Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

seriously??

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
ok so we all remember the occasional antisocial visitor that just goes straight for the computer yes? yep i know we can now make computers only usable for household members.. great! so now people come visit me just to go mirror practice or jog!! why visit someone just to mirror practice?? given it is not as weird as visiting someone just to chat via the computer but still... why visit me in the first place if you're just gonna be anti-social and stand in front of a mirror all day wasting my time! i get it, sims are weird creatures but this just looks like lazy programming to me, same as the endless usage of the same old 5 socials (weather talk, and especially complaining about it or the fish whatever talk).

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't seem to have this problem in my game. I think occasionally I have had a sim go jogging but never the mirror thing.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    Some friends are selfish like that. Others pick up trash and do your dishes after you went to bed. :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Been there! I don't invite neighbors or relatives over unless there is a club (then it's easier with "go here together") or sy visiting a restaurant. I find it even worse though when visiting another household:
    - Knock, knock!
    - Come on in!
    Nobody there to greet me?
    1st floor is empty, I better sit down and wait.
    30 minutes and still nobody to greet me?
    60 minutes... I better walk upstairs to check if anyone is around at all...
    Finds one adult sim, head of house, busy at computer.
    - Oh hi, please give me one more hour and I will be right down there with you. Just need to troll this forum first.

In fact, why do they answer that knock-knock if hey would rather not have visitors?

Was it in TS3 that a sim would come to the front door to welcome you?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol I hate the way visitors and dates or friends on an outing act. I get so flattered to be invited then the sim that invited me is in a world or his own doing random things.
    I feel like it's such a disconnect though club's can help some. What I do is move all sims I want to go out into a household together and have the outing. That way I have full control. It's the only way I can tolerate it lol. then I just move them back when finished.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    In fact, why do they answer that knock-knock if hey would rather not have visitors?
    I always answer knocks at my door, hoping there's a parcel!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022

I totally agree, it's so crazy! I had that happen recently when my active Sim visited her parent's house and I actually couldn't find them anywhere in the house..I checked all 3 floors and the basement. No one appeared to be home.

I ended up finding her dad on the far side of the lot, outside, gardening. And her mom wasn't home at all.

I use a mod that adds doorbells to the game and it lets you play "Ding Dong Ditch" ... that's my revenge for how people don't actually greet my Sims at the door.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    My Sim's next younger brother usually stays long enough to prank a toilet or two … Now, his older brother (he has three brothers and one sister), helped out with the laundry one time when he came over. That was nice. Erik and his wife now have six children. (Talk about a Full House.)
    Any help provided is welcomed. In the past I've had drop-ins who spend their time on the computer. Sometimes I'll 'lose' a guest which can be problematic. Erik is a Global Superstar and has a Stan, as well as two Obsessed fans. The gate can't be left unlocked for very long. I have to know when the guest(s) is wishing to leave, so I can unlock it to let them out and then lock it again. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hate how family outing's end. I had Dan Bheeda take the whole family to the beach, when it got dark i sent them all home. Dan Bheeda is standing outside while the other four family members are still doing the same things as they were before they went to the beach.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Lately I've had randoms walk right into my house. It's a private dwelling and I have the doors and gates restricted. But it's still not enough to stop the most determined townie from walking right into my house. They always go right for the fridge and help themselves to leftovers like they live there. I even had two randoms enter the house at the same time because apparently they smelled birthday cake from across town and thought they'd invite themselves in. My household has spellcasters and vampires in it so I usually zap the intruders to make them stop. There is no option to make them leave because they were never invited in in the first place. It looks like what's happening is walkbys get hungry and they think my house is the place to go to grab a snack, even though there is a vendor stall the next lot over. The nerve of these randos! :D
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    Lately I've had randoms walk right into my house. It's a private dwelling and I have the doors and gates restricted. But it's still not enough to stop the most determined townie from walking right into my house. They always go right for the fridge and help themselves to leftovers like they live there. I even had two randoms enter the house at the same time because apparently they smelled birthday cake from across town and thought they'd invite themselves in. My household has spellcasters and vampires in it so I usually zap the intruders to make them stop. There is no option to make them leave because they were never invited in in the first place. It looks like what's happening is walkbys get hungry and they think my house is the place to go to grab a snack, even though there is a vendor stall the next lot over. The nerve of these randos! :D

My family be suffering with the simple living option activated and randos, the welcome wagon or whomever just helps themselves to left overs and I have no more ingredients to make ore...ftttttt.

Wish I could put a lock on the fridge. Pretty sure my sims get tired of drinking glasses of water. :s
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Finvola wrote: »

ohh don't get me started on the random generated pears...i freaking hate that trash! and yeah they are pretty rude! i had this happen once when i was living in sulani... the random pear met with an unfortunate "accident" but i was really ticked of especially since i don't want randoms anywhere near my sims or in their house.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    My Sim’s boyfriend came over and ended up using the family’s bath… he must’ve had one of those “soak” baths as he had the cucumber slices on his eyes, but I don’t know which one. Or maybe it was a mud bath, I don’t know. Either way it was a bit odd.
    My Sim’s boyfriend came over and ended up using the family’s bath… he must’ve had one of those “soak” baths as he had the cucumber slices on his eyes, but I don’t know which one. Or maybe it was a mud bath, I don’t know. Either way it was a bit odd.

not as weird as visiting someone else just to either chat to them via the pc even though the very person is sitting on the couch near the pc >.< or visiting someone just to practice debating in the bathroom mirror :/ would you visit a friend just to talk to yourself in a mirror your entire visit???
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

The computer thing always happens unless I lock it, but I've never had the mirror or jogging haha. When guests come I always make my Sim greet them and thank them for coming and socialize with them. I don't mind that though compared to the computer. At least they stay in the living room then and are sitting on the sofa and not wandering around or sitting on the beds. When I use the off the grid lot trait I am always going to other Sim houses to use their computer, so now when I see it because I forgot to lock it I just decide their computer must not be working and they came over to use my Sim's computer :lol:
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member

not as weird as visiting someone else just to either chat to them via the pc even though the very person is sitting on the couch near the pc >.< or visiting someone just to practice debating in the bathroom mirror :/ would you visit a friend just to talk to yourself in a mirror your entire visit???

Fair point. I wouldn’t just run myself a bath without asking if I visited my boyfriend’s house, but yeah, just talking to yourself in the mirror is stupid.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    I have noticed the mirrors when people come over in a bad mood. I think they're using the mirror interactions to try to settle themselves down.

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I have noticed the mirrors when people come over in a bad mood. I think they're using the mirror interactions to try to settle themselves down.

I think that's also why they put cucumbers on their eyes on jump in the bath too...I've only seen that happen twice, but both times the visiting sim who did it was in a really foul mood.. Very Tense, I think.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Good example of why it would be nice if sims had more ways to comfort eachother depending on the relationship. And the animations to go with it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Lol I hate the way visitors and dates or friends on an outing act. I get so flattered to be invited then the sim that invited me is in a world or his own doing random things.
    I feel like it's such a disconnect though club's can help some. What I do is move all sims I want to go out into a household together and have the outing. That way I have full control. It's the only way I can tolerate it lol. then I just move them back when finished.

This neatly describes one of the biggest problems with sims4 that might be an artifact of its having been originally conceived as a bunch of avatars in an online world: everything they do together, in stark contrast to sims3 and sims2, they seem to be doing alone but next to someone else.

Dancing together is just dancing by yourself next to someone else who is also dancing alone. Earing together is just eating, sometimes talking and sometimes getting up abruptly to go eat on the bed upstairs without warning. Playing basketball together is just shooting hoops while someone else does it too, pretty much by themselves but near others. Everything that is supposed to be 'together' seems like fake together, just singleton, non-interactive.

So in social groupings, they still act like they are each in their own universe, with no unit cohesion, nor group awareness, and no basic underlying idea that behavior as part of a group is differentfrom just doing your own thing apart from everyone else.

It's off-putting how thin a veneer the seeming interactivity really is in sims4.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited February 2022

Fair point. I wouldn’t just run myself a bath without asking if I visited my boyfriend’s house, but yeah, just talking to yourself in the mirror is stupid.

correction: visiting someone else to talk to yourself in the miror XD if only they would do it in their own home... i'd frown but yeah... some people have peculiar hobbies... but visiting someone else to do it is just next level of stupidity, even for sims!