limits as it's currently 20. Increasing lot limits lowers performance.

15 guests to a party allows for host, household members, hireable NPCs to show up, but some guests would not show up if if the limit is reached.
    While MCCC can change the weather (needs a mailbox for it), UI Cheats Extension can change the weather by right clicking the weather icon.
    I usually avoid mods whenever I can, so I would try to create some shelter for outdoor weddings in case it does rain. (Maybe use build cheat real quick or something.)
    (She/her)
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 899 Member
    @Hearts4u Butter is so cute! :love: A couple of weeks ago I organised a wedding for Sofia and Octavia and Sofia's dog, Lilo, was there too. Just like you said it felt natural to have an important furry family member attend the wedding too. It was funny that Lilo didn't care about the ceremony at all, but fought with squirrels in a bush and was super excited about the music that was playing on a radio while my sims were getting married :joy:

I took some pictures of them together later.
    QZ0K7Xq.png

I wonder if they have thought about pets in this new pack. I wish they have.
    @haisin That's so cute! I really hope that pets are not going to be left out of the ceremony. We should be able to have our pets be ring bearers and flower pals!

While we're at it, maybe pets should walk us down the aisle and officiate the ceremony! :D (That one was a joke, but having more options is always a good thing.)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,378 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    @Hearts4u Butter is so cute! :love: A couple of weeks ago I organised a wedding for Sofia and Octavia and Sofia's dog, Lilo, was there too. Just like you said it felt natural to have an important furry family member attend the wedding too. It was funny that Lilo didn't care about the ceremony at all, but fought with squirrels in a bush and was super excited about the music that was playing on a radio while my sims were getting married :joy:

I took some pictures of them together later.
    QZ0K7Xq.png

I wonder if they have thought about pets in this new pack. I wish they have.

Aww, so sweet! Beautiful bride and her cute doggie! 🐕
    (She/her)
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yipeee! A 50x40 lot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top