Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me with your opinions on my sims and fantasy-related thesis?

Jokr1929Jokr1929 Posts: 48 Member
edited January 2022 in General Mods Discussion
Hello - I really hope this type of forum is okay, otherwise I'm sorry

I've been creating a small fantasy addition of only objects for Sims as part of my thesis and I would love some input on it! (If you hate fantasy in sims, maybe this isn't for you)

I have a questionnaire which takes about 3-5 min and would be a great help if you have the time to fill it out!
Questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemves0bNUjeIGAjnFWLomzznUtlUH8YUrm_ma24yNlqkRSQw/viewform?usp=sf_link

But otherwise, here's a picture of the items included (together with some RoM items) and I'd love to hear any kind of comment on it (^_^)

Picture:

Sims-Fantasy-Objects.png

Comments

• baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Not sure if you want other comments, but while the objects themselves certainly help with a fantasy vibe, the pure white lighting makes it look like I'm gazing upon a regular office at times. I don't intend to disregard your work with that comment, just explaining my view of it. Perhaps it's an intentional choice to improve visibility of the items? It basically means that while the items look perfectly in place for a fantasy vibe, the rooms in which they are placed look too normal, mostly because of the lighting, and relatively light cluttering. Again, I assume they are placed in this way for the sake of visibility. I wish you the best of luck with your work, though. :smile:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited January 2022
    I filled in the survey but felt compelled to leave a comment here as well.

At first glance the items seem to work as fantasy objects, but what do they look like from up close? How are they textured, do they come in different swatches? It’s difficult to see from a distance.

Regarding the rooms themselves, I have to agree with the previous poster. None of the rooms give me a strong fantasy vibe due to the lack of atmospheric lighting.
    As a builder I could probably take any non-fantasy object and create a room that would still give me more fantasy vibes than the visuals shown here and in the survey, ONLY because of use of atmospheric lighting and clutter/ object placement. More rustic wall and floor textures such as old wooden boards or stone would also enhance that feeling.

As an additional part of the research, why not go all the way and create such an atmospheric room with and without the objects shown, just to see where the player puts the fantasy vibe rating compared to the non-atmospheric shots. Food for thought?
    Best of luck with your research!