Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm not paying $5 for a vacuum....

I love that you guys have brought vacuums to the game! However, I'm not spending $5 to add one to my game... Come on now. That is too pricey. I'd pay $1.

Comments

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member

The Busting Dust Kit has more than a vacuum. It also has two aspirations and Dust Bunnies that give you money and gifts:

2022-01-10_11-12-53.jpg?raw=1

The Bust Dust Kit does have it's annoyances like too much dust spawning and frequent use of the vacuums in autonomy mode but really that's pretty much happens with all new gameplay items. Plenty of modders have made it better and there has been updates that have addressed these issues. If you have the robot vacuums from pets you won't have too much problem with dust spawning. You can also use the handheld vacuum to clean your toddlers as well.

I actually rather enjoy the kit myself. I do understand why people are not happy with the $5 price tag of kits because 90% of the kits aren't worth that price to most people. Good luck and I hope it goes on sale for $1 so you and others can enjoy it too.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    If I could go to the corner dollar store and find a sims pack it's time for me to find a new hobby 😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm not paying £2.49 for a large jar of Marmite. Nor am I paying £8.50 for 24 Andrex toilet rolls (Family pack). I'm not paying £750 for a purple sousaphone, nor £25 for a single session of laser hair-removing therapy.

It is all good information.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    If you wait long enough all packs eventually go down in price. I have NEVER bought anything Sims 4 related at full price. I got stuff packs for between $2.50 to $5, got game packs for $10 to $15, and the expansion packs for $20 to $30. Heck even the base game was only $35 when I bought it. The kits I have were gifted to me by other so free.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I DON'T want them at all, so I'm glad they're charging something instead of dropping it in a patch.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Bust the Dust is like an upgrade you have to pay for. It's also the ONLY gameplay kit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I was happy to buy this one as it's the only one with gameplay and it adds a fair bit of realism, we all have to keep our home clean. The bunnies are annoying but there's mods for that. You can also vacuum your toddler with the handheld one, whilst not realistic at all, it amuses me.
    Wish they'd make more kits like this, the clothes ones are not great value imo.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Well, unfortunately you can't negotiate to purchase just the vacuum for $1 lol, you have buy the kit if you want it. I think it's a fair price. It has fun gameplay and interactive objects and new aspirations. Many people think the kits are expensive, but I have chosen carefully and been happy so far. I had a lot of fun with this kit today actually. I like both the floor and handheld vacuums, playing with the dust bunnies and sending them to collect treasure. I had a bit of a hard time with the sparkly floor and sniffing animations tbh, but I found a mod for it and then I just got used to it I don't notice it as much since I took the mod out. I turn the kit on and off depending on if I want to do some house chores and create a dust bunny. I wish they could add feather dusters, dust allergy trait, and enable toddlers to pet the dust bunnies. :smile:

a2MiOyk.png