Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small things I want for sim children

I would really like sim children to be able to use the easel to create paintings. They were able to in sims 2 and 3. I also want them to be able to play the guitar and piano. More instruments in general for all sims would be nice like drums or the recorder or triangle for children. Children should also be able to do more exercise things like go for a jog or use exercise equipment with a parent supervisor or kid safe equipment like a trampoline or ballet bar. Also maybe jobs such as paperboy. More after school activities such as art club, sports club, debate team, mathletes, chess club, dance or ballet, choir/band, etc.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I missed a lot of the activities kids could do back in 1-3
    specifically missed a lot of the hobbies kids could do in 2 the most like ballet and lemonade stands (though it's kinda doable with get to work but eh)
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    Not gonna lie, I was really disappointed when the kids couldn't vacuum in Bust the Dust lol. My kids noticed that first thing and told me that meant they didn't have to vacuum their rooms LOL!! :D Jokes aside, I miss fun stuff for kids and teens.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Children can already use pianos. Keyboard and Pipe Organ too.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    I just want kids to be able to play with other kids and gain friendship from it. Everything else is a bonus.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 2022
    JAL wrote: »
    I just want kids to be able to play with other kids and gain friendship from it.
    Me too. I miss playing tag and I'd love to see hide and seek and other games.

I wish kids could also take a dog out for a walk and use magic/be touched by magic. (Toddlers too, I want to scruberoo them so badly).
  • aurorabeamaurorabeam Posts: 15 Member
    @EmmaVane I had no idea that they actually could use the piano, can they use the guitar as well?
    aurorabeam wrote: »
    @EmmaVane I had no idea that they actually could use the piano, can they use the guitar as well?

No. There's no child sized version or animations.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ballet, like football, or baseball, like I don't like kits but if they have a kit with gameplay like baseball or throwing a football and other sports I'd be so down for It.
    Yes jogging more excersise because my kids are fat and I'm like how'd they get like this so I'm feeding vegetarian meals to help them lose the weight but we need excersise like jogging or playing tag, hide and go seek like get these kids active instead of just the playground.

That's why I also think an Education Game pack is severely needed.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    More group activities/games not related to electronics.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2022
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Ballet, like football, or baseball, like I don't like kits but if they have a kit with gameplay like baseball or throwing a football and other sports I'd be so down for It.
    Yes jogging more excersise because my kids are fat and I'm like how'd they get like this so I'm feeding vegetarian meals to help them lose the weight but we need excersise like jogging or playing tag, hide and go seek like get these kids active instead of just the playground.

I noticed that my sims gain weight much more quickly since I bought Cottage Living. I adore the pack but yeah, that is a pain.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I would love for my children sims to be able to help around the house and also do music lessons. Music was a big part of my childhood because I played violin for a long time. And also being able to go to the movie theater as a family would be nice even as a rabbit hole
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I noticed that my sims gain weight much more quickly since I bought Cottage Living. I adore the pack but yeah, that is a pain.

I think it's a glitch because I played once they were skinny and then it's like they woke up with weight gain but it's not just them it's all over my game and I also find it hard to get promoted. When I did all what they asked and my Sims meter is all high and the work meter is saying excellent but no promotion.

I think it's a glitch because I played once they were skinny and then it's like they woke up with weight gain but it's not just them it's all over my game and I also find it hard to get promoted. When I did all what they asked and my Sims meter is all high and the work meter is saying excellent but no promotion.

That's very weird. I hope it sorts itself out.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    Great topic. I really want more family gameplay. For kids my wish list includes:

Physical Activities:
    Ballet, Karate, Gymnastics, Jogging, Tap Dance, Cycling, Horse Riding, Football, Golf

Creative Activities:
    Painting, Cooking, Baking, Gingerbread house making, Reading Comic Books, Kites (making and flying), Guitar, Drums, Flute, Saxophone, Science experiments like the potato with toothpicks in a glass of water or growing a small plant in a little pot, mailing gifts to pen pals

Games:
    Tag, Cat's Cradle, Board Game, Lego Building Blocks, puzzles, small teddy bears, hopscotch
    *edited to add seesaw, slide, treehouse/clubhouse, catch with ball or baseball mitt, baseball
    Post edited by Elliandre on
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @Elliandre I liked your suggestions and wanted to elaborate on them because a lot of them are in Sims3.

Karate was a Sims3 thing but I am not sure if kids could do it or not because I never tried it family-style.
    In Sims4 I found it impossible to earn a certain Scout Badge (Keeping Fit or something) because none of the exercise activities Sim kids could do, seemed to count. So I researched it, it was a known bug, and a mod to let kids jog, did the trick, on both my teen and kid Scouts (neither of whom could get any points for pushups or anything else, so only jogging would do it)

Horseback riding can't happen in a game without horses, so again, that's a Sims 3 thing (along with a lot of afterschool clubs and classes, instead of only having the choice of Scouts or Drama Club.

And if Drama Club ever gives Sims4 kids any Acting skill for all the time they put in, I never saw it so I stopped trying with that.

For science experiments, you have the School Projects. The Baking Soda Volcano, the model solar system, and so on, and they can do them with a parent or other adult, or independently.

Hopscotch is also in Sims3, as are seesaws and slides, and play/climbing gyms (rather than just monkey bars), and even an assortment of kids' treehouse/clubhouse options that are really cool (kids can sleep in them, and adults can woohoo in them but not while kids are present obviously)

Lego Building Block table in Sims3 can be used by kids, whereas in Sims4, the only object similar to that can only be used by toddlers according to the description. Very sad, because in Sims3, a parent can play legos with their kid.

And I do seem to recall Sims3 kids playing tag, also.

I got around a little bit of Sims 4 kids not being allowed to do anything, almost, except go to school, by a mod called Kids Can, which lets them load the washing machine and turn it on, and wash dishes at the sink, that sort of thing.

Sims 3 babies and toddlers can also be pushed around town or countryside in a stroller, babies can use a baby swing, and toddlers can ride a spring toy outside, play in a sandbox, etc.

Sorry to sound like an ad for Sims3 but it is where a lot of the options people are listing, already exist.

It's not all roses in Sims3 though: imaginary friends are horrible demons that are always evil or insane once you get to know them, but can't be deleted or they corrupt your game; curfews are enforced whether parents want that or not so that a teen working a night job at the graveyard will get brought home by police and automatically grounded, meaning he can't go to school the next day but then he gets grounded again for not going to school so he can never stop being grounded, and walks with a Vlad-like creep-sneak walk for the rest of his life, sometimes, when it glitches and doesn't go away once he ages up to adult.

Most of what I want for kids in Sims4, there is an easy mod for. It would be nice if adult sims could rock toddler or kid sims on their laps in a rocking chair, and read to them in it. Also babies should be able to be rocked in the rocking chair.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited January 2022
    @ignominiusrex I have heard a lot of about the Kids/Toddlers/Babies from Sims 3 on this forum. Unfortunately, my computer couldn't run the games so I never played them much. A lot of Sims 1 & 2 stuff got added to Sims 3 & Freeplay, but not Sims 4 yet, so I'm hoping eventually we will get an expansion pack one day for kids/toddlers/family gameplay that is packed with activities, toys and school options and new stuff.

I'll have to add seesaws, slides and treehouse/clubhouse to my list.

Which mods do you use for kids? I have found some cute toddler toys from pandasama

Toddlers and babies is a whole other topic I have a big list for that too which I have shared many times in feedback :joy:

If they add horses, I will also definitely need UNICORNS and maybe a donkey or mule for Cottage Living :wink::blush:
    Lego Building Block table in Sims3 can be used by kids, whereas in Sims4, the only object similar to that can only be used by toddlers according to the description. Very sad, because in Sims3, a parent can play legos with their kid.
    The description of the table is wrong, because my child sim can use it but toddler can't. A parent can build with their kid and parent can even use it alone. I hadn't used the table that much before but tested it now and my sims just built a little red barn and played with it. I wonder if they can build different things :)
    I still want more child aspiratiois. I would suggest the following
    -Scouting aspiration - it would help rack up those badges
    -Family aspiration - parents get aspirations regarding family interaction, kids should get aspirations relating to interactions with parents and siblings

I would love more communal activities for kids, and for families in general.
    edited January 2022
    I still want more child aspiratiois. I would suggest the following
    -Scouting aspiration - it would help rack up those badges
    -Family aspiration - parents get aspirations regarding family interaction, kids should get aspirations relating to interactions with parents and siblings

I would love more communal activities for kids, and for families in general.

Yes! Definitely we need more child aspirations I think there are only four of them. I'd like the Scouting one and also a Drama one too.

Other aspiration ideas for kids:

A+ student, with lots of reading, homework, school project, activity table drawing, clay molding goals.

Fishing, since kids can fish, with goals at the park, collecting fish, fishing with family and friends

Collecting, frogs etc.

Pet care, interacting with cats/dogs, finding strays.

Older Sibling, socializing and caring for toddlers/babies.

Chores, cleaning, setting table, washing dishes etc.

Music, mastering the violin or piano, listening to music etc.

• DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2022

Just so you know kids can play with the Lego table I’ve given it to many families and kids do it all the time by there selves
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I would like hoola hoops and chalk drawing on pavement. Also macaroni necklaces.
    edited February 2022
    haisin wrote: »
    The description of the table is wrong, because my child sim can use it but toddler can't. A parent can build with their kid and parent can even use it alone. I hadn't used the table that much before but tested it now and my sims just built a little red barn and played with it. I wonder if they can build different things :)

The Buildems Blocks Play Table can be used by Toddler+, but only toddlers gain skills from it (if you read the description it says Toddlers only, but this is referencing Imagination skill).

Child-Elder can build the various models.
    Toddler-Elder can play with the completed models.
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    Easel for children would be perfect. It's about time that toddlers be able to use or have their own activity table. A sheet of paper with crayons, while they simply lay on the floor and draw is also missing for both life stages. Art Club for after-school activities too please!
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »

The Buildems Blocks Play Table can be used by Toddler+, but only toddlers gain skills from it (if you read the description it says Toddlers only, but this is referencing Imagination skill).

Child-Elder can build the various models.
    Toddler-Elder can play with the completed models.

Oh that makes sense! I wondered why they'd have the description wrong, but I didn't realise to try if my toddler could play with the completed model :smile:
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    There is much a want for the kids and toddlers. Toddlers desperately need more activities. But Kids need more beyond electronics. Grilled Cheese forbid I want to do a historical game file. I have to scour the internet for CC but not everyone has that option.