Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today just feels special...

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Anyway, sharing this for no reason in particular at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFeZr5ptV8
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Must be the sims birthday giving you little stomach butterflies!! It's a special day indeed!!😌
    vsGOwe0.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Yarp! We're 22 today 🥳🥳

Let' celebrate our wonderful 22 years! I was 14 when The Sims came out and my sister was obsessed, but I didn't start playing until last year.

Do you have a favorite moment from The Sims series? What's the hands-down b e s t pack we ever released? Let me know!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited February 2022
    20 years for me. I didn't start playing Sims until we were halfway through The Sims' shelflife.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    20 years for me. I didn't start playing Sims until we were halfway through The Sims' shelflife.

I would say that plants you firmly in the "Old School" Simmer ranks.

Thanks so much for sharing, and for sticking around with us for 20 years!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Happy B-day to one of my favorite franchises of all time!!! B)

I'm not sure if I have an 'all-time' favorite simming moment, but my favorite recent gameplay has come from having my sim living in an RV on the beach of Bridgeport...
    Sometimes you have to leave the hustle and bustle of the big city for something more peaceful and relaxing, while of course having the AMAZING view of the city.
    efM2cGL.png
    b3WGclx.png

I would have to say that my favorite pack to be released was Open for Business, I had wayyyy to much fun with that pack.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    The puberty was painful but now The Sims is an young adult who learnt responsibility.

I wish The Sims will find stability and have children :p
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    Since day one, I have enjoyed everything and am glad to see the Goth family staying in the game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I've been playing for 22 years and I've enjoyed every iteration of The Sims. My favorite pack would be TS2 Open For Business with TS4 Cottage Living coming in at a very close second.

Thanks for 22 years! ♥️
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    Mine is Bob and his girls. He was such a loving father to all of his kids that he had (with my sim). His legacy still goes on. Oh, and my fav pack would be Generations, for sure <3 Family gameplay ftw!
    2-7-2019-21-11-11.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I started playing TS2 around the time seasons came out, my husband and I had just started working opposite shifts and it made my lonely days a bit better. I think my favorite pack has been realm of magic. It’s simply because it’s the pack that first sparked the interest of my daughter, it’s so great to spend time together being silly and creative with the game now!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Happy birthday The Sims! Thanks for the woohoo education! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I don’t remember when I first started playing The Sims!
    I’m sure I’ve shared this anecdote before, but anyway… my first Sims experience was Sims 1 on console. One of my Sims died in a fire and I freaked out when the Grim Reaper arrived, and vowed never to play the game again… famous last words hahaha.

I did eventually get Sims 1 on PC but I only ever had the base game. I made liberal use of the klapaucius cheat and would build big houses with all the expensive furniture, so all my houses looked fairly similar.

I don’t have a favourite moment, or even a particular favourite EP. I like bits and pieces from all of them (the ones I have, anyway).
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Happy Birthday dear Sims.

I've think I have started 2004 with Sims 2, but my laptop hadn't enough power, the game crashed with the intro. But a year later I've started with playing Sims 1 and the addons which were bought a few days later. It helped me through a rough time, being alone in a foreign Country several thousand miles away from home, with a mean boss and a torn ligament.

Best memory, hands down, was seeing a little toddler, named Mandy, climbing out of her crib in Sims 2. Unforgettable.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    My husband and I visited my sister and her then boyfriend at their apartment in 2000, when I was 21. They had Sims 1 and I got to play it a little. Enjoyed it enough to buy the console version, and that was that. Later I bought Bustin' Out, then Urbz, Sims 2, Castaway, then Sims 2 for PC, Sims 3... didn't get into Sims 4 until 2019, but I'm enjoying it now.

It's hard to pinpoint a favorite moment or pack after all these years. I am still really fond of Downtown in Sims 2, with its gritty city vibe, occults, the mystery around the Tricous and the House of Fallen Trees. So I guess Sims 2 Nightlife is a stand out.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited February 2022
    Happy Birthday Sims!! 🎉

I didn't start simming until around a year before TS3 Supernatural came out. That was my first ever EP. I always knew about the Sims franchise but never played any of the previous games. That was, until TS2 Ultimate Collection was available for free on Origin.

As for favorite moment, I can't really think of one.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There is no BEST when it comes to the sims. Although I'm in love ts3's alpha look ts4 is my favorite and most longest played sims game. I was too little for ts2 and not old enough to have a good pc for ts3 without crashes.
    Every pack adds something to the game no matter what it is!! I have a few top packs but every pack makes it what it is collectively. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    I hope too see many more years of ts4!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Happy Birthday, Sims! I started playing after Sims 2 came out. I would watch my daughter playing it and she finally talked me into trying it. I was hooked! I haven't stopped buying and playing the Sims series since then. I can't say which pack is my favorite as I enjoy all the packs in all the games. I loved getting seasons in 2, 3, & 4, and really enjoy World Adventures in 3. But I wouldn't enjoy them as much without the gameplay and items from all the packs I own! I still play 2, 3 as well as 4 when time allows. If I get bored in one I am playing, I return to another. Sims Medieval is great too and I sometimes play that as well. I know in the near future I will have more time to play each of the games and know I will not be bored!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    It’s my 10th anniversary with the Sims. I started playing TS3 when Showtime came out. One of my favorite S3 stories involves a flirty sim trying to work his way up the singer career, but kept getting killed by his karaoke machine. After reviving him 3 times only for him to face the same fate, I dug into his relationships. Turns out, it’s not a good idea to date and dump Holly Alto. He moved out of town.

My favorite S4 story involved Morgyn Ember, Grim and Father Winter all on one Winterfest Day. Short version: Morgyn’s guest drowned in his pool. Grim was bribed with a death flower but stuck around for the festivities. Father Winter showed up, crying because someone died. Morgyn consoled him with a present. Father Winter gave him a MySims statue for Christmas, but Morgyn declared it a great Winterfest anyway. 😀

I love the randomness. Happy Birthday, Sims!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited February 2022
    What's the hands-down b e s t pack we ever released? Let me know!

That must be Makin' Magic :heart:
    250px-The_Sims_Taikaa_Kansikuva.png

I was just a little bean when sims 1 was releasing and my sister had some of the packs she let me play

but it was Makin' Magic that made me a simmer :blush:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I started playing around 2004-2005, I think. I bought the original game in Tesco of all places, got the expansions for Christmas that year and ended up buying the successive games (and many of the packs).

I loved the quirky humour of Sims 2 in particular but hated the long load times. Sims 4 is often buggy for me but I think I like the style the best, which is weird considering that I didn't like it when the concept art was first released. I also like the hybrid option of open neighbourhoods, which are a good compromised between open world and closed world games.

In an ideal world I would like to see Sims 4 free of bugs, and have dragons and faeries and historical content for me to play with.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member

My favorite pack is Sims 3 World Adventures. I got it at the same time I got the S3 base game. I loved exploring all 3 new worlds. It took me a long time to get through all 3 locations and I kept worrying that my sim was going to get killed by a mummy. Just thinking about it makes me want to go play through WA again.

Completely done with EA

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited February 2022
    Happy Birthday To The Sims!!!!! So i started playing in about 2011, and i was always on The Sims 2 Website, downloading custom content and reading stories. I now own all of the sims 2 games and still play to this day! i also started with the sims 2 for PSP and it is so much fun! then i went to the sims 3, but still like the 2nd one the best. i now also play the sims 4, but still like 2 the best!
    My favorite TS2 pack is University, and Bon Voyage.
    TS3- is Generations, also like island living
    TS4- So far seasons, City Living, and Strangerville.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't recall what my favourite pack was in the original game. I loved Makin' Magic but I could never get enough of the magic coins and I didn't know about the dragons until after I stopped playing.

In Sims 2 my favourite pack was Seasons, closely followed by Freetime and Apartment Life.

In Sims 3 it has to be Seasons, Supernatural and Island Paradise

In Sims 4, Seasons, Realm of Magic and Get Together. I'm not predictable at all. ;)

I loved the story element of Castaway Stories but the game was less fun to play in the sandbox mode. I've had fun with The Sims Medieval as well but I wish that one was more sandbox.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.