Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My plants are "frail"????

I just started playing again after about a month because reasons (ugh) and I just noticed that all my plants are "frail"? Where the heck did that come from? An update, or because of Cottage Living which I bought myself for Christmas? How do I fix this??
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I saw someone comment on this on reddit, I think it's part of a new update that happened in December
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    I saw someone comment on this on reddit, I think it's part of a new update that happened in December

Thank you, I was wondering. I thought maybe it came with Cottage Living since I just got that pack. Found out all you need to fix it is a golden chicken! Easy peasy. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    What does it mean that plants are "frail" - what effect has it on the gardening?

I did not patch in December, so I did not have this (yet).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Seems like it's just another stage of evolving? I haven't gardened in a while so maybe I'll plant a few harvestables to see.
    What does it mean that plants are "frail" - what effect has it on the gardening?

I don't know, that was my question also. I just know I didn't like it, so I fed a golden treat to one of my hens and she's working on upping all my plants to perfect. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they degrade in quality or stay perfect.

Kind of odd this was added with no explanation from EA on what it is, what it does, etc. I Googled and got nothing.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    T hey should stop adding stuff to games that are already established. Some of my farmers don't keep chicken, and even those who do have a chicken coop or two, should be able to grow their plants without assistance from the birds.

What's next? Will you need to dance samba in the streets in order to get your kitchen stove back to working? I'm afraid EA finds this kind of silly combinations funny and believes it makes the game more interesting. We are not all searching that kind of fun... ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Golden Chickens are more likely to lay Golden Eggs (if they are a hen and not a rooster). You can also ask them for Golden Chicken Help. While Golden Chicken Help is active, your Golden Chicken will raise the quality of any products near it, so this can be a good way to increase the quality of all the eggs laid in your coop from all your hens.

Doesn't sound like a golden chicken is necessary to raise crop levels. You can still do it the normal way by just taking care of your crops.
    Golden Chickens are more likely to lay Golden Eggs (if they are a hen and not a rooster). You can also ask them for Golden Chicken Help. While Golden Chicken Help is active, your Golden Chicken will raise the quality of any products near it, so this can be a good way to increase the quality of all the eggs laid in your coop from all your hens.

Doesn't sound like a golden chicken is necessary to raise crop levels. You can still do it the normal way by just taking care of your crops.

I know, I guess I'm just not appreciative of the fact that my plants always started out as "Normal" at worst and now all of a sudden they're "frail" without giving me a good explanation why, or even what the heck frail means.

Maybe after all my plants are perfect I'll sell the golden hen and start over with another plant and see how much longer it takes to get to perfect quality the old fashioned way, because IMO starting from "normal" took plenty long enough! (And I have my sims fertilize, weed, water, spray for bugs etc. religiously).
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @FatTribble23 I started a new game over Christmas and it was my first new game since 2017, so the first time I've not had perfect plants in a very long time. I grow a bit with pretty much every household I play, even my Sims who live in San Myshuno apartments always grow a half dozen or so plants in pots.

Anywho...it's a LOT slower than it used to be.

My first household in this game, who live out in Old New Henford ended up getting some golden hens who raised up all of their plants to perfect relatively quickly, but the second household is doing it the old fashioned way and at this point both of the Sims in that household have gotten their gardening up to level 8 just from tending their plants; the highest any of the plants has obtained so far is "Nice".
    At this rate it is going to take several generations of Sims before the plants in that house reach perfect.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @Stormkeep Well that's a bummer. Taking several generations to get to perfect is ridiculous. I like a challenge, but good grief! Looks like I'll be keeping my golden hen after all and just find something else to challenge myself besides nurturing plants. Guess my sims will have to nurture their kids instead haha. Thanks for your input. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg