May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,745 Member
    edited February 2022
    I gotta say, I am happy that they included some masculine formal clothing with this pack. I have wanted that for a long time.

lt25DT3.png

It's good that they also kept the flowers that you can attach to them as separate accessories too.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Here's a lot size map that was posted on Twitter so we can all start planning builds. I was blown away when they said we were getting 9 lots in a game pack!

I am thrilled we’re getting 9 lots. And a couple good sized ones too. I don’t really like the 64x64, but anything under that is fine by me.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I gotta say, I am happy that they included some masculine formal clothing with this pack. I have wanted that for a long time.

lt25DT3.png

It's good that they also kept the flowers that you can attach to them as separate accessories too.

Yes, I’m glad the male and masculine sims finally get a little something, too! The poor guys / masculine sims need some CAS love, too! ❤️
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am glad we are going to have another beach world. Also happy to see that sims can now be walked down the aisle and have flower pals, etc...just adds more details that are nice.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,575 Member

lt25DT3.png

I really want to stretch that sims trousers down to his shoes... what's with all these ones stopping short?

I can't wait to play in the new world. I've got some building to do first though and I just discovered I had forgotten to set up the builds in Selvadorada and Granite Falls in my current game so I gotta do those too, darn it.

I wonder if we could vacation in one of those worlds and get married whilst there...
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I really want to stretch that sims trousers down to his shoes... what's with all these ones stopping short?

That's actually my biggest complaint about men's fashion choices for the entire game. There's not really many options where the pants aren't too darn short. I mean, masculine fashion in the game is severely neglected as it is, the least they could do is give us pants that fit properly!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited February 2022

lt25DT3.png

I can't wait to play in the new world. I've got some building to do first though and I just discovered I had forgotten to set up the builds in Selvadorada and Granite Falls in my current game so I gotta do those too, darn it.

I wonder if we could vacation in one of those worlds and get married whilst there...

I'm not sure why a lot of trousers are stopping short. Maybe the sims team thinks it looks better. Maybe it's easier to model too as you don't have to cut the model of the shoes that they are wearing.

I think you can, didn't they patch so you could get married when you are on vacation?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,480 Member

lt25DT3.png

It's not just the pants, the entire suit looks like it is about three sizes too small.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

lt25DT3.png

It's not just the pants, the entire suit looks like it is about three sizes too small.

I have always thought we should be able to lengthen ( stretch) the pants, and some of the skirts would look nicer longer too.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

lt25DT3.png

That might be the point? Not everyone can afford to rent or buy a new suit for a wedding, and might end up borrowing one or wearing one they've already outgrown.

It could also be a fashion fad. I don't really keep up with those though.

I like that the looser suit with turtleneck looks a bit rumpled though. It also looks too big, so another case of borrowed or hand-me-down clothes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,480 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

lt25DT3.png

That might be the point? Not everyone can afford to rent or buy a new suit for a wedding, and might end up borrowing one or wearing one they've already outgrown.

It could also be a fashion fad. I don't really keep up with those though.

I like that the looser suit with turtleneck looks a bit rumpled though. It also looks too big, so another case of borrowed or hand-me-down clothes.

Sure, that might be the case, for a guest. But grooms usually buy or rent a suit that looks good and fits them well.
  • Options

lt25DT3.png

Yeah, funny enough, the suit to the left looks a bit too big, and the suit to the right looks a bit too small. It will be interesting to see how they will look on sims with different bodies.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    To me the left one kind of looks like he had slept in it lol.
    About the "short style" pants. Where I live I see lots of men wearing this kind of (funny) style. Must be really trendy- although I do not like it on my Sims at all. Tt looks like these pants must have shrunk during washing :D
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited February 2022
    Super excited & already commented on the poll on how I can't wait to throw venues in every neighborhood. Fingers crossed that we can put a venue in Selvadorada & Granite Falls. Gonna love the builds that hit the gallery. Know I'm gushing but I haven't been this thrilled since Dine Out (yeah, it's buggy now). One of the very few simmers that like Luxury Party stuff pack (pairs well in Myshuno), so it's a huge plus to see slow dancing, more event apparel, decor, furniture, activities: buffet table, toasting bucket & last but not least, a new tea set!!!

Oh, and now they're gonna sit down during the wedding? Buying this just to experience that, haha.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member

lt25DT3.png

The boutonnieres being an accessory made me very happy! I was so worried they would be tied to the new clothes. I wasn't too impressed with the clothes from the previews, but I think they may look better ingame.

I don't necessarily mind if slow dancing is tied to the dance floor. I sometimes use a mod for dancing together, and the clipping through objects is insane.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    I'm also curious about the timing of events.

LgObRpf.png

Also vow renewal will show up once the couple is married.

On the Vow Renewal, fingers crossed* that it recognizes existing married couples. Otherwise, gotta lotta couples with license issues heading down to City Hall.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am looking forward to having the new world in my game, looking forward to seeing what it will look like with seasons. Will not buy it straight away, since I would have to check mods and CC I would like to have more than a world show for it. At some point there will be gameplay that is right for me and then I will definitely get this pack too.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    @Haflinger, welcome! 😊

ETA: Everyone else is welcome too. 😄 I just remember having so much fun with Haflinger in the JTB positive thoughts thread.

Thanks @simgirl1010!!

Speaking of Batuu, I sent a couple of sims there the other day. I finally got a chance to binge my way through the first six episodes of Book of Boba Fett this weekend and just about lost it at live action Cad Bane so I felt the need to go putter around Star Wars Land for a bit.

And I’m pretty sure I can tie this whole topic together with my next planned save which are some geeky sims that are gonna get married with the new pack (and you can bet they’re gonna have a lightsaber duel at the reception! 😂)
    Sounds awesome. lol

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,602 Member

Thank you for the link!

I will say, I think they did a solid job with the afro-textured hairs and the men's clothing this time around. Some of the women's clothes I do like as well, but I think the complaint of it being a bit too matronly dress designs isn't wrong. I feel like they could've afforded to have a few more younger/more youthful dress designs.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Thank you for sharing @simgirl1010, I’m very happy The Sims Community made a post about the assets coming with the pack. I personally like all of the assets shown, and I especially cannot wait to see my Sims dressed up in some of these outfits! And the rings 🤩 I’m thrilled to get more rings in game. How exciting!

It’s a shame it’s still unclear what the future holds regarding the current situation, but I’m crossing my fingers Russian players get the game pack alongside the rest of us so they can play too!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Thank you for this! 🤗👍 So much nice stuff!! 😍

Is that one B/B item on bottom left a food stall or some kind of machine…?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm looking forward to this pack and hope it's half as good as the hype.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Is that one B/B item on bottom left a food stall or some kind of machine…?

That's the flower stall for the bouquets.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top