Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think will come with the lore update?

We saw the updated concept art for Bella, Mortimer, and the Caliente sisters back in November. Who else do you think they'll remake? Do you think it's likely that they'll include pre-established relationships for storytelling similar to Snowy Escape?

My headcanon is that the setup in Willow Creek takes place a few years before the events in Pleasantview, but after the events of TS1. Going by that, I would predict:
- Bella aged up to an adult.
- Bella & Mortimer drifting apart, with maybe a poor relationship between Dina & Bella (since Dina was married to Bella's brother Michael Bachelor)
- Don apparently being in a relationship with Katrina-if the devs decide to keep her.

Do you think it can be "fixed" to match previous games, or that the devs will choose to go in the same direction (alternative timeline)?

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would also like to know what else they planning on doing for these updates.
    I hope it's not just their appearances they're updating. They should also update their personalities and relationships. They could have custom sentiments towards other sims, be friends or enemies with other sims, and give them custom likes and dislikes.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I would think they would do some sort of likes/dislikes, and they should also change Nina's aspiration. Sentiments towards other Sims would be amazing!!
  • Options
    Mum2DJLMum2DJL Posts: 4 New Member
    Do we have any ideas yet on when these updates will happen?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I'm really looking forward to this update. Updating likes and dislikes and adding sentiments is a great idea. Although I only remember reading that they wanted to update the Caliente's genetics, so I'm not sure how big this project is. There is not much you can write in the household biography with the small limit. It would be nice if they could increase the limit to write longer, more detailed information or have biographies for individual Sims. I really enjoyed giving each Sim a biography in Sims 2 and having a household photo album. Maybe on the Sims website they could set up a blog for all their Sims with some fun biographies or stories to go with them. The only other game I can think of that had really great lore that I loved is Dragon Age. That was amazing. You could find little books everywhere and learn about people and places and add them to an index to read. If the Sims had the lore accessible in gameplay somehow that would be fun. Maybe through the computer or another book similar to the spell book. Maybe a cell phone Facebook style app so as you play and visit new places and meet new people you can collect the information somewhere. Or maybe something more simple like a new section in the notebook. This might just be a small project though, with a makeover in CAS and new bio notes. I enjoy those too, that's how I got extra Pancake kids.
  • Options
    Mum2DJL wrote: »
    Do we have any ideas yet on when these updates will happen?
    No word yet, but I'm wondering because it's been quite a while since they showed those renders. Maybe late spring?

Hopefully they decide to do something similar to CL and WS where everyone shares gossip! I want to learn more about Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    My hope is the Lore Update comes before or around the same time as the rest of Story Progression/Neighborhood Stories, so we can see how this impacts autonomy amongst the premades.

I think (hope) they'll add elements from patches and all packs to all the premades (homed and homeless), but obviously they wouldn't show up on those sims unless you have the pack.

Example: Mortimer Goth.

In previous games he was a Scientist, but the career came with BG. Maybe he is taking a sabbatical from that in TS4. He could be given the hidden "Was_Scientist" trait, and have unlocked some of the inventions. This would allow him to experiment in his basement and rejoin the Scientist career with some progress if GTW is installed. I would also expect him to have skills for Logic/Writing.

He might have a (or more than one) degree in Physics or some other subject, this would allow a career jump to a few choices of career with DU installed, putting him at a more suitable income level for someone in the Adult life stage.

He would more than likely have the Indoorsy lifestyle with SE installed (both Writing and Science are indoors) which would suit someone of such a pasty complexion. I also think he may be a bit of a luddite and a Technophobe, as the house has no modern technology, even the kitchen has a wood-burning stove and an old ice box.

The whole family is well-known and well-established since the original Sims game, and are well-known pillars of the community. For this reason, I think they would have at least some level of Fame with GF installed, even if it's only a couple of stars. They would also have a Good Reputation, unlike the Landgraabs, who are more infamous.

Sentiment-wise I think there would be some kind of rivalry between Nancy Landgraab and Mortimer Goth (the heads of household) due to the latter's unscrupulous business practices and monopoly being a bad thing in a small town.

The Goths always had a family graveyard in previous games, with old family ghosts added. As ghosts didn't come until a patch, I would hope to see their home and family tree updated with the tombstones/urns of family members and have the ghosts be premades too.

For Preferences, I would assume he Likes Black and Red, maybe has a preference for Classical Music (he owns a piano) and enjoys Logic (missing Preference) due to his Science days. Writing could also be a Preference. With DHD he would probably have a Preference for Queen Anne style furniture.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    A correction it should be noted in the Sims 1, Mortimer was described as being "cheerful and outgoing, with a fondness for bugs", so he most certainly isn't indoorsy.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited February 2022
    Destruction of my sim kingdom probably
    I've already edited everyone to my liking
    and added sims from ts2 that i miss
    and their life is good

now I just worry I will have clone war coming up
    and I don't think the new EA versions will win
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thetford wrote: »
    A correction it should be noted in the Sims 1, Mortimer was described as being "cheerful and outgoing, with a fondness for bugs", so he most certainly isn't indoorsy.

In that case his home should definitely some have collectible insects if OR is installed. Also possibly pond bug spawners outside.

I don't necessarily think he would get Outdoorsy either then, as he would spend time both in and out of doors.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @EmmaVane I love those ideas! Especially the idea to add degrees to the Sims who already have careers. I usually make Mortimer a Scientist again, because I played him with this career for so long. I imagine him as writing scientific articles or blogs in my game.
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    New CAS Face details
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Destruction of my sim kingdom probably
    I've already edited everyone to my liking
    and added sims from ts2 that i miss
    and their life is good

now I just worry I will have clone war coming up
    and I don't think the new EA versions will win

Any potential lore updates would realistically only affect new game saves; not established ones.
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    I guess they won't restore the family tree from The Sims 2.
  • Options
    My guess is that the lore update will be released at the same time as the pronouns update and they will make some already existing sims transgender.

This sounds super unlikely and cause division in the community since it goes against all pre-established lore. E.g. if Cassandra Goth suddenly identified as transgender, that would directly contradict what we see in TS2. My guess is they'll add new nonbinary/transgender townies into the game!
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    edited March 2022
    whats that pronoun update ? what other pronouns are there than he/she/it ? when is this update gonna come ? lol

But seriously if they change existing sims thats not ok for me, new ones maybe idc but re-writing history is not ok with me. I mean dont get me wrong im all for all inclusivness... Lobo i made him a girl, if you take them and transform them its allright but changing a alrready exisitng character like Cassandra Goth, its people and their phantasies of re-writing history i dont agree. Its a choice for me, id rather it remains that way ! I hope my choice to play classic style is not taken away from me.... :)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    whats that pronoun update ? what other pronouns are there than he/she/it ? when is this update gonna come ? lol

But seriously if they change existing sims thats not ok for me, new ones maybe idc but re-writing history is not ok with me. I mean dont get me wrong im all for all inclusivness... Lobo i made him a girl, if you take them and transform them its allright but changing a alrready exisitng character like Cassandra Goth, its people and their phantasies of re-writing history i dont agree. Its a choice for me, id rather it remains that way ! I hope my choice to play classic style is not taken away from me.... :)

The pronouns are going to be she/her, he/him, they/them, and then there will be a custom setting...my guess is that they'll release that sometime around June for pride month, maybe?