Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2022
    @haisin Sounded like Lilo had a grand old time just doing a dog's on thing. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about Lilo's day at the wedding--😂. Dogs just hold a special place in my heart.

Back on topic: One thing that I was excited to see is the six different types of events coming with this game pack--in particular the Family Gathering. I always have weekly get togethers with my Sims' families; so, now I can schedule it as it should be.

In one of the threads, someone said they felt "giddy" about the new game pack. Totally agree with their sentiments because I'm giddy with excitement to have this in my game and I can't wait to discover all it has to offer. To all the Simmers out there who feel this was made for them--I'm right there with you.

The little things and care they took with My Wedding Stories is evident; it feels like they went all out on this one--amazing.

My Wedding Stories makes it feel like.......
    love-is-in-the-air.gif

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    what they did show was good, but I would of loved to see the veils for the wedding dresses.

I wanna see this as well.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Yay! A nice summary of the info!

Ohh! So some of the beach areas are swimmable, yes! 🤗👍
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @haisin Sounded like Lilo had a grand old time just doing a dog's on thing. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about Lilo's day at the wedding--😂. Dogs just hold a special place in my heart.

Back on topic: One thing that I was excited to see is the six different types of events coming with this game pack--in particular the Family Gathering. I always have weekly get togethers with my Sims' families; so, now I can schedule it as it should be.

In one of the threads, someone said they felt "giddy" about the new game pack. Totally agree with their sentiments because I'm giddy with excitement to have this in my game and I can't wait to discover all it has to offer. To all the Simmers out there who feel this was made for them--I'm right there with you.

The little things and care they took with My Wedding Stories is evident; it feels like they went all out on this one--amazing.

My Wedding Stories makes it feel like.......
    love-is-in-the-air.gif

Yes, I’m still happy to get this pack, too! Glad to hear other folks are excited and happy about the pack! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    The world is very pretty. I love the little shops. I can see using this world in many of my playthroughs.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes, I’m still happy to get this pack, too! Glad to hear other folks are excited and happy about the pack! 🤗👍

Yep, very nice that not everyone is negative. While I have compassion and empathy for the other things going on that aren't so positive, that doesn't change my feelings about this upcoming pack. The pack is looking like it will be in my top 3 favorite Game Packs for the game once I get it, just based on what we saw today.

I am just avoiding the "negative" threads and twitter, because honestly, focusing on the negative is just a great way to lose sight of all that is positive, which I find to be a miserable way to live. This is true for life and the world as a whole, not just games.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I believe the only veil that's coming is the one that was seen in the trailer, the veil over the face with the long hair. They mentioned it in the livestream at timestamp 27:54. The veil is attached to the hair.
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Yep, very nice that not everyone is negative. While I have compassion and empathy for the other things going on that aren't so positive, that doesn't change my feelings about this upcoming pack. The pack is looking like it will be in my top 3 favorite Game Packs for the game once I get it, just based on what we saw today.

I am just avoiding the "negative" threads and twitter, because honestly, focusing on the negative is just a great way to lose sight of all that is positive, which I find to be a miserable way to live. This is true for life and the world as a whole, not just games.

Yeah, this is one of the packs I am eager to put into all of my saves like my top favorite packs of Seasons, Parenthood, Vampires, and Island Living. I recently got Cottage Living, Laundry Pack, Knitty Pack, and Realm of Magic, and I’m getting so much use of these as well.

Weddings are just one of the many things I would love to enhance in my game, and this pack will also add a new world, which is great and a big plus. :smile:

(It’s been getting so bad, I’m starting to use the ignore and block functions for all of my Sims community social media, and that’s been helping my mood lately. I already have so much depression and anxiety irl, so I really don’t need more downer talk and negativity to add to something that is supposed to be my fun activity, especially in a community around a game I love playing.)
    (She/her)
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    There are many little things that I like in this pack, such as drawing in the sand, making your own bouquets with Seasons, the tea sets, couple dancing, the flower shop and the champagne bowl. The world and the wedding arches are beautiful too.

I really like the boutonnieres, though I'm not sure how much I'll use them outside of weddings. I hope I will use them because I don't have weddings that often. I wish we could have seen the new jewellery. I think the dresses and suits are okay, I guess I was waiting for something that didn't come in this pack, but we already have good dresses and suits in the older packs and I do find some of the new dresses very pretty. Only saw the full body outfits, so maybe there will still be something nice for males, at least there's the shirt with a loose tie.

I want this pack, though I'm worried how smoothly the weddings will go, but I want this.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022

I agree, this pack offers so much and yet some insist on focusing on what it doesn't have instead. I am super excited about it. I used to do weddings in my game all the time, but frankly they got really boring and even though I tried to make them fun I mostly quit doing them. But now I am excited to have them again because this pack opens up so many choicesas to what kind of wedding we can have. It also opens the possibility to have our sims have wedding related businesses when combined with Get To Work, as you can sell the wedding cakes, and Ninja confirmed we can not only make bouquets with the flower arranging table from Seasons but we can sell them too! So I intend to totally redo my Magnolia Promenade into "wedding central". I just saw so many possibilities!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I'm actually getting more excited than i expected. LOL I'm thinking of changing that tiny home on that island into an airbnb rental. It will make a nice escape. For my sims of course. I wouldn't be able to afford it in real life. Probably why I love my sims so much as they can afford it all if they want.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I was at work during the livestream and based on what I've read I'm going to skip it so I appreciate all the summaries!

This is definitely a pack that will improve my game, if only because I've thrown so many weddings at this point that I need the variety of options. I'm pretty good at managing them and even get screenshots of guests sitting down on occasion, but I am ready for all the new customization and the additional events. I wish the livestream had shown more of the new events so we could know how much they'll add to the game. As for the glitches during the wedding... not surprised, will learn to work around them like I do the glitches with base game weddings. And I probably won't end up buying it before the first post-pack patch. I will wait until I can get a sale price on a bundle and get everything else I want but don't have in the same purchase.

I haven't read anything that says for certain whether the slow dancing will come in the pack or the patch, can anyone confirm? I understand that the wedding venues lot type will be base game. That will be helpful to me if I throw my next wedding while waiting to buy the pack. Still not sure about that - on the one hand it would be nice for the groom's twin to be there as best man and maybe his little sister as maid of honor (if teens can do that), but on the other hand it could be a month or two and I'm not sure I want to pause my main save for that long.

I can't help but be excited though on behalf of my couple that will be getting engaged early in my next rotation. I could definitely have the engagement party and a family ceremony this round and then the wedding next time. And they're super rich so they can literally use any new feature money can buy.

Did they say anything about honeymoons? There was a mention of them in the blog after the trailer but was there any more detail added in the stream?

I might end up having my one sim open a bakery instead of a grocery as I intended now that you can make and sell wedding cakes...

I'm really looking forward to this pack.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

Did they say anything about honeymoons? There was a mention of them in the blog after the trailer but was there any more detail added in the stream?

The only thing remotely relating to honeymoons that I heard, was that there is a rental lot and 2 new lounge chairs were coming that could be put in inventory. But other than that, I didn't hear anything else but I also missed the first 5 minutes so it's possible it was mentioned during that time.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't care what anybody says, they put a lot of love and dedication in this pack. Livestream presented it badly but from all the info I'm gathering it's a great pack. 👍 so much customization and I'm loving loving the slow dance options. I actually like that the animation does not look overdone and overly flirty since I don't play too much romance I'd like to use some of these options for non romantic sims too that just has close relationships.
    More sand options and messages in a bottle! Nice touch.

I'm so happy for the tea! World is a dream and everything looks great! Anything that doesn't work quite right as some are pointing out, I will work around it like I always do. Sims don't always behave but it never stops me from having fun fun fun so this is an instant buy for me.

Still a bit disappointed it wasn't general romance so we didn't get a lot if barely any sweet couple moments 🥺 but hopefully it could still potentially come in another pack. And the tea..... in the livestream I was screaming like NO HE DID NOT JUST PICK UP AND PUT DOWN THAT TEA IN THE AIR!! like not even close to the table he was 6 feet away!! 😂😂😂😂 lol but oh well still gonna enjoy that tea.... oh and I wanted to see the bowing tea interaction!! That's so awesome if my royal sims can be properly served 🤴👸
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I agree, this pack offers so much and yet some insist on focusing on what it doesn't have instead. I am super excited about it. I used to do weddings in my game all the time, but frankly they got really boring and even though I tried to make them fun I mostly quit doing them. But now I am excited to have them again because this pack opens up so many choicesas to what kind of wedding we can have. It also opens the possibility to have our sims have wedding related businesses when combined with Get To Work, as you can sell the wedding cakes, and Ninja confirmed we can not only make bouquets with the flower arranging table from Seasons but we can sell them too! So I intend to totally redo my Magnolia Promenade into "wedding central". I just saw so many possibilities!

Oh wow one of my sims own a shop and I haven't thought of this! Great idea!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Looking through the summary on the SimCommunity, there are lots of stuff I really like, so yeah, this pack is a must-buy for me. (Will have to deal with the glitches until patch time, lol.)
    (She/her)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Also weddings aren't timed so you might be able to have weddings last multiple days.

I really want to try having a wedding at a huge rental or resort and invite a lot of family and have them stay for multiple nights. I'm not sure how the ceremony goes for weddings that last several days. I mean I've never been to a wedding so I don't know how to make a realistic ceremony tbh.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    edited February 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Also weddings aren't timed so you might be able to have weddings last multiple days.

I really want to try having a wedding at a huge rental or resort and invite a lot of family and have them stay for multiple nights. I'm not sure how the ceremony goes for weddings that last several days. I mean I've never been to a wedding so I don't know how to make a realistic ceremony tbh.

Oh, I forgot they aren’t timed! And I’ll have to double-check, but you won’t fail if you don’t do everything on the checklist, either…?

The stained glass windows, new lounge chairs, those lovely pergolas, and chairs with both non-floral and floral choices, etc. It’s definitely going to have some nice B/B stuff, for sure! 😁

I wonder…. Could the boy children wear the flower girl dress outfits as well (and vice-versa for girls wearing the little suits)?
    (She/her)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how this table has a rainbow lining option

rainbow.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

I wonder…. Could the boy children wear the flower girl dress outfits as well (and vice-versa for girls wearing the little suits)?

Yeah, they actually showed both the male and female children's attire on the female child sim in the game during the live stream, was just easier to show the suits on her rather than switching to another Sim (there wasn't even a male child in the active household).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Yeah, they actually showed both the male and female children's attire on the female child sim in the game during the live stream, was just easier to show the suits on her rather than switching to another Sim (there wasn't even a male child in the active household).

Ahh, I must missed that when I got back into the stream. Thank you for letting me know!! 🤗👍

So it should be able to do the reverse as well, then. I wanted to make sure flower pal CAS was not overlooked. I’m so glad it wasn’t! 🙂
    (She/her)
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    When it comes to new CAS items, I need to try them out in game to see how I like them. Because certain outfits just look better on certain Sims, its always good when they add a variety of CAS items.

This base game dress is one of my favorites for weddings because it really looks beautiful on any Sim.
    Wedding-Dress-2.jpg

This is one of the prettiest cc dresses I've ever come across. I was hoping it would one day make its way into the game.
    Wedding-Dress.jpg

@Hearts4u
    That dress is stunning~ Where can I find it?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Marnetti You can find it on The Sims Resource. Created by: Colores Urbanos

Link to the original mesh: https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/1375183

Link to the re-color: https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/1375183

Back to topic: The cakes are nice and big--proper wedding/party cakes with so many choices.
    New-Cakes.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    @Marnetti You can find it on The Sims Resource. Created by: Colores Urbanos

Link to the original mesh: https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/1375183

Link to the re-color: https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/1375183

@Hearts4u
    Thanks!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif

Leave a Comment