Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Curved Walls and Spiral Stairs have been confirmed! Might not be in Early Access, but will be available at final launch! Woot!

You can read that in the YouTube responses.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited June 2023
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    I don't think it's actually been confirmed that you can own these lots yet. Someone can point me to a tweet if I'm wrong, but It has been confirmed you can choose the employees, but that might just be from a town view, town controls perspective. The other items on this list I hadn't heard yet, but they may be town controls as well. With stuff like this, it's best to read it conservatively. Understand this, I am excited for this game. I feel we will get a lot out of it even without paying for DLC, but getting your hopes up too high can be just as disastrous. Retail has always been an expansion pack in the Sims, and unless I get confirmation directly that it will be base game here, It's safest to assume that it will be an expansion here too. I haven't even heard that there will be restaurants in the game yet, though there are a lot of lot types in the lists they've shown online.

This was from an interview, I took that to mean that your character could either get a job or own a business.
    Players can get a job in the world or even start and build their own businesses. The world operates like a real one would, with starting hours and closing hours for your jobs, salary ranges you can set to pay the employees you hire for your store, and more. It even operates down to the delivery driver bringing items you ordered in an online shop operating in the game world (or even maybe your own online store). Heck, you can even take over the delivery driver should you choose and live out their life. This is life by you, of course.
    https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/gdc-2023-life-by-you-is-an-ambitious-life-sim-that-aims-to-give-players-ultimate-freedom-in-the-game-world-2000127590?utm_content=buffer8019c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer

Restaurants have been confirmed as being in the game in a tweet from yesterday when answering FAQs regarding the grocery shopping video, they stated:
    You can purchase full meals directly from restaurants or cook yourself.

They've also stated that anything an NPC can do (which I would assume also includes owning other businesses), a played character can do. And, vice versa.
    Anything a non-player character can do, you can as well. Additionally, the idea is that anything a player can do, the NPCs can also do. Humble mentions that as a result, they effectively have created a world where all the NPCs are people, like the players, because they are all operating exactly the same way.
    https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/gdc-2023-life-by-you-is-an-ambitious-life-sim-that-aims-to-give-players-ultimate-freedom-in-the-game-world-2000127590?utm_content=buffer8019c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer

And some of the planned careers that have been confirmed are, but maybe not all of them at Early Access:
    • Hotel Management
    • Apparel
    • Office Jobs
    • Banking
    • Night Club Ownership
    • Car Dealerships
    • Creative Writing
    The developers aren’t certain how many careers will be available at Early Access, but in our conversation they noted hotel management, apparel, office jobs, banking, night club ownership, car dealerships, and creative writing.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/134780/life-by-you-preview-gdc-2023

ohhhh I didn't know about the nightclub/creative writing. Thanks for this info!! it really seems like they want to go into detail with things in the game, hope it all stands true to how they had discussed everything thus far.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member

This was from an interview, I took that to mean that your character could either get a job or own a business.
    Players can get a job in the world or even start and build their own businesses. The world operates like a real one would, with starting hours and closing hours for your jobs, salary ranges you can set to pay the employees you hire for your store, and more. It even operates down to the delivery driver bringing items you ordered in an online shop operating in the game world (or even maybe your own online store). Heck, you can even take over the delivery driver should you choose and live out their life. This is life by you, of course.

Ooh, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. If they are including player owned buisnesses in their base game, I'm really excited for this. This opens them up to being even more creative when they make the dlc.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

Resizable lots? Oh, yeah. Finally, I'll be able to take the perfect house from a 41x39 lot and place it on a 40x40.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    Multiple buildings on one lot? I think this is referring to multi-purpose lots
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

Designing an idea for a mall
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    sweet B)

No, I don't think so. I think it literally means that right now you can not build a separate building on the same lot without the walls connecting to the currently placed structure. You can tell in the video because when Rocio tried to draw out another building next to the building she placed down it turned red. She wasn't able to do that.

KQmhKQI.png

So right now, no detached buildings like garages or sheds, etc.

Yeah, the no detached buildings rule would get annoying. But they are trying to change that, from what I understand. Being able to resize a lot, even after I build on it will be nice. After all how often do you start building on a lot and decide it should've been bigger, or could've been smaller. I am excited to hear what the minimum and maximum lot sizes are. Something tells me they won't be going with the same standard ranges that the Sims uses.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member

No, I don't think so. I think it literally means that right now you can not build a separate building on the same lot without the walls connecting to the currently placed structure. You can tell in the video because when Rocio tried to draw out another building next to the building she placed down it turned red. She wasn't able to do that.

KQmhKQI.png

So right now, no detached buildings like garages or sheds, etc.

Oh, interesting. Why would that restriction be in place to begin with?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    @simmerorigin I don't get it either. I could have sworn we had the ability to make sheds in the original Sims base game 20+ years ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.

Not sure, don't know if it has something to do with the fact that the lots can be placed anywhere without restriction and any foliage or vegetation in the world just disappears underneath it.

I too thought it was rather odd that you couldn't make "separate" structures on the same lot. Maybe they haven't looked at the type of builds that simmer's are used to being able to do, or maybe where they're from detached buildings aren't a "thing" so they didn't think of it.

Luckily they said they are working on it, so hopefully that will be implemented not long after we get into EA.

Eleri wrote: »
    @simmerorigin I don't get it either. I could have sworn we had the ability to make sheds in the original Sims base game 20+ years ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while.

I remember houses in 3 that had detached garages.

I'm fairly confident that LBY will make the ability to build separate buildings on a lot a reality. They seem to really care about what the players would like to be able to do.
    edited June 2023

I have a feeling it has to do with some programming thing. A technical side effect of how they programed buildings to work in the game. I don't know enough to say what that would be. I doubt it was ever intended. They are working on a solution to allow multiple buildings on a lot. I guess this is a test I will use to compare them with *Other Life Sim Game Companies. Will it take them years to get this solution, or will Early Access have it? How many months past Early Access until they get a solution? A+: It's finished by Early Access. A: It comes out within the first month after Early Access. B: Within three months. C: Within Six months. D : Within a Year. F: After the first year, and after it gets released as a complete game, non Early Access. Anyone want to guess where they will score?

I'm thinking a B would be a reasonable guess while hoping they surprise me with an A+. B)
    Love all the different colors from flowers, bushes, trees. Very beautiful. B)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

Looks cool, but very boring. I get that they're just trying to illustrate how the character can interact with the environment, but maybe a grill or fishing, or something like that, would have spiced it up a bit.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Fun if tree hugging is your type of thing I guess but this video really did not interest me at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know why when they said outdoor activities I was expecting something much different 😅😅
    But gardening never interested me much and hugging trees is uhhhhhh... no my idea of a fun activity lol 😅😅
    I was expecting something more innovative or unique.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Designing an idea for a mall

Yep and all for it, how all these features may require some major resources and I am ready as long as they remain somewhat true to their plans. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

I remember houses in 3 that had detached garages.

I'm fairly confident that LBY will make the ability to build separate buildings on a lot a reality. They seem to really care about what the players would like to be able to do.

Yeah, I remembered that as well and I loved it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top