We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,378 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm also curious about the timing of events.

LgObRpf.png

Also vow renewal will show up once the couple is married.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,902 Member
    @Amapola76 this is from the Sims Community:
    There are six new social events that your Sims can throw related to weddings. Engagement Dinners, Rehearsal Dinners, Bach Parties, Wedding Ceremonies, Wedding Receptions, and Family Gatherings.

So I am guessing you can arrange a Wedding Ceremony on a morning and then after that has finished, arrange a Wedding Reception for the evening. I think you can't book more than one event for a single day (not 100% sure) but the second one may be bookable after the first one has finished.

That would make sense. I guess I just have used previous events so rarely that I've never tried to book more than one in a day, so I wasn't sure how that would work.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Strangely enough, one of my greatest hopes for this pack is Cottage Living-related. When we first got the HoB map, my plan was to get rid of the park in the forest, and put some sort of old historic chapel there. I thought I would designate it as a museum, most likely, or perhaps a library, but I would also set it up so that weddings could be held there.

However, I was never able to complete that plan, because I'm not a great builder myself, and I was never able to find exactly what I was looking for on the gallery. But now that we will have the new wedding venue for base game, and some of the new windows and doors for the pack, I feel like the odds of me finding something appropriate are going to go up considerably. So I'm very excited about that!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I also didn't particularly care for the backyard setting. Everything looked too crammed together without enough room for sims to move about. I'm wondering if having the ceremony and reception in different spaces might have made it progress a bit more smoothly. Maybe a two story venue with the ceremony on the first floor and the reception upstairs. Or a larger space for an outdoor wedding with the reception inside.

I feel the same. Also, having the lot type assigned has an impact on Sim behaviour and one would have to assume that the new type of "Wedding Venue" would make some kind of difference.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I also didn't particularly care for the backyard setting. Everything looked too crammed together without enough room for sims to move about. I'm wondering if having the ceremony and reception in different spaces might have made it progress a bit more smoothly. Maybe a two story venue with the ceremony on the first floor and the reception upstairs. Or a larger space for an outdoor wedding with the reception inside.

I feel the same. Also, having the lot type assigned has an impact on Sim behaviour and one would have to assume that the new type of "Wedding Venue" would make some kind of difference.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the lot type. Wonder why they didn't have it at a wedding venue. 🤔

#EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm pretty sure you can book multiple events in one day as long as the times don't overlap... but im not sure
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    edited February 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can book multiple events in one day as long as the times don't overlap... but im not sure

Yah, you can already schedule a ton of events all in the same day right now if you want. The only limitation is they cannot have the exact same starting time. So you could schedule 24 different events, one starting at each hour on the hour. Those would be some real short events though. :lol:
    And technically, you can also start events "right now" from the phone or computer at any time, so you could do even more in a day if you cancel out to end an event in progress and then start another one.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Something I am wondering… What about bridal (or couple’s) showers? Would that be under family gathering or perhaps be grouped with the engagement or Bach party? 🤔
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,328 Member
    Something I am wondering… What about bridal (or couple’s) showers? Would that be under family gathering or perhaps be grouped with the engagement or Bach party? 🤔

Any of the above, probably. We had a joint wedding shower rather than Bachelor/ette parties, while a friend of mine had a "Bachelorette" party that was more of a bunch of geeks getting together to have a party (it was co-ed and held at a local Sci-Fi convention)
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Any of the above, probably. We had a joint wedding shower rather than Bachelor/ette parties, while a friend of mine had a "Bachelorette" party that was more of a bunch of geeks getting together to have a party (it was co-ed and held at a local Sci-Fi convention)

I figured it could be perhaps folded up with one of the above events.

Cool that you went to a scifi convention! :smiley: I love going to conventions, too!

Yeah, my family and family friends are either more conservative, modest, or geeky, so they didn’t have the usual wild bachelorette parties and had either bridal and/or joint baby showers (*ahem* some brides got pregnant before being married, and there was no shaming) or had bachelorette parties in more wholesome or tamer places like a gaming arcade place and a couple of karaoke places, etc.
    (She/her)
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    This pack is perfect for my play style, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm into family & generational play, and family events like weddings are a big part of it. Right now I have my sims get married at either the big parks, or at a couple of museums, it will be nice to have a couple of areas dedicated to events.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

JfpvVZ8.png

I thought it looked very awkward. I wonder if the lot layout was one of the problems with the Livestream? I noticed no one sat down at the table to eat. The buffet and cake were so far away from the table too.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I've been putting together several songs for dates, parties, family events and the wedding reception in anticipation of My Wedding Stories. I'm glad they removed the time limit for events in this pack because the time always ended too soon for me.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Carl's Guide
    8.5 minutes

https://youtu.be/yVYcIrE97Jk
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't have Twitter to ask and I haven't seen this asked in any of the threads. But does anyone know this.

Glad to see slow dancing is back, but is it exclusive to this pack or will it be available for base game in an update?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,420 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I don't have Twitter to ask and I haven't seen this asked in any of the threads. But does anyone know this.

Glad to see slow dancing is back, but is it exclusive to this pack or will it be available for base game in an update?

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure they clicked the rug to get that option, and since that rug is part of the pack, I would say it's pack exclusive like the JA Rumbasim is.

• ZiafarZiafar Posts: 672 Member
    Bu perhaps we can put the rug in other worlds?
    edited February 2022
    Ziafar wrote: »
    Bu perhaps we can put the rug in other worlds?

It was a dance floor, not a rug. The base game doesn't even have dance floors, does it? Aren't they from Get Together?

We do know the new Dance floors are tied to the pack, as they showed it in CAS (with the icon for the pack showing on them)

The only real question is if they made it part of the same interaction pie menu as those other dance floors or not. Either way though, you'll almost surely need the pack for the actions because they most certainly wouldn't roll the feature into an update that adds even more to some other game pack.
    The only outstanding question in my mind is, if you have both packs, will the new dances be available on all dance floors, or just the ones from the Wedding pack?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for answeing. @Chicklet453681 I guess I was so excited when watching I didn't even notice the dancing was tied to the dance floor. I did notice the dance floor though.

Sims can still dance via the radio, they don't have to have the floor. Now I'm wondering if its solely tied to the pack floor or if it will be available for all dance floors.

I also think the New World, CAS and BB items are well worth getting this pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited February 2022
    (She/her)
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 641 Member
    I’m so happy they brought back slow dancing and not only that but kids can slow dance with adults!! How freaking cute!! I’m holding off playing my main save because they just got engaged and I want them to partake in this new pack!!

Hopefully we won’t be disappointed because I just read a few days ago that the dance is tied to the dance floor they showed in the vid which would mean that you cannot click on a radio wherever your Sims couple are and choose slow dance. If that is truly the case, then I’m done! We had to wait eight years to get a slow dance and then being tied to only a dance floor? No thanks!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

JestTru wrote: »
    Thanks for answeing. @Chicklet453681 I guess I was so excited when watching I didn't even notice the dancing was tied to the dance floor. I did notice the dance floor though.

Sims can still dance via the radio, they don't have to have the floor. Now I'm wondering if its solely tied to the pack floor or if it will be available for all dance floors.

I also think the New World, CAS and BB items are well worth getting this pack.

Where did you get the info that slow dance is available via radio? All I read was that it is tied to the dance floor.

edited February 2022
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

Where did you get the info that slow dance is available via radio? All I read was that it is tied to the dance floor.

You are misunderstanding his/her original post. S/he said sims can "dance" via the radio, not that they will be able to "slow dance" via the radio in the new pack. You both share the same concern that in the new pack the slow dance will be tied to the dance floor.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

You are misunderstanding his/her original post. He said sims can "dance" via the radio, not that they will be able to "slow dance" via the radio in the new pack. You both share the same concern that in the new pack the slow dance will be tied to the dance floor.

Well since the subject was slow dance I assumed that her answer referred to slow dance.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    Here's a lot size map that was posted on Twitter so we can all start planning builds. I was blown away when they said we were getting 9 lots in a game pack!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top