Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I tried to edit base camp now it's not working

Hello all,
I'm stumped here. I tried to edit base camp. I wanted to add some extra resort like feel to some of the places. Anyways, it seems that now I lost adventures board and my sims go to another house instead of base camp. I want to know what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps there are certain objects that cannot go in basecamps? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited January 2022
    From what I understand, when you edit base camps they become NOT base camps anymore. The only fix I'm aware of is to save the lot then replace it in Create a World. You can then reset it to a base camp.
    But if you don't want to do all that here is a nifty download that has the adventure boards for any world which can be used with the Traveler mod. https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1119/
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well that's interesting, because I have always edited the Shang Simla base camp to change the low quality toilets, beds, and showers, and never had an issue before. I do also run Traveler as well.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I have also never had any issues with editing base camps in WA worlds. However, to place a custom base camp in a world takes more of an effort. You can't save a base camp you've made as a base camp. You have to place it in the world, then change the lot type to base camp. Then you have to use move objects on to move the adventure board to wherever you want it, as it tends to get placed wherever you'd least want it. But also, keep in mind there are two different types of base camp - the WA type, and the ITF type. If your lot is designated as a base camp but there is no adventure board, and especially if you see a regular mailbox on the lot, you definitely have the wrong base camp type. Change it to the other one in Edit Town, then look for the adventure board again.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I don't know what has gone wrong but if you have NRAAS Traveler mod installed you can turn a lot into a Base Camp. Go into Edit Town and choose a community lot and change the lot type to Base Camp. Don't choose the EP11 Base Camp option. I 've never used that so am not sure what type of Base Camp you'll get with it.