Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am playing the scenarios, come and join me :)

So I have finished the 100 baby challenge and need something new to do. So I am going to try doing the game scenarios starting with the Making Money one :)

I am using a fresh out of CAS sim, so no skills. I am going to challenge myself by not being allowed to leave the house at all. So can't make money with a job or go and look for collectables. I gave my lot traits to assist me with my challenge. I am using Home Studio and Natural light to help make money with painting. Will also sell the masterpieces on Plopsy as you get more money that way. And just for good measure I added the Penny pixies lot trait ;) I sold everything I won't need in the house to start on my cash build up and to purchase the artist easel to start painting. I will update how I am going once a day, so not as often as I did with the 100 baby one. Feel free to join in and we can do this together :)

WwAeae3.png

USkfwWR.png

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Oooh forgot about these little guys. I had a robo vacuum in all my other games. Gonna make him my friend so he can gift me some goodies <3
    6szIa8w.png
    Mmmm how do you keep the house from becoming dirty and the bunnies evil but not vacuum them up? Anyone know? Thanks in advance for help :)
  • Options
    Things are going well now. Plopsy has atleast two/three paintings going a day if not more. Isabel befriended the little bunny and he is getting some things for her. I have to use the Multiselect option to sell it though which is weird. But hey I found a way LOL. I also had to buy a robo vacuum now that little Dusty is safe from it. I can not handle all the cleaning needed and don't want more than one dust bunny.

bTErrqF.png
  • Options
    Yay the paintings are bringing in some nice large amounts now :D
    bXeFPrh.png
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    wow I had no idea they could sell for that much on plopsy, I haven't tried any of the scenarios yet, maybe I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    wow I had no idea they could sell for that much on plopsy, I haven't tried any of the scenarios yet, maybe I'll give it a go.

I think my house lot traits help as well ;) Also she has mastered painting now and is doing so many masterpieces its amazing :D It would be super aweSim if you join me. Its always more fun if more simmers join in <3
  • Options
    I got rid of the dustbunny, he did not do much anyways. They were more fun before they were updated LOL
    DeQ05yp.png
  • Options
    @blueybluesky look at this one Isabel sold on Plopsy :o
    Gfe9YIG.png
  • Options
    That is me for now. I am pretty impressed with the result of my first day of playing. Isabel has 88 565 Not bad going ;) Will see you all tomorrow <3 Happy simming everyone :)

uKWwbng.png
  • Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try that out, I always sell the paintings straight from the easel :D
  • Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try that out, I always sell the paintings straight from the easel :D

I used to do that too until a fellow simmer suggested to rather use Plopsy, changed my sim's lifes :)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Ooh, I had never seen that suggestion for paintings and I have an active Sim that is relatively fresh into the painting thing right now. Thanks for this thread and the suggestion!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I like to only play in the one save which is my Brooks legacy so I tagged my sim with MCCC to not age. That way I don't have to worry about her aging while I play through my other families, then when she's all done I can have her marry into the legacy family :)
    Her name is Senna Reeves, She's creative, a loner and an animal enthusiast. She's living in Henford on Bagley and has a Llama named Llamageddon.
    b2toVHd.png
    Post edited by blueybluesky on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Oh no. Now I want to try this. 😄
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Mmmm how do you keep the house from becoming dirty and the bunnies evil but not vacuum them up? Anyone know? Thanks in advance for help :)

I totally forgot to respond to this the first time I was in this thread. It's so interesting with so many cool pictures that I got distracted. :lol:

Anyway, once you befriend a dust bunny, they don't get vacuumed up unless you specifically target them to squash. So just get it up to being your friend and it will be safe.

I do agree with your later conclusion that they aren't all that much fun though. I kept one around when I had a child in the house, thought it was a cute friend for her. But I vacuumed it once she went off to college.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @mcrudd
    Love your new thread! Great start on your first one!
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Ooh, I had never seen that suggestion for paintings and I have an active Sim that is relatively fresh into the painting thing right now. Thanks for this thread and the suggestion!

It is a pleasure, feel free to join in anytime :D
    I like to only play in the one save which is my Brooks legacy so I tagged my sim with MCCC to not age. That way I don't have to worry about her aging while I play through my other families, then when she's all done I can have her marry into the legacy family :)
    Her name is Senna Reeves, She's creative, a loner and an animal enthusiast. She's living in Henford on Bagley and has a Llama named Llamageddon.
    b2toVHd.png

Aww she is pretty <3 Love her llama too. Very clever to make her a loner, Isabel have to talk to the peeps walking past her house for social skill, fortunately I picked a very busy corner near the sylvan glades tree ;) Can't wait to see how Senna does <3

Hahaha @Stormkeep thanks for the reply, the game actually gave me the answer when she became good friends with little dusty, but they are no fun anymore, it was giving her small change and cat/dog toys, before they were updated they used to give mega moneys and treasures from the jungle LOL. Hahaha I stepped on it, did not think to buy a vacuum, saving money no wasting LOL :D
    TeeSea wrote: »
    @mcrudd
    Love your new thread! Great start on your first one!

Thank you @TeeSea, feel free to join in anytime <3
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @all loading my game now, see how far I get today :) I was actually lying in bed before I fell asleep and remembered you get a lifetime reward that also betters quality of paintings and so on. Will see if she has enough points.

Edit to add :)

Yip she had enough points, next time she levels with her aspiration then I will get the Independant trait too so her social can take longer to go into red. More time painting less time talking LOL
    p2ixOHQ.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm not really doing a challenge, per se, but my Rock Star and his wife have five Toddlers at the moment, plus an infant. LOL What have I done to myself? LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'm not really doing a challenge, per se, but my Rock Star and his wife have five Toddlers at the moment, plus an infant. LOL What have I done to myself? LOL

OMG :o Poor you. If I had 5 toddlers I would pause a lot and micro manage to prevent absolute chaos. Good luck to you, hope it all works out :)
  • Options
    Reached the 200 000 mark :)
    P6jjLy4.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    You're going to be done in a few days. 😄
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I did the "Making Money" challenge a few months ago. I thought I'd taken more screenshots, but I'm going to share a few here.
    I started on a blank lot, so my sim was essentially homeless for a while until she built up some funds. Luckily, her neighbors across the street were quite friendly.
    Here's my sim, Mira Persepolis, taking a selfie with one of those neighbors:
    KqqHYh4.png

I decided to have Mira become an actress. In this screenshot, she's playing opposite Judith Ward in a police drama:
    5xSF1HO.jpg

Mira worked hard, reached the top of the acting career and had still only made about 50,000 simoleons. At that point, I turned to painting to make extra money. After only two weeks of painting in between gigs, I reached the million mark.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    You're going to be done in a few days. 😄

I hope so, because I am playing with aging off, so its a race against sims life time too LOL

@jbadger12 Mira is beautiful, how clever to do the actress career on top of painting in the end. Well done for completing it too, thanks for sharing your screenies <3
  • Options
    I wonder if she will be an adult or elder when she ends this scenario. She will definitely not be a young adult, her birthday is too close :o
    ZJbD87J.png
  • Options
    Oooh look what I just saw in the rewards store :)
    ZmjxYxN.png