Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP issue with mods

LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 2
Hi all,

I've been having an issue that seems to be caused by ACR with smart beds. I've used the mod for almost 2 years and never encountered this before.
It seems like two sims have been assigned to the same bed, so neither will sleep if the other is (they are two child sims). The parents do not have this issue. I've tried clearing all assignments from every sim, and I deleted and replaced the two single beds to no avail. My next idea is to delete every bed in the home and see if that helps clear it.

Also, I can't get hoodchecker to work. I don't have access to my PC at the moment, but the error mentions something about SimPE (which I do not have and have been told is unnecessary to run hoodchecker). Uninstalling and reinstalling has not helped. Sorry I can't provide more info at this time.

Hoodchecker is relevant because while the issue of the beds was going on, the sim trying to sleep had bugged thought bubbles. I think it was just due to the mod, but I'm fairly paranoid about corruption. I have clean templates, but I'm worried I put them in incorrectly. I also can't remember if Michael Bachelor's urn was handled properly while my sims shuffled around, I usually put graves on a community lot so out of sight out of mind, but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did with it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited January 2022
    First don't panic too much about corruption. Yes, do your best to avoid corrupting your game, but it's not the end of the world.

Cinebar has played a known corrupted neighborhood for over 10 years. I went through almost 6 generations of a single family in a corrupted neighborhood before I had more noticeable signs of corruption - graves disappeared, I had a couple of invisible Sims that I couldn't cheat dead. The neighborhood was still playable at this state, just not that family with the invisible Sims.

As for the bed issue, what is the relationship between the kids? I know Sims without a high enough relationship will refuse to sleep together in the same bed.

Have you tried another bed? Even temp buying a new bed for them to sleep in. Especially if the bed is CC.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Seera1024 Thanks for the reply! My anxieties are eased a bit, but getting hoodchecker to work again would also be great. I don't think my game is horribly corrupted anymore, since I've never seen random deletions or anything else amiss aside from the weird thought bubbles, which again were probably due to the mod. I also remembered I have the no unlink on delete mod, so Michael's urn (maybe) vanishing isn't the catastrophe I built it up to be anyway.

The kids do not sleep in a double bed, each has their own single bed in one room. Smart beds appears to have assigned them the same bed, or atleast they are always assigned the same bed, as I have experimented with deleting the single beds a few times. I haven't deleted the parent's double bed at all, though. The bed is not CC, and I tried a different maxis bed as well.