Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 - Life in Aurora Skies

lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
Life in Aurora Skies
Narrated by Donny Lorde and Lisa Dawnlight

Donny: I just inherited a house in Aurora Skies from my late Aunt who just passed away a few months ago, so Lisa and I had packed up our belongings and left the city life of Bridgeport as we were getting tired of the hustle and bustle of city life as well as the creatures that roam the streets at night looking for their next victim. Bridgeport had became too overrun with vampires which made it very unsafe to go out at night, so we tried to do our shopping and any fun activities that we wanted to do during the daylight hours. And yes, there was a vampire or 2 out during the daytime due to them drinking vampiric sunscreen that they either got from a local alchemist, witches or that they made themselves so that they could move about during the day to do their business but luckily enough they didn't bother the people that was out and about doing whatever they needed to do unless of course you had a rogue vampire who didn't care about the vampire laws that was put in place to protect the citizens of Bridgeport. And if one did break the vampire laws, then they were punished by either being thrown out of the city forever or destroyed depending on the crime that they committed. But word got around the town that the exiled vampires were banding together and making plans to storm Bridgeport to oust out the vampire leaders and their loyal followers and get rid of the vampire laws. So our move came at a perfect time so that we wouldn't be caught up in the rogue vampire takeover and possibly become food for the vamps if the rumors were true about the takeover.

So this is the house that my Aunt left me in her will. It's located at 29 Foss View Road. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living room and a kitchen and a big backyard. She was a homemaker and wife until her husband passed away a few years before her. She loved canning food and baking at every chance that she got, that is until she took sick and passed away. I had no idea that the house was left to me until her lawyer called and had set up a meeting about her will. He handed over the deed to the house and papers for me to sign and telling us that we can move in whenever we wanted to and that the was already furnished. Of course Lisa and I will be upgrading the furniture as well as adding onto the house, we're just not going to do that all right now because we want to get settled in and go to college to try to get some degrees as I want to go into the military. Yes I know that one doesn't need a degree to go into the military but it helps as you can start at a higher level depending on your final grade as well as having a high pay than someone who doesn't have a degree. And for Lisa, she wants to get in the medical career.
c4Oeiu1l.jpg
IaS2KEpl.jpg

Donny: Even though I have been to the house in the past, Lisa has never been here when I used to visit my aunt, so this is the first time that she's been here.

Lisa: Yes, he's right that I have never been here but I have seen pictures of the outside of it when Donny was little and playing around the backyard which we had fenced in after moving in so that one of these days, I might add a garden to our yard or a swimming pool but right now we need to worry about how we are going to maintain the household. Granted that Donny also inherited his Aunt's money which was over 250,000 simoleons but if we don't get jobs or something to earn more money, we're be poor if we were to start redesigning the house to add a 2nd floor and to expend the kitchen to make it bigger than what it is and to do whatever else that we want to do to the house.

So we go inside of the house so that Donny can show me around and such which didn't take long to do since it's small on the inside of the house but hopefully I will get used to it soon enough. Donny tried to tell me that he used to believe that the house used to be haunted when he was a little boy and I told him that he was just imagining things as he used to read those scary comic books as a boy.

Donny: But the house was haunted when I used to come over here as a little boy. The ghost was of a small boy that became my friend when I was little but was gone when I grew up.
Lisa rolling her eyes at Donny: Yeah sure Donny. That was just your overactive imagination that you used to have as a little boy.
Donny: Hush Lisa, I know what I saw as a kid and you can't tell me any differently.
jfegJu7l.jpg

Lisa: Yeah, yeah , ye....
D4azov1l.jpg

Donny: Okay now that I shut you up about the ghost, let's talk about something else.
Lisa: Okay if you insist. What do you want to talk about?
Donny: Have I told you lately that I love you and that you look hot?
Lisa: Yes, everyday. But you can tell me again as I feel the same way about you.
Oe9Qvo0l.jpg
p7sEJ9ll.jpg
qMwZ70ll.jpg

Donny: Hey about we have a pillow fight since we don't have to worry about the neighbors knocking on the walls or the floors if we get a little to rough and loud?
Lisa: Sure, why not. This will be fun.
Donny: Boy this is fun but I just wish that there was more room in the living room so that we're not too close to the window.
KoPfyiXl.jpg
b2fsabnl.jpg
a0NJ0lOl.jpg

It seems that the household as a visitor dressed as a llama mascot for the university that's located a couple of hours away but they're not too worried about greeting him.
C2Hj0yjl.jpg

Donny & Lisa: Someone is at the door.
Donny: Just don't worry about it and hopefully they will go away.
JIb3jzFl.jpg

Lisa getting mad: HEY! You just hit me in my nose and now it hurts.
Donny: I'm sorry. I don't mean to hit you there.
Lisa: Whatever!
Donny: I said that I was sorry. Isn't that enough?
Lisa: I need to teach you a thing or 2 about pillow fighting like where you can hit at and not to hit at.
OIu1t1Rl.jpg

Donny: Oh come Lisa, lighten up some! I know what will make you laugh and make you feel better.
Lisa: And just what will make me laugh and feel better?
Donny: This.
16azfY5l.jpg

Lisa: That's just too funny. Here's my funny face to you.
Donny: See now, didn't I tell you that I could make you laugh?
Lisa: Yes!
6T4ZFgzl.jpg
YepYnHvl.jpg

Lisa: Be prepared for my incoming kiss.
Donny: WOAH there. I'm not ready for that kiss.
Lisa: WHAT do you mean that you weren't ready for that kiss? What's with the attitude now? Weren't you the one that was just trying to make me laugh and feel better after getting hit in the nose by your pillow?
Donny: Just what I said that I wasn't ready for that kiss just yet. And no, I don't have an attitude, I think it's you that has the attitude now. And yes, I was the one that was trying to get a laugh and smile out of you, so you better drop that attitude of yours or I won't give you a kiss later.
tOjibSkl.jpg
1rabyctl.jpg
UyLHmNel.jpg

Lisa: Now it's my turn to try and get you to laugh and smile again.
Donny: You wanna bet that you can't?
Lisa: You're on.
Gjv4UH8l.jpg
gXQ8wdol.jpg
tmOygbPl.jpg

Lisa: Did that help you get a laugh and smile out of you?
Donny grabbing Lisa's hands: You bet it did babe.
Lisa: Good because I hate staying mad at you and you at me.
Donny: Same here.
tmOygbPl.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member

Donny & Lisa: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?
    Lisa: Tell me that you felt that shaking that just happened.
    Donny: I just felt that same shaking that you felt.
    Lisa: Did that ever happen when you used to visit here?
    Donny: No, never.
    Lisa: Has your aunt ever told you about any shaking that goes on here?
    Donny: No and I do believe that she would of if it ever did. Let's go outside and see what the heck happened.
    Lisa: Okay, you led the way.
    Donny & Lisa: What he heck is that in our yard?
    Donny: Don't come too close to it as we don't know what it is and if it's safe to be next to.
    Lisa: Then why are you getting too close to it?
    Donny: Because I'm the man and I'm suppose to protect you. Understand rubber band?
    Lisa: Yes, whatever you say babe.
    ZttkkAMl.jpg

Lisa: Whatever you do, don't touch anything on it that might make it come to life or something.
    Donny: I don't see any switches or buttons on it, so I'll say that we're safe from whatever it is.
    wE0SM4Xl.jpg

Lisa yelling: Well you must had touched something as it just lit all up and sending out electricity every where.
    Donny: But I swear I didn't touch anything. I just swiped my foot over it and boom, it came to life.
    Lisa: Yeah sure whatever. Things just doesn't come to life by swiping your foot over it, so therefore you must had touch a hidden button.
    5gMul0bl.jpg

Emit Relevart: Actually it did come to life when your boyfriend swiped his foot over it.
    Donny & Lisa: Who are you and where did you come from?
    Emit: I'm Emit Relevart and you are Donny Lorde and Lisa Dawnlight. I come from a place in the future call Oasis Landing.
    flkXQL5l.jpg
    AXWXm9Sl.jpg

Donny: And how do you know who we are?
    Emit: Because I've read about you in this book called the Almanac of Time.
    Donny: The Almanac of Time?
    Emit: Yes, the Almanac of Time. It's a book about life events that took place in the past or I should say in your present timeline which is my past.
    Lisa: So you're saying that this book tells us what we've done or going to do soon.
    Emit: Sorta of. The almanac of time has three tabs: the Events tab, the Descendants tab, and the Legacy Statues tab. The Events tab shows you 3 different outcomes for the future depending on how you treat your world.
    Lisa: What do you mean by how we treat our world?
    Emit: What I mean by that is whether you keep your world looking clean or dirty. Like when you either clean your house or don't clean your house. A clean house will look all sparkly and clean and livable while a dirty house will look disgusting and nasty to the point that no one wants to live there. A clean house equals an utopian future whereas a dirty house equals a dystopian future but only on a grander scale.
    Lisa: So you're saying that if we keep the world looking clean and sparkly then the future will look the one in the picture that's all colorful?
    Emit: Yes, exactly like what's in the picture.
    Lisa: And if we let this world get all filthy and dirty then it will look like the dark picture in on the events page! Wow, that's a lot to take in. And how do make sure that doesn't happen besides keeping the world clean? I mean just to 2 of us can't do it alone, now can we?
    Emit: Well first off, you need to visit the future as it is in my timeline and then one of you will either need to get to level 1 in Advanced Technology or do a set of opportunities that will decide the outcome of the future. But in order to trigger those opportunities, you have to visit the future first like I said earlier and then you come home and click on which future you want to see to get the opportunities to pop up. The opportunities will tell you what you need to do to set the future in motion and once all of the opportunities are completed, then you can visit that future whenever you feel like.
    Lisa: And what if we visit the future now and like the way it looks now?
    Emit: Well if you like that way the future looks when you come to visit, then you don't need to do anything that will trigger the opportunities for the 2 events to happen.
    Lisa: Well that's cool then.
    SsoOmfNl.jpg
    00tBHC1l.jpg

Emit: The Descendants tab shows you your descendants and their family members as well as their net worth. And the Legacy Statues tab shows you 5 legacy statues that one can strive for. But as it's getting late and I'm getting tired, I really need to fix my time portal, I can explain about the other 2 tabs if and when you can to visit with me in the future. So Lisa, I was wondering if you can help me out with my time portal?
    Lisa: I don't know anything about time portals to be working on them as this is the first time that I have ever seen one.
    Emit: I don't need you to help me work on it but I do need you to search your yard for 5 power cells that I need to use for my portal so that I can get back to my timeline. Without those power cells, I'm stuck here in the past, er I mean the present. So can you help me?
    Lisa: Sure I can Mr. Relevart. Just tell me what these power cells look like and I will go in search for them for you.
    Emit: You can call Emit and here is what the power cells look like.
    VfSxW8Rl.jpg

Donny: While Lisa was searching for the power cells for Mr. Relevart, er I mean Emit, he went and started scanning our area to see how eco-friendly it was here. But while he was doing that, I snuck up on him and pelted him with a water balloon getting him all wet. But he told me that he was expecting that from me anyhow.
    Pn6y71il.jpg
    qTnElJMl.jpg
    wZY64Rel.jpg

Lisa: Here you go Mr. Relevart, er I mean Emit. I tried looking for ones that wasn't too broken up but it was nearly impossible to find any that wasn't cracked or too badly damaged. So if those don't work, I can search for more if you need me to.
    Emit: Thank you Lisa. These will do fine since everything inside still looks intact. You did a good job finding ones that look this good.
    Lisa: You're welcome Emit.
    foOz3CNl.jpg

Emit: Now if you excuse, I really need to get to work on fixing my time portal so that I can go home to Oasis Landing. I really hope that the 2 of you will come and visit me sometime as I had fun today talking to you and getting to know the 2 of you.
    Donny: Well we can't make any promises to come and visit but we will try one of these days since we just moved into the house and need to decide what we are going to do with our lives.
    Emit: Trust me when I say that you 2 will do very well for yourselves providing that neither one of you will veer off your paths to greatness. Now I can't talk anymore as I really do need to work on my time portal. So I will see you 2 later.
    Donny & Lisa: Bye Emit. Have a safe trip going back home.
    l43cWRIl.jpg
    XI1EVrql.jpg

Donny: So after seeing our strange visitor off, we went back into the house and sat down to watch TV.

Lisa What the heck just happen Donny? Have you ever seen or heard anything like that before?
    Donny: No I have never seen or heard of anything like that. It's like it was a scene from the movie 'Back to the Future' except Doc didn't want anyone to know that he was from the future and told Marty to also keep quiet about it. But this guy who looks eerily like Doc was all for letting us know what the future holds or could hold depending on how we live.
    Lisa: Do you think that we've just been greeted by the neighbors who decided to play a prank on us being that we are 2 completely strangers to Aurora Skies and they just decided to see what we would do?
    Donny: I wouldn't think that the residents of Aurora Skies would do anything like. Could they? I mean it's been years since I last saw some of the neighbors that was my Aunt's friends but I would imagine that most of them have passed on as well unless their kids are still living here in the area. But whatever happen was just too weird.
    Lisa: You got that right, it's just weird. Maybe this was just a dream and when we wake up in the morning, that strange time portal will be gone forever.
    Donny: Well if you don't mind, I'm going to watch the fishing channel if that's okay by you?
    Lisa: Just as long as I get to watch the cooking channel after your fishing show goes off. Deal?
    Donny: Deal.
    jq2Jwefl.jpg
    e7XRwcjl.jpg

Donny: Hmmm, that looks quite interesting on what he's doing.
    Lisa: Yes does. Oh no, there goes my stomach rumbling, I guess it's time to get something to eat now. How does a salad sound to you?
    yzrrYmFl.jpg

Donny: Sounds good enough to me. Make sure you put some eggs in it as well as you know I love having eggs in my salads. And don't forget my Italian Dressing as well.
    Lisa: Okay, I'll put some sliced up eggs in the salad. I just hope that I have unpacked my gas mask for later so that I don't have to smell you later.
    Donny: Hey!!! Are you saying that I stink after I eat eggs? You know you eat eggs as well, so you will be stinking afterwards as well. So I'm glad that I already unpacked my gas mask already.
    Lisa: You're too funny Donny.
    Donny: Well you started it first.
    8WPgjeYl.jpg
    v8ZYGGZl.jpg
    Qc2lIEkl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 3

Lisa: How's your salad taste Donny?
    Donny: It taste great. And the eggs are done all the way through.
    Lisa: What are you saying about my eggs? Are you trying to tell me that I don't cook my hard-boiled eggs all the way through?
    Donny: Well the yolk is all the same color and doesn't look wet on the inside. Of course you do know that I'm only joking with you as I know that you do know how to cook eggs. But I do remember a time when you didn't let the eggs boil long enough in the water for them to cook thoroughly and the yolks were still runny on the inside.
    Lisa: Well it didn't sound like you were kidding ;) but thank you for telling me that I did a good job on them. And yes, I remember that too because you wouldn't shut up about them for days afterwards as you kept teasing me about it.
    Donny: You're welcome... :) And I tease you because you're so adorable when you blush and try to defend yourself from me... ;)
    IkqU4xNl.jpg

Donny: If feels so great being back in this house and not in that dark and cold apartment that we were renting from the Bridgeport real estate company as they didn't do too well on keeping the water pipes from leaking and fixing the cracked windows and such that made it miserable to live in there.
    Lisa: I agree with you, it's nice to be back in a house with a yard that we can have privacy in. Of course when we looked at the apartment, it was the only one that we could afford to rent at the time since we didn't have a lot of money to be spending on rent and buying groceries every month. Plus it was hard getting a job in Bridgeport because of having to work some hours after dark which would had meant that we would be coming home when most of the vampires was out and about.
    Donny: Yes, I agree that we couldn't find a better place to live in over there. And yes, I agree that it was hard getting a decent job there that only had daytime work hours unless you got a job at the school, but even the teachers have to work past dark on some days.
    Lisa: Yup, that's for sure Donny.
    6kuZ8wRl.jpg

Donny: It will be nice to be able to finally have a small garden so that we can have fresh vegetables once we get settled in and all.
    Lisa: It sure will be nice to finally be able to do that as well as other things such as going out at night for our date nights instead of being date days. And just maybe we will be able to stay at the seasonal festivals until closing instead of trying to hurry home before it gets too dark outside.
    Donny: You're right that we can finally have proper date nights and staying at the festivals longer. I remember the festivals that they had here during the Summer vacations that my parents and I would do here.
    MAkdKAIl.jpg

Lisa: And it's so nice to be able to have water that doesn't look all dirty and such which never really cleaned our dishes up.
    Donny: And especially when we take bathes and showers as well. I still felt all dirty and funky after taking showers in that nasty looking shower. Remember sometimes we would leave the apartment just to go to the gym to use their showers since they had cleaner water than the apartment did?
    Lisa: Oh yes I do. I hated going out feeling all dirty and all. I was worried about people thinking that I stink or something and that I don't take bathes or showers to clean up.
    Donny: I know the feeling.
    HP5T55Sl.jpg

Lisa: Hey Donny, can you put away the leftover salad for me?
    Donny: Sure thing sweetie. This refrigerator is older than we are. We should really look into getting a new one soon as I don't think that food will stay fresh in this one for very long.
    Lisa: I was thinking the same thing when I was getting the food out of it to fix our salad with. It has a musty smell to it doesn't it?
    Donny: Yeah it does.
    bmlDw1ll.jpg

Donny: Well now that the dishes are cleaned up and the leftovers put away, let's see what's in this university bucket that was left out on our porch earlier today, okay?
    Lisa: Sure thing babe. I see a university banner, t-shirt and 2 aptitude test.
    Donny: Well let's take the test to see what majors we might do well in. Here's one for me and one for you.
    Lisa: Thanks Donny. Good luck on yours.
    Donny: You as well.
    o6n01Lwl.jpg
    UVZSBaVl.jpg

Donny: Well I didn't get any credit awards towards my test. And my highest scores are 183 which are both in Technology and Physical Education. How's your scores Lisa?
    1TdCWQMl.jpg

Lisa: I got a 266 in Science & Medicine and Fine Arts which gives me my credit awards for both of them.
    Donny: Congrats Lisa. But of course you were always the smarter one out of the both of us, so it doesn't come as a surprise that you would score higher on your test.
    Lisa: Thank you Donny. You're smart as well.
    Donny: But not as smart as you though. But then that's why I love you so much because you're smarter for the both of us.
    uE4dAOkl.jpg

Donny: Well I'm getting tired now, so I'm going to use the bathroom and then I'm going to bed. We're enroll in classes tomorrow when we get up. Love you Lisa <3
    Lisa: Okay Donny. I'll be in there shortly as I want to read for a little bit. Love you as well <3
    Donny: See, that's why you're smarter than me because you're a bookworm and I just don't have time to read as it's just too much like work in my opinion.
    Lisa: Well you know that once we get into school that you will need to read the books that they assign to us, right?
    Donny: Yes I do know that. Okay goodnight sweetie and don't stay up too late.
    Lisa: Goodnight babe and I won't, I promise.
    Soli6t6l.jpg
    hEhjGQ7l.jpg
    gc270Yil.jpg

Donny: I got up sometime after 1am in the morning and took me a nice hot shower in a nice clean bathtub. Boy I feel so clean now. So much better than that nasty shower in our old beat up apartment.
    MuHWaNel.jpg

Donny: Then I was getting hungry, so I grabbed me a bowl of cereal to eat as I didn't want to dirty up too many dishes. So nice to be able to eat in a place not loaded with roaches and whatever else was living in the apartment with us.
    SItGc8Cl.jpg

Donny: Lisa was sleeping so well in our brand new bed that she was snoring up a storm which was one of the reasons why I had to get up. But joking aside, it's great to see her sleeping so well as it was hard sleeping in the apartment every night not knowing if someone or something will break the door down and try to kill us since the doors in that apartment weren't very sturdy so we had to prop stuff next to the door in hopes that no one can get through it.
    ZfSxF43l.jpg

Donny: And Lisa was right about the water being much cleaner here than at the apartment. Plus you can barely hear it running when it's turned on. The dishes do look much cleaner now than they every did. What a relief that we got away from there when we did. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad that my Aunt died for us to get this house. I much would had rather moved to Aurora Skies and had brought our own home once we had the money for it and for my Aunt to still be alive for us to visit but it didn't happen that way. Life can be pretty cruel at times.
    FFq0pikl.jpg

Donny: After washing my bowl and spoon up, I dug out our High School diplomas and hung them up over the bookcase for us and anyone else to look at. I really think that this move was good for us, being able to have privacy and not hear noisy neighbors banging about their apartments and playing loud music at all hours of the night. The noise made for restless, sleepless nights for both of us unless if one or both of us used earplugs which wasn't an every night thing since we needed to listen for anyone trying to break down our door.
    TAxJTxkl.jpg

Donny: After making sure that the diplomas were hung right, I brought in our desks and put them together so that I could put out laptops on them for us to use. After doing that, I had to move the TV, couch and the area rug over so that there was some room between the desks and the couch.
    p55lYmPl.jpg
    e8Jv0pdl.jpg

Our house at nighttime.
    8LXg7mfl.jpg

And a picture of the waterfalls.
    knn2aFol.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 4

Donny: So after I got done hanging up our high school diplomas, I went over to the university bucket to see what all was in there. I saw a t-shirt that I tried on and then I took out the banner and waved it in the air trying not to make too much noise so that I don't walk Lisa up.
    a9B8A0wl.jpg
    vSYOUtKl.jpg

Donny: Hey, sweetie. Sleep okay in our new bed?
    Lisa yawning: Hey babe. Yes I slept pretty good. How about you?
    Donny: I was sleeping pretty good until I heard the chainsaw cutting wood.
    Lisa: I didn't hear any chainsaw while I was sleeping.
    Donny: Well I did and she was sleeping right next to me... ;)
    Lisa: I have no clue what the heck you are talking about.
    Donny making snoring sounds: You didn't hear these noises because you were making them.
    Lisa: I don't snore. You snore.
    Donny joking: I know I do but so do you.
    Lisa: Then prove it. Take a video of me snoring because I didn't hear anything.
    Donny: I will record next time you start to snore just to prove it to you... ;)
    0staKNvl.jpg

Lisa: I see you already looked into the university bucket and got a t-shirt out of it. Looks good on you.
    Donny: Thank you sweetie. I also got the university banner out of it. I think I saw another shirt and banner in there if you want to try one one.
    FDKWKJwl.jpg

Lisa: Are you hungry for anything yet?
    Donny: No, I'm fine. I just had a bowl of cereal after I took a shower. You really should try out our nice shower as the water doesn't stink and feel all slimy like it did back in Bridgeport.
    Lisa: Okay, just checking. I'm going to have a salad to eat then.
    Donny: Okay, enjoy your salad.
    Lisa: I will.
    rn7Hcral.jpg

Donny: Man, will you get out of my way so that I can score a touchdown.
    Lisa: Playing football with your brother again?
    Donny: Yes and he's trying to block me in the game from scoring for my team.
    FPOUy3vl.jpg

Donny: Oh by the way, did you see that I hung our high school diplomas over the bookcase?
    Lisa: No I didn't, sorry. They look good up there.
    Donny: Thank you sweetie.
    Lisa: We're welcome babe.
    StdImuXl.jpg

Donny: We're enroll for classes tomorrow as we still have our things being delivered today. Is that okay with you?
    Lisa: It's fine. I was going to remind you of that today when we got up as you had already gone to bed.
    Donny: My brother had sent me text reminding me that he will be delivering the rest of our things that we had stored at his house.
    Lisa: I'll just check out this university that we will be going to as they have a website showing what all they have to offer.
    Donny: Okay sweetie you do that where I get my geek on.
    Lisa: Oh wow. You can choose from form living or living in a house. I think that it would be better to live in a house for privacy and such, don't you think?
    Donny: Sure, that sounds good providing that they have any empty houses left to rent from. I'll let you choose the place that we will be staying in, okay?
    Lisa: Okay.
    itcwk0Kl.jpg
    vtvpFaPl.jpg

Lisa: Well I'm going to get me a shower, okay babe?
    Donny: Okay sweetie. I'm going to back to bed for a few hours since I was up earlier putting our desks together and hanging our diplomas. Love you.
    Lisa: Love you too babe.
    Zta2hPGl.jpg

Donny: It's so nice to hear to hear Lisa humming while taking a shower. She's never done that in our nasty shower in our nasty apartment back in Bridgeport. You see, we'd moved there thinking that we were going to make it big in the big city. What we didn't count on was how expensive city living was as well as all of the other beings in the city. You see, we always thought that they were just rumors that Bridgeport was infested with vampires as well as werewolves and witches. Granted not all vampires, witches and werewolves are evil as there are some that are really nice and that they really do care for human life.
    Kjzg2uql.jpg

Lisa: Man that shower was soooo relaxing and refreshing. Never felt like that when taking showers in Bridgeport except from the showers at the gym as city hall has a crew that takes care of the community lots better than they do with the apartments unless the apartments are owned by private owners which then the private owners make sure that the apartments are kept up well which is why they are so much more expensive to live in. And I can look at myself in the mirror as we have better lighting than the apartment ever did as it was always so dark in there. Sure, we we got bright lightbulbs to use but they really didn't brighten up the room due to the dark paint and wallpaper on the walls. Or whatever it was on the walls as it was nasty and disgusting like someone threw up on interior of the unit.
    1O3uHWdl.jpg

Lisa: And using the toilet is so much better as we don't have to worry about something swimming around in the toilet bowl or trying to keep from sitting down on it as the toilet seat was just too disgusting. When we complained about the toilet seat, they told us that they didn't have the funds to go out and buy new toilet seats or even new toilets to replace in all of the units in the building and that if we wanted a new one that we had to buy one from the store ourselves and put on. I also wondered how the health department didn't shut down the apartment and have it razed down so that a new and better one could be built in it's place. I guess someone from the city must had been paying someone under the table to keep the health department from deeming the apartment unlivable or something like that.
    o1WGaoMl.jpg

Lisa: After I was done in the bathroom, I had unpacked some of my kitchen items that we had when we were living in Riverview before moving to Bridgeport. Yes, we're original from Riverview where we grew up at and had lived together in a house for a year before making the move to Bridgeport. When we moved, we didn't take everything that we had owned as we were waiting until we finally got into a nice house on the outskirts of town or a nice apartment. But that never happened due to not being able to find a decent job that had daytime hours. Lucky for us that we were only there in Bridgeport for a month and half before moving here. You see, we were living in the apartment for 2 weeks before Donny got word that his Aunt had passed away and a few days later, we were meeting with the lawyer about her will. So after our meeting with him, we went back to Bridgeport and gave the real estate company our 30 days notice that we would be moving out and leaving Bridgeport. It's a good thing that we were on a month to month lease instead of a yearly lease or else we would had to wait until out lease was up before we could move out of there.
    bearYell.jpg

Lisa: I also took out what totes that we had in the back of our jeep and PT Cruiser and placed them by the back door. I just hope that no one messes with them while they are out there. We are also waiting on the company that's building our little shed that we picked out. Once they have it built, they will bring here and build the foundation for it which will good as I can store our things that can't be put in the house just yet.
    7hQrWRkl.jpg

Lisa: Then Donny's brother showed up and left our other boxes out back as well. Some of them was brought inside as there was some that had our clothes in that we didn't have with us when living in Bridgeport, so they were put by the bed until Donny gets up and things can be unpacked for the bedroom. Of course there are more boxes for the bedroom but they will be in the shed once it gets here and secured down.
    QrblnY1l.jpg

Lisa: Donny's brother built this bench for us to put on our front porch as he knows that we like to sit outside on the front porch. His wife made the cushions that are on it. They are so nice and we love them dearly.
    Kf1iy84l.jpg
    edited January 2022

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 5

Lisa: So after getting everything that we had on Donny's brother's truck and put away whatever I can, I dug out my painting easel and placed it in the backyard under the tree as I wanted to paint, but it started raining and I had to pack it back up and ran back inside.
    dDpINcjl.jpg
    6Kx2QmFl.jpg
    P7OSKTFl.jpg

Lisa: When I got in the house, I decided to go out to the front porch to see if it was okay to paint. Of course it really wasn't but at least my painting wasn't getting wet since the rain was coming straight down and not at an angle. I then heard that Donny was up, so I had packed up my stuff and went back inside to fix us some waffles for breakfast.
    g1Kd8J6l.jpg
    ChJGHHQl.jpg
    Kb2sNzgl.jpg
    3jyHeULl.jpg

Donny: After I got up and used the bathroom, I heard some crying coming from the outside and tried to go see who it was. They paperboy who's name is Lee Jung was out on the porch crying about something, so I wanted to go out and find out what was wrong but he left before I could get outside. Maybe one of these days I can ask him what is wrong. Maybe he's sad that my Aunt was no longer living here as she was friendly to the neighborhood kids since her and my Uncle never had kids of there own.
    U8Ynis7l.jpg
    E1kbHb7l.jpg

Donny: Hey gorgeous. Looking good there sweetie... <3
    Lisa: Hey babe. Thank you my handsome man... :blush:
    Donny: What are you cooking this morning for us?
    Lisa: Waffles. Anything else you want with them?
    Donny: Sounds yummy. And no, waffles will do for now. Did you hear Lee outside crying?
    Lisa: If you mean the paperboy, then yes I heard him crying. Wonder what that was about.
    Donny: I don't know. Maybe he misses my Aunt as she used to bake goodies for everyone in the neighborhood. You know the baking oven and canning station used to be hers. I remember her baking my brothers and sisters chocolate chip cookies whenever we were over to visit with her and my uncle. My family used to rent a house close by for the summer so that we could visit with my Aunt and Uncle during that time. I sure do miss them a lot.
    Lisa: You're probably right about him missing her. I remember when she and your Uncle would come to Riverview to visit with your family and they would bring different cakes and cookies to share with your family. And remember when you all used to pack up for the summer and come here because I would miss you very much during that time and couldn't wait until you were back home.
    jpsELKIl.jpg

Donny: Take that little brother, that is what you get for blocking me earlier this morning when we've played this game.
    Lisa rolling her eyes: Men! Or should I say 'boys' and their games.
    LsYWuKYl.jpg

Donny: Those waffles smell so good. Hopefully they taste just as good as they smell.
    Lisa: Don't worry, they will taste just as good as they smell.
    Donny: I hope so.
    Lisa: Okay Donny, breakfast is served.
    Donny: Okay I'll be there right after I finish kicking my brother's rear end in this game.
    3WPhI08l.jpg
    zDz1SBrl.jpg

Donny: I see my brother was here to bring us our other boxes.
    Lisa: Yeah he got here maybe about an hour after you went back to bed, so I helped him unload the truck and told him where to put the other boxes at. Now we just need to wait for the company to bring us our shed so that we can store the boxes and totes in there. Also the alarm company will be out today to install our alarm that we've picked out.
    Donny: Are you so sure that we will need an alarm on our house? I mean this used to be a very nice neighbor and it doesn't look like a dump to me like Bridgeport does.
    Lisa: What used to be when you were younger could change over time and looks doesn't have anything to do with it either. Plus I'm still a little bit nervous after living in Bridgeport, so maybe over time I won't feel like this anymore.
    Donny: Yeah I guess you're right but still, I think it's just a little too bit overboard. I've always heard that once someone installs an alarm that they end up getting burglarized but let's hope that's just a rumor and nothing to worry about.
    1R0vjw4l.jpg

Lisa: I went outside today and placed my painting easel under the tree and it started to rain on me, so I had to pack it back up and bring it inside where I went out to the porch to paint until I heard you get up to use the toilet.
    Donny: There's a lot of nice scenery here in Aurora Skies that you can paint. I will take you to them one day when the weather is much nicer than this.
    Lisa: That sounds pretty good to me, I can't wait.
    23ljlTbl.jpg

Donny: Did you get this waffle recipe from a book?
    Lisa: Why do you ask?
    Donny: Because I think you're missing an ingredient or 2 from it.
    Lisa: I used the book that was found in your Aunt's bookshelf to make them.
    Donny: I know that book but she used to add other things into the mix that wasn't listed to make them taste better. If I can remember what they were, I'll let you know what they are.
    tRyhUdDl.jpg
    nFj0TCll.jpg

Lisa: Can I get over there and grab your plate?
    Donny: Sure you can. Now I guess you're mad at me for saying something about your waffles?
    Lisa: No, I'm not mad. I'm just a bit disappointed that I didn't know that your aunt had added other things to the mix to make it taste better. Maybe once I can get a garden started that I can have fresh fruits to put in the mix.
    Donny: There is community garden just right around the corner from us that my Aunt used to go to to get her fresh vegetables from that I will take you there one day so that we can go and pick some for us. And if you want, we can buy some planter boxes and grow a couple of things over here so that they will be here when needed. Okay?
    bxlJMFMl.jpg
    Post edited by lisasc360 on

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 6

Donny: Well it looks like it's going to be raining all day and nice and clear the rest of the week. But if I remember correctly, then the weather can change from day to day.
    Lisa: Yup, Mother Nature can throw at us whatever she wants and not give a care about someone's plans for the day.
    IEaUKVUl.jpg

Lisa: I know you didn't like these waffles as they didn't taste good to you but I'm keeping them to eat for myself.
    Donny: I didn't say that I didn't like them, I just said that they were missing a few ingredients. But other than that, they were still good, just not great like my Aunt's was.
    Lisa: Well anyhow, they're be in the refrigerator in case you want anymore of them.
    0ytdHRLl.jpg

Lisa: Our little shed came and was put up. As things get better for us, the shed will get bigger as well. But this will do for now since we really don't have a lot of room inside for our boxes.
    w0Tp8KHl.jpg

Lisa: I had also unpacked the boxes in our bedroom and put out our TV tray stands to use as nightstands next to the bed. We used the TV tray stands in our apartment in Bridgeport as there wasn't much room in there for a dining table to use.
    hRFvw3rl.jpg

Lisa: And the alarm company came and installed our alarm for us. I feel so much better now knowing that is someone breaks in that the cops will show up. When we were living in Bridgeport, I had heard that the cops wouldn't go into some of the rundown buildings or apartments when the cops were needed as they feared for their lives which is quite sad being that it's their job to investigate crime scenes and break-ins.
    pGke25Ql.jpg

Lisa: I'd even put up my clock that I had when we were still living in Riverview. I placed it over the baking oven so that I can keep track of the time of the cakes, cookies and bread that I may fix later.
    9x8hDHGl.jpg

Lisa: While Donny was watching the news, I read a book. At least from what I heard from the news, Aurora Skies is a tamer place to live in compared to Bridgeport. Everyday, we would here about people disappearing without a trace or that there was a break-in at some businesses or apartments or someone getting mugged and possibly killed if they didn't do what the thieves wanted them to do. But then again, the thieves would still kill the victims even after they did what the thieves wanted just so that they wouldn't be able to picked out of a line-up at the police station. Donny and I should consider ourselves lucky to not have been a victim of crime while we were there for the short amount of time that we were there.

Donny then turned it to the sports station to get the latest scores on his favorite teams and to see what was happening at the ski contest over in Hidden Spring.
    ZJhLqv7l.jpg

Lisa: But as I was still reading, my phone started to ring, so I answered to see who it was. It was a call from the Cuisine and Contracts Business Park asking me if I wanted to participate in their food cook-off, so I accepted. They told that I have until Thursday night to enter a dish. So I got started working on my famous Mac & Cheese dish.
    DmuI1Mrl.jpg
    baDMpAwl.jpg
    N4ceElel.jpg

Lisa: Once it was completed and I got covered up, I headed on out to enter the dish at the Cuisine and Contracts Business Park after I had entered the address into my GPS. Once I got there, I hurried up to get out of the rain so that I don't catch a cold or something. I just hope that they like my dish. I came out of the building 50 simoleons richer as they liked my dish. They were blown away by and and asked me what all that I had put into it. So I told them that it was lobster, crab and shrimp that I had used as well as other ingredients. In fact, I gave them a copy of the recipe as some of them wanted me to send them one when I got a chance.
    https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Lobster_-Crab-and-Shrimp-Macaroni-and-Cheese-9106909
    (Of course I've never had this but wanted to pick something that would sound like a winner if I ever had to enter into a cooking competition.)
    c6bjiTkl.jpg
    abOgdDul.jpg
    6W8oaPbl.jpg
    Yjh6rJll.jpg

Donny: Well how did the cook-off go? Did they like your food?
    Lisa: They were blown away by the food. I won 50 simoleons from the contest.
    Donny joking: Oh that's good. I was worried that they wouldn't be pleased with it.
    Lisa: Now you know they would as that is your favorite dish. :kissing:
    g87tVQKl.jpg

Lisa: Speaking of food, I'm getting hungry now. How does Goopy Carbonara sound to you?
    Donny: That sounds good.
    x5NQHPFl.jpg

Lisa: Smells good to me. I hope that Donny likes it.
    Donny joking: Are you burning the food up out there in the kitchen?
    Lisa: No Donny, I'm not burning the food up... :p But I do have a mess out here on the stove.
    Donny: Don't worry about it now, I will clean it up after we eat dinner sweetie.
    3WYkSDzl.jpg
    DvmIqXYl.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 7

Lisa: Dinner's ready Donny.
    Donny joking: Okay Lisa, I'm coming. Smells and looks good but does it taste good is the question!
    Lisa joking: Oh Donny, you know it'll taste good.
    Donny joking: Well I'll be the judge of that... ;)
    D6juUoLl.jpg

Donny: You know Lisa, I think that you need a spa day to yourself. I've been reading about the local spa here in town and they offer a wide range of spa treatments.
    Lisa: Well thank you for saying that.
    Donny: I know how much you've talked about trying out the spa in Bridgeport but was always worried about the cost of it since everything in Bridgeport was way over priced. Plus I've seen your facial products in the bathroom and they look like they need to be thrown away as the tubes seem empty to me.
    Lisa: Yup, I've always wanted to try going to a spa as it looks relaxing and everything but the cost was always a turn off for me. And yes, I know but it's just I like to get every drop out of the tubes before throwing them away.
    Qu3IOMel.jpg

Lisa: So how did you like the Goopy Carbonara? And be honest about it as it's the only way that I will know if I need to do anything differently.
    Donny: Well it tasted good but it was a little undercooked.
    Lisa: Well I did let it cook for the time it said in the recipe unless it's because of the stove being so old which if that is the case, then we need to replace it soon.
    Donny: Yeah I suppose that could be the reason why the food hasn't been that great. And no, I'm not saying that you're a bad cook because you're a good cook. And I know that good cooks have their bad days when it comes to cooking.
    cB0KAStl.jpg

Donny: You do the dishes and I will clean the stove like I said I would, okay?
    Lisa feeling frustrated: Okay.
    GzOFFWCl.jpg

Donny: I'll put the leftovers away so that we can have them for later, okay?
    Donny: What's the matter Lisa?
    Lisa: Nothing.
    Donny: It doesn't sound like anything?
    Lisa: I'm going to back to my painting that I've started earlier today.
    1KLL3CDl.jpg
    tfUH3Dil.jpg

Donny: Lisa, turn around and look at me. Please?
    Lisa looking at Donny: Why?
    Donny: Because I want to do this and to tell you that I love you.
    Lisa: I Love you too Donny.
    Donny: No need to feel frustrated about the food being bad. We're replace the oven when we get from our 1st semester at the university. Okay?
    Lisa: I know but I just feel bad that my cooking isn't up to par at the moment. You know I'm a natural born cook but just hit a few snags here and there when trying a new recipe. And that sound goods. We're look online to see what we can find and compare prices with other online stores.
    Donny: Well that's way it takes practice and patience when it comes to trying new recipes as you're just learning them for the 1st time and no one expects them to come out right the first time around. Or even the 2nd time around which is why cooks keep cooking them is to get the right taste and texture just right. And yes, we can look online for stoves.
    Lisa: You're right about practice and patience when it comes to cooking.
    Donny: I know, I'm always right... ;)
    Lisa: Not always... :p
    fQXKVfAl.jpg

Donny: Now shut up and come here.
    0iH2lTwl.jpg
    y2ioIX2l.jpg

Donny: I do love our new bed as it's comfortable and it doesn't squeak and shake when we turn over in it. The last one always felt like it was going to fall down on us.
    Lisa: Yup. And the mattress was way too hard and the springs felt like they were poking me in my back.
    ggXAIsKl.jpg

Donny: Yeah, right. And it made it harder to snuggle with you like this.
    Lisa: Yes it was.
    vPnTVfZl.jpg
    J4Di3mhl.jpg

Lisa: Dang! My cellphone is ringing.
    Donny: Don't answer it. Let it go voice mail. It's probably a spam call anyhow.
    Lisa: You're probably right. And who in their right mind would be calling at 11:00 pm except for spammers who doesn't know what time it is in this part of the world.
    RkI9RZ5l.jpg

Lisa: Sorry Donny but I got to answer the phone as they won't stop calling whoever it is.
    Donny feeling frustrated: Okay, but I'm going to go to sleep now that the mood was broken by that dang phone ringing nonstop.
    Lisa: Well it seem that the Füd Feud Diner located where the Everfresh Delights Supermarket is now wants me to enter into their food cook-off. I went and accepted it but I don't think that I will be able to complete it in time if we enroll to the university tomorrow.
    Donny snoring: --
    Lisa: Oh well, he didn't hear so I might as well join him now.
    UtMVw9Gl.jpg
    dxRfsi8l.jpg
    50xlHlhl.jpg
    xD2baqxl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 8

Donny: So over night we had gotten a surprise visitor in the form of a burglar named Erla Nilsen. She freaked out when the alarm that Lisa paid to have installed in our house yesterday. It's a good thing that Lisa decided to have an alarm installed or else we would be short of 2 laptop computers.
    0Gqfjafl.jpg
    baNHVi8l.jpg

Donny: Officer Annie Zhong showed when she heard over her in-car radio of an attempted burglary in process.
    jHJuQEFl.jpg

:Donny: Officer Zhong comes into the house while Erla Nilsen goes outside. I guess there was no need for Officer Zhong to arrest Erla Nilsen as she didn't spot any stolen good on Erla as she told Erla to leave. Erla Nilsen then gets into the drivers seat of a taxi cab and leaves. I guess she isn't making much money as a taxi cab driver as she has to go and try to rob poor innocent people of their belongs. Thank the watcher that it was a failed attempt on her part.
    OJDdOHAl.jpg
    f79dg7dl.jpg

Lisa: So Officer Zhong comes strolling into our bedroom to have a look around just to make sure that nothing was missing and makes her way around to me to ask me questions about what I know about the attempted burglary. Of course I told her that I didn't know anything about the attempted burglary as we were sound asleep in our bed until the alarm went off waking us up. But she didn't seem too satisfied with my answer as she mocked me.
    k9HRlIhl.jpg

Officer Zhong: Miss Dawnlight, what can you tell me about the attempted burglary that just took place in your house.
    Lisa: Well we were sleeping soundly in our bed until the alarm with off and my fiancée peeked out the bedroom door and seen the burglar freaking out because the alarm was going off.
    Officer Zhong: It states in the county records that the alarm was just installed yesterday, a day after you and Mr. Lorde moved in. Is this correct?
    Lisa: Yes ma'am, it's correct. We just wanted to feel safe in our house that his aunt left us in her will.
    Officer Zhong: You do know that you're attracting attention to yourselves by installing an alarm in your house, don't you?
    Lisa: What does that have to do with us getting burglarized? I thought that alarms are suppose to help people sleep better at night knowing that they feel secure!
    Officer Zhong: It has a lot to do with you getting burglarized. When someone gets an alarm installed, it becomes public knowledge. And when it becomes public knowledge, the local burglars as well as ones from out of town then will decide to see how well the alarm works by attempting to burglarize the home. And if they're successful the first time around, then they will be back to make another attempt at breaking into the house.
    YlhdSFul.jpg
    LLINDX2l.jpg

Officer Zhong: So can you explain why you thought that you needed to have an alarm installed in your house? You see, we don't have very many burglaries and crime in Aurora Skies as everyone in town all know each other. And then you move in and a burglar tries to break into your house.
    Lisa: Well you see Officer Zhong, we just moved here from Bridgeport and we didn't feel safe living there. There was way too much crime going on despite the fact that local news stations and newspapers didn't have any write-ups about any crime taking place.
    Officer Zhong: Then why live there if you didn't feel safe there?
    Lisa: We moved there from Riverview in hopes of getting well paid jobs so that we could live in the lap of luxury. I want to be a doctor while Donny wants a career in the military. And like I've said, according to the research that we did before moving there, the crime rate wasn't very high. But we soon found out that was a lie as the local officials kept whatever crime that took place out of the news as they were trying to bring in new residents to the city and they didn't want to scare them away.
    Officer Zhong: And did you do research on our fine town about the crime rates here?
    Lisa: Yes we did but I wasn't going to fall for that again. We came here because my fiancée came here as child with his family for summer vacations and he loved it. He has fond memories from his visits with his Aunt, so he didn't feel right about selling her house after it was left to him since his aunt and uncle never had kids of their own to leave it to. And granted that we could had let one of his siblings live here but they all have homes that the all own themselves and we didn't.
    oSwlBbKl.jpg
    XBNPFbzl.jpg

Officer Zhong: You expect me to believe that sob story that you just told me?
    Lisa: Look, I don't care what you believe but it's the truth.
    Officer Zhong: BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I'm not listening to you. The robbery was your fault for installing an alarm in your house.
    Lisa: Okay, don't listen to me but I will be reporting you to your superiors for your attitude towards me. And I would thought that someone like you would appreciate the fact that someone cares enough about their house to have an alarm installed in their so that the police department can catch the robbers in a timely manner.
    Officer Zhong: You do whatever you think that you need to do but know this, my superiors won't do anything to me as they can't fire me.
    Lisa: Oh we will see about that... :angry::rage:
    Officer Zhong: I hope that I don't have to come back out here anymore.
    Lisa: I hope you don't as you are rude and not a nice person.
    XsdkE7ol.jpg

Lisa: Man, I'm glad she's gone. She was very rude and condescending to me. If she's going to have that type of an attitude, then she shouldn't be a cop.
    Donny: Don't let what she said worry you and get you all upset. You did a good thing by having someone come out and install that alarm that I was so against getting. I'm glad that I've listened you. And as always, you're right and I was wrong.
    Lisa joking: Oh my!! Did you just admit that I was right and you were wrong? Oh my, it's going to storm now!!!
    Donny: Yes I did, but don't expect me to say it all of the time as the man is always right... ;)
    q6xfFoJl.jpg
    VVQiyaWl.jpg

Lisa: And why are you going outside to check the mail in your underwear, Donny?
    Donny: Because I can and besides, no one is awake yet to see me like this... :p
    gAWtMkrl.jpg
    6bxi2lGl.jpg

Lisa: So I went back to my painting since I'm up and it's almost time for breakfast.
    Donny: You're first painting is looking good.
    Lisa: Thank you Donny.
    S3yEq5el.jpg

Donny: While you're finishing up your painting, I'm going to race my brother in this racing game. Get out of my way you nitwit.
    Lisa: Are you calling your brother a nitwit?
    Donny: Yes I am. He's trying to block me from taking over 1st place in the race.
    hjf4zHtl.jpg

Lisa: My finished painting worth 30 simoleons if I ever decide to sell it.
    Donny: Are you planning to sell it?
    Lisa: Probably not as it's not that great but I as I get better at painting, then I might sell some of them for extra money.
    Donny: Once we get enough money to where we can expand our house, I will make sure that you have your art studio so that you can have your own room to paint in.
    Lisa: Okay Donny. That sounds great to me.
    Donny: Glad you think so. Anything for the love of my life... <3
    BfkMgWOl.jpg

Lisa: I'm going to fix breakfast now. How does pancakes sound this morning?
    Donny: Sounds good to me.
    Lisa: Okay, pancakes it is today.
    zr9w9lMl.jpg

Donny: Smells delicious out there. Let's hope that they taste just as good as they smell.
    Lisa: I hope so as well. I can't wait until we get a better stove so that I cook our food better than what I've been cooking with this stove.
    RvrRRjbl.jpg
    PmOl7MTl.jpg

Lisa: Okay Donny, breakfast is ready now.
    Donny: Okay Lisa. Just let me finish up my last lap here so that I can win this race against my brother.
    Lisa: Okay Donny but be too long as the pancakes will get cold.
    ZBqU7JXl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 9

Lisa: So what do think about the pancakes? They're good to me but I think that they will taste better if I had strawberries or blueberries in them.
    Donny: Some of the pancakes didn't get down all the way though. But that's not your fault as the stove is old and needs to be replaced with a newer one.
    1ydbEzsl.jpg

Lisa: So I was thinking that when we enroll for our classes that we should do 2 semesters and try to get 24 credits to help us try to get to our goals a lot faster. So what do you think about doing that?
    Donny: That sounds like a plan. The sooner we get our degrees for what we want to do, the sooner we can get into our chosen careers and start earning money. After breakfast is done and cleaned up, I will get us enrolled in our classes.
    Lisa: Okay, that sounds good.
    qywgbjwl.jpg

Lisa: You know, I already have 6 credits towards art and science degrees already.
    Donny joking: Yes I know. You don't have to rub it in my face that you're smarter than me... :p
    oKdlenFl.jpg

Lisa: I think you forgot my plate Donny.
    Donny: You were still eating when I got up to wash my plate... :p
    Ce6MeBVl.jpg

Donny: You put away the leftovers while I'll clean up the dirty counter, okay?
    Lisa: Okay Donny. Thank you for cleaning the counter for me.
    Donny: No problem sweetie. I don't mind helping out around the house.
    Y7IQ0jol.jpg

Lisa: So I sat down to watch a horror movie while Donny gets us enrolled in our classes.
    Donny: You know you're going to have nightmares watching that movie, right?
    Lisa: I don't have nightmares when I watch these horror movies.
    Donny joking: Sure you do. I have to listen to you talking or should I say, yelling for help while your sleeping.
    Lisa: Prove it. I don't believe you. Record me next time when I wake you up from my dreams... :p
    pxF5pJJl.jpg

Donny: Okay, I just looked in their website and see that they have a couple of empty houses for rent that we can choose from. One is a 2 bedroom house while the other one is a 1 bedroom place. I think the 1 bedroom would be good enough for us and it's right across the street from where our classes should be at. What do you think?
    Lisa: That one sounds good as I'm sure that they other one is more money to pay for rent. Plus if we're across the street from the classroom buildings, then we shouldn't be late for classes then.
    Donny: Okay then, I will go and tell them that's the one that we want. And you want to do 2 semesters and try for 24 credits this go around, right?
    Lisa: That's right.
    9dejyItl.jpg

School administrator: School administrator, how can help you?
    Donny: Yes, I would like to enroll myself and my fiancée in some courses at your school.
    SA: Okay, just give a second as I need to get your email address so that I can email you to forms that you will need to fill out.
    Donny: Okay. The email address is Capt.picard@sim.com.
    SA: Okay, they e-forms should be in your mailbox. Just fill them out and send them back so that we can approve them. And do you know where you want to in, a dorm or a house?
    Donny: Thank you. We want to stay in the Frome's Cabin at 1057 University Drive if it's still available.
    SA: Yes, that house is still available. The rent for that one is 158 simoleons per week. How many weeks do you plan on attending classes?
    Donny: We will be applying for a 2 week stay.
    SA: Okay. It's in the computer listed under your name. Just make sure that you also list the house and address on the your registration form as well so that the person who looks at your registration will see that you will be staying in that house. Once you get, we will give a copy of the registration form for your safe keeping. Is there anything else that I can do for you, sir?
    Donny: Thank you ma'am. I see that once the application has been approved that someone from the university comes out and picks us up. Is that right?
    SA: Yes sir, it is. Once we review your application and get it approve, then we send out a university moving van to come and get whatever you're going to bring with you to the university and have everything moved either into your dorm or house that you will be staying in. Is there anything else that I can help you with sir?
    Donny: Thank you for answering my question. And no, there isn't anything else that I need at the moment.
    SA: Okay, sir. We will see you in about a day. Oh yeah, one more thing that I need to add, just make sure that you get here on time so that you can be at the meet and greet at the student building for your orientation. Your class schedules will be left at the house that you will be staying in as well as sent to you to your email address that you have provided to us. Have a nice day and good luck with getting whatever classes that you and your fiancée want to take.
    Donny: Thank you again ma'am.
    KSJPCusl.jpg

Donny: Okay Lisa, I will fill out the applications that the school administrator has to sent to my email and then we can go and pack our suitcases as the moving van will be here soon after the administration approves our applications and assigns is our classes.
    Lisa: Okay, I will go and start to pack my stuff up so that I can be ready for them when they get here.
    Donny: Get out your umbrella and use it so that you don't get sick before we get to the university.
    Lisa: Okay Donny. You do the same thing as well.
    j6s4OrRl.jpg

Donny: Okay Lisa, here comes the moving van. Are you ready for this?
    Lisa: I see it coming. And yes, I'm ready to go and get started on our higher education.
    Donny: Good, so am I. I love you Lisa <3.
    Lisa: I love you too Donny <3.
    EjhBBw7l.jpg

Donny: And we are now leaving Aurora Skies for 2 weeks to attend the university about 3 hours up the road.
    CPXWzNsl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 10

Donny: So after about a 3 and half drive from Aurora Skies to Sims University, we finally arrived to the house that we will be staying in for next 2 weeks. This will be our home away from home.

Donny: So Lisa, what do think you think of this house that you picked out without looking at the pictures of it?
    Lisa: It looks cozy to me but let me see inside of it.
    Donny: Okay, let's go inside then and get settled down. Ladies first.
    Lisa: Give me one of the keys so that I can unlock the door for us, please?
    Donny: Sure thing. Here you go and be careful going up the stairs.
    Lisa: Thank you and I will. Okay, I'm unlocking the door now. Oh this is nice inside but the kitchen has the same refrigerator and stove that we have at home which probably means that the food that I cook will the cooked uneven.
    Donny: Yikes! Well we could see if we can either get a better stove put in or just buy a microwave and just eat microwaved food or just go to Simburger to eat.
    Lisa: Yeah, let's see if they can either get us a better stove or a microwave to use as I don't want to eat burgers every single day that we're here.
    VzeU36Bl.jpg
    HnWu12Dl.jpg

Lisa: Oh look Donny, here's our schedules for our 1st semester here. I have 3 science classes and 1 art class.
    Op5Dogll.jpg

Donny: Let me see mine. I have 3 technology classes and 1 Physical Education class. What's up with the PE class if I'm trying to get into technology in the military?
    Lisa: You're need to still go through boot camp when you go sign up for the military. So wouldn't you want to be prepared for the physical training of your military career?
    Donny: Yeah I know that I need to go boot camp but I....never mind, you're right that I do need to be prepared to do physical activity when I go to boot camp. Don't won't to be one of those slackers who ruin it for the rest of the squad and have to do extra push-ups or longer hikes with all of that gear that they make you wear.
    Lisa: I know I'm right... ;)
    Donny: Okay Lisa, don't let that go to your head now... ;)
    vaqXlwUl.jpg

Donny: Maybe we should head on over to the student building a bit early for the meet and greet, okay?
    Lisa: Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Maybe they will allow us to look around the building as that is one of the where I have to go for a lecture on Tuesday from 8 to 10 am.
    Donny: I have one on Thursday from 4 to 6 pm over there as well.
    7SmSnyzl.jpg

Lisa: I wonder if they have a cafeteria in this building as well?
    Donny: I didn't see one listed on their website. So we're just have to carry some food and drinks with us so that we can have a quick snack to have.
    Lisa: Well anyhow, I'm going to go sit down and read my book for a little bit, okay Donny?
    Donny: Okay, you go do that as I'm going over to the next room to check it out.
    Db56geIl.jpg
    kNjkgTml.jpg
    vBYYctml.jpg

Lisa: You called me over, what do you want to show me?
    Donny: I wanted to you to see this room and what I've done on the board.
    Lisa: Well I don't see anything but a bunch of scribbles.
    Donny: Scribbles? That doesn't look like scribbles to me, it's a diagram that I've drew up.
    Lisa laughing: You call that a diagram? It just looks like a bunch of junk to me... ;)
    BBsSYJRl.jpg

Donny: Okay, you shut up and come here... <3
    ainO5Wdl.jpg

Donny: Have I told you today how beautiful you look?
    Lisa: No, not yet... :blush:
    Donny: Well you do look beautiful today and everyday and I love you so very much. <3
    Lisa blushing: Owww, thank you. And I love you very much as well... <3
    HbyjMVOl.jpg

Donny: I can't wait until we get back to our house as there's a few things that I like to do with you.
    Lisa: Oh yeah, like what?
    Donny: I can't tell you here as I don't want anyone to hear me say them... :blush:
    Lisa: You can whisper them in my ear if you want.
    Donny: Nah, I'll just let you keep guessing on what it is... ;)
    Lisa: You know you're a big tease, right?
    Donny: Yes, I do know that.
    tULwRx4l.jpg
    YL8m8qtl.jpg

Donny: Hey let's take a romantic picture together in front of this contraption here.
    Lisa: That contraption is a science machine that I will be learning how to use while we're here.
    Donny: Oh is that what that is, a science machine. Okay, I'm getting my phone out for our selfie so that we can post these to Simbook for all of our family and friends to look at.
    iOWx2q5l.jpg
    Q3GMVRpl.jpg

Donny: Are you sure that you want to be messing around with that now? Because if you break it, we have to buy it.
    Lisa: Don't worry Donny, I'm just doing a little science research on it. And don't be silly about me breaking it because I didn't see anything on the website about having to pay for anything that we break. And besides, they have maintenance crews that come in and work on these during the off hours so that they can make sure that they keep working for the next day anyhow... :p
    Donny: Yeah, okay. But just make sure that you don't do anything weird on that thing, okay?
    Lisa: What kind of weird stuff are you talking about?
    Donny: Well I don't know, maybe like cloning yourself or me. Haven't you ever seen those movies where someone uses a machine like this to create another human being?
    Lisa: You do know that they are just special effects and not real life, right?
    Donny: Yes but I've been reading online about doctors and scientists coming up with ways to replicate human cells that can help with people who have life changing injuries as well as trying to clone a human to be able to use them for transplant patients. They also want to clone humans so that the military could send in the clones to do the fighting as well as to search for underground bombs in warzones.
    Lisa: Well I think things like that are a long way off. Heck, it probably won't even happen in our lifetime anyhow.
    Donny: Okay Lisa, if you say so. But I do believe that it will happen in our lifetime.
    Lisa: And what if it is? I mean the thought of having a clone of the person who needs a transplant or needs something from someone who's match isn't a bad idea at all, is it?
    Donny: Well, no it isn't. But I just think that it would be weird to see a copy of someone that I love. I think that it would be confusing for others as well to see 2 of me or 2 of you, don't you think?
    Lisa: Well I would imagine that if someone does have to have a clone of themselves that the clone would be kept at a hospital or some facility for future uses so that they're not out running around risk getting injured or killed before they can be used to treat the real person.
    Donny: Yeah, I suppose you're right about that, but it's just a bit too freaky to me.
    1SWJSuRl.jpg

Donny: Well while you'll doing that, I'm going back to the drawing board and work some more on my diagram, okay?
    Lisa: Sure Donny, you do that.
    87fmuXfl.jpg

Donny: Well I'm done with my diagram for now, so I'm going to play on the computer until it's time for the meet and greet, okay Lisa?
    Lisa: Okay Donny. I'll see you when I'm done doing my research. Love you <3.
    Donny: Love you too <3.
    SGlrS0Al.jpg

Lisa: So it's time for the meet and greet which is upstairs in the same building that we're in.
    JAW5maal.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 11

Lisa: When I got upstairs, both Alfred Jobb and I headed on over to the freebies table with him in front of me until he allowed me to go ahead of him.

Alfred Jobb: Hi, my name is Alfred Jobb.
    Lisa: Hi Alfred. I'm Lisa Dawnlight. It's nice to meet you.
    AJ: It's nice to meet you as well. Are you going to freebie table as well?
    Lisa: Yes I am.
    AJ: Well you can go ahead of me as I don't mind.
    Lisa: Thank you Alfred. I won't be too long looking at the table.
    AJ: You're welcome. And you can take your time looking.
    K6e27jUl.jpg

Lisa: After I took a look at the table and moved over for Alfred to look, then Donny came over and grabbed himself a frisbee while I got a can of soda. Then after that, we took some romantic photos over in the photo booth that we will hang up when we back home in Aurora Skies.
    xkHOtQCl.jpg
    FMNbgRYl.jpg

Lisa: While Donny and I was taking out pictures, the university mascot walks on by.
    zRJHrjXl.jpg

Donny: Hey Lisa, want to go play some ping pong?
    Lisa: Sure Donny, it sounds like fun.
    wAm3Jlbl.jpg

Donny: Prepare to get your rear end beat.
    Lisa: Not likely to happen.
    Donny: You wanna bet?
    Lisa: Sure. What should we bet on?
    Donny: If I win, we play pool. If you win, we can go bowling. Deal?
    Lisa: Deal!
    T2VeRc3l.jpg

Lisa: YAY! A score for me.
    Donny: It'll be your only score that you get.
    Lisa: Don't be too sure about that.
    ZrwBlkpl.jpg

Donny: Haha, I got a point now. So you better watch out.
    Lisa: Well look here, I got 2 more points on you now...lol... :p
    fThbn2gl.jpg

Lisa: So the game kept on going until a winner came out on top. (The rest of the ping pong photos are under the spoiler with the exception of the last one where it shows the winner.
    wia9XGPl.jpg
    NtcP7R5l.jpg
    sY7s1uLl.jpg
    ksCsd85l.jpg

Lisa: WOOT! I won, I won, I won.
    Donny: More like you cheated.
    Lisa: Cheated?
    Donny: Yeah, cheated. I wasn't ready for some of those serves... :p
    Lisa: Oh just admit it, you're not very good at ping pong.
    Donny: Oh you just wait, I will kick your rear in a rematch once I get some practice in.
    Lisa: Yeah yeah yeah! We shall see... :p
    hOP1ozPl.jpg
    jWFKfuAl.jpg
    67sOajGl.jpg

Lisa: Well I'm getting hungry. Want to buy a piece of cake from the stand?
    Donny: Sure. I'm getting hungry as well.
    Lisa: Excuse me sir!
    Donny: I don't think he hears you. Here let me try. Excuse me. We would like to buy a piece of cake from you.
    Sales guy: I'm on break right that moment, so you're have to come back in 15 minutes.
    Lisa: Come Donny, let's go play some video games and then we'll go bowling afterwards, okay?
    Donny: Okay Lisa.
    ZyhQED4l.jpg
    NeIPMJbl.jpg

Lisa: Hi Alfred. having fun?
    AJ: Hi Lisa. Yes, I'm having fun. How about you?
    Lisa: So far, so good. I just kicked my fiancé's rear end in ping pong.
    AJ: Congrats to you... :) Playing some video games now?
    Lisa: Yeah and then afterward, we're going to go bowling next.
    AJ: Sounds good.
    Lisa: Thanks!
    AJ: You're welcome!
    fApKyYcl.jpg

Donny: Just getting my nerd on over here...lol...This is so fun. Once we have enough money to expand our house, I would like to have a gaming room in it loaded with all kinds of video games.
    WuPCLjEl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 12

Lisa: Okay Donny, let's head on over to the bowling alley now.
    Donny: Okay Lisa. Hey! Where did you get the bike from?
    Lisa: From the bike rack.
    JfIq6O3l.jpg

Donny: Hey Lisa, wait up for me.
    0dC3y05l.jpg

A picture of Jeffery Dean just because the watcher wanted so snap a picture of him.
    WV72Wkll.jpg

Donny: Woah, that was pretty tiring. I need to get in shape for more physical activity but at least I'm here. I saw Lisa made it okay as well.
    OElwMmpl.jpg

Lisa: Slow poke. What took you so long getting here?
    Donny: It's not my fault if you're faster than I am. And besides I needed to choose a bike that would fit me.
    Lisa: Yeah sure... :p I'm just kidding. I got us a lane to play on. Ready for me to kick your rear end again?
    Donny: I'll like to see that happen. I know how you bowl and it's not good... ;)
    Lisa: Okay we shall see about that.
    CFwdpk1l.jpg

Shasha Parks to Donny: Hey there handsome.
    Donny looking around blushing: :blush:
    Ruby Parks to Donny: We have a lot in common and I would like to get to know you some more.
    Donny looking a bit worried: :neutral:
    OO7m7R0l.jpg
    zi4XnbRl.jpg
    aR6HDqcl.jpg

Lisa: Okay ladies, you're talking to my fiancé. So you better stop as he's with me.
    Ruby and Shasha: We shall see about that!
    Ruby: If you're not married yet, then he's available to whomever wants him.
    Shasha: What my sister said. We will have him before the end of the semester is over with.
    Ruby to Shasha: Sorry sister, but I saw him first. So I'll have him before the semester ends.
    Lisa: No one is getting him except me.
    Ruby: You can have him back when you 2 get married provided that he hasn't fallen in love with me by then.
    Donny: Sorry Ruby, but that won't happen as I'm very much in love with Lisa. I'm hers and she's mine and I will not be getting with anyone else while we're here.
    Ruby: Whatever you say but I won't be giving up on you.
    Donny: You can try but I'm not interested in anyone else. I'm only interested in Lisa and getting a degree in technology so that I can go into the military to do military programming and communications as well as trying my hand at engineering.
    Ruby to Lisa: And what are trying for? Or are you here just to make sure that he doesn't cheat on you?
    Lisa to Ruby: No, I'm not here just to make sure that he doesn't cheat. I'm here to get a degree in science and medicine so that I can get in the medical career.
    Ruby: You don't look like someone who should be in medicine.
    Lisa: Oh Yeah. And what do I look like I should be doing then little Miss Prissy?
    Ruby: You look like you should be in retail. Or better yet, a janitorial job scrubbing toilets.
    Donny to Lisa: Don't listen to Ruby. She's just mad because I'm refusing to be her boy toy during the semester.
    Lisa to Donny: Oh don't worry Donny, I'm not letting her get to me. She's just a nobody to me.
    Ruby to Lisa: I'll show you who's a nobody...
    Donny to Ruby: Just shut up already Ruby and leave us alone already.
    Ruby to Donny: Oh, I like that attitude in a man.
    Donny to Ruby: I'm only going to tell once more that I'm not interested in you. End of story.
    Ruby to Donny: Yeah okay. But yo will regret not getting with me.
    Donny not listening to Ruby: Blah blah blah blah!!!!
    OnqMxe9l.jpg
    mOxeQOAl.jpg

Lisa: OOPS! I didn't mean to do that.
    1hVmieOl.jpg

Ruby laughing at Lisa: You couldn't even hit the broadside of a barn to save your life...lol
    3UAgAwxl.jpg

Donny joking with Lisa: BOOO! You stink at bowling... :p
    Ruby to Lisa: Even your own fiancé thinks you're a bad bowler.
    Donny and Lisa both at yelling at Ruby: SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!
    Donny to Ruby: Lisa knows that I'm only kidding with her. She's good at sports. She was captain for the girls softball team in high school and voted as our high school prom queen.
    Lisa to Ruby: You don't know anything about my fiancé to say something like that. We love to kid around with each other like that.
    Ruby looking at Lisa: Prom Queen, huh? That should be Queen of Scrubbing Toilets in my opinion as I wouldn't vote for you as prom Queen.
    Donny to Ruby: I said that's enough Ruby. I'm done listening to you and your snide remarks to my fiancée.
    Donny to Lisa: Just disregard Ruby and keep bowling. Once we finish this game up, we're head back home so that we get something to eat and some rest for tomorrow.
    Lisa to Donny: That sounds good as I am getting hungry.
    Ruby to Lisa: I hope you choke on your food.
    Shasha to Ruby: Will you stop already with harassing Donny and Lisa. If Donny's not interested in you, then just leave him alone as there are plenty of other guys to choose from.
    Ruby to Shasha: What did you just say to me?
    Shasha to Ruby: I said would you stop harassing Donny and Lisa? Grandmother wouldn't like it if she knew that you were trying to take someone else's man away from them as well as telling someone that you hope that they choke on their food. You do know what they say about karma, don't you?
    Ruby grumbling to Shasha: How dare you ruin my fun by bringing up Grandmother. She's not here right now to stop me.
    Shasha to Ruby: Well she's here now standing by the door on the other side of the wall. So you better stop before she gets angry with you.
    Ruby to Shasha: Oh, what is she going to do to me? Send me to my room?
    Shasha: Just stop now. You're old enough now to not act like a child.
    aXpdFRal.jpg

Patty Yong: Hi, I'm Patty Yong. It's nice to meet you.
    Lisa: Hi Patty. I'm Lisa Dawnlight[/b]: It's nice to meet as well.
    Donny: Hi Patty. I'm Donny Lorde. It's nice to meet you too.
    Ruby to Lisa: Would you please shut up as I'm trying to concentrate on my bowling as well as your man.
    Donny to Ruby: SHUT UP RUBY!
    BPl2gnBl.jpg

Donny to Lisa: Okay step aside, I'll show you how it's done Lisa... ;)
    Lisa to Donny: Oh, so you're going to show me how to bowl when you know darn well that I was on a bowling team... :p
    Ruby to Lisa: Hmph! A bowling team? I don't think so with the way she was bowling. The team probably stayed in last place with her sloppy bowling. But then again, who would want you on their team anyhow?
    Shasha to Ruby: Didn't I already tell to stop harassing Lisa as it's getting old now?
    Ruby to Shasha: Yes you did. But it's fun to harass her.
    Shasha to Ruby: Well it's old now and messing with the mood around here. Plus you're making yourself look like a fool. Let's just keep bowling and leave Donny and Lisa alone now.
    Ruby grumbling to Shasha: Okay, whatever you say.
    rEZVUTPl.jpg
    gyMHN64l.jpg
    xZbbgiml.jpg
    7Qvh27Nl.jpg

Donny to Lisa: WOOHOO! I did a better job than you did... :p
    Lisa to Donny: Great job Donny!
    Donny to Lisa: Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Ruby to Lisa: He did a...
    Shasha to Ruby: I said stop it already!
    Shasha grumbling to Shasha: Mind your own business, sister!
    zzFeVoFl.jpg
    sx3zDq6l.jpg
    edited February 2022
    Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 13

Donny joking to Lisa: You're still not standing the proper way and holding the bowling ball the right way Lisa... :p
    Lisa joking back to Donny: Oh hush Donny, I know what I'm doing. Don't forget that I used to bowl years ago... ;)
    Donny: Of course I haven't forgotten about that. You do remember that I used to go to all of your bowling games to watch you and to cheer you on.
    Lisa: Of course I remember that, I used to wink at you before rolling my ball down the lane while you cheered me on... :kissing:
    30DwvVyl.jpg

Lisa: Oh great, the phone rings. Who the heck would be calling me here?
    Ruby: Would you please answer your phone as I am trying to concentrate on my bowling? Geezy Leezy!!! I just hope that if you're in any of my classes that you don't leave your phone turned up or doing anything too stupid to embarrass yourself and make everyone laugh at you.
    Shasha to Ruby: Didn't I just get finish telling you to leave Lisa alone?
    Ruby grumbling to Shasha: Yes Mother.
    Shasha to Lisa: I'm sorry about my sister's rude behavior. We weren't brought up like that so I don't know what has gotten into her to behavior in such a way.
    Lisa to Shasha: No problem Shasha. Besides, I'm not listening to her anyhow. Plus I don't think that we would have any classes together since is seems like she might be a a semester or 2 ahead of me anyhow.
    Shasha: Thank you Lisa.
    V3Glv3Zl.jpg

Lisa: You're welcome. Now if you excuse me, I need to answer my phone. Hello!
    Spam Caller: We've been trying to get ahold of you about your car's expired warranty...
    Lisa to spam caller: You can take your freaking expired warranty scam and shove it where the sun doesn't shine at.
    Spam Caller: But this isn't a scam as we really do need your info about your car so that we can....
    Lisa to Spam Caller: BLAH BLAH BLAH. GOODBYE!!!!
    Sa7jJBll.jpg

Ruby to Lisa: Wow, so very ladylike for you to act like that.
    Lisa to Ruby: You have room to talk about being "so very ladylike" when you're trying to be a bully and pick on others. Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    Q2UxmNhl.jpg

Ruby: WOOT!!! Did you see that Lisa? I got a strike when you couldn't even knock any pins down as you had a gutter ball. You keep doing what you're doing and your career will be in the gutter before you can even start it.
    Lisa to Donny: After you're done with your go, let's go somewhere else if you don't mind.
    Donny to Lisa: Of course I don't mind. I'll go anywhere where you're going sweetie.
    Ruby to Donny: Oh gag me with a spoon. Well I'm glad you're not interested in me as I can't stand a man who can't stand up for himself.
    Donny to Ruby: Oh will you just shut up already as I'm getting tired of your insults to my fiancée and I.
    a0B7l9Ml.jpg

Ruby to Donny: HMPH!!!! Who the heck do you think you're talking to like that?
    Donny to Ruby: I'm talking to you as you are a self-centered person who thinks that everyone should bow down to you.
    Ruby: Well I never....
    Shasha yelling at Ruby: SHUT UP SISTER!!!
    Ruby giving Ruby the evil eye: Just go away Shasha. I don't need you telling me what to do as you're not mother or Grandmother.
    Shasha: No I am not. But Grandmother is still here in the building with us and I can easily just go and tell her that you're being mean and rude towards other people. And you know if she knows that that she would be quite disappointed in you as we weren't brought up like that. Right?
    Ruby grumbling at Shasha: You're such a joy kill sister.
    VcpEUfBl.jpg

Donny: Thank the maker that we got away from that nasty Ruby. She just wouldn't shut up and mind her own business after telling her that I'm not interested in her.
    Lisa: Yeah right! I just really hope that I don't have any classes with her as I wouldn't be able to stand being near her and her rude ways.
    Donny: I wouldn't let it bother you as she's a nobody anyhow. And like you said earlier, she probably wouldn't be in any of your classes anyhow. Oh no, one of my cowboys is getting abducted.
    Lisa: I'm not going to let her bother me. I've dealt with people like her who thinks that they're special and act all high and mighty when they're not all that anyhow. OH SHOOT! I was just killed by a zombie.
    Donny: Should head on home after we're done playing these games so that we can get ready for our first classes in the morning.
    Lisa: That sounds good. I want to start to reading the book that they left for us for our classes.
    Donny: Yeah same here.
    Lisa looking at Donny: Oh, so now you're reading... :p
    Donny: Very funny Lisa... ;)
    YWkmP1Xl.jpg

Donny: So what is your book that you're reading?
    Lisa: It's called Exploring the Microscopic World. What's yours?
    Donny: Forensic Models: Learning From Simulations.
    0SSdBU0l.jpg

Donny: Well I'm going to bed now. You coming?
    Lisa: Not yet. I'm hungry, so I'm going to fix me some mac & cheese for dinner.
    Donny: Okay. Oh I see that they brought us a microwave oven to use as well as another cabinet for it to sit on.
    Lisa: Oh good. Now I can just pop this in the microwave instead of cooking it on the stove.
    Donny: That sounds like a good idea. Well don't stay up too later or you're be too tired for your first class. Love you <3.
    Lisa: I won't be too long. Love you too <3.
    4Ycna6cl.jpg
    elAi8gZl.jpg
    lsXKZOsl.jpg

Lisa: Not too bad cooking this in the microwave considering that it looks cheap to me.
    blRZdiel.jpg

Lisa: The sink's not too bad either even though it looks old.
    Xloo0mpl.jpg

Lisa: Let's just hope the shower is a good one and not like the one in our old apartment in Bridgeport.
    5umxMqil.jpg

Lisa: OMG!!! Doesn't this place have any hot water? That was too cold. I didn't think that I had used that much hot water to wash my dirty dishes with.
    QaU0GONl.jpg

Lisa: I hope the bed is comfortable but I doubt it given how old it looks. Donny seems to be comfortable and sound asleep already.
    2EZty4hl.jpg
    5PuEQfYl.jpg
    edited February 2022
    Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 14

Donny: I got up bright and early the next day and went into the bathroom to do my daily routine in there while I let Lisa sleep until she's ready to get up and then I fixed myself a breakfast burrito for my breakfast. I then took it to the table and sat down to eat it. It tasted pretty good being cooked in the microwave.
    yocoYUpl.jpg
    kstDl8Il.jpg
    RG0Vzwbl.jpg

Donny: After throwing away the burrito wrapper and cleaning up my plate, I went to the bookshelf as I wanted to read a book about handiness so that I can learn how to fix things around the house.
    fOcAcbel.jpg

Lisa: I see that you're up already and reading a book. Are you reading your textbook before class this morning?
    Donny: Hey there sleepyhead. Sleep okay last night? No, it's not my textbook as I'm reading a book about handiness so that I can know what I'm doing when I need to fix things around the house.
    Lisa: I slept so so on that bed. It could had been better if the bed had been more comfortable and not lumpy. Oh, so now you're going to learn the handiness skill now that we own our own house and not have to depend on the landlord to send a handyperson over to fix things for us.
    Donny: Well yes, that's why I'm doing this. Plus is saves money that we could be using for other things. And you do know that I do know basic maintenance service as I was the one that my siblings came to to fix their broken items up. What are you reading?
    Lisa: I'm just reading a cooking book to help with my cooking skills.
    Donny: But you're a nature born cook, so what more could you learn?
    Lisa: There's still a lot of things that can be learned while cooking. Things change over time as well as recipes and appliances and cookware and other stuff. Even the top chefs keep learning new and exciting new things everyday as well as new and improved recipes. Just like you can be a master electrician and still learn things as wiring and electrical appliances and wiring changes over time.
    RAvukmTl.jpg

Donny: Now what are you doing?
    Lisa: I'm going to sit on the floor and do a little drawing next as that is my next class afterwards. So I want to hone up my drawing skills as well.
    fKYM1Vwl.jpg

Lisa: Do you hear something moving around outside?
    Donny: Yeah. What do you suppose it to be?
    Lisa: It's a wild horse outside over at the neighbor's house.
    xtRcxbHl.jpg

Lisa: And now before you ask, I'm just reading my book from last night so that I can be ready for my first class today so that I can act like I know what I'm doing.
    Donny: You'll be fine today in your class. You can ace this class with your eyes closed like you always do.
    Lisa: You think?
    Donny: I know you can and I've seen you do it before.
    aRfet8gl.jpg

Donny: Do you hear the horse neighing? Must be something outside that it doesn't like.
    Lisa: Yeah, I hear it neighing. The neighbor just walked up his walkway towards his house and the horse didn't like being snuck up on.
    Donny: Okay, was just checking since horse can be spooked by anything and take off running in the opposite direction.
    MClUE7Fl.jpg

Lisa with her tummy rumbling: Well now that I'm done my studying for now, I will fix me a breakfast burrito. Are they any good?
    Donny: Yikes! It sounds like you need something to eat as I can even hear your tummy growling at me... :p And yes, they are good.
    mgFQOfNl.jpg

Donny: Come on Lisa, you can clean up the dishes when we get home later today as we don't want to be late for our first classes this morning even though we're right across the road from the building that we need to go to. So pick up the pace some.
    Lisa: I'm coming Donny. Just let me slip on my shoes real quick and adjust my hair bun on my head. Okay?
    Donny: Sure, but do it on your way out the door slow poke... :p
    FVExj29l.jpg

Lisa: I'm not a slow poke, I was just getting dressed.
    Donny: You were getting dressed at the last minute, so you are a slow poke... :p
    Lisa: Okay mister, you just watch yourself over there before you get a knuckle sandwich... :p
    Donny: You need to catch me first to give a knuckle sandwich and I don't think that you can catch me slow poke... :p
    ouqpaXtl.jpg

Lisa: Darn it, I went the wrong way trying to get to my first class. But thankfully it's still early and I won't be later getting to class.
    kGq9JvZl.jpg

Lisa: I saw Ruby after class and she was complaining about being hungry. Poor little Ruby didn't think about eating before class or even bringing something to snack on when in class. I don't feel sorry for her.
    9ojhN1Gl.jpg

Donny: Hey Babe. How was your first class today?
    Lisa: It was great. Of course I paid attention in class and was called on a few times and got the answers right. Of course I saw Ruby outside when I left the building and poor little Ruby was starving to death. Oh well, she should had ate breakfast before coming to class or had a snack on her to have for later. How was your class today?
    Donny: Oh it was okay. Maybe not as exciting as yours as I didn't get called on but only once and then nothing afterwards.
    KztT16bl.jpg

Lisa: Oh that's too bad. I guess we can talk some more after the next class as it's time to go to them now. Love you Sweetie... <3
    Donny: Love you too Babe... <3
    xXIc7GQl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 15

Lisa: Woah, I've made it to 2nd class of the day. So let's go in and see what I can learn today in art class.
    qRJz5Ovl.jpg

Lisa: While I was in class, Marsha Barrington was outside after her class talking to her turtle.
    fobmKcwl.jpg

Lisa: Then Marsha sat down next to Che Justice who then stood up and striped off his clothes to go streaking around campus. WOW! That's one hairy dude right there... :#
    6JL76fSl.jpg
    HWxKiBWl.jpg

Donny: Hello!
    Scam Caller: We like to talk to you about Medicare and what your benefits are...
    Donny: So, but I'm not old enough for Medicare. So you can take your scam and scram as I'm not interested in what you're trying to sell. GOODBYE!!!!
    82ZHYmdl.jpg

Donny: Hey Babe! How's it going?
    Lisa: Hey Sweetie! It's going just fine. Who were you talking to on the phone?
    Donny: A scammer trying to sell me Medicare which of course I'm not old enough for, so I told where to go and them hung up. How was your art class?
    Lisa: It was good. They just went over the basics of art and what it's about. Hopefully soon we will be doing paintings and drawings in class. How was your class.
    Donny: Oh, we just talked about lasers and the different uses for them and the history of lasers.
    Au9Z3J7l.jpg
    WZxMEwkl.jpg

Lisa: Ready for some dinner?
    Donny: Sure. Are you thinking of the burger joint?
    Lisa: Sure was.
    Donny: Okay you lead the way. Just be careful when crossing the street as I don't want you to get hit.
    erzNQr9l.jpg
    vS1DtPul.jpg

Lisa: I like the look of this place as it reminds me of the old diners from the 50's with the waitresses on roller skates bringing out customers food on trays to sit in the window frames on their car doors.
    Donny: It sure does. Too bad there aren't any classic cars around for us to look at.
    Lisa: Yeah, as I really love looking at them and seeing the ladies in the old poodle skirts.
    Donny: What are going to have to eat?
    Lisa: I don't know yet as I need to see what's on the menu.
    7yShQpJl.jpg

Lisa: Boy that was some very good Bouillabaisse that they have there. I need to learn the recipe for that now.
    Donny: Yeah, that was pretty good. I can't wait until you learn that recipe as well.
    b0h0fFql.jpg

Lisa: Let's head on back home now as it's getting late.
    Donny: Okay Lisa. Just be careful riding the bike after dark.
    Lisa: I will. You be careful as well.
    DMtC9Qel.jpg

Lisa: EWWWWW GROSS!!! Something smells terrible in here.
    Donny: It's that plate you left there this morning from your breakfast burrito that I'd told you to leave until we got home today.
    Lisa: Yeah, I forgot about that plate. Here let me wash it up so that the smell goes away.
    sBt2oiVl.jpg

Donny: Now that you're done taking care of the dirty dish, would you like to go outside and watch the stars before we head to bed?
    Lisa: Of course I would love to watch the stars with you.
    Donny: Okay, let's go outside and sit on the porch.
    IWKCtChl.jpg
    I4TkVrUl.jpg

Donny: You see that star over there?
    Lisa: Where? There's a lot of stars out here tonight... :p
    4FMbcpWl.jpg

Donny: That one right there, the blue one?
    Lisa: Oh yes, I see it now. It's pretty.
    Donny: Yes it is but not as pretty as you are... <3 Oh, there is a shooting star, close your eyes make a wish and it'll come true.
    Lisa: Okay, I've made a wish.
    Donny: Same here.
    LYzHfKtl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt.16

Donny: Lisa had gotten a new shirt from a friend of hers named @CravenLestat, so she tried it on and modeled it in front of me.

Donny: That shirt looks pretty cool. Your friend Craven is a great t-shirt designer. Maybe he should go into fashion design with all of his designs that he makes.
    Lisa: Thank you Donny. I like it as well. And yes, you're right about Craven being a good designer. I've even told him that he needs to go professional with his craft but he said that he just likes doing it for fun which is okay or else I would have to pay the high prices for his designs instead of getting them for free from him.
    7nrQuu0l.jpg
    helQNagl.jpg

Donny: Excuse me for a moment as my phone is ringing.
    Lisa: Okay. I will go and get ready for bed while you answer your phone.
    Donny: Hello!
    Scam Caller: This call is from the Department of Social Security administration. The reason you have a call from our department is to inform you that we just suspend your Social Security number because we found some suspicious activity, so if you want to know about this case just press one thank you....
    Donny yelling at the phone: FREAKING SCAMMERS CAN GO THE HECK AWAY!!!!
    wGuZPxkl.jpg

Donny: The next morning I get up and go into the bathroom for my morning routine when the toilet clogs up on me.

Donny yelling: &*^%*# toilet clogged up on me... :s
    MgeL8mQl.jpg
    eVTguw9l.jpg
    Uy71g0kl.jpg

Donny: After unclogging the toilet and washing my hands, I went out to the kitchen to have a piece of pizza that I zapped in the microwave while Lisa was still in the bed snoozing away.
    Aqy0DjQl.jpg
    DmmoYv4l.jpg

Lisa: Was that you in the bathroom cussing at the toilet?
    Donny: Yes it was. Darn thing clogged up on me and I had to unclog it. Oh, and good morning sleepy head.
    Lisa: Good morning to you as well my handsome man.
    XpPl9Xnl.jpg

Donny: What class do you have this morning?
    Lisa: I have my Science and Medicine Lecture at the Connor building. What's yours today?
    Donny: It's my Technology Class activity at the same building only it's from 4 to 6 this afternoon.
    IYB9O5Hl.jpg

Lisa: Alright Donny, I have to go to my lecture now but I will see you when I get home from class. Love you <3.
    Donny: Okay Lisa, have fun and I love you too <3.

Lisa: So I get to the lecture hall and it's not even filled up with students and the ones that were there were either sleeping or just standing around doing nothing.
    248mCHil.jpg

Lisa: Also, where is our teacher at as there is no one teaching or lecturing us on the subject that we are there for. So how am I going to pass this class if no one is there to explain to us on what we need to know about medicine?
    kunfQhql.jpg

Lisa: Students raising their hands and for what when there isn't anyone there to take our questions. What kind of lecture is this? We can't lecture our own selves on something that we don't know yet.
    D2L0nAgl.jpg

Donny: In the mean time, I'm using my laptop to chat with some friends and family back home in Riverview while Lisa is at her lecture. I'm letting my friends know that Lisa and I are doing just fine in Aurora Skies and that we are taking classes at the university.
    r5a5Cayl.jpg

Lisa: Man I really wish that we had a teacher in here as I need to ask a question.
    olqi48ql.jpg
    PjA8gTjl.jpg

Lisa: Another student just came in as he was late. Apparently he didn't get anything to eat before showing up and now he's sleeping during our so-called lecture.
    3W564XQl.jpg

Lisa: Oh well, since we don't anyone here to wake up the sleeping students I might as well join them too.
    xWMEQe9l.jpg

Lisa: Well I was asleep until I had a heavy book being dropped somewhere in this room but by who since everyone is still sitting down in their chairs. And since I'm awake, I might as well take out my notebook and start writing what is on the board.
    XVs7ecRl.jpg
    1xTb2Gll.jpg
    cd5PF9Hl.jpg

Lisa: Man am I glad that the boring lecture is over with. Now let's get home so that I can spend some time with Donny before he has to go to his lecture. Plus I want to tell him about a rumor that I had heard while I was in class today.
    XfPpycNl.jpg

Donny: Hey Lisa! Glad to have you home now. Want to go out and toss the frisbee around a little before I have to go to class?
    Lisa: Hey Donny! Yes, that sounds like fun.
    Donny: Cool, lead the way then Lisa.
    ny0pVvel.jpg
    EreUYuEl.jpg

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 17

Donny: So we go outside to the side yard and start tossing the frisbee back and forth to one another. Of course there was some hits and misses but luckily enough that no one was seriously hurt. Of course we also had a good time and a good laugh when we would either miss catching the frisbee or when one of us would get hit in the forehead with it.
    Lisa: I think I got hit the hardest as I think that I still have a bruise on my forehead near the hairline.
    Donny: Now you know that the frisbee didn't hit you that hard. And besides, I looked for any bruising or cuts and didn't see anything. But you on the other hand just don't know your strength as you nearly knocked me down with your toss when the frisbee hit me on my head. I thought that I saw stars swirling around me head.

Pictures are under the spoiler... :)
    Donny: Here comes the first toss, so heads up Lisa.
    Lisa: I'm watching and waiting for the frisbee.
    hp1g8wk.jpg

After a couple of tosses back and forth:

Lisa:OUCH!!! That hit my fingers when I was trying to catch that toss.
    Donny laughing at Lisa: Just shake it off and toss the frisbee back to me.
    Lisa: Okay but just give me a minute will you?
    7zBfiCG.jpg

Donny: Hey, that hurt.
    Lisa laughing at Donny: That's what you get for laughing at me... ;) What's good for the goose is good for the gander...lol
    Donny: But I didn't hit your hand that hard. I think that you might had broken my hand with that hit... :p
    Lisa: Awww, poor baby. Just shake it off and toss it back to me. Isn't that what you told me?
    Donny giving Lisa the side eye: Just give me minute.
    SH6MU6u.jpg

Donny: There you go again tossing it too low making me miss catching it.
    Lisa laughing at Donny: It's not my fault that the wind pushed it down the way it did, now is it.
    Donny: Oh you just keep it up and I will get you back... :p
    PTeOvJg.jpg

Lisa laughing at Donny: What were you saying about getting me back?
    Donny: OUCH!!!!! Are you trying to knock me out?
    Lisa laughing: No I was not. It's not my fault that the wind came through and upswept the frisbee right into your head.
    Donny: Sure blame it on the wind when it's not even windy out here.
    hbYuglI.jpg
    iym1VvZ.jpg

Donny laughing at Lisa: Maybe I should had yelled heads up before tossing you the frisbee... :p
    Lisa: $%^&! That hurts. I think I'm bleeding now and it feels like my eyeballs hurt.
    cnx7tWR.jpg
    H9WQOSL.jpg

Donny: Come here so I can take a look to just make sure that I didn't hurt you.
    Lisa: Okay babe.
    Donny: Well I don't see any cuts or bruising on your forehead.
    Lisa: Well that's good but I still feel a little sore up that.
    Donny: Well just keep an eye out on the area just to make sure that you don't bruise up in that area. Okay?
    Lisa: Okay Dr. Donny... :kissing_heart:
    AmfXjAx.jpg

Donny taking Lisa by the waist: Oh and one last thing, let me give you a little something that you make you feel better. Just me let know how you feel afterwards.
    Lisa: That feels good and I'm forgetting about my head hurting as well.
    tq4zmfC.jpg
    ecNzY4g.jpg

Lisa: Okay Donny, turn around.
    Donny: Why? What for?
    Lisa: Just do as I say and you will find out. Okay?
    Donny: Okay but just don't hurt me.
    Lisa: Now why would I do something like that for?
    Donny: Oh, I don't know but you just might... ;)
    VvkjA1Q.jpg

Lisa: You're a bit tensed up, so I want to massage your back and shoulders for you. How does that feel?
    Donny: OHHHH! That feels so good. Maybe you should be a professional masseuse instead of a doctor.
    Lisa: I would still have to train to do that as well as know where and how to put pressure on the problem areas so that I don't hurt you. But if I'm going to have go through that training, I might as well become a doctor instead.
    bGGXvO1.jpg
    eBhB5OI.jpg

Donny: Ohhh Man, that just hits the spot. You did a good job as I don't feel all tensed up now.
    Lisa: Glad to be of service. But just wait until you see my bill and then you night not think that afterwards... ;)
    Xsd8w5Z.jpg
    6tn02p5.jpg

Donny: So how was your lecture today?
    Lisa: Boring. What I mean is that there wasn't any teacher or professor there to lecture us on what we need to learn. And the class wasn't even full of students as it was on a very very small handful of us in there. I fell asleep for a few minutes until someone dropped a book on the floor or table. How was your day?
    qisY2Nl.jpg

Donny: It was okay. I chatted on the computer while you were in class to our friends back in Riverview letting them know that we're doing fine and taking up some classes at the university. They were all happy to hear that and they wanted me tell you that they said Hi and that they miss you.
    Lisa: That's good to hear. Maybe one of these days we will go to Riverview and visit them as well as our family.
    Donny: That sounds like a good idea. And maybe you can do some paintings of the area so that we can hang them up back at home in Aurora Skies.
    TwAGzU1.jpg
    aaq3TFy.jpg

Lisa: Oh my maker! I meant to tell you about a rumor that I heard in class about Shasha Parks. It seems that we have vampires that go to classes with us as Ludo Vicco is one and he turned Shasha into one. Poor Shasha! Why couldn't it be Ruby?
    Donny: Yeah I saw that as it went out to everyone's phone. Shasha doesn't deserve that as she was pretty nice. And as for Ruby, yeah I don't think that would be a good idea for her to be one as she can then drink from you and possibly kill you while she either makes me her boy toy to drink from or turn me into a vampire so that her and I can be together forever.
    Lisa: Yeah that wouldn't be a good idea then as I wouldn't you to be someone's boy toy to drink from or to be a vampire forever.
    Donny: Of course we better hope that Ruby doesn't convince Shasha to go after anyone that may had wrong her in any way or ask Shasha to turn her into a vamp.
    Lisa: Right!
    e4MaBZz.jpg
    xGJr75C.jpg

Donny: Well as much as I would love to stay here with you all day chatting and hanging out with you, I have to get to my lecture now. Love you <3.
    Lisa: Love you too babe <3.
    qxbQw0I.jpg

Lisa yelling at Donny in a good way: Be careful on that bike and have fun today Donny.Donny yelled back: I will.
    s2GFUcf.jpg

Lisa: I guess I will just sit here on this nice day and draw in my drawing pad while I wait for Donny to get home from his lecture.
    5zwsx44.jpg

Donny: I went to the place where the comic book store is and had to use the Brain Enhancing Machine. This contraption looks a bit scary to me. I just hope that it doesn't fry my brain up.
    iLQXxh5.jpg

Donny: Well so far so good. But it just started, so we shall see what happens next.
    uUmFqnG.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top