Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Where's The Beef"

Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Whazzup OG Simmers and others? Remember that saying "Where's The Beef" where the little ol' lady looks at a hamburger from a competitor of Wendy's Hamburgers and ask "Where's The Beef"? Well "Lets have another Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie". (I remember that one too). And when I looked at Snowy Escape I said "Where's The Beef?". The whole town has only 3 lots to start on, and 3 families that live there already. There is no library there. But there's a Bar. Go figure. The open lots are 20x15. That's small for a household. Every piece of furniture is made of wood (no fires please). And ONLY 1 fishing sign. Compared to ANY other expansion outside of Get To Work, I ask "Where's The Beef?" just like that lil ol' lady did. Am I or we supposed to build a family in this world with no library? The open affordable lot cost so much that I had no funds left to buy a PC (a mandatory household item) or chess table. I'm cool with "Taming of the shoe", I bathed this morning and my feet don't stink. I'm cool with the weather. I like wearing my winter cc. I'm cool with skiing, snow boarding, and rock climbing. The walks can be intriguing, (carry bug spray), and I'm cool with mountain climbing, but where is everybody and everything of import? Where's The Beef?
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Well, technically the beef is in Henford-on-Bagley. They have chicken too.

Seriously though, Snowy Escape is not that bad, the small number of lots in Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook and the fact that I can't build in Batuu make me want to cry sometimes because I love those packs. At least there are more lots and interesting stuff happening in the neighborhoods in Snowy Escape. My dream is that one day there will be an expansion pack just dedicated to Lots and world customization where if you download the pack each world is going to unlock 10 or more lots to build on.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    SE is one of my favorite packs and I don't have much to criticize. The biggest downside in my opinion are the lots. They are either too big or too small, and there are not enough medium sized ones to have a decent size home + garden. Another thing that bugs me even more is that even though the world is quite beautiful, you don't get to see much of this when living on a lot because all views are obscured by box shaped houses in each direction. Why not offer a neighborhood with mountain views that you can see from your home? For these reasons I prefer the base game worlds, they did a better job at this.

Another thing I found disappointing was that SE did not come with a career that goes with its theme, like mountain guide or skiing/snowboarding instructor.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I wanted to exp the weather when I got it. But the lots are too small to do anything with. So I normally start on a base game world or build up Newcrest.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Well, technically the beef is in Henford-on-Bagley. They have chicken too.

Seriously though, Snowy Escape is not that bad, the small number of lots in Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook and the fact that I can't build in Batuu make me want to cry sometimes because I love those packs. At least there are more lots and interesting stuff happening in the neighborhoods in Snowy Escape. My dream is that one day there will be an expansion pack just dedicated to Lots and world customization where if you download the pack each world is going to unlock 10 or more lots to build on.

My dream is the release of The Sims 5. But that won't happen until we stop buying TS4 packs and stuff. I mean would you release a new game if the old one is doing this well? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I refuse to play the multi-player game. I played WoW for a very short time, since my daughter and her first husband gifted me the base game for Christmas one year. Our family formed a Guild, which was useful and kept us in-touch. At that time two were in the Army and far away from our home state. But, when I 'practiced' playing said game on my own trying to use the tactics they taught me, my little gnome kept getting wacked by strangers! Talk about Stranger Danger. Who needs it? What they kept doing to my little character was beyond the pale. I don't need others messing with my Sims, that much is certain.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I never play multi-player games. Case in point. There was a pc warplane game that I and a friend played. We tried playing online in a multi-player format. And we were getting scrapped by the competition. It turned out that the competition were some real life pilots from the U.S. Airforce that were practicing Airforce tactics online against novice players like myself. Learned my lesson then that the computer A.I. was enough for me.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Pvp has never been my thing. PvE for me always. Leave my characters alone (especially my Sims). Husband learned the hard way at the beginning of my simming career (TS1) He mucked around and destroyed one of my families and I got so mad at him for ruining my family. He has never touched one of my games again. :D

The only use I have SE is as a vacation destination. Evicted the families, bulldozed the lots, and rebuilt as parks/rentals for my wealthy sims to enjoy.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Whazzup OG Simmers and others? Remember that saying "Where's The Beef" where the little ol' lady looks at a hamburger from a competitor of Wendy's Hamburgers and ask "Where's The Beef"? Well "Lets have another Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie". (I remember that one too). And when I looked at Snowy Escape I said "Where's The Beef?". The whole town has only 3 lots to start on, and 3 families that live there already. There is no library there. But there's a Bar. Go figure. The open lots are 20x15. That's small for a household. Every piece of furniture is made of wood (no fires please). And ONLY 1 fishing sign. Compared to ANY other expansion outside of Get To Work, I ask "Where's The Beef?" just like that lil ol' lady did. Am I or we supposed to build a family in this world with no library? The open affordable lot cost so much that I had no funds left to buy a PC (a mandatory household item) or chess table. I'm cool with "Taming of the shoe", I bathed this morning and my feet don't stink. I'm cool with the weather. I like wearing my winter cc. I'm cool with skiing, snow boarding, and rock climbing. The walks can be intriguing, (carry bug spray), and I'm cool with mountain climbing, but where is everybody and everything of import? Where's The Beef?

You can add bookshelves to any community lot. Computers also. I don't have any sims living in Mt. Komorebi, only use the neighbourhood for winter vacations. But, when I need more space, I just move families I don't play from bigger lots to smaller lots, sometimes I even combine households. I have this space issue in Sulani, if 8 sims can live on one lot, no need to scatter them in three lots, and there are plans for a village lot.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I never play multi-player games. Case in point. There was a pc warplane game that I and a friend played. We tried playing online in a multi-player format. And we were getting scrapped by the competition. It turned out that the competition were some real life pilots from the U.S. Airforce that were practicing Airforce tactics online against novice players like myself. Learned my lesson then that the computer A.I. was enough for me.

Ouch! Not at all sporting of them. One wonders how good they really were, picking on ordinary folks instead of head on with other professionals. Different game, but I quickly learned to stay away from online. Play alone is quite enough, thanks. As others have pointed out, I don't want anyone messing with either my sims or my builds.