Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    :heart:Love :heart: the cover they made of the song At Last by Etta James. I wonder if it will be added to a station. I hardly ever throw weddings in any of my saves but maybe I will be more inclined to do so with this pack.
    Hope the song will, and I hope my second favorite music is better than romance. Because romance station is not an R&B station. I still need a diverse radio station like that you know
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    CGn8pjS.jpeg
    Wow ..
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I can't wait for this pack to come out! All my sims get married, lol, I love weddings. Everything looks cute and lovely, plus a new world! Ahhh! So excited!❤
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Just watched the Trailer (twice), good Trailer btw, no weird voiceover and cute story (poor groom tho).
    Anyways the BB looks beautiful, perfect for fairytaleish builds too and of course the DANCING!
    Finally slow couple dancing!
    So far its a Yes from me ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I loved seeing the various cakes and cake toppers on the blog.

The little ghost pair topper is perfect for spooky-cute couples or couples that love cutesy Halloween topper. 👻 Cow plant couple topper is also pretty cute, too!

The mermaid/tropical looking cake would fit very well with my multiple sim merfolk family members! 🧜🏽‍♂️🧜🏻‍♂️🧜🏾‍♀️🧜🏼‍♀️

So much prettiness and sweetness in this pack! 🥰🎀💐🎂🫖
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    At the start of the video, it showed some cake decoration. Is that different from normal baking do you think?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    At the start of the video, it showed some cake decoration. Is that different from normal baking do you think?

As far as I know we can't decorate cakes that come with the game. (okay with Sims Get to Work for bakery skill at level 3 we can decorate cakes/cupcakes,etc but I don't know what that looks like in game does anyone know?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »

As far as I know we can't decorate cakes that come with the game. (okay with Sims Get to Work for bakery skill at level 3 we can decorate cakes/cupcakes,etc but I don't know what that looks like in game does anyone know?

I probably didn't phrase that very well. What I meant is there cake decoration in the new pack, or was it just artistic licence. There are some new cakes and toppers.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    That trailer was so adorable I had to watch it twice. The first time I was watching the story and didn't even notice they showed off the new world!

This is very niche, in that it only applies to weddings, but it adds so much to that particular aspect of gameplay! And as someone who throws a lot of weddings (at least one each rotation for the past several rounds), it's my niche! I love the options for drama in leaving a sim at the altar... the thought bubble on the bride after the bachelorette party makes me think there are additional opportunities for relationship woes throughout the process. Might there be some actual challenge to getting through the wedding planning without relationship difficulties?

Flower pals! (can they be pets? Please let pets be an option) Ring bearers! Sims of honor! Walked down the aisle by sim of choice! Plus the optional engagement party, bachelor/ette party, and rehearsal dinner events will let me have different levels of complication for different couples. The blog makes it sound like you can choose wedding traditions the way you choose holiday traditions also, and possibly for all of the events (pre-parties, ceremony, and reception). I hope they include a lot of multicultural touches in those tradition choices, in addition to the tea ceremony that they're highlighting because there was so much desire for a tea set expressed after SE. The throwing the bouquet looked super cute! It looked like an officiant at the ceremony although that's not mentioned in the blog so that might have been cinematic.

Slow dancing is great, I was hoping for it, but dancing with children!!! I didn't expect that and it's so great. I hope that will be available at other occasions as well.

My only complaint is that the blog makes it sound like the flower/dress/cake venues are tied to the village like in CoL, rather than in stalls that I can place in any world. I hope I am reading that wrong and that every sim in every world doesn't have to travel to Tartosa for those activities.

The blog also explicitly mentions honeymoons!

I'm going to wait until it's available to bundle, because I also want SE and NK and have been waiting for a gamepack to bundle with them, but this is a no-brainer purchase for me.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm so excited! I have been waiting almost two decades for the Sims to make a proper wedding pack. Celebration from Sims 2 was cool, but I always wanted my sims to be able to walk down the aisle with someone else and have maids of honor, best men, flower girls, and ring bearers. My inner pre-teen feels like she was finally heard after all these years.

Choosing your cake, your venue, flowers, etc. I'm finally going to be able to drag out my wedding planning like I always wanted to.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    hewD3Xu.png

A new ring for the first time since 2014, truly anything is possible y'all

I hope we also finally get Bella's ring in this pack too or as part of an update.

4bdd1t5etvhq.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Trailer was cute and I love that kids are included as well as wedding practices of different cultures. Game packs are always so much better than both Kits and EPs somehow lol
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I'm going to be weird and be both excited about, and hesitant over (but somewhere else) this pack. I'm pleasantly surprised they added so much, especially slow dancing! I didn't think that would ever be in Sims 4. And I appreciate that they apparently tried to make weddings customizable in so many ways, cultural traditions, inclusivity, etc.

This would make me want to buy the pack, but I also think I'd get decision fatigue from having to make choices about so many things that don't matter to me, like nails.

Still, I'm excited too. I always wanted to have a beach wedding for a couple of my sims and it looks like it can happen easily now in this pack. It would also be cool if something halfway between an elopment and a big formal wedding could happen, so like, just the couple and an officiant, no requirement for cake or guests?

Glad there's a positive and negative thread for this pack because I have both sets of anticipatory feelings and this way, I'm not raining on anyone's parade.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I am excited!!!!! Thank You Maxis for doing this content! Slow Dancing is back!!

Also I cannot play the game anymore. I recently finished overhauling and creating my own save file. I am supposed to play the game today but saw the trailer and I was like, nope! Gotta wait till 17th to play the game HAHAHAHAHA XD
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm excited for everything in the pack, to be honest. Planning Weddings is something I always really enjoy in my Sims games, and no matter what is all in the pack, it's going to be more than I recall any previous Sims game having for Weddings....all I recall from any of the previous games in the franchise is CAS/BB items, not anything that makes the weddings feel like the "big event" that they should feel like.

I'm particularly looking forward to all the features related to planning a wedding. I always was simulating that anyway by having my engaged Sims go to bakery's and taste cake, go to flower shops, and go to various venues to decide where to hold the wedding. Sounds like there will be actual gameplay for at least some of that now.
    And having Sims-of-Honor...I've always wanted that, and never even bothered to ask for it because well..it's never been in any Sims game so I didn't figure they'd start now. It is nice being surprised.

New food will also be awesome, seeing as I'm a total foodie and just love having lots of options for food in the game. It's the main reason TS4 is my favorite Sims game so far...they just have done food/cooking so well.

Mostly though I'm super excited for the new World and for more Wedding Attire. It's going to be really, really hard for me to do what I normally do which is wait to update my game and install the pack until after the essential mods which I use get updated.

Same!!! I must say, that my problems when it comes to weddings will be solved in this pack. Every after weddings, I have no choice but to have sims dance using the dancing in the game where it looks like from a nightclub hahaha. Now we can finally have a formal type of dancing, and this makes me so happy!! I am so glad for the animators who work on this game. I am excited to see their work.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited February 2022
    I feel like I'll be Oprah to my Sims saying, "You get a wedding! And you get a wedding!" :joy:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited February 2022
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I feel like I'll be Oprah to my Sims saying, "You get a wedding! And you get a wedding!" :joy:

Can Orpah send me a partner my way? I wouldn't mind if he's visible minority (even though I would worry anytime he goes out)/s
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I was just thinking how impressed I am with the packs lately. This is now two for two (I'm not counting kits) where the theme is something I have had zero interest in adding into/expanding in my game, and yet there appears to be enough *other* stuff added (world, b/b, cas, incidentals) that I'm still ultimately interested in the pack, and willing to do it at full price.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I'm actually impressed with what I'm seeing so far. My Sims elope most of the time because weddings never seem to go the way I want them to. This might actually make weddings a fun part of the game again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,847 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

Haha. 😄
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Finally, a new ring after all these years! :p
    edited February 2022
    Something I was wondering about: If we buy the pack, I wonder if we always opt-in to doing detailed weddings or can some sims skip some of the process?

I think it was mentioned that sims can elope at City Hall for those sims who don't want weddings? Or did I misunderstand?
    (She/her)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,847 Member
    Something I was wondering about: If we buy the pack, I wonder if we always opt-in to doing detailed weddings or can some sims skip some of the process?

I think it was mentioned that sims can elope at City Hall for those sims who don't want weddings? Or did I misunderstand?

It was in the blog.

Although you can absolutely be the spontaneous type and elope at City Hall.

It was in the blog.

Although you can absolutely be the spontaneous type and elope at City Hall.

Oh, thank you! So it was the blog that mentioned it. I totally forgot some stuff since there was so much twitter (good/happy) explosion going on with reactions and questions about the trailer, lol.
    (She/her)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top