Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I loved the video but the artwork comparing to Sims 4, LBYU is more realistic and it will take some getting used to and I prefer this than the artwork in Paralives (I know it is in its early stages).
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    "Today we're joined by Tammy and she has a positive reaction to nature because it's one of her likes."

Glad you told me because otherwise I would have never known. :D

Hope they're planning on doing something about the stiffness and lifelessness of the characters. They look like mannequins walking around.

Eager to see some produce plants and more about the different stages of growth. Gardening has always been one of my favorite features in The Sims.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I loved the video but the artwork comparing to Sims 4, LBYU is more realistic and it will take some getting used to and I prefer this than the artwork in Paralives (I know it is in its early stages).

I'm not a fan of the artwork in Paralives as well. It's just too cartoony looking for me, but I'm sure there are lots of folks who like that style.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2023
    I watched the gardening video a couple of times to see if I missed something fun. No, I didn't.
    I'm going to critique this function in my usual critical self just as I have with Maxis and other game developing companies.

1. I have never been a fan of gardening in The Sims, I'm more of a take me down to funky town for boogie nights. :#

2. This was supposed to be one of the character's likes. Well then, why wasn't it building fun? The actions never built any fun. The dev took her somewhere to build social or fix it with a cheat and fun was in the green but as soon as she was back fun was in the yellow again. Hugging trees didn't even build fun.

3. Garden plots? I don't get it. She was planting roses, but would one plant rose bushes like planting on a garden plot grouped together with other rose bushes, like corn? (This is noticeable when she extends the land)

4. Garden centers...is this a thing, that they look like that? The community gardens are small like shrine buildings for what reason? It still wasn't building any fun for the character to go into some of them.

5. When the 'human' took a stroll through all those flowers at the end, she didn't stay on the path walk. Immersion is everything.

6. If that is the sort of gameplay I can expect (though I preordered in March) Then I'm just going to keep dancing.

7.Yes, I know it was mentioned there are like ten other types of plants, but if it's 'a like' it should build fun or something.

I will add this, so they know, I'm impressed by the customization of the game, but c'mon gameplay is the main reason to buy it, right? This was boring, old man snoring.

It's just like the time fishing was never fun in TS3. :s Or looking at art was never fun in The Sims :s A lot of complaining to get those things changed in later games....Step it up Paradox.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I think they are trying to show things to interest different types of players. I do realize not all players like to garden and "hug trees," but some of us do like the practical side of gardening. I've done my share of rags to riches style challenges in the Sims and gardening is a good way to make money when you have next to nothing in these games. I wish they'd shown her harvesting the plants and selling the harvestables to show how that would work, but I am not unpleased. Not every interest you do fills your own "fun need." It may be more practical if some of it would, but I'd need to play the game to see how that would work in. They are listening to player feedback, so go ahead and tweet them your tips, if you have any.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    I watched the Future Games Show feature. They didn't present anything new.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited June 2023
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I watched the gardening video a couple of times to see if I missed something fun. No, I didn't.
    I'm going to critique this function in my usual critical self just as I have with Maxis and other game developing companies.

1. I have never been a fan of gardening in The Sims, I'm more of a take me down to funky town for boogie nights. :#

2. This was supposed to be one of the character's likes. Well then, why wasn't it building fun? The actions never built any fun. The dev took her somewhere to build social or fix it with a cheat and fun was in the green but as soon as she was back fun was in the yellow again. Hugging trees didn't even build fun.

3. Garden plots? I don't get it. She was planting roses, but would one plant rose bushes like planting on a garden plot grouped together with other rose bushes, like corn? (This is noticeable when she extends the land)

4. Garden centers...is this a thing, that they look like that? The community gardens are small like shrine buildings for what reason? It still wasn't building any fun for the character to go into some of them.

5. When the 'human' took a stroll through all those flowers at the end, she didn't stay on the path walk. Immersion is everything.

6. If that is the sort of gameplay I can expect (though I preordered in March) Then I'm just going to keep dancing.

7.Yes, I know it was mentioned there are like ten other types of plants, but if it's 'a like' it should build fun or something.

I will add this, so they know, I'm impressed by the customization of the game, but c'mon gameplay is the main reason to buy it, right? This was boring, old man snoring.

It's just like the time fishing was never fun in TS3. :s Or looking at art was never fun in The Sims :s A lot of complaining to get those things changed in later games....Step it up Paradox.

This is good feedback. Probably best shared with the devs on their Twitter
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    Can't speak for others, but, like a lot of "older" folks, I'm not on twitter. :o
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    You'll have a chance to share your feedback once their Discord is up and running.
    edited June 2023
    I don't do Twitter. I'm not against gardening in these games but I would rather my 'sim' build fun doing something else. I have done it thousands of times however, it's not my favorite thing to do any of these games. I know they were showing just the functions of what is possible but it was a video that I would think was meant to get people excited about preordering, right? Like the house building video, maybe someone who was familiar with building in their game could have built a house showing off the different roof styles and architecture instead of just a square box on top of a square box. Technically, that video isn't going to get anyone excited about building in this game if they want people to preorder. Both left me with a lot to be desired. I was more excited about a list of characters easily accessed than the building features because we weren't really shown what is possible just a box. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    I do realize not all players like to garden and "hug trees," but some of us do like the practical side of gardening.

That character didn't even hug a tree. She pretended to do so in front of a bush. Would have been nice if she actually hugged a tree. Anyway, those garden centers look like mausoleums or memorial buildings. When they said garden center I thought it was going to be a place where one can buy plants and seedlings and seeds and fertilizer and pots, etc. Also, the lightning in this game is as bad as it was in TS3, everything glares.
    Can't speak for others, but, like a lot of "older" folks, I'm not on twitter. :o

They also have posts on You-Tube that you can comment on. I've seen them reply to both, so I know they're reading the comments there. And you don't need an account to comment on You-Tube. Or maybe you do? Mine is connected to my Google account. G-mail is free to set up.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    The only thing I wish they show us was swimming? I am afraid we are not going to be able to swim.
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »

They also have posts on You-Tube that you can comment on. I've seen them reply to both, so I know they're reading the comments there. And you don't need an account to comment on You-Tube. Or maybe you do? Mine is connected to my Google account. G-mail is free to set up.

Yes, Youtube, Twitter, and Reddit
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2023

I see what you saying as myself and for me gardening is a drag unless I am doing a survival skit or something and I do think some things may not be done right and I can live with it as long it is not essential to what I want to do. But overall I find this way above Sims 4 in creativity which I did not experience much in Sims 4. I am waiting to see how Rene steps up but not having no peps for it as I feel like I was burned by EA/Maxis.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2023
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I see what you saying as myself and for me gardening is a drag unless I am doing a survival skit or something and I do think some things may not be done right and I can live with it as long it is not essential to what I want to do. But overall I find this way above Sims 4 in creativity which I did not experience much in Sims 4. I am waiting to see how Rene steps up but not having no peps for it as I feel like I was burned by EA/Maxis.

Thanks for understanding. I don't won't to keep harping on this, lol, but the dev said the character would enjoy gardening because it was one of her likes/dislikes. Since TS4 I'm going to be a lot more careful with not letting myself get dazed by something shiny (being able to extend the land on the fly, yay) and was looking at the details of actual gameplay. The character never enjoyed the gardening as stated. Just like TS4's traits etc., I was wondering well why isn't she? Do the traits, likes/dislikes not actually bring that much to the game? It's food for thought.
    Thanks for understanding. I don't won't to keep harping on this, lol, but the dev said the character would enjoy gardening because it was one of her likes/dislikes. Since TS4 I'm going to be a lot more careful with not letting myself get dazed by something shiny (being able to extend the land on the fly, yay) and was looking at the details of actual gameplay. The character never enjoyed the gardening as stated. Just like TS4's traits etc., I was wondering well why isn't she? Do the traits, likes/dislikes not actually bring that much to the game? It's food for thought.

Interesting question. I've tweeted it to them on Twitter. I don't usually get replies, but hopefully someone will answer it.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Something about lightning in this game what makes my eyes hurt. I hope it will be changed to less "bright".
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I hope LBY's version of create a style allows you to edit the color of their wood textures like The Sims 3 did.
    You could change a course wood texture to a smooth wood texture by making the two colors close to the same color. This would give you a smoother looking wood texture allow you to create a variety of wood textures from just one texture.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    CK213 wrote: »
    I hope LBY's version of create a style allows you to edit the color of their wood textures like The Sims 3 did.
    You could change a course wood texture to a smooth wood texture by making the two colors close to the same color. This would give you a smoother looking wood texture allow you to create a variety of wood textures from just one texture.

I think its safe to say it will. The earlier clips they showed on You-Tube had her putting a texture on a wall, and expanding and contracting it to change its size on the wall. If they do the same for furniture, It will be even better than Sims 3. Plus there will be custom textures and patterns, if they live up to their own tagline: The most Mod-able game.
    That's great news. I'll definitely tune in since I think the graphics style is LBY's weakest attribute compared to the other competitors.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    That's great news. I'll definitely tune in since I think the graphics style is LBY's weakest attribute compared to the other competitors.

We haven't really seen much of Project Rene to really know. I did a side-by-side comparison of LBY's and Rene's bedroom scene, there's not a lot of difference to me. They both have a more realistic style compared to TS4 and Paralives. LBY's lighting definitely needs help, I will agree with.

Q9e4F8w.png
    edited June 2023

We haven't really seen much of Project Rene to really know. I did a side-by-side comparison of LBY's and Rene's bedroom scene, there's not a lot of difference to me. They both have a more realistic style compared to TS4 and Paralives. LBY's lighting definitely needs help, I will agree with.

Q9e4F8w.png

Yes, it's the lighting. That's it. LBY seems to have very reflective objects that almost seem to emit white light when they shouldn't. It can be a bit washed out at times.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top