Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    caliposs wrote: »
    I have to say, I find it a little amusing that the Sims community needs to designate a "positive thoughts" echo chamber thread so as to serve the schism between those who want to critique and those that want to acclaim the pack

Hey, here's your "negative thoughts" eco chamber thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997290/my-wedding-stories-negative-thread Feel free to use it :)

No thanks, @caliposs. I'm against echo chamber threads of any kind, even in the particular instance I happen to agree with what is being echoed. I think it's important as humans to resist that natural urge to gravitate towards those that only reiterate what we already think and believe. Unfortunately, with the state of the Sims community, they might be required :(

So are you are going to go into that thread and say the same thing? It would only be fair, as both threads are "echo chambers" are they not? Otherwise what was the point in saying it here?

I didn't know that other thread existed Sara

Cool. Thanks for clarification.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,847 Member
    I've been doing the positive thoughts threads for several years now. Just as a gathering place for simmers to share their excitement for the game. Constructive criticism is more than welcome and if you read through any of the threads you'll see that we get plenty of it. It's all about how you say it. Not what you say.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I've been doing the positive thoughts threads for several years now. Just as a gathering place for simmers to share their excitement for the game. Constructive criticism is more than welcome and if you read through any of the threads you'll see that we get plenty of it. It's all about how you say it. Not what you say.

And for myself I will say I am really happy you do. And I agree constructive criticism is welcome.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Wish they made a Greek expansion pack . Don’t get me wrong I think the wedding pack world is beautiful but I would have mean nice to incorporate ruins and Greek museums maybe even added in a tourist guide , hospitality , archaeologist jobs and hotels could have been added .
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    In a perfect world they would sell the new world separate from the buggy mess that the gameplay provide, then I would be very intereted in this pack

There’s going to be a pre-game patch to fix the bugs. I really think the pack will be fine by the release date.

So do I.

I agree <3
    Gosh, you peeps sound super confident. I'm crossing my fingers and toes cos I will be so upset if it is still a buggy mess. I am so looking forward to getting my sticky mitts on the beautiful Tartosa.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2022
    Slow dancing is not tied to an object.

mSTym1I.png

KzZ5Pgc.png

HDnU91F.png

YFLfpqN.png

XAkXDjR.png

PXWJo6v.png

This image and all that follow are made possible by the EA Creator Network/GameChanger early access program.
    Software not final.
    *KICKS YOUR DOOR DOWN*

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

This makes me happy that it's not tied to one object and I am all for it.

Do wish when they kiss it would be just breaking away from dancing to kiss. Would have been nice for a small kiss of sorts just to keep the smooth flow of the animation. This dancing is so extra, but I do like it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Wedding attire. Mostly in white to show detail.

X4TpxYt.png

wYRhruu.png

cpaKuCn.png

Ulu1sk6.png

Personally love all the dresses that came with the pack. From simple to more elegant styles. They all look nice. Like how many can be used for formal dresses and don't have to be too niche with just being a wedding dress.

Don't mind the whole 'veil' complaint since it'd end up having to be attached to a hair anyway, since I haven't seen a veil be able to fit for like all styles of hair without bad clipping.

More so complaint is wantin ga bit more variety in men outfits always been a problem in ALL sims games with variety. That and needing more pants that go all the way down to their ankles. Don't mind snug and tight fits and some shorter, but they definitely out weight any pants that are ankle length. Not to mention I find myself using the same shoes for formal when pants are too short just not enough shoes to cover them up.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!

Have you seen the premades lore? And the premades relationships? This is our good old sims! I love it! I live for it! OMG!!!!! So good!!!

If you haven't, you absolutely must check it out. Pixelade was showing it on his stream
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

mSTym1I.png

KzZ5Pgc.png

HDnU91F.png

YFLfpqN.png

XAkXDjR.png

PXWJo6v.png

This image and all that follow are made possible by the EA Creator Network/GameChanger early access program.
    Software not final.
    *KICKS YOUR DOOR DOWN*

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

Do wish when they kiss it would be just breaking away from dancing to kiss. Would have been nice for a small kiss of sorts just to keep the smooth flow of the animation. This dancing is so extra, but I do like it.

One of the Game Changers said the Slowdance is too quick. It doesn't last long enough. This concerns me.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2022

mSTym1I.png

KzZ5Pgc.png

HDnU91F.png

YFLfpqN.png

XAkXDjR.png

PXWJo6v.png

Software not final.
    *KICKS YOUR DOOR DOWN*

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

One of the Game Changers said the Slowdance is too quick. It doesn't last long enough. This concerns me.

watching pixalade's livestream. he shows slow dancing at 55:26 and the animation looks to take 30+ sim minutes. I thought it looked long enough.

https://youtu.be/1fPxnrhm4b4?t=3325
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

mSTym1I.png

KzZ5Pgc.png

HDnU91F.png

YFLfpqN.png

XAkXDjR.png

PXWJo6v.png

Software not final.

thats great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!

Have you seen the premades lore? And the premades relationships? This is our good old sims! I love it! I live for it! OMG!!!!! So good!!!

If you haven't, you absolutely must check it out. Pixelade was showing it on his stream

I actually avoided watching that part because I don't want (m)any spoilers about it, but I appreciate your comment because your reaction gives me hope that I won't be disappointed!

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    I was going to post their pics and stories but now I'll leave it for simmers to discover. Or maybe post with a spoiler.
    edited February 2022
    I was going to post their pics and stories but now I'll leave it for simmers to discover. Or maybe post with a spoiler.

NO, you can post them, I'm good at looking away quickly if it's something I don't want to see. Just maybe use the spoiler tags.

I definitely do not want to be the one held responsible for you not sharing things....this crowd has been vicious when deprived. ;)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I definitely do not want to be the one held responsible for you not sharing things....this crowd has been vicious when deprived. ;)

Lol. 😄
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,184 Member
    I have to say, I find it a little amusing that the Sims community needs to designate a "positive thoughts" echo chamber thread so as to serve the schism between those who want to critique and those that want to acclaim the pack

Just as simgilrl makes positive threads.I usually make the negatives ones.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Could we have a thread for lore found in the new pack? Then people could decide whether to look or not.

And, imo, you both do a great thing by doing that. Both are in the same forums, so it's not really an echo chamber....it just keeps the conversations on topic.

If you combine them into a single thread, it just becomes an argument and most of the posts in the thread end up being people arguing back and forth about who is "right" and who is "wrong" instead of actually having posts which add anything new to the thread.
    telemwill wrote: »

Could we have a thread for lore found in the new pack? Then people could decide whether to look or not.

Good idea. I'll start a thread on the families later today.

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yay. Lore!

mSTym1I.png

KzZ5Pgc.png

HDnU91F.png

YFLfpqN.png

XAkXDjR.png

PXWJo6v.png

Software not final.
    *KICKS YOUR DOOR DOWN*

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

watching pixalade's livestream. he shows slow dancing at 55:26 and the animation looks to take 30+ sim minutes. I thought it looked long enough.

https://youtu.be/1fPxnrhm4b4?t=3325

Did he show the line dancing?
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    No, he did not @catloverplayer
    Ziafar wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I'll have to hit him up for it. I tweeted Deli this morning and asked her if she would show the line dance
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,184 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

And, imo, you both do a great thing by doing that. Both are in the same forums, so it's not really an echo chamber....it just keeps the conversations on topic.

If you combine them into a single thread, it just becomes an argument and most of the posts in the thread end up being people arguing back and forth about who is "right" and who is "wrong" instead of actually having posts which add anything new to the thread.

Precisely, that's why having both a positive and negative thread helps. That way all simmers can voice in peace.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd love to see more of the dancing features as they are my favorite. I'm a huge fan of dancing.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top