Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of unique expansions would you want to see in TS5?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Something the sims team hasnt done before for a mainline expansion, or huge additions to expected expansions. Would new content would you like to see?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id like to see a Sixam expansion pack that includes a liveable, Sixam world. Tons of new CAS, build and gameplay items. Also this adding aliens. The alien race can have unique actions, and there can be 2 alien races. One more benevolent, one more evill. The nicer ones can build tech that gives human sims special abilities. The evil aliens can build ships and as a player you can abduct sims and wipe their memories (bella goth style!) They could include much more info about sim alien lore in the game 👽

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm nowhere near ready for Sims 5 but if and when it makes an appearance I'd like to see a farming pack similar to Farming Simulator. Farm machines, tools, fertilizing fields, plowing, seeding and planting. Lots of harvestables and a variety of farm animals. Pigs, horses, sheep, cows, and chickens.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'd like to see more packs with interesting/weird backstories for the player to discover. Sims 2 did this a lot with things like Strangetown, Bella Goth and all the other quirky townies but nowadays I feel like we don't really get this sort of thing anymore and it's moved more to "happy families, tell your own story". I want to see the sims reclaim its quirkiness and release more packs where it feels like the team really had fun coming up with quirky stories for a world. Towns with dark secrets, mad scientists, test subjects, villains, dystopian future, wastelands, communities living in the weirdest places, alien worlds, sims that are secretly aliens/occults, etc.

I've probably posted these maps a ton of times, but the creator has such great ideas and seeing them always makes me wish they were real, so gameplay/worlds along the lines of these is what I'd like to see:

dbqjrqg-6b5c21e2-efe6-4c9a-b78e-9d552b87bf7f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU3NDBjZTIxLTRlNjktNDg0ZC05NjkzLTNlN2M2OWE2NzBjYVwvZGJxanJxZy02YjVjMjFlMi1lZmU2LTRjOWEtYjc4ZS05ZDU1MmI4N2JmN2YuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Bq0-BJnq_rDhCRbdF5pSspDOXM46lC9NrrJXlxjvP50
    Mt-Magma.jpg
    avalon___sims_4_fanmade_map_by_filipesims-dbpscsb.jpg
    93afc6ab79e586621a52ae3cd0a9eca8.png
    53658b427a7a312a1bf0d87bfdd06975.jpg
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm nowhere near ready for Sims 5 but if and when it makes an appearance I'd like to see a farming pack similar to Farming Simulator. Farm machines, tools, fertilizing fields, plowing, seeding and planting. Lots of harvestables and a variety of farm animals. Pigs, horses, sheep, cows, and chickens.

That would be nice 😁😁

• StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I'd be happy to see any pack that isn't immediately comparable to a Sims 4 pack (in terms of content). It really depends if EA goes for an online component for The Sims 5. Online packs would be a bit more lively than solo play ones. If they do follow that route, then I'd like to see an athletics expansion, where you are able to compete in sport competitions with your sims versus other people's sims in an online neighbourhood.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    A fairy world or full-under the sea world. Or something like Island Paradise, but with even more water activities and a whole underwater aspect. And more detailed merfolk/mermaids.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I would love an expansion like the sims medieval. The sims medieval would’ve been the perfect game for me if it wasn’t so focused on questing and let us have more sandbox play and family play. So making something similar but as an expansion to the main game would be the best thing ever.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I would love an expansion like the sims medieval. The sims medieval would’ve been the perfect game for me if it wasn’t so focused on questing and let us have more sandbox play and family play. So making something similar but as an expansion to the main game would be the best thing ever.

I bought Sims Medieval, but I didn't really give it as much attention as it deserved. I was probably too busy with other things to devote more time to it.
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    An X-Men, & mutants pack! :D

If Geckos/"Aliens" aren't in Sims 5 from base game (please from base game), I want an EP that is just for us! I mean, them. <_<
    It could correct for the first time that we're Gecko Youkai, and that we're native to Earth like human Sims.
    It could give alternative finger and toe counts, please, and actually include the tail. My "Alien" should have six fingers, four toes, and a devil type tail.
    I'd love to get at least one Gecko, Bat (Vampire), & cetera underground city World that connects to an above ground city World. In fact, I want one for every above ground city.
  • JoeConnor92JoeConnor92 Posts: 5 New Member
    A better version of business running, Sims 2 had is almost perfect and Sims 4 really lacks
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    I want the game to offer players a pack or tools that allow them to use filters to add or block anything in their games and this all bring about different type game play.

For instance I have always wanted to block out particular things (like cell phones and other modern devices) if playing any time era in my head.

However, Sims still wish for one or use one and or are attracted to modern objects etc. It would be great if they would finally give players tools that allowed them to block out (filter) particular clothes styles, any object in the game and any thoughts about such things or gameplay about particular things.

It hardly makes sense for a player to build a world (or use one in TS4) and not be able to build one without roads...and the path the Sims take would be actual paths across the land instead of roads. It hardly makes sense for them to continue to say 'play your way' 'you rule' when no we don't. We have to operate within the realm of their world and nexus.

A developers' pack per se for the masses. Not just about world building but any thing the player can think of should be possible. Remove something from use or existence (block it) and replace it with something else from a different time (offering some of the same gameplay but with an eye on the time period and it's use). It hardly makes sense for players to play off the grid and or a medieval time period or whatever, even the '50's when the Sims still do modern things...like use a fridge but not supposed to have any power...or be living in the fifties but still 2022 cars...players should be able to change the scenery to meet that time period, block out clothes that don't fit that time period, and replace any modern day stuff with things from a different time period. Stories aren't just screen shots but immersion. And the gameplay should be there to add or take away any thoughts of any thing modern or old...and or behaviors of the past and or of now...
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I still want unique expansions for Sims 4. I don't have any thoughts at all about Sims 5. :lol:

I also really want an alien Sixam world to visit and live in. A medieval world with swords, princesses and dragons. A fantasy world with fairies and elves. A zoo with exotic animals. An underwater world for the mermaids. And a pack with playable babies, toys, games and packed with family gameplay.