Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited pack builders

Hello, hope you are all well!
There are so many beautiful creations that I find in the gallery, but I am always disappointed to find out that they use more packs than I own. I understand though, that if you own the packs, why not use them? I own quite a few packs myself ( all EPs, some game and stuff packs). However, I am sick of resorting to using base game builds(even though there are beautiful BG homes also) because I can't find homes that I can use. I would like to incorporate the packs I have spent my money on. So...my question is...are there any limited pack builders that you guys know of, or if you are one yourself, please tell me. All of your help would be greatly appreciated due to my frustrations with the gallery. Thank you all and please be well!

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Which packs are you looking for builds from? Maybe someone can try to build something for you that you are looking for or share a build with you. When you search for a build, can't you select the packs you want to be included in the build? Shouldn't there be a filter option on the left side where you can check all the packs you own and then run a search?

I have downloaded Sims that were created with packs I didn't own, and the game just removed the clothing or makeup that I didn't have so I usually don't pay attention to the pack list, but I'm not sure how it works with houses. If, for example, the Blooming Rooms Kit is listed because they used one potted plant, you can still download it and just the plant won't be there right?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    There are so many beautiful creations that I find in the gallery, but I am always disappointed to find out that they use more packs than I own. I understand though, that if you own the packs, why not use them? I own quite a few packs myself ( all EPs, some game and stuff packs). However, I am sick of resorting to using base game builds(even though there are beautiful BG homes also) because I can't find homes that I can use. I would like to incorporate the packs I have spent my money on. So...my question is...are there any limited pack builders that you guys know of, or if you are one yourself, please tell me. All of your help would be greatly appreciated due to my frustrations with the gallery. Thank you all and please be well!

My advice is to not limit yourself and at least take the time to take a closer look to see just how much of a pack that a build which you like the look of uses. It could just be like 1 or 2 things in the entire build...which, imo, would mean there's no reason not to go ahead and use it anyway.

You can click to see which items, and how many, from a pack a build uses by clicking the icon that indicates it uses a pack and then clicking the "Show used items" button that appears over on the right in the middle. It's often only a single item or two in the entire build.

I have downloaded quite a few builds from the gallery which used packs I didn't have at the time. A couple things in an entire build being absent a lot of the times isn't even noticeable.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Which packs are you looking for builds from? Maybe someone can try to build something for you that you are looking for or share a build with you. When you search for a build, can't you select the packs you want to be included in the build? Shouldn't there be a filter option on the left side where you can check all the packs you own and then run a search?

I have downloaded Sims that were created with packs I didn't own, and the game just removed the clothing or makeup that I didn't have so I usually don't pay attention to the pack list, but I'm not sure how it works with houses. If, for example, the Blooming Rooms Kit is listed because they used one potted plant, you can still download it and just the plant won't be there right?

Hello,
    I noticed that when I do check the packs I own in the gallery, it shows homes with packs I do not own as well. The gallery is not very user friendly, lol.
    As for downloading Sims and houses with packs I do not own, I have learned that CAS creations with unowned packs work way better than houses. I don't really have the time to fill in the missing pieces from homes created with packs I don't own
    Thank you for your input, and I think maybe looking for someone who can build me something specific may be my best option at this point. Thank you for the idea!
    Stormkeep wrote: »

My advice is to not limit yourself and at least take the time to take a closer look to see just how much of a pack that a build which you like the look of uses. It could just be like 1 or 2 things in the entire build...which, imo, would mean there's no reason not to go ahead and use it anyway.

You can click to see which items, and how many, from a pack a build uses by clicking the icon that indicates it uses a pack and then clicking the "Show used items" button that appears over on the right in the middle. It's often only a single item or two in the entire build.

I have downloaded quite a few builds from the gallery which used packs I didn't have at the time. A couple things in an entire build being absent a lot of the times isn't even noticeable.

Oh wow, I never even knew you could click the icons of packs used to see how many items of that pack were used. This is very helpful information! Thanks so much!!!

Oh wow, I never even knew you could click the icons of packs used to see how many items of that pack were used. This is very helpful information! Thanks so much!!!

Can you also click on the icon if you play on console? I think I might have done that before and it only gave me info and the price of the pack.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I don't know...I don't play the console version. It brings up the info and price of pack on PC too, then you have to click one more time on a button that says "Show used items" to actually see, specifically, what the build uses from the pack.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    I don't know...I don't play the console version. It brings up the info and price of pack on PC too, then you have to click one more time on a button that says "Show used items" to actually see, specifically, what the build uses from the pack.

Ok, I will try that and see what happens. Thanks so much!