Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog pregnancy - why aren't these features included?

ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So I've been playing with cats and dogs recently, and I have a family with small children and their dog is currently pregnant.

I was so excited about it, till I found that the game hasn't any special feature designed for dog pregnancy-

When the family dog got a pregnancy notification, the only member of the family who got a moodlet was the adult who performed the "encourage to mate" interaction.
I was hoping the little children to get excited as well, but nothing happened at all. I tried to make the children interact with the dog, but they still didn't acknowledge the dog was pregnant, neither the dog got any special interaction for her state. They can't rub her belly, comfort her, get excited about new puppies, anything. As a dog owner I just find this sad!

I wanted the mom to tell the kids about the news after they got back from school, something similar from "sharing the big news", but with the soon-arriving puppies, it would be cute if sims could be able to do this so all the family could get a happy moodlet, and be extra caring with the expecting dog.

I just downloaded a mod that modifies a little the dog behaviour while pregnant, and hopefully that helps a bit with the game immersion, but I'm just sad that these features aren't in game already...

56851884acf7f6fbd9bd253129e3db8d8972f176.png
Edit : When the puppies were finally delivered, there wasn't any family moodlet or interaction at all. All the process was like nothing ever happened??? The puppies were the cutest thing ever tho... 😅
Post edited by Elisdream on

Comments

• Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    Ya I have had puppy babies before and I thought it was lackluster as well