Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why simmers are angry when Maxis bring to BG CAS items from packs?

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
One buy a pack (GP vand EP) due the GAMEPLAY
The things than Maxis is bringing from EP/GP to base game are some CAS items.

Als, I note some hypocrisy from simmers.
I no saw simmers at twitter or here being angry when they bring to BG an actual gameplay: Vacationing and rent lots

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2022
    Not true necessarily. We don’t really know WHY a person buys a particular pack. Reasons will vary. Someone may have legitimately bought a GP because of the new clothes and hairs. They may be upset they paid $19.99 and now some clothes and hairs are included in Base Game. I see nothing wrong with them being upset about it.

It used to bother me too but I don’t care anymore these days.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think some people just like to be angry so it's a good excuse for it.

Any time a company adds content to a base game they are giving additional value to any new customers that come along. New customers are essential to keeping a game thriving. I like when a game that I enjoy is thriving....so I'm all for it.

Life is too short to be angry over something that doesn't actually even harm anyone.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm not at all angry about that.

What I consider as much more unfair are the frequent sales when players get even newer packs for 50 % of the price while I as a first day buyer are never rewarded for my loyalty. I even had to discuss with the customer service about the tiny Cottage Living bonus items.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm not at all angry about that.

What I consider as much more unfair are the frequent sales when players get even newer packs for 50 % of the price while I as a first day buyer are never rewarded for my loyalty. I even had to discuss with the customer service about the tiny Cottage Living bonus items.

I always say wait for a sale, EA don't need your full price coin. Why be loyal to a company who ain't loyal to you?
    When I buy a game (or pack) at full price on release rather than wait for a sale, I do it because I'm impatient and not willing to wait for a sale; Loyalty has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's 100% self-serving.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Last year, there was a controversy due to the anniversary gift that was brought to the base game being a hot tub. This meant that Perfect Patio stuff pack loses its value, because the main object there are hot tubs, but now we have hot tubs in the base game.

While yes, clothing and hairstyles are different things, I still understand the frustration. That makes the pack contain less stuff after all. And all in the name of inclusivity (which is a noble cause by itself).

To be honest, this is an example of the reason why I'm afraid of making The Sims 4 videos, especially about DLC. Backyard stuff, Discover University, Toddler stuff...
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I just think it's disappointing considering it's stuff we've spent our own real money to have in our game. If it's just one or two things then fair enough but it's gone quite far beyond that now. Also it's not just some CAS items, they put hot tubs in the base game as well, despite hot tubs being the key gameplay feature of Perfect Patio stuff and the main reason why a lot of people bought that pack. Nobody got any money back because of the key selling point of that pack being made free...
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I'm not angry about this exactly, because although the team gives away items to base game, they also give back with free items and upgrades, but the practice does devalue the effected packs that we've already bought.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2022
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Not true necessarily. We don’t really know WHY a person buys a particular pack. Reasons will vary. Someone may have legitimately bought a GP because of the new clothes and hairs. They may be upset they paid $19.99 and now some clothes and hairs are included in Base Game. I see nothing wrong with them being upset about it.

It used to bother me too but I don’t care anymore these days.

I mostly bought the vampire pack for the Victorian style items. I sometimes played vampires in Sims 2 and 3 but I didn't love them until 4 so the build/buy mode items in the pack were a major factor when I bought it. I still use the build/buy and CAS items more often than I play vampires, though I really do enjoy them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Well I personally have never got angry. One item or one hair being moved to the base game doesn't bother me at all. ​But I don't think anyone upset is being a hypocrite. If the item is taken from a stuff pack, like the Hot Tub was taken from the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, than it's more likely there are many people who bought the pack for that specific item. Just imagine if you bought the pack the day before the move was made, and you only bought it for that item, and it's not like you can then return the pack for a refund. No one really minds if it's an item from a much larger expansion or game pack like a lot, because it's unlikely they bought those packs for just that one item, in the case of a lot, no one would even have seen the lot when they bought the pack.

With the African hairstyle it is more complicated, as many people wanted new African textured hair because they feel not enough was created overall, and so if you already have all the packs and just one hair was moved to the base game, than they didn't really give those players anything, even though they may be acting like they are solving a problem by moving hair around, so it can potentially make some people very angry. Those are the only types of angry comments I've seen about the hair.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think the problem some simmers have is that they paid for it regardless of the reasons instead of everyone getting something new and free instead. Personally I am not angry; but it is a bit disappointing when it is something I already have in game.

Also this isn't twitter.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    One buy a pack (GP vand EP) due the GAMEPLAY
    The things than Maxis is bringing from EP/GP to base game are some CAS items.

Als, I note some hypocrisy from simmers.
    I no saw simmers at twitter or here being angry when they bring to BG an actual gameplay: Vacationing and rent lots

Some packs I don't buy for the gameplay, but the items it comes with. Those beanie hats we got in Get Together(I think?) were cute as heck to me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Not sure about angry, but it is a little disappointing in a way.

Some people DO buy packs mainly for the CAS/Build items rather than gameplay, I think I have more hours in CAS than any other mode in this game and I have bought packs for the CAS items alone before. Taking content out of a pack and putting it in the base game does devalue it, even if it's something as small as a single hairstyle, but I don't think it's even the main issue here.

It's more like, you want a pack for whatever item/feature and then some time later that item/feature you spent money for just becomes available for everyone. It feels like people who didn't pay get rewarded while you get... well, nothing.

Also I'd like to have more base game hairs be updated and some more of the older hairstyles converted from adults to children, I like when they did that before.
    edited January 2022
    I'm not angry, but it's not cool. Like you said, those that "bought" the pack, aren't getting anything new by them changing the hair to base game. What are we getting?

To be entirely fair, what we are getting is pack refreshes. I don't know about you, but the Spa Day pack refresh was my favorite thing that the team did last year, and they didn't charge me for it.

I do agree with you about moving the hair from a pack to the base game instead of making a few completely new hairs is lazy and hardly worth applauding them for.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2022
    CAS is sometimes a big part of why I buy a pack. I don’t think that paid content should be added to the base game for free. It’s not right & it just feels lazy to me. They should create new free CAS items instead.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Doesn't bother me at all. Its nice to share and if its a "part" of something I prev purchased then I have had the use of it for a time before they do that anyways.

One thing I am curious about though are some of the simmers that it really bothers cc/patreon users? And do they get upset when the creators put those same items up for free after a time?

And yes life is way too short.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    To be entirely fair, what we are getting is pack refreshes. I don't know about you, but the Spa Day pack refresh was my favorite thing that the team did last year, and they didn't charge me for it.

We're getting a pack refresh when the hair is ported over to base game?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Free stuff doesn't bother me, and giving us 1 item from a pack doesn't bother me, either.
    edited January 2022
    We're getting a pack refresh when the hair is ported over to base game?

Why do they have to occur at the same time for you to be grateful for the refreshes? My point is that they have a team working on refreshes at the same time as they do things like this. Complaining about one without also taking the time to be grateful for the other is rather impolite. Just sayin'.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I don’t care if they give away old hairs, that doesn’t bother me, but I think it is much more rewarding if they bring out a new hairstyle too so those people who have bought the pack get a reward too. That is one thing I loved about stuff packs. We always got new hairs in them….I sure wish they would start bringing stuff packs back regularly.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would appreciate new hairstyles in the Base not old hairstyles from Packs.