Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Newspaper

I would love the newspaper delivery to come back. I would like my Sims to read the paper in the morning with a cup of coffee. Maybe the paper delivery could be a part-time job for a child Sim. They could look for coupons. Read obituaries and find out what Sims died in the game recently. Odd jobs could be found here and volunteer opportunities.

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would love for the newspaper to make a comeback too! It would especially be good for elder play and non-modern era gameplay.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I would love this so much! What’s the point of having journalists and critics write columns and articles if there’s not a newspaper to pretend they’re writing for?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Don't forget the crossword/puzzle page as another way to build Logic, and career listings (I want the old system back where every job wasn't immediately available).

Could also add in things like classified ads for finding a blind date or purchasing used items for a discount (some items might be broken/dirty on receipt).

Maybe ads/coupons for retail shops or market stalls having sales would allow you to visit and buy things at a discount. Add in haggling for even further discounts on stalls.

Maybe ads/coupons for venues would allow discounts on drinks, food or invite sims to special events with relevant celebrities (book signing with author, small concert with musician).

Coupons for free/reduced price home services and deliveries.

Weather reports for all the worlds.

Also the ability to subscribe to magazines/periodicals for various hobbies, skills and careers. These could be fun to read if you have a preference for a related subject, give career boosts if you work in a related field and even boost skill gains.

So many options.

However, I'd also like a digital version of newspapers and periodicals via tablets.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Fashion magazines and the option to frame them if your sim is on the cover for those sims that pose for photographers. Would also be nice to have travel magazines and national geographic type magazines that sims could read to gain knowledge about fish and stuff.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would love for the newspaper to make a comeback too! It would especially be good for elder play and non-modern era gameplay.
    That's exactly why I would want a newspaper I want to play in a world that is not modern give me newspapers landlines and a black and white option for television I want to play through generations of Sims not be stuck in a modern world where everyone has cell phones.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I almost forgot all about the magazines in Sims 2. Yes, we got magazines delivered too didn't we. And if the Sims read them, their interest in the topic increased. It would be nice if they brought that back. And crossword puzzles for logic building.

I love the idea of reading news from other worlds. Vampire attack reports from Forgotten Hollow lol.

It would be nice to get a print copy delivered by mail and also a digital copy for the tablet. I don't use the tablet hardly ever. It needs some magazines and a newspaper.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It was always great in the older games to have a free item right off the bat that your poor sims could use to build logic and entertain themselves.

Now that we have recycling, it would a great daily item for your sims who need to recycle regularly.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would love the newspaper delivery to come back. I would like my Sims to read the paper in the morning with a cup of coffee. Maybe the paper delivery could be a part-time job for a child Sim. They could look for coupons. Read obituaries and find out what Sims died in the game recently. Odd jobs could be found here and volunteer opportunities.

Yes I miss the paper as well. 😢
    I would like an option for word searches, sukudo added along with crossword puzzles.

I liked in TS3 you had an option to cancel the paper as some techno Sims wouldn’t use them.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I'd love it as well, though I would need to choose the days newspaper would be delivered. Every day is simply too often.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p