May 20th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

I'm Addicted to Making Iceberg Charts

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,742 Member
Hello!

Just like the title says, I have been addicted to making iceberg charts lately. All of them are about The Sims games.

I'll link those iceberg charts here. I'll update the list with new charts I make.

List of my Iceberg charts:
✔-Has finalized sidebar images

Feel free to take a look and suggest new entries there.
If you plan on making a video on them, go ahead! Just tell me. I want to see it too!

Anyway, enjoy! If something is confusing, don't be afraid to ask! I'm always happy to answer. And if you want to suggest more entries, you can use the proposal feature of the site.
Post edited by EgonVM on
You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,819 Member
    This is super cool!!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited January 18
    Update!

Seeing the positive reception, I think I'll put this one up early. I'll add more entries, that's for sure.

The Sims 1 Iceberg

Thank you for enjoying!

Edit. And now so much info has been filled in. I feel like it deserves the removal of "Work in Progress", but it'll still be open for new entries and entry proposals.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
    Just noticed the "Restrict proposals to logged in users" option. I unchecked it, so if you scroll under the iceberg chart, you can write your own entry proposals to add to the iceberg.

Remember, if you want to set the subcategory, simply choosing a category isn't enough. You must also click on the plus icon. Discovered it when making my own icebergs, so I'll share it to you too.
    Here to share my new iceberg: The Sims Medieval iceberg!

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_Medieval
    New iceberg. For this one, please propose new entries there, which you can do under the iceberg chart.

This is a fun one: The Sims Logic iceberg.

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_Logic
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    These are so great. Sims Medieval was so much fun. I hope we get a Sims 4 game pack like this one day.
    This has a lot of entries, but it could have more.

For now, here's a new iceberg. The Sims 3 iceberg!

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_3
    Just created a new one. Work in progress. Still early, but here it is.

The Sims 4 Patches Iceberg.

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_4_Patches
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 155 Member
    Today I learned about iceberg charts.

I'm familiar with pie charts already :
    lrXg2WO.jpg

I can't take credit for this chart, as I didn't create it, but it did provide me with a few laughs.
    edited January 28
    Another one I'm sharing early.

The Sims 4 iceberg!

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_4

It is so difficult to make this as it feels like people already know many things about The Sims 4. So proposals are very welcome!
    Ok. Two iceberg charts in one day! This one is the 10th iceberg chart I made!

This one is The Sims Controversies iceberg, which also includes The Sims 1, 2, and 3.

https://icebergcharts.com/i/The_Sims_Controversies
    edited February 19
    Hmm... It seems like the addiction is going away.

It was an awesome addiction. I hope one day it comes back.

For now, back to YouTube and school stuff...

PS. Updated The Sims 4 Patches iceberg. I'll try to update it on next patches too!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,415 Member
    edited February 20
    Ooh I love a good iceberg chart! Nice to see some for The Sims! Keep them coming!

Edit: Also yey 4400th post
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Haha I hope one day it comes back too. I liked those pie charts. Good luck with your school stuff. :smile:
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 288 Member
    Awesome. Well done
    edited February 24
    I see we can upload images in this forums now! Let's try it out...

3lgmtr6t14ds.png

Beautiful!

Edit. I feel a little guilty now taking up more space in the server...
  • GordyGordy Posts: 2,341 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    That's pretty good. If I can suggest some new additions:
    • The MAC collaboration, which featured questionable in-game make-up and an IRL Sims palette that was just an old palette being recycled.
    • My Wedding Stories again. This time, about it being broken on release.
    • The beautiful disaster that was Spark'd.
    • The September 4th, 2020 open letter to the community.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    Monkey's Paw? What version of the Sims do console players get? haha
    edited March 2
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Monkey's Paw? What version of the Sims do console players get? haha

Yup. In The Sims 2 for console (GameCube, PS2, XBox) and The Sims 2 Pets for console (Wii, GameCube, PS2, PSP?), you can have your sim search the couch they're sitting on. While they may find food or money, they can also find a monkey's paw. It fills up a random need.
    Gordy wrote: »
    That's pretty good. If I can suggest some new additions:
    • The MAC collaboration, which featured questionable in-game make-up and an IRL Sims palette that was just an old palette being recycled.
    • My Wedding Stories again. This time, about it being broken on release.
    • The beautiful disaster that was Spark'd.
    • The September 4th, 2020 open letter to the community.

Thank you. I've added these to the iceberg. Though with the open letter and Spark'd, I've put in the description the way how I understood the controversy. I hope I got it right, but feel free to correct me.
    I've also added links to the open letter and Spark'd.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    these are so cool and interesting! i love iceberg charts, especially when they're creepy.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,415 Member

I'd like to make a correction on the descriptor about the 20th Anniversary content, and that the release of Hot Tubs to basegame didn't come from Backyard Stuff, but from Perfect Patio. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited March 5

I'd like to make a correction on the descriptor about the 20th Anniversary content, and that the release of Hot Tubs to basegame didn't come from Backyard Stuff, but from Perfect Patio. :)

Oops. That is indeed so.
    Backyard stuff is the one with slip n' slide, lemonade trays, wind chimes, and bird feeders.

I have fixed this mistake. Thank you for letting me know.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
    I have decided to go ahead and make some of the completed iceberg charts fully public (the sidebar doesn't matter).

Now if you go to iceberg charts website and look under Videogames-PC, you should find some of the iceberg charts I've created.

I wonder what will happen next... Only time will tell...