Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I wonder if we will be able to have weddings and receptions at different venues now.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2022
    Everything about My Wedding Stories is a beautiful thing because it takes the wedding experience to a whole new level.

Several of my couples will be renewing their vows.
    Wedding-Day-3.jpg

I'm so excited for this.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    So now I have to wait for this pack to release before I can have any more of my Sims marry, can't bear to make any of them miss out on all this fun stuff. Didn't think I would be this excited for a wedding pack, but I am.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I didn't really know I needed more in-depth weddings for my sims but I definitely do. I can't wait for this pack. Of course, I'm a sucker for game packs, in general. I'm also a hopeless romantic at heart.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Having watched the trailer a couple of times, looking forward and hoping to find out more about the added romance interactions and animation.
    Nk1VPL.gif
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am happy to finally see that Sims can Dance together, (even with kids) after waiting for a slow dance for 8 years!, but not sure yet what to think about this "Slow Dance". What I saw looked more like a slower foxtrot dance. So I pray that there is more to it like it was in Sims 2. If not I would be very disappointed.
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    :* None one talking about how the smustle has came back.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    hewD3Xu.png

A new ring for the first time since 2014, truly anything is possible y'all

I hope we also finally get Bella's ring in this pack too or as part of an update.

4bdd1t5etvhq.jpg

Yeah and giganic tew as most of EA's rings. "Downsize" on my ToDo list lol
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    :* None one talking about how the smustle has came back.

I think they called that line dancing.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    pVk6ZoE.png

This is the cutest thing ever.

This would be perfect for a wedding between a Mersim (cake) and a PlantSim/Gardener/deviant sim (topper).
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I'm really excited to learn more about the new World, Tartosa. Sounds like culturally it is going to be Italian, or maybe Croatian? Thrilled to read we're going to have new residential lots, and sounds like multiple neighbourhoods!
    edited February 2022
    It's the little things I like

The 2 and 3 tierd cakes and with different colors

The new wedding cake toppers

The new wedding ring options in CAS

The Updated Wedding Renewel Vows were we can now propose again.

The New Love Day themed objects like the heart wall decorations

Sims being able to face each other while slow dancing and line dancing

The cake testing and flower buying.

Trying on wedding gowns and suits.

Adults dancing with children
    edited February 2022
    sireneiles wrote: »
    Ok i just realized the reason i was asking for proper bridal shops (at the minimum if you have get to work) is that i’m afraid that if the only way to taste the cake, choose the flowers and try the dresses are locked in the new world at the outside doors stalls. If so the bridal shops people previously built would become obsolete. Also, it would means that you’d be dependent of the weather to plan your wedding (we don’t want taste the cake outside when it’s raining, do we ?) so basically i’m slightly afraid of both of these potential problems. Hope they found a way around. I’m thinking there’s the option to do it outside or a rabbit hole, and i’m hoping they updated get to work for us to be able to do all of this inside of the bridal shops we built, maybe we even through buydebug i would be fine with that. But i believe we can add stalls almost on any lot

Thankfully the calendar system is handy since it tells you what the weather will be like. So that can certainly be avoided.

Sim scan def buy clothing just gotta set it up and same if you wanted to buy center pieces only part would be able to sample cakes for the most part and choosing your bouquet. Wonder if there's a specific category or a new one for sims to use for having wedding attire. That would be nice.

It only shows you the weather in your home world. Doesn't help if don't live in Tartosa.

But will they be engaged (so that Simmers can play with their wedding story) or already married? :P

I wonder who the other premades will be.

Married, and Elders.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I think I got everything I hoped for and then some except for online dating and I can live without that!
    EmmaVane wrote: »

But will they be engaged (so that Simmers can play with their wedding story) or already married? :P

I wonder who the other premades will be.

Married, and Elders.

Married and young adults.
    deedles64 wrote: »
    I think I got everything I hoped for and then some except for online dating and I can live without that!

That might come in the update.
    Something I was wondering about: If we buy the pack, I wonder if we always opt-in to doing detailed weddings or can some sims skip some of the process?

I think it was mentioned that sims can elope at City Hall for those sims who don't want weddings? Or did I misunderstand?

It was in the blog.

Although you can absolutely be the spontaneous type and elope at City Hall.

Oh, thank you! So it was the blog that mentioned it. I totally forgot some stuff since there was so much twitter (good/happy) explosion going on with reactions and questions about the trailer, lol.

They'll likely keep the base game wedding event too, for people who don't have the pack.
    I wonder if we will be able to have weddings and receptions at different venues now.

Looked like it from the trailer, or else it was on a massive lot.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Ohh!! I just had a great thought!! All of my married couples are going to renew their vows and have their children take part if possible!!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Something I was wondering about: If we buy the pack, I wonder if we always opt-in to doing detailed weddings or can some sims skip some of the process?

I think it was mentioned that sims can elope at City Hall for those sims who don't want weddings? Or did I misunderstand?

It was in the blog.

Although you can absolutely be the spontaneous type and elope at City Hall.

I'm really happy about this option. Most of my sims elope. I only occasionally do the wedding event so it's good we can still choose with the pack installed. But I'm definitely going to be playing a big wedding once I get the pack. I already have an engaged couple ready for the big event.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    sireneiles wrote: »
    Ok i just realized the reason i was asking for proper bridal shops (at the minimum if you have get to work) is that i’m afraid that if the only way to taste the cake, choose the flowers and try the dresses are locked in the new world at the outside doors stalls. If so the bridal shops people previously built would become obsolete. Also, it would means that you’d be dependent of the weather to plan your wedding (we don’t want taste the cake outside when it’s raining, do we ?) so basically i’m slightly afraid of both of these potential problems. Hope they found a way around. I’m thinking there’s the option to do it outside or a rabbit hole, and i’m hoping they updated get to work for us to be able to do all of this inside of the bridal shops we built, maybe we even through buydebug i would be fine with that. But i believe we can add stalls almost on any lot

Thankfully the calendar system is handy since it tells you what the weather will be like. So that can certainly be avoided.

Sim scan def buy clothing just gotta set it up and same if you wanted to buy center pieces only part would be able to sample cakes for the most part and choosing your bouquet. Wonder if there's a specific category or a new one for sims to use for having wedding attire. That would be nice.

It only shows you the weather in your home world. Doesn't help if don't live in Tartosa.

You can still travel to other worlds and check the weather even if you don't live there. That's what I do when I'm planning my sims vacation so I know what the best days are.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m so happy they brought back slow dancing and not only that but kids can slow dance with adults!! How freaking cute!! I’m holding off playing my main save because they just got engaged and I want them to partake in this new pack!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top