Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,064 Member

Article includes:
    Preparing for the big day
    Planning the Event
    Invite Sims
    Plan Activities
    Select a Place
    Hosting the Event

https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/18/the-sims-4-my-wedding-stories-rehearsal-dinner-guide/
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,207 Member
    These are really helpful. Thank you @simgirl1010
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,149 Member
    I have to say, I find it a little amusing that the Sims community needs to designate a "positive thoughts" echo chamber thread so as to serve the schism between those who want to critique and those that want to acclaim the pack

Just as simgilrl makes positive threads.I usually make the negatives ones.

I apprechiate both threads, every single time a pack came out, together with the countdown thread. I don't see them as echo chamber, both threads have a lot of jokes and fun, positives and negatives in there, just in a different level. As an echo chamber I would see if only one thread would be allowed to exist and people with opposite opinion would be yelled down, and that's not the case here. :)
  • Options
    Group Dancing

LfPbpTD.png

45GfqkU.png

HNIP1Ud.png

K8TJUGk.png

YdP3P1w.png

kwyq8OI.png
  • Options
    Ha ha now i have Achey Breakey Heart playing in my head
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I use the group dance feature that's in the game already pretty often, this looks like it is different animations. Very cool.

Why are people saying the line dancing isn't in the game? That looks like line dancing to me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I use the group dance feature that's in the game already pretty often, this looks like it is different animations. Very cool.

Why are people saying the line dancing isn't in the game? That looks like line dancing to me.

Yeah I went back and listened to that section of the Livestream and they mentioned it as group dancing, similar to the Macarena.

ETA: And yes the animations are different. I had them do the GT dances just to be sure.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Yeah I went back and listened to that section of the Livestream and they mentioned it as group dancing, similar to the Macarena.

ETA: And yes the animations are different. I had them do the GT dances just to be sure.

I was thinking they faced each other. Thanks for the pictures.
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    There’s a dance in the trailer where they do face each other I think
  • Options
    A moment of introspection.

E8Pteu5.png
  • Options
    Wedding socials.

WD48kkQ.png

FnTWxTZ.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I was thinking they faced each other. Thanks for the pictures.

That wouldn't really be line dancing then. One of the main things about line dancing is everyone is in a line, that's why it's called line dancing in the first place, and typically they are all facing the same direction.

There are some line dances where people do face each other, but that's an exception, not the norm.

When I was younger (and line dancing 'clubs' were more common) I used to go line dancing every weekend...I can't even remember any of the dances where you faced one another. But I won't say that it isn't a thing, I do remember there were a few where you did end up facing other dancers for part of it, definitely not the norm though. Those weren't pure line dances, they basically incorporated some other forms of dance into the moves, such as square dancing.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when people irl are doing line dancing (pains me to not see one pair of cowboy boots in the first image though..):
    1280px-Madison_%28dance%291.jpg
    1280px-Neustadttreffen_2009-Linedance_01.JPG
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Thanks for posting the line dance and the pie menu for the new any interactions, @simgirl1010 .

So I see I'll have to tweak my congratulatemore mod after this is released (and I got it).

Are there any new animations on the new interactions?

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,786 Member
    My excitement for the pack has not diminished too much because there is still much to look forward to. Adding the world is icing on the cake. It would have been nice to get a proper gameplay overview from the TS4 team demonstrating the big event; yet, oh well--I’ll discover that aspect when I get the pack.

Because it is difficult and time consuming to determine if the cheat move objects on was used within the builds, I usually level the builds or redownload the build empty. Having a build that is visually stunning while unplayable is annoying.

I’m not sure if I want more than one wedding venue as I’ve enjoyed having my wedding parties at Myshuno Meadows Central Park. I'm leaning more towards building something new in Tartosa for hosting other parties and events. Play testing a venue and watching Sims move around is key to having a successful event. If you don't want wedding crashers, then avoid certain lots for holding your wedding.

TS4 has always been about click this and click that; so, it doesn’t bother me one bit to manage my weddings because that is what I’ve been doing for years. Each wedding event has always been the most enjoyable overall.

Due to the delayed release, I decided to move around some of the build items at my venue and test a new layout. I’ve always found that having the food and tables in one room, the wedding arch and seating in another, the dance floor in a separate room, and the bathrooms on the first floor work the best. Sims may flock to other Sims if they are in another room; for that reason, I always use Actions button to form a group. Also, I never use Fast Speed or Ultra Speed for anything in my game because for some reason things will go haywire.

My new layout that I’ve been play testing in anticipation for the new pack.
    Wedding-Layout.jpg

1-Wedding-Day.jpg

Always need seats for my toddlers.
    2-Wedding-Day.jpg

Can't wait to try all the new dance moves.
    Wedding-Dance.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with @Hearts4u. Everything is clicky click click! But that's how you play the sims and I love it!
    The negativity and bug complaints surrounding the pack has not lessened my desire for it.
    I was never SUPER excited because of the theme. But my original excitement has not left. Still preparing my worlds and looking forward to this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Group Dancing

LfPbpTD.png

Looking forward to replacing my current dance floor with one of the new wedding dance floors. They are more appropriate for wedding venues.
  • Options
    I never put high-chairs in my wedding builds although I use them all the time when I’m playing. I like the idea of having the high-chair at the wedding venue. I think I’ll go with this design for the eating area.

Toddlers-in-high-chair-at-wedding.jpg

Having the punch fountain is better than the bar because everyone enjoys getting and having punch.
    Final-Set-up.jpg

• Options
    @Hearts4u I love your layout. Very Classy.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    The slow dancing,wedding cakes and world makes this pack a must buy.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Hearts4u I love how you used the white mushroom chairs for the toddlers to sit on. So cute.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I never put high-chairs in my wedding builds although I use them all the time when I’m playing. I like the idea of having the high-chair at the wedding venue. I think I’ll go with this design for the eating area.

Toddlers-in-high-chair-at-wedding.jpg

Having the punch fountain is better than the bar because everyone enjoys getting and having punch.
    Final-Set-up.jpg

You could give the toddlers their own table, a low coffee table with a couple of toys and some poufs for seating. What is the blue drink in the fountain?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This is the first time I've even seen the blue drink come from the fountain. By mere chance I stumbled upon this and I don't even know why this particular Sim has this option and others do not. Perhaps it is job related. Denton's occupation is in the Tech field and he's currently an Independent Consultant. The blue drink comes from the option to pour Futuristic Punch.

Fountain.jpg

Fountain-2.jpg

@Bluegayle and @Elliandre and to anyone else who likes the layout .....Thank you. :)

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This is the first time I've even seen the blue drink come from the fountain. By mere chance I stumbled upon this and I don't even know why this particular Sim has this option and others do not. Perhaps it is job related. Denton's occupation is in the Tech field and he's currently an Independent Consultant. The blue drink comes from the option to pour Futuristic Punch.

Fountain.jpg

Fountain-2.jpg

@Bluegayle and @Elliandre and to anyone else who likes the layout .....Thank you. :)

I think that flavor is tied to mixology level.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top