Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Play A Sims MMORPG?

13...Next

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited March 2022
    > @CuriousCarrotTop said:
    > honestly I look into and consider any even remotely appealing MMORPG that I can afford since I love the genre and have had fun with other MMORPG games before, but ultimately it would depend on a lot of what the game looked like, featured, etc as well as pricing (I can't, nor would I even if I could, do monthly pay to play a la WoW for example, but I am cool with a one time purchase). I'd be curious at the very least and hopeful for a fun one, I think there's potential though I personally doubt the sims franchise will ever go full MMORPG

I want to add though (and can't edit?) I would NOT want an MMORPG Sims as like, an official next gen sims game like TS5, I would want it as a spin-off to the franchise. I would prefer all main Sims game including TS5 remain single player with a gallery for sharing things like sims and builds like what we have now in TS4

Why not make it part of the Sims Medieval universe, It's already a spin off game with a proper setting, there's also Elves to boot however the main issue is the royal family everyone wants to be either King or Queen, my solution is that we can get around that with a simology system, where players can pick 1 or 2 premade sims to be related to, whose to say that the King and Queen haven't tried the 100 babies challenge and ended with 100 + playable heirs instead.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm too shy! So, I prefer to play with NPCs.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    That would a negative for me as I already play a MMO game called World of Warcraft. But even in that game, I am a lone wolf and would rather just be left alone to do my thing my way and have very little contact or socialization as possible. Yes, back when I started playing WoW just before Burning Crusade came out, I was in a guild and doing guild things with the other members. But over time, the guide just didn't grow and was disbanded when the Guild leader had to stop playing to take up a job to help with her family when the husband got laid off of work. I then just kept to myself with the exception of 1 or 2 other players until another player got all mad at me because he claimed that I didn't know how to play my Mage because I kept dying. So after that incident, I just don't group up with other players and when someone sends me an invite to group up to do the quests, I decline and go somewhere else to play until until they leave the area. I only group up with people that I know that play the game which these days is zilch since the hubby hasn't played WoW in almost 2 years. So yeah, I wouldn't touch a Sims MMO with a 10 foot pole.

I play Wow the same way you do, for basically the same reasons. Got tired of dealing with numbnuts who can't behave around other people. I'm better off alone, doing my own things.

Anyway, I also played TSO, and later EAland until it was shut down. They have tried online multiplayer with sims before, they didn't quite succeed. Yes, it was fun playing with friends, but there was really not that much to do, at least for me. You worked on skills, so you'd make more money. Watching your sim sit for hours reading a book to learn cooking is not fun. I was a host in a skill-house, so I had to watch lots of OTHER peoples sims read books. Our house was practically always full, but nobody was talking. They were too busy being AFK doing more interesting things than watch their sim skill up.
  • CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    Well, maybe.
    > @CuriousCarrotTop said:
    > honestly I look into and consider any even remotely appealing MMORPG that I can afford since I love the genre and have had fun with other MMORPG games before, but ultimately it would depend on a lot of what the game looked like, featured, etc as well as pricing (I can't, nor would I even if I could, do monthly pay to play a la WoW for example, but I am cool with a one time purchase). I'd be curious at the very least and hopeful for a fun one, I think there's potential though I personally doubt the sims franchise will ever go full MMORPG

I want to add though (and can't edit?) I would NOT want an MMORPG Sims as like, an official next gen sims game like TS5, I would want it as a spin-off to the franchise. I would prefer all main Sims game including TS5 remain single player with a gallery for sharing things like sims and builds like what we have now in TS4

Why not make it part of the Sims Medieval universe, It's already a spin off game with a proper setting, there's also Elves to boot however the main issue is the royal family everyone wants to be either King or Queen, my solution is that we can get around that with a simology system, where players can pick 1 or 2 premade sims to be related to, whose to say that the King and Queen haven't tried the 100 babies challenge and ended with 100 + playable heirs instead.

oooo yes I think that would be a good way to do it! I never played Sims Medieval but I've seen good things, I think there could be potential with them trying something new with that!
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    No way!

Sims. When I want to play my story
    Sims is my creative venue. When I use reshade, mods and CC to tell stories to amuse myself. I really really enjoy it.

MMO's. When I want more fantasy and amazing worlds
    When I play MMO's and I have spend years doing that I am looking for another experience. Then I was in a guild, I wanted to explore fantastical magical worlds.

There is not enough of the magical and fantastical in order to make me go for a MMO in the sims. In the beginning I had such problems just staying in the real life world that is the sims. I wanted the ability to tell stories exported to some fun world but that never happened. Instead I mod my lots with CC to try to bring some imagination to it.

I can play in SWOTOR, WoW for a MMO or just start Mass Effect or Dragon Age any second when I need my magical/imagination fix. I have accounts and it's already on my computer. It will not be my story in the same way as the Sims, I cannot plonk down a teenager with zero credits and see where life takes her.

The realism players will never want to play in the same world that I need in order for me to even think about starting a MMO. I look for different experiences when I play MMO and when I play the sims so I have no interest of experiencing sims in that way.

Can't we just have one magical fantastical world in the sims that you can live in.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    No way!
    I play fantasy MMORPGs and I like them for what they are. If I'm playing Sims I just want it to be like the classic single player experience it's always been. If I wanted to go to a bar with my friends, why would I do that in a Sims MMO when I could just do that in real life? And if I wanted to enjoy the occult aspect of Sims, why would I do a watered-down Sims MMO version of that when I could just play a real MMORPG?

When I play Sims I like playing occult families and having multiple generations. I like seeing my Sims have babies, grow old, die, and have the next generation take over. You don't get that in other games. Sims should stay with what it's best at.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    No way!
    I've never felt any desire to play MMORPGs. I love the Sims this way, me, my simmies, and their stories. I love the escapism, I can join them in their world and leave my world behind. Having other people in there too spoils that.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't mind an MMO option but I hope it isn't strictly MMO. I don't really play multi-player and do prefer a stand alone game.

I suppose it depends on what or how the MMO will be incorporated.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No way!
    I tried a few a very long time ago. It's not my cup of tea. I remember being excited to see what Maxis had done with The Sims Online, (when it was new) I didn't like it. The only other Maxis online thing I tried (other than exchanges and gallery etc.) was Simport. That was poorly implemented, and I got requests (thousands) to host other people's Sims in my game. Yes, I'm aware that isn't really an MMO however, that many requests got to be a hassle and all those strangers I did befriend so they could host Sims in my game and get their badges etc. just wound up taking over my Simpage and I was no longer even the 'owner' of my own page anymore. It was very badly done in my opinion and so was The Sims Online.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TwinMagicTwinMagic Posts: 23 Member
    No way!
    The Sims as an MMO game does not sound very intriguing overall... What we are going to have Occults as classes? :/

But the main thing for me and The Sims is that I like to play the game because is an easy game that you play and relax! No hassle and tension, or always to be ready for anything that the game might throw at you!

Many times I spent 2-3 hours in building mode without even noticing that I was trying to build something for 2 hours and doing nothing!:p
    Other time like other we might create a household with a story to play... I do no need anyone else to do this things!

HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind some online and co-op features (even if they implement them now in Sims 4).
    1. Allow players to visit my world and for me to go visit other worlds. No editing allowed for the visiting players! -> Many times I see some people that put alot of time and effort in their worlds (full themed rebuilts) I would love to actually visit those worlds than just seeing them in pictures, or reproducing them in my world by destroying everything that I have or making a new save or whatever!:p

2. I would also love to be able to build with someone, like a joint project!! -> So I can start with the ground floor my friedn with the basement or the garden, and continue as we go!
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    Well, maybe.
    I answered Well Maybe, but after thinking on it, I think it would be fun to have a community world where everyone could send their sims to vacation, shop, interact with others, and maybe for social players, make it possible for your sim to buy an apartment and/or open a business in the online world.

I am have always been a single player especially in RPGs but I would love to have a big city like Paris, London, etc to visit with my sim.