Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to TS4 Rotational play 2022; Anything unexpected to be aware of?

2...Next

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Make use of Clubs

Clubs really shine in rotational play as you can see sims hanging at their regular haunts with their usual groups of friends (or frenemies). It helps keep relationships up too, if you include social activities, and can help them up their skills for promotions even while rotated away (if you want that).

Make use of Owned Businesses

Buying items from owned retail stores or using owned restaurants and vet clinics gives a lump sum of profit to the owner household when you return to them. You barely need to work in them as an owner if you have enough sims using them in a rotation. Consider opening a gallery shop with your artist, a bakery with your pastry chef or a furniture store with your carpenter. Support your local economy!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    I haven't been playing my rotation long enough to contribute many tips, been busy redecorating and building all my sims houses. Though so far since I use MCCC I never turn aging off, I just adjusted the life spans to be 10x what the default is. Everyone keeps aging and pregnancies continue to progress, as my households grow I'll probably adjust the lifespan again. I also have it set to pause on playable labor, so I never miss any of my sims giving birth or naming them.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Make use of Clubs
    Clubs really shine in rotational play as you can see sims hanging at their regular haunts with their usual groups of friends (or frenemies). It helps keep relationships up too, if you include social activities, and can help them up their skills for promotions even while rotated away (if you want that).

I'm circling back to this thread because, prior to several people, including you, recommending that I make heavy use of Clubs, I had never really done much of that in the game. Over the past few days I have gone into households all across the game and made about 30 new clubs for my game as well as modified all of the pre-made clubs to be more interesting. Prior to this, I don't think I'd ever added more than 6 or 7 new ones.

And OMG...it's amazing. All of the community lots that are associated with clubs end up being so much more interesting and active. I really undervalued Get Together before now, but dang...it may be near the top of my list of favorites after seeing how great the club feature really is.

My favorite clubs that I made are the ones I made for the Occults. One club for vampires, one club for aliens, one club for spellcasters. Combined with MCCC's feature that auto-fills clubs I now know who more of those sneaky aliens are. :lol:
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Make use of Owned Businesses
    Buying items from owned retail stores or using owned restaurants and vet clinics gives a lump sum of profit to the owner household when you return to them. You barely need to work in them as an owner if you have enough sims using them in a rotation. Consider opening a gallery shop with your artist, a bakery with your pastry chef or a furniture store with your carpenter. Support your local economy!

I already have a few nice retail locations in my game, but so far they are all just functioning as unowned retail locations. My plan is to buy them with households eventually once they can afford them though. The grocery/general store is the one I really want to get owned, by my legacy household that does farming, gardening and animal raising...but it will cost 400,000 simoleans so it is going to take a while to earn enough (I use Carl's mod that reduces incomes and increases bills).

If you are willing to answer one more question for me on this topic, how do the retail locations work when playing rotational when they are owned by a played household that isn't active? Do shelves get restocked quickly automatically?
    Like, with unowned retails, everything is pretty much restocked instantly if you just travel away and then back. Is it slower, faster, or the same if they are owned by a non-active Household?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If you are willing to answer one more question for me on this topic, how do the retail locations work when playing rotational when they are owned by a played household that isn't active? Do shelves get restocked quickly automatically?
    Like, with unowned retails, everything is pretty much restocked instantly if you just travel away and then back. Is it slower, faster, or the same if they are owned by a non-active Household?

From what I recall, they are normally fully restocked when I travel there, but staff should be on-site restocking as you go anyway. I've never visited one twice in quick succession though, so not sure how the game handles that.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm a rotational player and greatly enjoy it in TS4. I like flipping between different households and experiencing different styles of play in different worlds. I'd say that one of the things to consider is also limiting the rotation. I'm at the stage where I have tons of households but I might want to just focus on specific ones. I haven't made that shift because I enjoy all of these different characters but it is worth considering.

I ended up essentially making my own world of sims which is great but time would go faster and it would be less complicated if I just played with a couple of sims or just followed one family or theme. I've enjoyed the "kitchen sink" approach but it's easy to get attached to a bunch of characters and then it gets chaotic.

I also recommend creating your own structured events or overarching concepts to play out. Mine is a mostly realistic modern world where I've let my imagination fill in the blanks until I had my own game with all these characters I know. I'm probably at the stage where I should add some of these events or concepts for my own game. Maybe a war breaks out or some major goal needs to happen or the economy crashes. I know they've added some new optional challenges. I might consult those because you can just play them on your own or develop some ideas of my own.

I'd really like them to add the societal complications. I think Eco-Living was one format of doing so with mixed results but it was on the right track.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.