Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why simmers are angry when Maxis bring to BG CAS items from packs?

13...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    One buy a pack (GP vand EP) due the GAMEPLAY
    The things than Maxis is bringing from EP/GP to base game are some CAS items.

Als, I note some hypocrisy from simmers.
    I no saw simmers at twitter or here being angry when they bring to BG an actual gameplay: Vacationing and rent lots

I don't mind if they do. What's one or two hairstyles from a pack to the base game when most of the packs features are limited to that pack eg snow sports with Snowy Escape.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Eh. It doesn’t make me angry, but that’s probably because none of the freebies were things I actually bought the pack for. I mean, I have never ponied up $40 for a hairstyle. Things like the calendar expand game functionality for everyone so I benefit from it going to base game and, once again, I didn’t buy Seasons because it had one. The hot tub would have been a different matter, though. If I had bought the patio pack I would have felt differently about that. But as far as I’m aware, that’s the only time a feature that was a major selling point from paid content has been rolled into base game. And, in addition to some CAS items being switched, we have been getting new items as well, especially clothing. We all know this is a way to make the base game more inclusive. New is always better, but I suppose sometimes decisions have to be made about where existing resources are best used.
    As you mentioned it weren't only hairs. And I also remember a shirt. Why makes adding the calendar, the whirlpool or the shirt the game more inclusive?

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I understand the calender being made basegame, cause this way they can incorporate calender functions into new packs, but I really dont understand CAS items turned BG...dont get their reasoning behind it either, like others have mentioned, making a pack CAS item BG in the name of "being inclusive" just seems lazy to me.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm fine with things like the calendar being BG, as it could be used for many things in many packs.

I'm fine with pack CAS asset/object meshes being made BG so new swatches can be given for free, or added in other packs. This happened with some of the first BG CAS ports, and new swatches were added to a BG toilet with IL.

I'm not OK with complete CAS assets (mesh and textures) being ported to BG, unless they add age or gender conversions at the same time.

I'm not OK with the only gameplay object in a SP being made BG. Perfect Patio lost all of it's gameplay value when the anniversary hot tub was added. This pack should have a Refresh to replace what was lost and add gameplay value again.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am kind of tired of max is putting stuff we original pay for in the base game
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i am not tiered of this feature i am gratful for this feature so why are you being a critic about a feature that makes you save $$$ @Horrorgirl6 ?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    i am not tiered of this feature i am gratful for this feature so why are you being a critic about a feature that makes you save $$$ @Horrorgirl6 ?

Because I paid for it.
    I am upset because I pay for it.I think it's insult to give as items or features that were in other packs for free.They. could easily make new or similar stuff for free.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It annoys me because I own all the packs already, so I never get free items from Maxis like many other people do. Maxis is only giving me what I already have, but making it harder to find when I sort by pack in CAS.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: