Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Today January 25

Comments

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    There's a new stereo option called Mixed Music where you can listen to songs from random channels.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited January 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    What happened to bug fixes? Five... In two months... And they're not even big fixes :#

Either they are planning a giant overhaul of the whole code and everything else must wait ... or the game is broken and they don't know what to do.

Overhaul.
    I mean, adding a body hair menu will break the current system for sure.

Yeah especially when they gotta add bodyhair also for dragons and make sure it doesn't clip while coupledancing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Did anyone else get the GIANT survey after opening the game? It took half an hour and I got a 5 € coupon afterwards. So yay, the kit is for free.

Questions were mainly about playing the game online with friends/alone to flee from realitiy.

Ooh, I would have liked that, but no such luck. I did get a short survey about Blooming Rooms & Modern Menswear, but not much to it.

The survey was very detailed, but generally about expected and very basic topics like

- Where do you get information about the game?
    - Do you prefer to build, tell stories etc.
    - Do you use mods and why?

A lot of questions were about if we like cultures/diversity/inclusion in the game. They also asked about disabilities.

But in almost every topic there was a twist towards single player/multiplayer/meet friends. I hope I made my opinion very clear :D
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    I expected the bug fixes to be small. When have we ever gotten huge bug fixes with these kits? Heck, even patches for stuff packs were relatively small. We don't usually get bigger fixes until the release of a GP or EP. I'm hoping the GP will be released in February so we can get another patch with some real fixes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My sim got an alarm on their phone. Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before.

7VmuEGI.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    My sim got an alarm on their phone. Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before.

7VmuEGI.png

no its been there at least a very long while cause i don't remember time it did not show up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

7VmuEGI.png

No, we have been getting this for years in jobs with a choice to work from home.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

7VmuEGI.png

It's been there before (certain jobs have it) but I have many packs so I'm not sure if it's basegame or not.

~~

Sad about the small amount of bug fixes, but hopefully it's just slow cause of the holiday season or something and we'll get more during the release of the GP. I really, really want them to fix the alien face genetics age up glitch.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

no its been there at least a very long while cause i don't remember time it did not show up

No, we have been getting this for years in jobs with a choice to work from home.

BlueR0se wrote: »
    It's been there before (certain jobs have it) but I have many packs so I'm not sure if it's basegame or not.

Oh, I need to play such jobs more often, most of my sims are self-employed. :lol:
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member

7VmuEGI.png
    It's been there since City Living but it's not basegame I believe.

• Options
    I was checking the new radio options and found high quality content in the German game version :o

FKfn1QS.jpg
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I was checking the new radio options and found high quality content in the German game version :o

I was wondering what this might be.

Patchnotes:
    We added text to some items that were missing text completely ....
    They add missing text and with the same patch we find new missing text. No words :s
  • Options
    Melisendre wrote: »

I was wondering what this might be.

Patchnotes:
    We added text to some items that were missing text completely ....
    They add missing text and with the same patch we find new missing text. No words :s

I guess it's the new "mixed" channel.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I thought the patch messed up my game. Suddenly the camera became slower and unresponsive...everything just felt laggy when I tried moving around.

Then I figured out that it just replaced the Camera.ini file with their default settings (which suck, imo). I have that thing marked as read only, Origin is so annoying how it doesn't respect that file option.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,085 Member
    edited January 2022
    I tried to do the survey that popped up on the home page of the game and when I got through after question three about what kind of games do you play it all of a sudden said “this survey has now closed” I wanted the discount off my next Sims purchase.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Hmm, I'm in no hurry to update. Zero interest in the new radio station(s?) and useless for me bug fixes. Good thing I just went on a house and commercial lot downloading spree. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Did anyone else get the GIANT survey after opening the game? It took half an hour and I got a 5 € coupon afterwards. So yay, the kit is for free.

Questions were mainly about playing the game online with friends/alone to flee from realitiy.

Ooh, I would have liked that, but no such luck. I did get a short survey about Blooming Rooms & Modern Menswear, but not much to it.

The survey was very detailed, but generally about expected and very basic topics like

- Where do you get information about the game?
    - Do you prefer to build, tell stories etc.
    - Do you use mods and why?

A lot of questions were about if we like cultures/diversity/inclusion in the game. They also asked about disabilities.

But in almost every topic there was a twist towards single player/multiplayer/meet friends. I hope I made my opinion very clear :D

Thanks for posting this.

It sounds like a really good survey and I wish I could participate in it as well.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

Doing a survey which includes questions about multiplayer/social vs. single player that only people actually connected and playing online can participate in is...well, I'd fire whoever thought that it was at all sensible.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I wonder if the team is small or something. How has it that this much time has gone by and such a short list of bug fixes comes out? Bah. Think I'll just play a different game for now.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    At least you got the patch.
    I logged in and my entire library of games has gone missing.

Well done Maxis and very well done Origin.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    I wonder if the team is small or something. How has it that this much time has gone by and such a short list of bug fixes comes out? Bah. Think I'll just play a different game for now.

I feel like they don't have actual programmers on the team anymore or that the engine is beyond broken and they don't know what to do with it. Adding anything adds tons of problems so they're sticking to clothes and stuff that's already in the game.

Honestly can't fathom why some of these bugs have been here for years...and they ain't small bigs.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »

7VmuEGI.png
    It's been there since City Living but it's not basegame I believe.

Actually there is one base game career with work from home options: the style influencer career which was added later to the game than the other base game careers.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Well, further my earlier post.

I unistalled the Origin client, cleaned all cache I could find, downloaded a fresh version of Origin, installed that version.
    Loaded up Origin, again, logged in, again, this time to find the Origin servers are out of service.

I think I'll go play twiddlywinks for the rest of the day now. Or maybe I'l paint something so I can watch it dry or other interesting stuff like that.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2022
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    LJK wrote: »

I feel like they don't have actual programmers on the team anymore or that the engine is beyond broken and they don't know what to do with it. Adding anything adds tons of problems so they're sticking to clothes and stuff that's already in the game.

Honestly can't fathom why some of these bugs have been here for years...and they ain't small bigs.

Yeah, I neither feel like updating or giving Maxis money right now. I have not updated my game since August and honestly, I'm considering to let it stay like that. The game runs fine for me and my brain is telling me to stop supporting this franchise right now because it doesn't seem to get any love anymore when it comes to bug fixing and game development.

I don't know what you would call The Sims4 anymore. But it isn't a live service. It feels like the people that I believed in and made content that I enjoyed are not running the live service right now. They are off doing something else. Working on Game or Expansion Packs or The Sims5, and the people in charge right now are not people that I agree with in terms of direction and focus and it doesn't feel like they are getting any support when it comes to bug fixing or game development either.

I will probably not bother updating until they will release their next Expansion Pack, and it's hopefully made by the people who made packs that I enjoyed back in the day.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Are they even bothering with bug fixes anymore or are they too busy pushing kits down our throats? Because this is just ridiculous. :|
    Well, this still aint the update worth updating my mods for, so offline I will stay. Maybe next month we'll have more news of a non-kit pack and with that an actual worthwhile update.