May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    This looks great. I really loved everything I could see in the trailer (and I'm sure I'll notice more as the week goes on) Only reasons I'm going to wait are because I want to wait for a patch to clear out the inevitable bugs and I don't expect to need it anytime soon for my current save.

But it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    It looks very good. I’m usually skeptical but i think someone earlier mentioned that trailers now show what’s actually in the pack and it looks like there’s good content.

Ive seen plenty of new animations, the new world looks good (hope it is residential), the party looks actually memorable.

So far i’m pleased, I sincerely hope we can open a proper bridal shop for those of us that have get to work (that we own) where we can have sims taste their cake there and try dresses, buy flowers etc !

I hope for an attraction system update in the base game as well

I loved that they did show « drama ». In the trailer. The name of the pack is « wedding storieS » so it makes sense to me that there can be perfect stories and non perfect ones. I hope it is coded in the game that we can change our minds at last minute, that would be glorious for story telling
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited February 2022
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm very happy slow dancing is coming back!
    I see a lot of people saying a functional tea set is coming, which I would be excited about too. I saw a tea set in the trailer, but do we have any pictures of them using it?

Nope, but at the beginning you can clearly see a single tea cup with liquid on the counter with her making the cake. That and another tea set in another vacation photo with another cup. The one at the 'rehersal dinner' I guess has like six on a tray so I'd like to undoubtly believe they are functional. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    edited February 2022
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm very happy slow dancing is coming back!
    I see a lot of people saying a functional tea set is coming, which I would be excited about too. I saw a tea set in the trailer, but do we have any pictures of them using it?

Nope, but at the beginning you can clearly see a single tea cup with liquid on the counter with her making the cake. That and another tea set in another vacation photo with another cup. The one at the 'rehersal dinner' I guess has like six on a tray so I'd like to undoubtly believe they are functional. :)

I think the Tea sets are using the same functionality as the drink trays from Spa day and backyard stuff. So you'll have a tray possibly with a teapot on it and then add 6-8 cups
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I think the Tea sets are using the same functionality as the drink trays from Spa day and backyard stuff. So you'll have a tray possibly with a teapot on it and then add 6-8 cups

Was thinking more along the lines of something like the one from backyard stuff (depending if they change up the animations 'hopefully' and the like) which is a favorite of mine. Figured that could be the case with it, but we'll see, but my point is it's definitely a gameplay item. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    The livestream is on Friday, yaay! I can't wait to learn more about this pack. I am very curious to see the world, the b&b and the CAS. So far it doesn't look like there will be a wedding planner career (and that's a good thing, imho).
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    favriel wrote: »
    pVk6ZoE.png

This is the cutest thing ever.

OH.
    MY.
    GOOOOOOOOOD.

That's the cutest wedding cake I ever seen I'm gonna use it for everything. Without the topper makes for a nice mermaid related cake.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,118 Member

TheSims.com has published a new wedding teaser page to help promote the upcoming pack!

The Sims 4 My Wedding Stories Reveal follows the story of Dominique & Camille – two lovely newlyweds who planned up their wedding in the world of Tartosa. Check out their wedding planning journey and life story! There are also some new screenshots showcasing new Create A Sim items, Build Items and new scenery coming with the pack.
  • Options

TheSims.com has published a new wedding teaser page to help promote the upcoming pack!

The Sims 4 My Wedding Stories Reveal follows the story of Dominique & Camille – two lovely newlyweds who planned up their wedding in the world of Tartosa. Check out their wedding planning journey and life story! There are also some new screenshots showcasing new Create A Sim items, Build Items and new scenery coming with the pack.

That confetti cake and the cute little spoopy ghost topper. It's too adorable. :s

Makes me want a variety of like birthday cakes and such.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I love the tea sets - do you guys think sims will be able to grab a tea cup and drink? Also slow dancing! Yesss!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

That slap is old, unfortunately my sims experienced it ;)
    4E5p46D.png
  • Options
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    there was so many things I seen Can't wait for like SLOW DANCING.. I seen a few other things also.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,118 Member
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I was impressed by the trailer. So happy for slow dancing!!!! And people sitting in chairs at the wedding! Please tell me that will happen now.

I am hoping we can make our own wedding shops too, but even if it's just the booths, I like the added experiences.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    And people sitting in chairs at the wedding! Please tell me that will happen now.

It already happens now in my game. I add all the wedding guests to social groups and then use the "sit here together" command on the wedding seating before beginning the ceremony. They pretty much always stay seated for the ceremony if you get them seated ahead of time.
    I imagine Maxis knows how to do this too, so seeing guests seated in the trailer really doesn't indicate to me whether they have actually fixed the issue or if they just did what we can already do to get them seated.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I was impressed by the trailer. So happy for slow dancing!!!! And people sitting in chairs at the wedding! Please tell me that will happen now.

I am hoping we can make our own wedding shops too, but even if it's just the booths, I like the added experiences.

From what it looks like some are exclusive to world buildings kinda like Henford on bagley when you're window shopping, but you can probably buy something from the shop now opposed to just looking and everything else looks like the usual food stall/trailer.

Hoping for it to be cross over pack to be able to do that with GTW putting that retail system to good use
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,895 Member
    Exactly, we don’t have an upright piano and it would be very convenient for smaller spaces.
    Simskrista wrote: »
    I love the look of the new piano from the screenshot that looks like a church, I do wish they would give us a standard, wooden upright piano though instead of more grand versions. Still positive and excited about the new one!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top