Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to make mistakes on the stage with the sim in acting skill 10?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I'm currently away from the sims 4 for a while but I remember my sims made some mistake in sword fighting last year, and I'm still wondering what caused this mistake. It happened in 2 cases. I have 5 sims have completed acting skill, and 1 of them is an actor, silverscreen icon. You know that the acting marks can be unlocked when your sim is leveling up in career. I placed the sword fighting acting mark at the back garden at home lot. I had my 2 sims got in a sword fighting action. 5 of them were failed in acting. 2 of them completed 'actor' aspiration long time ago, but they also failed in sword fighting action. The sword stabbed my sim's foot. After that, a couple of days later, the actor sim went for a gig. And he failed in sword fighting again on stage. I'm still curious the sims have completed actor aspiration can make mistakes in acting..? They didn't make any mistake with other acting motion. Only the sword fighting was the problem.

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    How's his fitness? That's relevant in some acting gigs, so I can imagine it being a possible factor.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    How's his fitness? That's relevant in some acting gigs, so I can imagine it being a possible factor.
    Most of the skills include fitness, charisma, handiness are all maxed. :)

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I would say yes, that aspiration traits tells you that noone can be sure that this was a mistake, so you would still get the points, I guess.
    edited January 2022
    Daravi wrote: »
    I would say yes, that aspiration traits tells you that noone can be sure that this was a mistake, so you would still get the points, I guess.
    I feel this is weird. I had a sim lived as an actor for a year in sims time. He has never failed in sword fighting gig. He became an actor when the get famous was released, and was an actor until 2019 in real time. And that actor sim failed in sword fighting 5 times in a row in back garden last year. Of course he changed his career to doctor after quitting the actor career. This was unbelievable. It’s acceptable if he failed just one or two times out of 5 tries, but he failed in 5 out of 5. I couldn’t believe my eyes who had been the greatest actor in his past life. :(
    Since that time, he is just teaching the acting skill to his kids. I don’t let him in a sword fighting ever again.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Being in a terrible mood or very hungry/full bladder etc seems to affect my actors on stage. I can't say for sure that it will affect a sim rated 10 though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I had a clumsy Sim as an actor, and he would occasionally fail objectives even with maxed acting, fitness, and charisma.
    edited January 2022
    @Simmerville
    No he is a vampire and always get plasma from his friends, so no way to have bad moodlets.

@NightlyCoffee
    My sim's traits are Creative, Genius and Music Lover. He has maxed in over 18 skills and has 13 degrees.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Daravi wrote: »
    I feel this is weird. I had a sim lived as an actor for a year in sims time. He has never failed in sword fighting gig. He became an actor when the get famous was released, and was an actor until 2019 in real time. And that actor sim failed in sword fighting 5 times in a row in back garden last year. Of course he changed his career to doctor after quitting the actor career. This was unbelievable. It’s acceptable if he failed just one or two times out of 5 tries, but he failed in 5 out of 5. I couldn’t believe my eyes who had been the greatest actor in his past life. :(
    Since that time, he is just teaching the acting skill to his kids. I don’t let him in a sword fighting ever again.

I saw your answer just right now, sorry. I don't wonder, when I was young my mom went with me to a series production for background scenes, surprisingly they even let my thank you stayed in. The mistakes of that scene had given me 3 cups of ice cream for free. A lot of mistakes can happen even to a great actor, so that the scene has to retake again and again. Think of the funny outtakes. Unfortunately the game mechanics don't allow a new try when something has failed.