Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the second winter kit?

The clues on the roadmap image was two vibrant kits with fierce design.

Vibrant made me think of Carnaval, and fierce made me think of drag queens. The first kit features carnaval clothes and a famous drag icon.

So what's the second kit? I have no idea personally.

Comments

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Wasn't it said to be tattoos or tattoo themed? Or was that just a theory?
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Wow! I hadn't heard that, but it would be amazing.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Initially, I was expecting something Asian, to go with the tigers and peacocks, but then relevant timing wise, I would have expected that first, as Lunar New Year is this coming Tuesday, with then the Carnaval pack at the end of February (to coincide with Mardi Gras in the US)

Basically, I expected February to be really packed with releases, and the rest of the quarter to be relatively quiet.

Now, with the upcoming food update being Lunar New Year related, I'm thinking that covers the Tiger (year of the Tiger), but there still may be something Asian in the works.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wasn’t the later verbal hint something like, “Power to the Max?” Or was it like, “Extreme to the Max?”
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Wasn’t the later verbal hint something like, “Power to the Max?” Or was it like, “Extreme to the Max?”

Extra to the Max!

The first thing I thought of was Hilary from Fresh Prince. Or something 90s. Goof troop. No idea. This will be exciting to see.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I think it'll be a BB kit with plenty of animal prints and loud colors.
    Happy simming!
    Nushka wrote: »

I wish CAS had a way to filer animal prints, camouflage and other designs. I was trying to make a celebrity who loves animal prints and it took forever to find the furry jacket that I knew was in there somewhere.

I'll be surprised if this is BB, but a happy surprise. Gawdy decor is lacking and some of my Sims have eccentric tastes.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

I wish CAS had a way to filer animal prints, camouflage and other designs. I was trying to make a celebrity who loves animal prints and it took forever to find the furry jacket that I knew was in there somewhere.

I'll be surprised if this is BB, but a happy surprise. Gawdy decor is lacking and some of my Sims have eccentric tastes.

My tacky Sims need love too! 💖
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Extra to the Max!

The first thing I thought of was Hilary from Fresh Prince. Or something 90s. Goof troop. No idea. This will be exciting to see.

Hmm, so it’s very “extra”. So maybe… it could be an extreme fashion collab? Or something that is a collab with one of the CC creators? They mentioned that there will be some collabs with CC users, so maybe it’s part of that, but with a certain theme?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The hints so far have been "vibrant kits", "fierce design" and "extra to the max" so from that I'm thinking either maximalist furniture with bold patterns or out-there clothing. Personally hoping for the former since we just got clothes
    Onverser wrote: »
    The hints so far have been "vibrant kits", "fierce design" and "extra to the max" so from that I'm thinking either maximalist furniture with bold patterns or out-there clothing. Personally hoping for the former since we just got clothes

[Jaw drop]

Today I learn that I'm a maximalist in the Sims, but maybe a bit of a monochromatic one. I can't make any rooms grey, white, beige, or brown. I constantly use the confetti wallpaper in teal or purple with movie night furniture in bold colors.

I think I'm going to love this.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The clues on the roadmap image was two vibrant kits with fierce design.

Vibrant made me think of Carnaval, and fierce made me think of drag queens. The first kit features carnaval clothes and a famous drag icon.

So what's the second kit? I have no idea personally.

Probably related to Year Of The Tiger
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

No animal prints
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    I dunno, fierce formal clothing perhaps? They haven't done a kit like that. Something like crazy dresses and suits that you see people wear on fashion shows.

When I hear "Power to the Max" I think of energy drinks and extreme sports. Googling it gives me bicycles. But that doesn't go well with fierce designs.

Power to the max is probably related to a message with the brand that they are collaborating with or something.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I dunno, fierce formal clothing perhaps? They haven't done a kit like that. Something like crazy dresses and suits that you see people wear on fashion shows.

When I hear "Power to the Max" I think of energy drinks and extreme sports. Googling it gives me bicycles. But that doesn't go well with fierce designs.

Power to the max is probably related to a message with the brand that they are collaborating with or something.

Maybe it's new gym equipment or body building stuff, like a mirror sims can check their muscles in.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I maintain 'fierce' and the tiger go together. I don't know where it points us.

As to Max, Ava Max, perhaps? Or Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian? Or a rainwear set with macs.
    Would be nice if we got a real tiger to prowl about in Sulani.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Not that I'd object to a tiger, but out of curiosity why Sulani? Sulani is inspired by the Pacific Islanders, and tigers aren't exactly native to Oceana. I'd find it less weird to have one in Mt Komorebi (even though Tigers aren't native to Japan either, there's less distance to swim)

Though I suppose Sulani is the closest we have to a jungle where there would be a tiger. Selvadorada would be a Jaguar.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

Not that I'd object to a tiger, but out of curiosity why Sulani? Sulani is inspired by the Pacific Islanders, and tigers aren't exactly native to Oceana. I'd find it less weird to have one in Mt Komorebi (even though Tigers aren't native to Japan either, there's less distance to swim)

Though I suppose Sulani is the closest we have to a jungle where there would be a tiger. Selvadorada would be a Jaguar.

Sulani is tropical and has a jungle feel to it, especially the part where the village is. In Mt. Komorebi a linx or a snow leopard would be nice. A jaguar in Selvadorada would be wonderful. Would love it if they gave us some big cats in the game.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Fierce combined with Year of the Tiger made me think animal prints, perhaps?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Makes me agitated. I've not been happy with packs. I like the looks of the carnival pack, but not sure where they're going with the animal one. Cougar elders? If it's done nice maybe. That type clothing for toddlers, kids, and teens too. I'm afraid it will join the other 2 or 3 kits I'll probably never buy.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I wouldn’t say no to an animal print pack, but isn’t year of the tiger a Chinese New Year celebration kinda gig? So both kits would be parade themed packs? I looked up the meaning for year of the tiger, and it’s about being confident and brave, which the same definition as fierce? They’ve added a lot of Asian packs and updates, wouldn’t surprise me if they are trying hard to tap into that audience?

Tattoos would also be awesome! Asia is famous for its beautiful tattoo style, and we can always do with more tattoos imo
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited February 2022
    Extra to the Max ???

Barbie Extra TV Spot, 'To the Max' is vanity playset dial the passion for fashion up to the max.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'd assumed the fierce/tiger clues were for this kit but having seen the animal-print on Complex Sims’ three update items, I reckon they're for that instead.

That leaves the kit a bit of a mystery. I'd discounted the 'to the max'/fitness connection cos we already got fit kits, but maybe this is workout equipment.
  • masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    Last year we got the Courtyard Oasis kit after the Sims freeplay got the Morocco inspired update.

I'm guessing we will get the Sims 4 version of the maximalist update that was released for the sims Freeplay some months ago. It also makes sense with the Peacock/Tiger elements on the roadmap. It's all about animal print decoration items.

u77-blog-thumbnail.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg